PDA

View Full Version : Palin never in Iraq, campaign now says

MDFINFAN
09-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Initially we were told Palin did this and did that, like visit troops in Iraq and now the clean up campaign.. Now the vetting is starting to take place..I still don't know her, so here's a piece of the puzzle.

Palin never in Iraq, campaign now says

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/13/palin.iraq/index.html

This is why it's better to inspect the product before you buy and defend it..

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 12:09 AM
I could be wrong, but when exactly did Palin say she was in Iraq? I never heard that, as far as I knew she went to Kuwait. I, again really do not get this at all.

Would it be better if she had crossed the border, and went into Iraq? Would that make the press, or the left like her more?

I could care less about the press, and neither does most of the country, there are signs all over.

Dolphan7
09-14-2008, 12:11 AM
I was under the impression that she visited Kuwait, or Jibouti or some country on the Arabian Pininsula. I was never under the impression she visited Iraq.

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 12:24 AM
MD, are you in a panic? I have been reading lately many Democrats are upset with Obama about spoiling a sure thing to get the WH back. Now, I know this can't be true because you were just telling us how you knew Obama would be a great president based on the way he ran his great campaign.

Here is one of the articles, i'm trying to find the really funny one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2909844/Barack-Obama-under-fire-for-ignoring-advice-on-how-to-beat-John-McCain.html

There is still seven weeks left, it is not over, don't reach like many others have.

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Here is the other one, needless to say I think a Obama backer of your magnitude would have more pressing issues than whether Palin was ever in a certain country or not.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c2f69ce-8031-11dd-99a9-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

Dolphan7
09-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Ouch! That will leave a mark. The article I mean.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I could be wrong, but when exactly did Palin say she was in Iraq? I never heard that, as far as I knew she went to Kuwait. I, again really do not get this at all.

Would it be better if she had crossed the border, and went into Iraq? Would that make the press, or the left like her more?

I could care less about the press, and neither does most of the country, there are signs all over.

you've got to keep up p3411, I'm trying to help you out here..:sidelol:
This was a part of the introduction of Palin by the McCain camp...remember these headlines.

http://www.care2.com/news/member/605883445/864013

Foxnews site had it on their site, but since this has come out they've taken it down.. they used it to show that she visited sick troops in Iraq when obama wouldn't in Germany...doesn't that sound like fox...??:up:

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 12:54 AM
MD, are you in a panic? I have been reading lately many Democrats are upset with Obama about spoiling a sure thing to get the WH back. Now, I know this can't be true because you were just telling us how you knew Obama would be a great president based on the way he ran his great campaign.

Here is one of the articles, i'm trying to find the really funny one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2909844/Barack-Obama-under-fire-for-ignoring-advice-on-how-to-beat-John-McCain.html

There is still seven weeks left, it is not over, don't reach like many others have.

P3411, I'm not in a panic at all, this is the first piece of vetting info, along with her interview, we're just getting to know Palin, as I wrote before, none of us know her, so to bash her or defend her didn't make sense since we didn't know her...so as I always try to do, I'm posting what seem to be the truth.. I don't know what your link has to do with the McCain's camp saying she visited Iraq when she didn't.. Now if we find that all the claims by them are less than honest and you still want to go with her that's your choice...I'm just trying to get the facts on all these ppl as they will be the leaders of my country and that matters to me..I've shared what I've found.. I think this is my first thread on her...actually I pay more attention to the presidential nominee than the vice...you guys are voting for a vp, I'm voting for the president...

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 12:58 AM
you've got to keep up p3411, I'm trying to help you out here..:sidelol:
This was a part of the introduction of Palin by the McCain camp...remember these headlines.

http://www.care2.com/news/member/605883445/864013

Foxnews site had it on their site, but since this has come out they've taken it down.. they used it to show that she visited sick troops in Iraq when obama wouldn't in Germany...doesn't that sound like fox...??:up:

I'm pretty sure I have told you I do not watch fox news, and in this thread I said I could care less what the press says.

I will help you out, if she said this, and it is wrong then I have a problem, would not be the first time. What the press says means less than nothing to me, they have fallen to new lows.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty sure I have told you I do not watch fox news, and in this thread I said I could care less what the press says.

I will help you out, if she said this, and it is wrong then I have a problem, would not be the first time. What the press says means less than nothing to me, they have fallen to new lows.

I'm sorry, I forgot you don't watch fox..it's not what the press says, this is a retrack from the McCain's camp...they put it out, and now they're taking it back...so the media's not involved in this one.. the media is only reporting what the McCain's camp is putting out..

Don''t be so cynical p3411, you know we can check the media's story with a quick google and factcheck... I do it all the time.. The media is not always wrong.. Think about who put that out there and why.. it's a ploy...

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 01:07 AM
P3411, I'm not in a panic at all, this is the first piece of vetting info, along with her interview, we're just getting to know Palin, as I wrote before, none of us know her, so to bash her or defend her didn't make sense since we didn't know her...so as I always try to do, I'm posting what seem to be the truth.. I don't know what your link has to do with the McCain's camp saying she visited Iraq when she didn't.. Now if we find that all the claims by them are less than honest and you still want to go with her that's your choice...I'm just trying to get the facts on all these ppl as they will be the leaders of my country and that matters to me..I've shared what I've found.. I think this is my first thread on her...actually I pay more attention to the presidential nominee than the vice...you guys are voting for a vp, I'm voting for the president...

MD, what is a "CONSERVATIVE" estimate on your part as far as actual numbers of lawyers, reporters campaign workers etc bought, and paid for by Obama, the DNC, and news organizations on the ground looking for any dirt they can find on Palin for the last two plus weeks? In my estimate ~100? I am not sure that something big won't come out, but imo, that is the dems ONLY hope. What they have found so far is small, what they have made up is disgusting, were in the home stretch, the clock is ticking down....

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 01:12 AM
MD, what is a "CONSERVATIVE" estimate on your part as far as actual numbers of lawyers, reporters campaign workers etc bought, and paid for by Obama, the DNC, and news organizations on the ground looking for any dirt they can find on Palin for the last two plus weeks? In my estimate ~100? I am not sure that something big won't come out, but imo, that is the dems ONLY hope. What they have found so far is small, what they have made up is disgusting, were in the home stretch, the clock is ticking down....

I don't know, I wasn't paying that much attention to Palin, but I'm sure a lot of ppl were there...Now did you feel this way about all the same from the RNC and far being in chicago putting together a 1000 page factfinder on Obama? fairs fairs P4311...I don't rememer you arguring about that when it came out..and I don't remember you fighting for Obama when he was going thru his smear campaign and still going thru.. so be honest, is it because you're for the repubs or do you really care about fair and balance?

phinfan3411
09-14-2008, 01:20 AM
I have said before, I hate to have to doubt everything I read, or hear. I would also be lying if I said the inaccuracies about Obama bothered me as much as the inaccuracies about Palin. It goes both ways without a doubt.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 01:31 AM
I have said before, I hate to have to doubt everything I read, or hear. I would also be lying if I said the inaccuracies about Obama bothered me as much as the inaccuracies about Palin. It goes both ways without a doubt.

Okay, I accept that, but I've also read where you said you like to read or hear bad things about Obama, which makes me think you're incline to believe them.. I'm trying to learn who Palin is, I do want to know who could be the next vp if we're so unfortunate.. I know of 2 things, her interview and this to start gaging her on.. I know the she's the govenor of AK, which my wife lived for 6 years and I know the politics there.. It's not enough to gage her on..

Dolphan7
09-14-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't know, I wasn't paying that much attention to Palin, but I'm sure a lot of ppl were there...Now did you feel this way about all the same from the RNC and far being in chicago putting together a 1000 page factfinder on Obama? fairs fairs P4311...I don't rememer you arguring about that when it came out..and I don't remember you fighting for Obama when he was going thru his smear campaign and still going thru.. so be honest, is it because you're for the repubs or do you really care about fair and balance?No MD, I remember when all these accusations came out about Obama. And you were in here fervently dissecting each and every story, most of which were proved to be small or nothing. Yet I remember you complaining about how petty the accusations were.

Yet here you are doing the exact same thing, and saying well....fair is fair.

And you have become the exact same thing that you seek to distance yourself from.

Eshlemon
09-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Campaign aides say stupid and wrong stuff all the time.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if on her refueling trip in Ireland Palin saw the walls in Belfast...the ones Obama 'lied' about having come down in his Berlin speech.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
No MD, I remember when all these accusations came out about Obama. And you were in here fervently dissecting each and every story, most of which were proved to be small or nothing. Yet I remember you complaining about how petty the accusations were.

Yet here you are doing the exact same thing, and saying well....fair is fair.

And you have become the exact same thing that you seek to distance yourself from.

Difference is, I wasn't attacking palin, ppl were attacking Obama and I was just correcting the wrong..and again the ppl who thanked you for this post didn't try to correct the wrong then, but ate it up as truth.. Now we're getting the vetting info on Palin and again I'm correcting the lie..see the difference, if I find that info on Palin is false I'll acknowledge that too..:up:

Dolphan7
09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Difference is, I wasn't attacking palin, ppl were attacking Obama and I was just correcting the wrong..and again the ppl who thanked you for this post didn't try to correct the wrong then, but ate it up as truth.. Now we're getting the vetting info on Palin and again I'm correcting the lie..see the difference, if I find that info on Palin is false I'll acknowledge that too..:up:The difference?

You started a thread about a false story about Palin, which had every intention of discrediting someone, not being a standard bearer of truth as you claim.

This thread is a hit job!