PDA

View Full Version : Spend some money

acmeanvil49
09-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I think between Cam Cameron last year and Bill Parcells this year they have destroyed this franchise.

They have torn it down not rebuilt, I just don't see enough talent on the field compared to our opponents.

Miami is a bottom tier NFL franchise.

They have cut too much talent and not signed enough to replace them.

How does Miami not have a starting caliber wide reciever?

How is Kurt Warner burning the Dolphins with 75 yard bombs twice in the 1st quarter?

I don;t care about getting younger and cheaper, other teams are spending the money and getting competitive.

Spend the money and get the talent here, obviously we don't have enough.

I feel like I should be wearing a sack over my head at home.

I'd take Zach, JT, Kevin Carter on defense and Welker, Chambers and Marty Booker on offense in a heartbeat.

I really was optomistic about this season........I'm not anymore.

4 wins tops in 2008, we are now playing for another top pick.

RocKStaR
09-14-2008, 05:04 PM
i agree bro.. Well put. We absolutely have no chance in this league until we step up in the free agency. I will say it again the worst 2 back to back draft picks in nfl history. Jake Long is whatever. Im sure he will be good but we needed a playmaker not a line man. U can get a line man anywhere but a playmaker is hard to find. We SUCK We SUCK We SucK..

Imperium
09-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I think Parcell's and company are doing it right, solidify the lines first then add the skill players.

Let's face it, we need a lot of players and we cant do it just through free agency.

mia4ever
09-14-2008, 05:16 PM
oh boy

CASSINO
09-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I am sick this sux

ThatGuyTy86
09-14-2008, 05:21 PM
hate to say it, but we have to suffer through 2 or 3 more painful seasons of crap before we can even consider being competitive. It's pathetic and I hate it more than anything, but there is no way we are going to be anything worth noting with off-seasons like this summer and so on.

TrinidadDolfan
09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I think between Cam Cameron last year and Bill Parcells this year they have destroyed this franchise.They have torn it down not rebuilt, I just don't see enough talent on the field compared to our opponents.iami is a bottom tier NFL franchise.

How is Kurt Warner burning the Dolphins with 75 yard bombs twice in the 1st quarter?

I don;t care about getting younger and cheaper, other teams are spending the money and getting competitive.

I'd take Zach, JT, Kevin Carter on defense and Welker, Chambers and Marty Booker on offense in a heartbeat.

lighten up Francis

acmeanvil49
09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I would love to lighten up but it's almost halftime and a 40-year old QB threw for 200 yards in the first quarter on the Dolphins and our offense has 45 yards rushing and 45 yards recieving.

We look worse than last year right now.

Look at just our division alone, the Jets got better, the Bills got better, even the Pats got better, without Brady they still are competitive and a top tier team.

nephinsfan
09-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I think between Cam Cameron last year and Bill Parcells this year they have destroyed this franchise.

They have torn it down not rebuilt, I just don't see enough talent on the field compared to our opponents.

4 wins? being a little generous arent you?

Lorenzo Rules
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I am sick this sux

I think even Sage 'is a better qb then pennington. i hat to say it but our draft picks are not good picks at all and our front office is blame for it . think about this , if parcells leaves the nfl with dolphins in this mess he will be remmebered ina bad light by many.

I tried to point it our that our wr is a disgrace hello I would take rb tatum Bell over ricky williams now . Sparano is a cam clone and he is making bad decisions too.
we could of had 5 playmakers on both sides of the b all but oh noooo we had to get basement bargin players who are playing worse then that.

PENNDOLPHAN
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Bill Parcells>Who ever the hell you are.

Bill Parcells has done this before and he knows what hes doing.

DolfanChris06
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
cardinals a good team give them some credit

nephinsfan
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM
cardinals a good team give them some credit

Keep telling yourself that chief.

cheyannefan
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
i agree bro.. Well put. We absolutely have no chance in this league until we step up in the free agency. I will say it again the worst 2 back to back draft picks in nfl history. Jake Long is whatever. Im sure he will be good but we needed a playmaker not a line man. U can get a line man anywhere but a playmaker is hard to find. We SUCK We SUCK We SucK..
I was preaching that before the draft, but no one wanted to listen. If you're picking in the top 10, you need play makers. Unfortuneately, who else would you have picked? Matt Ryan? I'm not sure.

Phanatical
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Dolphins don't have much talent right now, but they have already won two games which makes them better than last year.

