PDA

View Full Version : Please a momment of silence...

NY8123
09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Remember why this country is so great, why we can all be Dolphins Fans. All who gave so we can be Dolphins fans. All who died so we can be Dolphins fans.

dolpns13
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I dont know how to respond to this.. good or bad..

Not sure if we can equate being Dolfan's to 9/11. Lets be realistic, the last thing on my mind during 9/11 was the Miami Dolphins

Mcganiel
09-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Remember why this country is so great, why we can all be Dolphins Fans. All who gave so we can be Dolphins fans. All who died so we can be Dolphins fans.

God bless them and their families. Meating some friends after work to honor my old good friend Jimmy M. NYPD who was not a victim that day but a hero. He passed from lung cancer 3 years ago due to his efforts and heroism.

Phinsfan210
09-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Your dumb for saying that. Theres more important things then the miami dolphins, 9/11 was a tragedy we will never forget and should never forget. God bless the families that lost their beloved ones.

NY8123
09-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I dont know how to respond to this.. good or bad..

Not sure if we can equate being Dolfan's to 9/11. Lets be realistic, the last thing on my mind during 9/11 was the Miami Dolphins

Being a fan is insignificant in light of everything else we have in this country, I know. But still a freedom some do not have and this is a football board so I thought it was one more way to remember today what has been given to us and not to take anything for granted in life.

If you think I am dumb for saying something I feel then I am sorry for you. I never judge anyone else on the board in blanket statements. I at least have some fact behind my aruguments. Sorry if I offended anyone but still one of the millions of freedoms I hold dear, given to us by all of the men and women that have died protecting this great country.

elandre
09-11-2008, 09:58 AM
NEVER FORGET!

God Bless!

and thank you Troops!

fishypete
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
We can change teams....we can change wifes....we can change address's....but we should and will always remember those who died on 911....and we should NEVER forget those who caused their deaths.

Wildbill3
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
My wife works at a radio station and today they are doing a tribute to those who lost thier lives in a format of 'what were you doing...' and as I listened to it, I remembered that day and my own feelings...

I remember exactly what I was doing that day, I was helping my dad work on some stuff in the garage when my mother came outside and told us what had happened. I said out loud "is it some kind of joke?" Nothing could prepare me for the overwhelming sadness that I would experience when I looked at that tv monitor and saw those burning buildings...

After that momment the day is blank, that day honestly stopped for me when I saw that horrible burning image.

Pinkboy
09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I remember what I was doing too.. I was having great morning sex with my ex-girlfriend at the time. Boy she was good.. I saw her recently and she really gained weight. It's amazing how quickly women change.

Pinkboy
09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
oops, back on topic.. Watch the first 4 parts of this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcxGD6-c-E

;)

rev kev
09-11-2008, 10:22 AM
My wife works at a radio station and today they are doing a tribute to those who lost thier lives in a format of 'what were you doing...' and as I listened to it, I remembered that day and my own feelings...

I remember exactly what I was doing that day, I was helping my dad work on some stuff in the garage when my mother came outside and told us what had happened. I said out loud "is it some kind of joke?" Nothing could prepare me for the overwhelming sadness that I would experience when I looked at that tv monitor and saw those burning buildings...

After that momment the day is blank, that day honestly stopped for me when I saw that horrible burning image.

It was my sons first day of school... in the Canadian Prairies..., I called my parents in British Columbia only to find out that they were in Philly for a conference that was obviously "on hold" as the streets were full of sirens... It was sickening...

Dolphins7273
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I was in high school and I found out when I walked into 3rd period. There was a girl crying hysterically because her uncle worked inside one of the towers. Her mom called a little while later and said he was ok, thankfully. It was so crazy, I felt like I was in a horrible nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. I can't even begin to imagine the horror felt by the people that were actually there to witness it.

NY8123
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I live in upstate NY and work for Telecom Company, we must have literally a thousand TVís and video conference rooms that were tuned into the news channels in our R&D plant. I had just got a cup of coffee from the break room. It sat on my desk for three days until I remembered it was there. I remember the phone lines being jammed for hours like they use to be when I was five and there was still an operator. 3000 people worked in our facility and I donít think one thing was said all day it was a ghost town that was crying.

SabanHater
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
horrible day. It was like a nightmare.
I can't believe this happened 7 years a go.

Feels like yesterday.

Vaark
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

fishypete
09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I live in upstate NY and work for Telecom Company, we must have literally a thousand TVís and video conference rooms that were tuned into the news channels in our R&D plant. I had just got a cup of coffee from the break room. It sat on my desk for three days until I remembered it was there. I remember the phone lines being jammed for hours like they use to be when I was five and there was still an operator. 3000 people worked in our facility and I donít think one thing was said all day it was a ghost town that was crying.

First job out of high school I was working for ATT at 140 West St...I was a cable splicer working on the lines going to the trade center...so it holds a special place in my heart.

JC
09-11-2008, 10:57 AM

Its true though. Soldiers are making it possible for us to be a free nation, to do what we want in the limits of the law, and if there was any war in this country we would not have luxuries of watching our favorite team play.

God bless the men and women of the armed forces. Come home safely, and god speed.

FinFan84
09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I live in NY, and rememer that day vividly, lost a freind in their. This country seems to have forgotten all to easy about that tradegy of that day. God Bless AMERICA.

