PDA

View Full Version : Jests vs Cheatriots - A Fins Fan's Conundrum

Vaark
09-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Love to see both teams lose but since they can't:

On 1-hand, would like to see NE go down from a Karma standpoint as well as that I can't help believing they'll eventually get their sea legs and adjust to Casel. It would be nice to see that 19-0 BS taken right off the table in a humbling manner. I'm more than okay with any and all adversity that befalls them this year.

BUT
On the other hand, who could really root for the Jests, especially with all the media slobbering over The Drama Queen even more so now with his hail mary TD that most decent D-backs would have knocked-down?? Hate to see them start the season 2-0 although IMO even this modicum of success will be short-lived. And then there's all their Ahole fans who've we've had to put up with (although the Cheaties' fans aren't much better). And then there's the inside information, what's his face(forgot his name) got when Sparano mistakenly allowed him to observe our practices. Of course if they win, it's another week of Favre-adoration 24/7 and a possible resurrection of a coach with a losing record being called "genius." No thanks to that too.

Either way, one of these detestable conference foes will start the season 2-0. Having to root for either is like having to choose between hanging and a firing squad as your form of capitol punishment!

I'm wrestling with this, but if my arm's twisted, I'd prefer to see the Jests, only because of the way Belicheat went about punishing the league last season for having the audacity to sanction him for gaining his cheating edge...not to mention the Clemens/Bonds like aura now surrounding most of their "accomplishments."

But this is a toughie for me; I'm rationalizing this as a stronger sentiment for the Cheatriots to lose more so than for the Jests to win it.

Wondering how others might be looking at this game?

Rhody Phins Fan
09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope the Patriots win because I hate the Jets but I hope that Cassel plays really terrible and almost costs them the game.

MiZFiT
09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
i would like for both teams to lose.. but i would rather see the patriots win.. they can win this game then lose after.. i DO NOT want another 7 days of nothing but BRETT FAVRE..

Elliott316
09-14-2008, 10:03 AM
I'll be pulling for the Pats....so WE can take them down next week!

Phinsfan210
09-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I would like to see the Pats lose. I hate both teams, but Im just so sick of the patriots winning this division.

Dolphins7273
09-14-2008, 10:17 AM
If only they could both lose...

PhinsPhan122
09-14-2008, 10:18 AM
trust me on this one, never allow yourself to root for a rival, unless the game means you could make the playoffs or something. In this case, don't root for anyone. Just make fun of whoever loses.

AXAFinFan
09-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Can't say I'll be routing for either team.

I hate the Jets but hate the Pats a little more.

So I guess :foundout:the Jets:boohoo:

Itsdahumidity
09-14-2008, 10:35 AM
What? No one wishing for a tie? That would be the perfect solution because it could hurt both teams in the W column as far as tie breakers at season's end.

Dolfan4life!
09-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Rooting for either is disgusting to even fathom, but looking at it from a standpoint of who I would most like to see lose, I would have to pick the Jests. Only because I cannot stand to see a below average team get all of the hype that the Jests are getting. If they were to win today, that hype would certainly somehow be magnified. We're stuck hearing about the heroic exploits of Favre 24/7 as it is, I can't imagine how he would be portrayed should the Jests beat the almighty (in the eyes of the media) Cheatriots...

Dfan06
09-14-2008, 10:39 AM
I hope the pats win! the jets get the chargers and cards next.(I would love for them to be 1-3). If we beat the cards and pats next week(2-1 before the bye) and the pats will be (2-1) before the bye.

pmdiaz23
09-14-2008, 10:43 AM
I hope the Patriots win because I hate the Jets but I hope that Cassel plays really terrible and almost costs them the game.

:up:

Dtronic
09-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Really sick of Brett Farve and Brady is already out for the year so GO PATS! (until the next week after when we face them)

Dredd1050
09-14-2008, 10:49 AM
EDIT: Bah, maybe the stadium will implode.
Kidding of course.

Phin-Omenon
09-14-2008, 10:54 AM

You beat me too it man! I want the Dolphins to be the one to knock them out! Jets win 9-6 and the Dolphins get the Patriots next week. We are the last team to beat them in the regular season!