GO PHINS~!

Clipse
09-14-2008, 08:23 PM
VIP Membership here I come

SeanTeezee26
09-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I would love to lighten up but it's almost halftime and a 40-year old QB threw for 200 yards in the first quarter on the Dolphins and our offense has 45 yards rushing and 45 yards recieving.

We look worse than last year right now.

Look at just our division alone, the Jets got better, the Bills got better, even the Pats got better, without Brady they still are competitive and a top tier team.

How can you possibly get better when you lose a QB the caliber of Brady. Hate all you want, there's no way they got better

acmeanvil49
09-15-2008, 07:16 AM
How can you possibly get better when you lose a QB the caliber of Brady. Hate all you want, there's no way they got better

They won didn't they?

"Hate all you want" ???

Says the guy who has an avatar of our starting running back with a bong in his hand.

Seriously?

Clipse
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
They won didn't they?

"Hate all you want" ???

Says the guy who has an avatar of our starting running back with a bong in his hand.

Seriously?
They beat the jet's. The jet's suck and are very overrated. They barely beat us and we're on the road to a top 3 pick. Besides, they're kicker won that game for them.

rasten79
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM

I agree 100%! I would also like to add that the only reason Sparano got the head coaching job is so he can be Bill Parcells's puppet! If the team does bad Parcells will not take any blame, if they do good he will take all the credit. Sparano is there so that Parcells doesn't have to take any blame if they do bad! That's the only reason he is not coaching. He is a sore loser and a quitter!

hellsapoppin
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
We are What We are, and right now we aren't very good at all. Watching these games are really tough. You wait all week hoping that our team will have a decent game and maybe just maybe get a win. We have to listen to all the crap about how the Dolphins stink every week by everyone and then we prove them right. Its going to be a very long season and all we can do is watch. Yesterday it looked like a high school team playing out there such a downer.

WISfinfan13
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Guys did you really come into this season thinking we were gunna win alot of games?? Come on we were 1-15 and our team got completely gutted...This thread is terrible..

Rich
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
The topic is a bit simplistic. Although we are $15 million under the cap, there were not a lot of good free agent WR available. Why do you think we grabbed Wilford? (in hindsight, he is a bust)

We could use a new #1 WR and a #1 Corner, though. Some backup o-linemen would be nice. I still think that Tala Esera (who just signed a 3 year deal with indy), is better than all of our backup o-linemen.

cowboy82nd
09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
He is a sore loser and a quitter!

Wow! That's pretty harsh words to use for Bill Parcells. I still like and respect the guy.

PerfectFinz72
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Name one franchise EVER that rebuilt their team in less than one full off-season and one full NFL season. Give me one.

You can't...because it doesn't work like that.

acmeanvil49
09-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Name one franchise EVER that rebuilt their team in less than one full off-season and one full NFL season. Give me one.

You can't...because it doesn't work like that.

The Saints did when they aquired Brees and Reggie Bush, played for a conference championship.

You asked for just one, there it is.

The 2006 Saints orchestrated one of the more remarkable turnarounds in NFL history, as they were the first team to go from 3-13 to a conference title game the next season. First year coach Sean Payton, who came from Dallas as a Bill Parcells pupil, was hired for a daunting task at hand. In his first move as coach, he released almost half of the roster, most notably inconsistent QB Aaron Brooks.

The Saints were aggressive in free agency, signing former San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees, who was coming off of orthopedic surgery. Brees nearly played for the Miami Dolphins, but the team's doctors doubted whether Drew's arm could recover in time for the season. The Saints gambled on Drew's ability to recover in time for the season and signed him to a major long term contract. Then came April, and the 2006 NFL Draft.

Like the title of this thread.....spend some money.

I realize it's too late for this season the front office missed their chance in the off season.

Zandimd
09-15-2008, 02:32 PM
wow guys its only the second game of the season, i know they played awful but they are still a very young team....you have no idea how some of these young players will mature throughout this year...and i still stick by our no. 1 pick because it all starts around the offensive and defensive lines....i you guys are forgetting about the parcells strategy ..he has done this a few times before, i think he knows what he is doing

SuperMarksBros.
09-15-2008, 02:59 PM
VIP Membership here I come
agreed, this board is bordering on disturbingly bad now

acmeanvil49
09-17-2008, 12:15 AM
We should hire the genusis who turned the Saints from 3-13 to 13-3 in just one season.

dwhorton
09-17-2008, 12:19 AM
so lets take the lions approach and draft playmakers. get real

dolFAN27
09-17-2008, 12:20 AM
I miss chambers..

dwhorton
09-17-2008, 12:21 AM
these are the kind of posts you get when your team goes 3-1 in preseason and you get all the posts about playoffs.

sm0kinfins
09-17-2008, 12:57 AM
I miss chambers..