MiamiPride
09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I was in my first season as the head coach of a small private school, I was also taking a couple of chemistry classes with my brother's fiance to help her out. We were up a little early to leave for class when my father called me to turn on the tv. I saw the smoking building, I admit I didn't know what to think, then I saw the second tower as it was struck by hate. My heart sank lower than it ever had, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We went to class which was shortly cancelled and the school shut down for the day. We hugged a few classmates and said a prayer.....I only remember one other thing from that day, standing infront of all my players taking a knee in full uniform with confused looks on thier faces and explained what had happened. We wore a flag on our helmets and hats the rest of that year, the flag never meant so much to me untill after that day. God bless the NYPD, EMTs, the 343, and all the others that risked and lost thier lives trying to save strangers. Never forget what happened and why on that day, but more importantly never forget how this nation banded together after that.

NY8123
09-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I also remember the very next day and the sense or pride and unity I felt in our country. One of my neighbors painted his entire garage Red, White and Blue (a decision I am sure he regretted later but still cool) and every night I drove past that place I thought about it. If everyone held just a slice of that feeling everyday this country will never falter.

dolfan94
09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I was in 3rd grade, in South America, and people just randomly started leaving school. I didnt know what was going on, and then I found out. I didnt really take it too seriously since I didnt even know what the World Trade Center was.

PassRush
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
I was a freshmen in High school, and as I was walking into fourth period Algebra, I noticed the usualy strict teacher sitting at her desk with her head in her hands. I saw the TV, front and center of the class room, and one of the twin towers with smoke billowing out, and the brutal close ups of people jumping. That day was a crucial day in my, and every American life. It was the day that I gave up my dream of being a career pizza delivery driver, and decided that I would devote my life to the defense of this great Nation.

Seven years later I am in the US Navy, and worked with the elite Sailors and Marines of EOD Mobile Unit 8 in Afghanistan. In January I will have my 90 credit hours and I will begin earning my commision in the United States Army. This day has been extremely hard on me for personal/command reasons, but as I read this thread I realise what this day is, and what this day now means, and I remember why I signed up. No matter who you are, who you vote for or weather you support the troops or not; never forgot the innocent people who died seven years ago, and the brave men and women who ran into that building and never came out.

ghostface95
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I had just lost my job on September 10th (due to downsizing THANKS BUSH) so I crashed over my friend's the night before. That morning I rode shotgun with him as he drove to his car dealership to get his car maintainanced and serviced. We're listening to RUSS PAR RADIO SHOW (DC STATION) and there was one of his correspondents broadcasting live in NYC and she got on the radio eerily weeping and sobbing saying OMG I can't believe it RUSS one of the Twin Towers is on fire. Me and my boy thought it was some sick joke, and then she screamed OMG NO NO NO NOW I JUST SAW A PLANE CRASH INTO THE SECOND TOWER. MOMENTS LATER SHE SHRIEKS OMG THE SECOND TOWER HAS JUST COLLAPSED ALONG WITH THE FIRST. My boy did like 100mph to the dealership fighting through traffic. We finally arrive at the spot and immediately we run inside and tell the salesmen/servicemen TO TURN ON THE T.V. and they're looking at us like we've lost our minds. So finally they turn the T.V. on and we're just awestruck you had to pick our mouths up off the floor from the shock. AROUND 10AM that morning they interrupted for a special news bulletin and reported that a plane has crashed into the PENTAGON (MY FATHER JUST RETIRED FROM THERE THIS PAST JANUARY). I WENT APESH*T. I called my mother panicked and paranoid like my dad is in there I don't know what to think. I called my father frantic for the remainder of the day, the day of the 12th and 13th. Finally on the 14th I get in contact with him it turns out he stayed onsite at the Pentagon helping to look for bodies of his co-workers. 9/11/2001 IS A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET FOR THE REST OF MY YEARS HERE REAL TALK!!!! THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THOSE WHO LOST FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON THAT HORRIFIC DAY!!!

Lappy
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I was on a fishing trip and staying on this beautiful river that lead into a lake in a remote area in Northwestern Ontario. We were going fishing so I was up early and I took a picture of the sunrise over the water of the river and lake.

We hopped into my truck and headed over to wear we had our boats, and we heard the news.......we were all silent. Then my friend says to me.....isn't this odd.....God gave us the most beautiful morning and took it away from so many others.

It didn't feel right to fish that day so we drove home to be with our families.

I'm Canadian and maybe to you Americans you feel like you were all alone that day, you weren't....... 30 million to the North were weeping with you.

I still have that picture it hangs in my office at home. I look at it every day and every day I think of what my friend said. For a fishing hick in Northwestern Ontario no one couldn't have been more elegant.

CaliSDFin
09-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in the Marines at the time on the west coast, so by the time I got up to go to work the planes had already hit. I remember walking out from my room and everyone was running around yelling "F yea boys get ready we are heading to war!". You have to love Marines and if you ever knew one you would know that is a common response.

It was a rough year in the military, (not sleeping for several days and freezing in the cold for hours on end) but I would do it all over again if I had too.

joeharley666
09-13-2008, 07:25 AM
It's something that I will live with for the rest of my life because I was unfortunately there witnessing it first hand because I was there on business in lower Manhatten, witnessed the second plane hit. I still have respiratory problems due to all that **** I inhaled that day trying to out-run that collapse.

The one thing that still haunts me to this day is watching people jump to their death. I still can't get that sickness out of my system. You wake up one morning to go to work then all of a sudden you are amking a decision wether you should burn or jump. I hate that day.

cwsox
09-15-2008, 12:59 AM
You want to remember - as a Christian we have a tradition of remembering those who have gone before us: this link his pictures, personal information, and makes it all very real who was lost that day and who we need to remember. Clicking on each person's name gives a bio and remembrance from family and friends for each person.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memor...name/index.html (http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/lists/by-name/index.html)