PDA

View Full Version : the GOP PARTY?

finataxia24
09-12-2008, 02:56 PM
About one-third of the absentee ballot applications received at the Hamilton
County Board of Elections have been ruled invalid because Republican Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign printed a version of the form with an extra, unneeded box on it.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080911/NEWS0108/309110032

finataxia24
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
MISLEADING ABSENTEE BALLOTS being sent to Citizens by John McCain

Just listening to the substitute host, Lee Rayburn, on the Thom Hartmann show:

"Misleading" absentee ballot applications are being mailed out by the McCain campaign to registered Democratic voters in purple states. The return addresses are inaccurate, as well as other information. "Misleading, lying" mailers are going out in Florida and other purple states. It's a caging tactic.

Calls are coming in verifying that this is happening in small towns, as well as larger ones.

The host is trying to determine the scale of this subversion of our democracy.

Here we go again.

UPDATE: It's happening in Pennsylvania, too. The ballots have included multiple ballots, sender address is a new address while return address is from old city clerk's office... The I'm trying to type this as he says it, and it may not be clear, since I miss some. I apologize for that.

Fraud. Election fraud. Hopefully the local authorities can help, or the local Obama offices. Calling the media could help, too.

A caller: Robocalls asking if you're interested in an absentee ballot. Or, notifying the voter that the ballot will be mailed back postage paid to the National Republican Committee.

Another caller from Detroit. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida: That's where the absentee ballots are being sent to Obama voters. Add Missouri to that, per one of our commenters.

http://current.com/items/89293206_misleading_absentee_ballots_being_sent_to_citizens_by_john_mccain

ohall
09-13-2008, 01:16 AM
What is this, DEM's to say CON's are racist day?

Man you guys are desperate.

phinfan3411
09-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, good thing dems NEVER do anything like that, and good thing Obama never got into things like that.

Oh yeah, didn't he work for ACORN back in his "community organizer" days? Well they have a spotless reputation, don't they?

MDFINFAN
09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, good thing dems NEVER do anything like that, and good thing Obama never got into things like that.

Oh yeah, didn't he work for ACORN back in his "community organizer" days? Well they have a spotless reputation, don't they?

Question has Obama done anything illegal? Has any of his community organizing activities come under scrunity of any kind.. As a college kid coming out of school and to a new place, would he have known what ACORN was support to be in terms of how it's presented now? Did he not work with churches mostly? Has any of his legislation or anything he's done as a senator at the state or federal level indicated he's done anything wrong or come under investigation for any of his actions.. As far as we've seen he's been a model citizen...can you show otherwise..?

ohall
09-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Question has Obama done anything illegal? Has any of his community organizing activities come under scrunity of any kind.. As a college kid coming out of school and to a new place, would he have known what ACORN was support to be in terms of how it's presented now? Did he not work with churches mostly? Has any of his legislation or anything he's done as a senator at the state or federal level indicated he's done anything wrong or come under investigation for any of his actions.. As far as we've seen he's been a model citizen...can you show otherwise..?

I would say if what he did to buy his house isn't illegal it should be.

phinfan3411
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I have sources that show him donating to them but putting under another name, then when he was called on it, it was changed to "get out the vote". My point is ACORN is in a lot of trouble in different places, and imo what he actually did for them would surprise many people who think of "community organizer" in a different way. It certainly did to me, I did not have any idea how that worked.

Dolphan7
09-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Another hit job article. Of Course McCain had no personal knowledge of this, that is why his campaign hires local people to run his campaign in each State.

Secondly - why is the State of Ohio allowing each campaign to print it's own version of the application? That is just plain stupid. The State should have an official form like Arizona and I am sure many other states as well.

Thirdly - Why is this an issue now if the same type of form has been used in past elections?

Fourth - Why are the republicans mailing to democratic voters? Do they even have that info?

Lot's of problems with this latest hit job.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I would say if what he did to buy his house isn't illegal it should be.

What, he brought his house outright, renzel brought the adjoining lots, there's nothing illegal about that, ppl do that everyday, and I know a lot of investors who do it.. and in the end Obama brought the land from Mr. R.. that's a legit business deal...period..try to carry your case to court and let's see if you can successfully trial it to get Obama indicted on something.. Can we say a smear for political gain..that's all this is...

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 01:21 AM
I have sources that show him donating to them but putting under another name, then when he was called on it, it was changed to "get out the vote". My point is ACORN is in a lot of trouble in different places, and imo what he actually did for them would surprise many people who think of "community organizer" in a different way. It certainly did to me, I did not have any idea how that worked.

Can you clarify what you're talking about donating to who..what ACORN, Was ACORN in trouble at the time they hire Obama, and did Obama do something wrong on behalf of ACORN....please show us the something wrong he did...the man came out of college, wasn't from Chicago and got hire by ACORN as a community organizer..okay, what's wrong with that again?

You know what, I think everything you know about ACORN is from a rightwing view point..so why is media okay when their dissing Obama, but not okay when they're dissing palin..hmmm

Dr. Phin
09-14-2008, 04:07 AM

Oh, you mean churches like Rev. Wright's...Oh, that's a great f***ing background!!!:sidelol:

Oh...and his legislation??? Does he have any???

Yes, his actions...such as buying his home from felons at below-market-prices? No, that was never under scrutiny....

Associated with terroists....yeah he's a model citizen...for North Korea!!!

ohall
09-14-2008, 02:21 PM
What, he brought his house outright, renzel brought the adjoining lots, there's nothing illegal about that, ppl do that everyday, and I know a lot of investors who do it.. and in the end Obama brought the land from Mr. R.. that's a legit business deal...period..try to carry your case to court and let's see if you can successfully trial it to get Obama indicted on something.. Can we say a smear for political gain..that's all this is...

As I said it should be illegal. And if the press wasn't in the tank for Obama he would of had to leave the election from disgrace.

It's obvious what took place, there. It looks like Obama took a pay off.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
As I said it should be illegal. And if the press wasn't in the tank for Obama he would of had to leave the election from disgrace.

It's obvious what took place, there. It looks like Obama took a pay off.

you saying something should be illegal and it being illegal are 2 different things..if it was the repubs lawyers would have been over it.. so the media has nothing to do with a none story... The press in the tank, if they were, you wouldn't have known anything about the house deal period..try something new, we've been hearing the liberal press lines for 20 some years..get some new ones.. If obama took a pay off, he didn't get much for his efforts since he's footing the bill for the mortage of both properties.. find some real evidence and not just your opinion...:up:

ohall
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
you saying something should be illegal and it being illegal are 2 different things..if it was the repubs lawyers would have been over it.. so the media has nothing to do with a none story... The press in the tank, if they were, you wouldn't have known anything about the house deal period..try something new, we've been hearing the liberal press lines for 20 some years..get some new ones.. If obama took a pay off, he didn't get much for his efforts since he's footing the bill for the mortage of both properties.. find some real evidence and not just your opinion...:up:

lol I never said it wasn't.

Yes the press is in the tank for Obama. That's why they haven't looked into his past corrupt dealings in the Chicago political scene.

Hopefully the 527's will correct this real soon.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
lol I never said it wasn't.

Yes the press is in the tank for Obama. That's why they haven't looked into his past corrupt dealings in the Chicago political scene.

Hopefully the 527's will correct this real soon.

you did say it should be illegal, and I said you saying it doesn't make it so..
The repubs were all over chicago...why haven't they found anything?
You know Fox has been on the case and every right wing media group out there have been there...so come on Ohall, if there was something, we'd have known..the only thing that came of this was what you heard and you're doing a good job of completing the spin fox tried on it.. but that all you guys can do, is spin it.. If obama was given the adjacent property that would be different.

FinFatale
09-14-2008, 08:37 PM

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/election/s_584284.html

interesting article.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/election/s_584284.html

interesting article.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/fiscalconservatives-1.jpg

Just wanted to add this for favor.. :sidelol::sidelol:

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Can you clarify what you're talking about donating to who..what ACORN, Was ACORN in trouble at the time they hire Obama, and did Obama do something wrong on behalf of ACORN....please show us the something wrong he did...the man came out of college, wasn't from Chicago and got hire by ACORN as a community organizer..okay, what's wrong with that again?