I agree... I heard his name called a number of times over the speakers at the bar while watching the Fins. I felt nauseous every time. :(

nikeair498
09-17-2008, 04:13 AM

lol god these people amaze me and the people who thank you just as much

you dont care? then go to another team.
This team is in the rebuild for the LONG HAUL not a one season semi fix to go 8-8/ Every other team that gets free agents have half their roster or more drafted by the same regime for years, and almost all their starters. We have had almost nothing of the sort, and this season is a foundation building and possibly even next to compete in 2 years for the stupid moves of the past 6 years.

Kurt warner burned us with two top recievers in the league plus a talented offense.. vs our semi crap secondary outside of will allen. plus the fact they had our linebackers lined up against their recievers for those shots. Kurt Warner is also a veteran qb who can easily be the top qb in the league with his talent or the worst cause of his age. hes a good qb and thats why he has mvp awards and led some of the most prolific offenses in nfl history.

You people need a clue.

ChuckKLINGBEIL
09-17-2008, 06:15 AM
I used to always complain that we never spent money on free agents...and to some degree its still true, were not like Dallas signing T.O. or the Giants signing Plaxico, or the Patriots trading for Randy Moss, or the Jets this year...In other words ,signing a free agent or making a trade where you noticebly see a great improvement..

Alongtime ago when JJ was the boss, Huizenga was a tight ******* and would even complain about paying players...

then later on, we would lose out on free agents because no one wanted to play for Wanny...

more recently, We shelled out cash for Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, and most recently Joey Porter..but none have made the kind of impact which your referring to..

Right now you'll have to wait for the contracts of Vets to expire before you can say weather or not Parcells will spend the cash... I dont see Ronnie Brown, Vernon Carey, matt Roth, Channing Crowder, Yeremiah Bell being resigned....and Porter, Holliday will likely be let go....

Well I think its obvious that the regime is using this year to weed through the roster..
So lets wait and see what direction he takes us in the next offseason before you decide if hes gonna spend or not....

acmeanvil49
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I used to always complain that we never spent money on free agents...and to some degree its still true, were not like Dallas signing T.O. or the Giants signing Plaxico, or the Patriots trading for Randy Moss, or the Jets this year...In other words ,signing a free agent or making a trade where you noticebly see a great improvement.

Used to?

I still am.

Dallas signing Roy Williams should continue to see great improvement by adding yet another weapon.

Cowboys add another Williams; T.O. will love this
October 14, 2008 5:38 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

On the same afternoon that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell trumped Jerry Jones' speedy internal investigation of last week's Pacman Jones incident with an indefinite suspension, the Cowboys' owner engineered a dramatic trade for Detroit Lions wide receiver Roy Williams. ESPN's Ed Werder first reported that the deal was close to being consummated, and the Cowboys have now confirmed it.
It sounds as if Jones fought hard to keep his first-round pick, but in a rare "victory" for Lions management, they finally talked him out of it. The Cowboys gave up a first-round draft choice, a third and a sixth in exchange for Williams and the Lions' seventh-round pick in 2009.

I hate the Cowboys and their arrogant fans but I have to admire Jerry Jones, he does what it takes to get the premiere players.

I guess Parcells will continue to pull the reigns back on Miami and will just wait until the 2009 draft and hope they find a gem at WR and DB. :boohoo:

etsudolfan
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I swear....I can't stand fair weather fans...we win 2 games against two of the best teams in the AFC and everyone starts talking playoffs....then we lose by 1 freakin point and everyone wants to play armchair GM

Finfang
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Used to?

I still am.

Dallas signing Roy Williams should continue to see great improvement by adding yet another weapon.

I hate the Cowboys and their arrogant fans but I have to admire Jerry Jones, he does what it takes to get the premiere players.

I guess Parcells will continue to pull the reigns back on Miami and will just wait until the 2009 draft and hope they find a gem at WR and DB. :boohoo:

Dallas didn't merely sign Roy Williams. In fact they gave up a 1st a 3rd and a 6th to get him. That would be suicide for us to give up that sort of compensation.