And the Farve parade goes on for another week.

Roman529
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I hate both teams....but I want to get that 16-0 talk taken care of right away....I think they have won 21 straight regular season games so a big L would be nice.

A really horrible 3-2 win by the Jets would be nice. :lol:

WVDolphan
09-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Exactly. And Vaark thrawted my plans of starting a rooting for the cheatriots thread. :lol:

We have to root for the cheatriots because we have a chance to play them and beat them ourselves next week. Hopefully we can get to 2-1.

The Jests on the other hand have already beaten us heads up so we need them to lose a divisional game already. We still have 2 left with the Cheatriots and only 1 with the Jests.

If the Cheatriots had Brady then we would probably be wanting the Jests to win because you would expect it would be tough to see Cheatriots losses. Well on second though, if the cheatriots still had Brady, the division wouldnt be wide open and this would all be moot.

MarinoForPres
09-14-2008, 11:06 AM
im going jets for this one just because i want them to lose as soon as they can so theres no more of this bull**** talk about 19-0 if they win 5 or so im tired of it and than the jets can lose every game from here on out.

jazz
09-14-2008, 11:18 AM
i'll be rooting for the pats as someone else will take care of them this year. any confidence the jets have gained has to be crushed immediately.

Clown Car
09-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't care who wins or loses, but I sure do hope Brett Favre throws four interceptions. Maybe they'll shut up about him for five minutes.

kud
09-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Best case scenerio, both QBs suck and Pats win. That way we wont have to hear about Favre or Cassell all week.

GoonBoss
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I'll take the Pats over the Jets any day and twice tomorrow.

JC
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM
how about a tie?!

dolfan_uk
09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Go Favre. There I said it.

Patriots must be Punished!

We can get revenge on the Jets

JC
09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Best case scenerio, both QBs suck and Pats win. That way we wont have to hear about Favre or Cassell all week.

no all they would say is "what will both quarterbacks do next week"

and then you will hear every analyst talk about cassel's second start, being against miami, and how we are weak and will be all season.

go_fins
09-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I hope the refs rape the jets, that would be so satisfying:hi5:

MichaelBusiness
09-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice post.

I have had this debate too.

I think Jets are more of a threatening team at this point, so I would rather the Cheaters to win.

Just to make things clear, **** THE PATRIOTS. But beat the Jets, please.

kud
09-14-2008, 11:46 AM
no all they would say is "what will both quarterbacks do next week"

and then you will hear every analyst talk about cassel's second start, being against miami, and how we are weak and will be all season.

You're probably right, I doubt anything can stop the man crush espn has on the Patsies and Brett Favre, but at least I can laugh at them while they try and muster excuses for their golden boys.

Canadi-Phin
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I thin I'd rather the Jets, only because I'm so tired of hearing of incredibly smart and the best coach the Bellicheat is. God we've had to hear about this for years now. I hope they lose constantly this year. Then we will see that he isn't that great. Plus it makes his Defense one year older next year. They will suck even worse.

phinphan4life
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM

On 1-hand, would like to see NE go down from a Karma standpoint as well as that I can't help believing they'll eventually get their sea legs and adjust to Casel. It would be nice to see that 19-0 BS taken right off the table in a humbling manner. I'm more than okay with any and all adversity that befalls them this year.

BUT
On the other hand, who could really root for the Jests, especially with all the media slobbering over The Drama Queen even more so now with his hail mary TD that most decent D-backs would have knocked-down?? Hate to see them start the season 2-0 although IMO even this modicum of success will be short-lived. And then there's all their Ahole fans who've we've had to put up with (although the Cheaties' fans aren't much better). And then there's the inside information, what's his face(forgot his name) got when Sparano mistakenly allowed him to observe our practices. Of course if they win, it's another week of Favre-adoration 24/7 and a possible resurrection of a coach with a losing record being called "genius." No thanks to that too.

Either way, one of these detestable conference foes will start the season 2-0. Having to root for either is like having to choose between hanging and a firing squad as your form of capitol punishment!