You know what, I think everything you know about ACORN is from a rightwing view point..so why is media okay when their dissing Obama, but not okay when they're dissing palin..hmmm

Sorry, I lost track of all the threads I was in, FinFatale linked to a good story, thats about what I am talking about.

Your point of view seems to be, he had no charges pressed on him, so everything is hunky dory. MD there is a difference between you and I, when I see things like this going on, like the foreclosures in another thread, I really do not know if McCain is involved, but I hated the tactic, and I said it.

ACORN is just one of the ways the left uses to cheat (just like the right), but you refuse to admit it. Obama worked for them as a "community organizer", and now it appears they are working for him, and he was possibly trying to cover that up. You are right, he is not going to jail, he is too smart, but to act like he is Mr Clean......PLEASE!

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
The new one all the left, and the celebutards, are doing about Jesus being a community organizer is real good too, that won't hurt you guys at all.

ohall
09-15-2008, 01:31 AM
you did say it should be illegal, and I said you saying it doesn't make it so..
The repubs were all over chicago...why haven't they found anything?
You know Fox has been on the case and every right wing media group out there have been there...so come on Ohall, if there was something, we'd have known..the only thing that came of this was what you heard and you're doing a good job of completing the spin fox tried on it.. but that all you guys can do, is spin it.. If obama was given the adjacent property that would be different.

Fox hasn't been on anything. Hannity has been on this and he's not a reporter, he's a commentator. There is a world of difference.

No one is spinning anything. What Obama did was very suspicious, and if the main stream media wasn't in the bag for him there would be more research done on this.

If Obama was a REP they couldn't research it enough!

Look at all the BS reporting that has been going on with Palin. The main stream media kinda tipped their hand there no?

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Fox hasn't been on anything. Hannity has been on this and he's not a reporter, he's a commentator. There is a world of difference.

No one is spinning anything. What Obama did was very suspicious, and if the main stream media wasn't in the bag for him there would be more research done on this.

If Obama was a REP they couldn't research it enough!

Look at all the BS reporting that has been going on with Palin. The main stream media kinda tipped their hand there no?

All I'm saying is that if something wasn't right, do you really think the repubs who've comb all over Chicago would let it go.. just for pure politics they'd have an investigation to just to give the appearance of something illegal.. It was a good ol connection I grant you, but not illegal... I've brought property with another person before in the same mannor.. Friends will help each other out..and they were friends..

btw, hannity called himself McCains surrogate...I laughed so hard because Combes called him on it.. he try to back track, it was so funny..

FinFatale
09-17-2008, 11:53 AM
All I'm saying is that if something wasn't right, do you really think the repubs who've comb all over Chicago would let it go.. just for pure politics they'd have an investigation to just to give the appearance of something illegal.. It was a good ol connection I grant you, but not illegal... I've brought property with another person before in the same mannor.. Friends will help each other out..and they were friends..

btw, hannity called himself McCains surrogate...I laughed so hard because Combes called him on it.. he try to back track, it was so funny..

I don't find it odd that Mr. Hannity called himself that at all. He is on his show representing the Republican point of view no??? and isn't Mr. Colmes there representing the Democratic point of view????? I have listened to both their radio shows. I will have to start watching their television show and see them together. I am sure with things heating up it's exciting to see them both commentating their points of view.
I don't why you would find it surprising MD that Mr. Hannity identified himself as such.

Dolphan7
09-17-2008, 11:53 AM
:fireball:

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't find it odd that Mr. Hannity called himself that at all. He is on his show representing the Republican point of view no??? and isn't Mr. Colmes there representing the Democratic point of view????? I have listened to both their radio shows. I will have to start watching their television show and see them together. I am sure with things heating up it's exciting to see them both commentating their points of view.
I don't why you would find it surprising MD that Mr. Hannity identified himself as such.

Because a surrogate usually implies a paid person from that campaign, it's not what Hannity wanted to be thought, it was a slip, he's a commentator as Ohall pointed out.. Nothing to it, just funny..

ohall
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM

The vast majority of the media swing to the left. Nevermind in the Chicago area. Why would they investigate their guy? Someone on the right is going to have to get lucky basically and the LIB media knows this. This is a major issue and very little research has been done on this issue. It's sad.

Hopefully the 527's will correct this very soon.