Some here had their expectations set way too high for this seaosn and now they are bashing on everyone down to the janitor.

It takes time to get back out of the mess that was made here.

acmeanvil49
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Your right your post does suck.

This THREAD is spot on.

It's obvious Miami is still lacking a big play WR, Dallas who is considered a top NFC team made a move and got Williams.

Miami who is cnsidered a lower tier AFC team did not.

Now the only option is to wait until the draft in 2009, that's the reality and that's far from being a fair weather fan.

it's being a realist, we must rely on our current WR's to finish the next 11 games and plan for the draft.

If Dallas signing WIlliams and he produces who cares what they gave up. If they go on to win the SB Jones is a genius while Miami hopes to pick a winner in the draft.

Draft picks may or may not pan out.

Carmillo is our most productive WR and we didn't draft him so.....so much for turning the team around through the draft theory.

That may or may not happen.

TedSlimmJr
10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I was preaching that before the draft, but no one wanted to listen. If you're picking in the top 10, you need play makers. Unfortuneately, who else would you have picked? Matt Ryan? I'm not sure.

Absolutely not...."we dont tayke too kindly to 'em err fraynchiiiiise korterbacks 'roun here"....

..."we pick 'em err big'ol runblockin' liiiineman so we'gn pass on 3rd n' 1 n' and punt on 4th n' 6 inches"....

Finfang
10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
We all knew this was going to be a transitional year. We knew the secondary would struggle, we knew the WR's were thin. That doesn't mean we have to panic and give up the farm for the first guy who comes down the pike. We have to take time with this and have faith. We will go with what we have for now and we will be better for it in the long run.

finfan3223
10-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Im sick of these posts bad mouthing the Dolphins. If you dont like them and all you do is bad mouth them then just go be a fan of another team. Yeah im sick of losing to but I would rather let Parcells have 2 more drafts like his past one and be good for years then to trade all our picks for players who will be here for a year or two.

Finfang
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Cool it and please stay on topic.

Thanks

X-Pacolypse
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Dallas didn't merely sign Roy Williams. In fact they gave up a 1st a 3rd and a 6th to get him. That would be suicide for us to give up that sort of compensation.

Some here had their expectations set way too high for this seaosn and now they are bashing on everyone down to the janitor.

It takes time to get back out of the mess that was made here.

I love optimism and looking at the glass half full, but there was a lot of unecessary talk about "12-4!!! OMG U GOTTA BELIEVE!!! PLAYOFFS here we come!!" When you set your expectations too high, you get let down very easily. I felt that this team was a six, maybe seven win team. I think that's realistic for this year. That's why I didn't go apesh*t crazy after the Houston loss. Yes, it's frustrating losing to the Texans... again. However, this is a team that's still trying to learn how to win.

The team got two huge wins by beating two of the top tier teams in the AFC, now they have to learn that they can't look past teams that they're supposed to beat. Let's be real, should the Redskins have lost to the Rams? No way. Games like this happen all the time in the NFL. Anyways, the bottom line is that when you have realistic expectations your emotions don't get too high or too low, you keep an even keel and have the proper perspective in times like these.

GoonBoss
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow. This is in the running for worst post ever. Season's not even over yet and people are pretending it is.

Jal
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Used to?

I still am.

You mean you admire Jerry Jones for squandering the upcoming draft to win now? He gave up a first-round draft choice, a third and a sixth in exchange for Williams and the Lions' seventh-round pick in 2009.

May I ask why in the world we would want to give up that much for one player? All he has to do is get injured in the next game and you set the franchise back at least another year due to the draft picks that were given up.

Jerry Jones is taking a huge gamble to win it all this year. He has a history for taking gambles (see Pac-Man Jones and Terrell Owens). We aren't in the position to do the same with this franchise.

Parcells is building this franchise the way it needs to be built - through the draft.

Finfang
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Totally agree.

Not to mention we are still 2-3 and will have a decent season. IMO getting to .500 would be a colossal leap considering the state of this franchise last season. We are already worlds better and competitve. We are a real NFL team again and I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the season. I was also disappointed by the Houston game but I'm over it now and it is time to move on.

As for going after Roy Williams. Some are freaking out but that would have been a big mistake for the price. We have patched this thing for way too damn long. It is time to buckle down take the tough road and do it the right way. Through the draft.

acmeanvil49
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
This is not the worst thread ever. it's a very valid thread.

I started it over a month ago and today it became very valid again.

I don't think any Miami Dolphin fan on this board is happy about the current WR's and Roy Williams could have helped this team.

We were way under the cap before the season started and could have signed someone to help us NOW without hurting our 2009 draft.

We may very well sign a key WR in 2009 so I guess were writinig off the 2008 season?

Why not try to win ball games in 2008 by improving our roster when a player becomes available?

Dallas does and that's why they are contenders as much as I hate to admit that and Miami is not as much as I hate it, it's apparent.

Finfang
10-14-2008, 08:05 PM

I don't think any Miami Dolphin fan on this board is happy about the current WR's and Roy Williams could have helped this team.

We were way under the cap before the season started and could have signed someone to help us NOW without hurting our 2009 draft.

We may very well sign a key WR in 2009 so I guess were writinig off the 2008 season?

Why not try to win ball games in 2008 by improving our roster when a player becomes available?

Dallas does and that's why they are contenders as much as I hate to admit that and Miami is not as much as I hate it, it's apparent.

Once again we would have had to give up heavy compensation for a patch. The Cowboys didn't just sign him. Money really didn't matter it was the draft picks. It would have been stupid as hell for the Dolphins to give up that kind of compensation for Williams. It would have been a response to a panic button that doesn't need to be pushed.

acmeanvil49
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
You mean you admire Jerry Jones for squandering the upcoming draft to win now? He gave up a first-round draft choice, a third and a sixth in exchange for Williams and the Lions' seventh-round pick in 2009.

May I ask why in the world we would want to give up that much for one player?

To win.

Jerry Jones adds player to help Dallas win. People put WAY WAY too much stock in the draft.

The draft may or may not work out to improve our roster.

A known, proven comodity like Williams would be an improvement over what Miami currently has.

We know what Williams is, we dont know who we will get in the draft.

Remember Yatil Green?

He was a drafted player and a very good college reciever.

X-Pacolypse
10-14-2008, 08:07 PM

"Very valid threads" don't get one star.

Kyndig
10-14-2008, 08:15 PM
this is surprising to me. What's even more surprising is how many people seem to agree with this thread. Check it out, last year randy mueller btw not cam cameron definitely a screwed up this team by getting rid of key defensive players and not replacing them, drafting ted ginn and his family to go with john beck, etc.

When the tuna got here there was so much to fix that it would be impossible to fix it all in one year, but the tuna knew where to start. When you build a house u start with the foundation, and on an NFL team the foundation is the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Parcells has done that. He's also drafted our qb of the future and signed a solid veteran for him to learn from . In fact, our qb position is probably in the best shape it's been in since Marino left. So let's look at what we have:

Offense:

Two excellent running backs, a solid and young offensive line, a solid and efficient veteran qb with a legit looking qb of the future learning behind him, and two solid if unspectacular tight ends. What's missing? We need at least two more receivers, one of them preferably with size and speed. However, I wouldn't have wanted to pay what Dallas paid for Roy Williams it was too much.

On defense:

D-line is very good, we could use a young nose tackle better than what we have behind ferguson, but for the most part were in good shape here. Our linebacking core has been much better than many of us thought it would be, matt Roth looks to be a beast standing up, porter looks like what we all thought we were getting and with the exception of that last play vs Houston were good in the middle too, although I wouldn't mind seeing us add another beast to this group. Our secondary is where we have the highest priority to fix on this side of the ball. We need one really good corner and probably another safety to play opposite jerimiah bell.

So really, we're only about two or three players away from being a very good team. This years team is dangerous just ask new England and san diego.

We are not only going to win 4 games this year, we are going to win 6-8 at least which is a huge improvement, a step in the right direction, will leave us in a decent situation to address our needs in the draft and free agency next year. We aren't 2-3 years away from being a playoff team, we are one more draft and free agency period away from that so hold your head up, take that bag off your head and don't miss the good things or overlook the young promise this team now has.

Jal
10-14-2008, 08:19 PM

It's not that no one here would want Roy Williams. It's the price that's the big problem.

Remember, Roy Williams wasn't a free agent - he was traded, which cost Dallas 1st, 3rd and 6th round picks. While I'm all for picking up a free agent that would improve the roster, the fact remains that there isn't one that's out there. I can almost guarantee the coaching staff have been going over available talent and are constantly looking to improve our roster.

However, we shouldn't give that much up for a player, especially when we have multiple needs on our roster (such as our defensive backs).

BTW - Dallas didn't magically become contenders because of their free agent acquisitions - most of their talent was drafted. Most consistently successful teams in the NFL have a high percentage of drafted players in their roster - not a lot of high priced free agent acquisitions.

thekidd
10-14-2008, 08:27 PM
To win.

Jerry Jones adds player to help Dallas win. People put WAY WAY too much stock in the draft.

A known, proven comodity like Williams would be an improvement over what Miami currently has.

Remember Yatil Green?

Comparing us to dallas makes absolutely no sense...they're a super bowl contender and we aren't...you make moves like that when the foundation of your team is built...you dont when your rebuilding...i dont understand how some of you people think we're a superbowl contender or something like that...i could care less that we didnt get roy bc it wouldve cost us an arm and a leg...you guys need to calm down and be realistic, we were 1-15 last year and we already have more wins..we've been competive in every game except the arizona game

zach8111
10-14-2008, 08:34 PM

this is a stupid thread. Bill parcells is building this team the RIGHT way. You dont go after the big skill position players UNTIL you get the core of your team build...THE LINES...we now have a solid line on both sides of the ball. That wins games. Then in the near future we will add skill position players and be a tough team. We are sitting really good right now for a team that is rebuilding...you cant just do it in ONE season, if you could then every team would be awesome. You guys have to remember we didnt come into this season planning on making the playoffs...WE ARE REBUILDING!!! so stop complaing about our team.

I guarentee right now if you were running this team this franchise would be worse off than the Raiders. So stop bashing the Front office because they are building the team the RIGHT WAY. Just because it isnt fast enough for you impatient "dol-fans" doesnt mean it is the wrong way.

Jal
10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
To win.

Remember Yatil Green?

Remember a majority of the players in the NFL were drafted, so for every Yatil Green, there are a number of other players that made it (remember also that there is more than 1 round in the NFL draft).

The fact is that Dallas gave up 3 draft picks - that's the potential (not saying that they would all pan out, but if you had at least one pan out, you're still good) to get 3 good players .

What Dallas is doing is paying a premium for a perceived "sure thing" by trading in potential. However, like I said in my previous post, if that "sure thing" ends up getting injured, then they've gone right back to where they started while losing the potential to get 3 players.

zach8111
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM

ya give up a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick for a guy who is injury prone. He is talented but WHY would you give up that much for a guy when you arent a championship caliber team?? We still need many talented players to be there and overpaying for 1 WR isnt worth it.

cafinfan408
10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
this is so stupid.
so so stupid.
we have no talent and a bad coach and beat the pats and chargers.
im sure if we would of beat the texans this thread would not be here.
soooo dumb.
i feel dumb for adding to it.

Dtronic
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
This is not the worst thread ever.

Yes it is.

milldog
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Keep telling yourself that chief.

Just pointing out how much you know about football, superdale!

JFoxx
10-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't even have to look at the scores to tell if we won or lost last week. Just come on here and if I see numerous threads on how we are going to the playoffs and possibly superbowl and obviously we've won. If I see how horrible managment is running the team and how we'll be lucky to win again this season, and obviously we've lost. We need to stop this. I hate us losing as much as the next phin fan, but we all need to be realistic here. We won one game last year. We've gutted a lot of the high priced players (much to the dismay of many on here). We had a decent draft (finally after a few bad ones), which are starting to pay off (OL and DL). The new FO just took over this year and already have improved this franchise without bankrupting us for overpriced f/a's. High priced F/A's are great if you are only a player or two away from winning it all. We are further than that away and this only would have bought us a couple wins (maybe close to .500) and nothing long-term to show for it in 2-3 years. Give them another year or two of steady improvement, better drafts with some skill players and we can start talking about playoffs and potential superbowls. With the exception of the Cardinals game, we've been able to win every game this year. With some experience and better skill players (via the draft) we'll be putting up W's on a consistent basis for years to come.

Dolpfan_72
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM

May I ask why in the world we would want to give up that much for one player? All he has to do is get injured in the next game and you set the franchise back at least another year due to the draft picks that were given up.

Jerry Jones is taking a huge gamble to win it all this year. He has a history for taking gambles (see Pac-Man Jones and Terrell Owens). We aren't in the position to do the same with this franchise.