I'm wrestling with this, but if my arm's twisted, I'd prefer to see the Jests, only because of the way Belicheat went about punishing the league last season for having the audacity to sanction him for gaining his cheating edge...not to mention the Clemens/Bonds like aura now surrounding most of their "accomplishments."

But this is a toughie for me; I'm rationalizing this as a stronger sentiment for the Cheatriots to lose more so than for the Jests to win it.

Vaark, I echo your sentiments almost verbatim. Both teams make me wanna :nutkick:. But if I absolutely had to choose, I'd go with the Yets this week. If for no other reason than to end NE's ridiculous regular season win streak.

DolfanAdam
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I was wondering the same thing today. I'm gonna have to go with the Jets on this one, I hate them both, but I hate the Cheats just a tiny ammount more I think.

Dolphins3
09-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I'd rather see the jets win than the Patriots.:( Actually, I hope for a 0-0 tie.

WVDolphan
09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Bottom line is if you believe in this phins team and would like the most advantagous thing to happen for us making a run at a 9 or 10 win season and a possible playoff spot.......you root for the cheatriots today.

shula_guy
09-14-2008, 12:36 PM
i hope they tie

KevInMotion
09-14-2008, 01:16 PM
we need the pats to win, Jet's can't start the season 2-0 in our conference!! That would be really deflating and would give the jets a jump start that I don't want them to have.
We beat the Pats and we're all on an even level in the conference.

I hate the Jets and the fact they have Bret makes it worse. I don't want them to get rolling. I think the fact Brady is out really shakes up the East.

Let's go fins!

BleedinGreenNC
09-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Go Favre. There I said it.

Patriots must be Punished!

We can get revenge on the Jets

LOL!! Right!:sidelol:

chibully
09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm just hoping everyone goes out there and has fun.

miamichael2
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Bottom line is if you believe in this phins team and would like the most advantagous thing to happen for us making a run at a 9 or 10 win season and a possible playoff spot.......you root for the cheatriots today.
Lol.

TomBradyWoot
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe you guys should worry about the Dolphins trying to stay within 21 of Arizona instead of what the Patriots are doing :up:

chibully
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Someone's going to win on thursday, so who would you rather see win? I guess the I'd go for the patriots if I had to choose.

I do like Brett favre, but I'm kinda getting sick of him, but most of that has to do with the fact that he is playing for a team that I don't really like.

miaD5499
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Maybe you guys should worry about the Dolphins trying to stay within 21 of Arizona instead of what the Patriots are doing :up:

or maybe you should worry about staying within 25 of us in 2 weeks........but for real its easy for me to pick this game im hoping NE comes out on top against the jets to set up the big game for the pats and fins the following week, if we win we'll be in first place and that will be unreal

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Realistically if we can win all the games that we should win, which would include sweeping the bills this year. It comes down to a couple of questions. Will the Jets be able to beat go on the road and beat the titans? Can NE handle a home game loss to pittsburg. Can the Dolphins either split with the jets this year or sweep the pats? Those are the type things that need to happen in order for us to win our division. Can I wait till week 17 to answer this question?

SpurzN703
11-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't care who wins or loses, either way the Dolphins benefit from it.

WVDolphan
11-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Root for a bunch of season ending injuries to key players on both teams.

kilgore Trout
11-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Root for a bunch of season ending injuries to key players on both teams.
Wow, another classy dolphin fan. :rolleyes:

ADavieDolphin
11-13-2008, 05:12 AM
what about a tie, then it's only a half game for each

shula_guy
11-13-2008, 07:33 AM
I dont know which team im rooting against more. I do know which player I am rooting against.I hope wes welker has a meltdown. I am more tired of hearing the media sing his praises even more then favre's.

I don't wish harm on the guy. I would not mind seeing him cough the ball up, get picked off, drop some passes, not convrrt on a 3rd down because he fell a little short of his mark. He is overdue to have a couple bad games.

Wildbill3
11-13-2008, 10:17 AM

BUT

OMG best sig paper ever! the hookers part was great lol. :lol: