PDA

View Full Version : Palin's town used to bill victims for rape kits

BAMAPHIN 22
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
In 2000, Alaska lawmakers learned that rural police agencies had been billing rape victims or their insurance companies $500 to $1,200 for the costs of the forensic medical examinations used to gather evidence. They quickly passed a law prohibiting the practice.

According to the sponsor, Democrat Eric Croft, the law was aimed in part at Wasilla, where now-Gov. Sarah Palin was mayor. When it was signed, Wasilla's police chief expressed displeasure.

"In the past, we've charged the cost of exams to the victims' insurance company when possible," then-chief Charlie Fannon told the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, the local newspaper. "I just don't want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-10-rape-exams_N.htm

WISfinfan13
09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
So this must mean Sarah Palin condones rape. And every rape victum must have had it coming right??

phinfan3411
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I have gone the opposite way on this character assasination. Times are tight for my wife, and I, new son, wife working part time only, and going to school, but we decided (she also hated the way Palin has been bashed) we would contribute a little to their compliance fund. It honestly feels good that even through all this their numbers keep rising, and the battleground states are all starting to turn.

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Some real nifty investigative journalism right there!

Must have had to do some real digging to get that little gem!

Way to go USA Today!

FinFatale
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I have gone the opposite way on this character assasination. Times are tight for my wife, and I, new son, wife working part time only, and going to school, but we decided (she also hated the way Palin has been bashed) we would contribute a little to their compliance fund. It honestly feels good that even through all this their numbers keep rising, and the battleground states are all starting to turn.

It's anyone's personal decision who they support, Senator McCain or Senator Obama, but sure makes me feel good to know that people still support and stand up by, even in difficult times what they feel is right.................:up:

FinFatale
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
So this must mean Sarah Palin condones rape. And every rape victum must have had it coming right??

..............butt of corpse! lol