Parcells is building this franchise the way it needs to be built - through the draft.

Difference is, the Cowboys have depth. They can lose a key player and someone else will step up. We don't have that luxury. We lose a key contributer and we all start running around picking up bums off the street and signing them to deals.

Where we have the advantage is that we are young and are building young depth. The Cowboys are getting older and eventually that depth will vanish . They are built to go all the way NOW. We are building to make a run a little later.

acmeanvil49
10-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Comparing us to dallas makes absolutely no sense...they're a super bowl contender and we aren't

Ex-FREAKIN-actly....that is my point.

They do the things that made them a top tier team.

All anyone on this board thinks of is value, more specifically draft value.

Lets look at the 2008 draft to further PROVE my point.

It was a concensus that the Kansas City Chiefs had the best draft of all 32 teams.

05 May 2008
2008 NFL Draft Grades

Winners:
Kansas City Chiefs: (A+) Glenn Dorsey, Branden Albert, Brandon Flowers, Jamaal Charles, Brad Cottam, DaJuan Morgan, William Franklin, Brandon Carry, Barry Richardson, Kevin Robinson, Brian Johnston, Mike Merritt

In terms of just the draft, they easily had the best one.
If you consider the fact that they had to give up Jared Allen for a lot of the picks, not so much. But they still had the best draft. Getting the 2nd best defensive prospect (in my opinion), Glenn Dorsey, with the 5th pick is huge. They still addressed their offensive line issues with Branden Albert, easily the top guard in this draft class. They also drafted Barry Richardson from Clemson, great value for a 6th round pick. Cottam was a good pick in the 3rd, maybe a slight reach, but hes still the best blocking tight end in the draft. DaJuan Morgan, arguably the 2nd best overall free safety in this draft, was a good value pick in the 3rd. Brandon Flowers was another good pick at the top of the 2nd, because of some teams valued Flowers as the #1 cornerback. The combine changed that, but the potential is still there.

The draft and addressing a teams needs for the (1-4) Chiefs equals one win so far.

Assuming the Dolphins address their needs in 2009 will it equal more wins?

Who knows.

Addressing a dire need in 2008 for a team that could benifit from a WR could equal wins this year. Another option on offense would benifit Bess, Ginn, Fasano and Carmillo. Would even help the running game if defenses respected the pass and the long ball.

I can see an imediate benifit this year if we had aquired Williams.

realdolphin
10-14-2008, 09:35 PM
this is the thread of the " bashers " everyone that said thank you and agreed with this opinion is blind . this team is far ..very far better than lasts years team . i`ll name just a few things :

This year we have a real QB behind center someone that can put you in a position to win even on a very bad day .

we have a legit QB for the future .

we have a solid run defense .

players emerging , porter , camarillo , roth .

nice rookies having good games .

is this really misery ?????????? .......so there is no improvement ????

in 5 games we won 2 and could have won 4 ....that`s a tragedy ????

wow .

acmeanvil49
10-14-2008, 09:35 PM
To everyone in this thread that says I am a moron, stupid, fair weather fan ect.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/Giving20The20Finger-1.jpg

To quote my entire post then say your stupid, your a moron shows not enough smarts to form an intelligent response.

I don't like many of the decisions Cam Cameron and Bill Parcells have made and passing on Williams is another.

I have an opinion, I have backed up my opinion with points and backed them up with quotes.

If you disagree fine, but to sit behind your keyboard and type things that would get teeth smacked out your mouth is weak, petty, chicken shyt.

Where are the mods that think these personal attacks are OK?

I suppose since after several attacks on me than finally I responded now some one who should get back in the toolbox will step up :lol:

is this really misery ?????????? .......so there is no improvement ????

in 5 games we won 2 and could have won 4 ....that`s a tragedy ????

I do see improvement, I think the FO has missed on other opportunities to improve since this thread started on 9/14 and I think Williams going to Dallas is yet another missed opportunity.

Pinning all your hopes on the draft is a mistake.

MichaelBusiness
10-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Whoever posted comments of jumping the ship are new to Finheaven

MichaelBusiness
10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, but you can not be overly aggressive in free agency when you are still a couple of drafts away. Thats just a fact. Doing things like what Jerry Jones did is complete mismanagement. Next thing you know, the players you draft turn into sexy players, filling the spots in positions where you previously wanted to trade for.