PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Chances VS New England Next Week?

mantooth
09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
If New England's Team Plane crashed after leaving the Meadowlands today I would still have the Fins as a 14pt Underdog.

nephinsfan
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
They could just field Boston College and still win.

myke1072
09-14-2008, 07:08 PM
If New England's Team Plane crashed after leaving the Meadowlands today I would still have the Fins as a 14pt Underdog.We have a chance to make Cassell look like Brady.

dolfan94
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, but hopefully Henne is given a chance. What do we have to lose? Its the only way they are going to sell any tickets this year

mi2cents
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
if they don't show up we wouldn't even cover the spred

Myles Fynch
09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
They could just field Boston College and still win.

I'd take the Red Sox and -7.

Awsi Dooger
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
New England is going to be very motivated right now, to verify they aren't a one man team. I'm still amazed they were underdog to the Jets today. I mean, how can the Jets go from 3 point favorite over the Dolphins one week, then 1 point favorite over the Patriots the next week? Completely bizarre.

Even considering the difference in home and road, that's like saying the Pats are only 8 points better than Miami on a neutral field.

The late money did come on New England today, the so-called wise guys.

We lost to New England twice last year. Now we play them first on the road early in the season. That means New England will have the Fury of Anti-Revenge advantage early in the game. You never want to play on the road early in the season against a team that beat you twice last year.

Kadiddlehopper
09-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Henne=chance. Penny=no chance.

dolpns13
09-14-2008, 07:24 PM
i seriously think we have a better chance of beating NE than Arizona

mariocarciero
09-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Patriots will win by 20!!!

Phanatical
09-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Dolphins fricking suck, I'm thinking the only game they have a chance at winning is KC, and that is a small chance.

We're going to be lucky to win one fricking game again this year.

I am sick of being a fan of the worst fricking joke of a team in the NFL.

mariocarciero
09-14-2008, 07:28 PM

LOL...i seriously think you should delete this comment....LOL

dolpns13
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
LOL...i seriously think you should delete this comment....LOL

come on bro.. believe in now

Shamboubou
09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure that we could be Ball St. at this point.

FinFreak819
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Well with Pennington we will probably lose and cause the Pats Secondary is still pretty decent. You would need a person like Henne to zip it in the tight windows and push 10-15 yard plays to keep the Linebackers honest and open the lanes for RnR and hope that we can keep up with NE's scoring.

kcbrown
09-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm not a pessimist but this team is pretty bad, if I'm on another team, I'm not losing any sleep over playing the Fins....no one on this team scares anyone and the DB's are a joke.

SebasMiamiFan
09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Dolphins fricking suck, I'm thinking the only game they have a chance at winning is KC, and that is a small chance.

We're going to be lucky to win one fricking game again this year.

I am sick of being a fan of the worst fricking joke of a team in the NFL.
I'm starting to agree with you. It's very hard to be a fan. I'm dying to drive an hour to Miami, so I can yell at the FO.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
i think their offense is going to completely dismantle our defense.

Wildbill3
09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
ugh our secondray against moss? I think i'll do something else next weekend.

Cannonboy
09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Start Henne, this team is going nowhere. Might as well feed him to the wolves to get his feet wet.

Phanatical
09-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I think Cassell is gonna look like Marino next week.......

SebasMiamiFan
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I think Cassell is gonna look like Marino next week.......
He's going to look like Dan Marino/ Joe Montana with Moss and Welker.
53-10 NE
The Fins will go 2-14 this year and the team will be sold. The franchise crumbles for the last time and it will be replaced by a new team. Something Sharks.

That's what I believe. The Fins are just heart breaking. We have no fans or stadium. We lose every game. Hey, the Rams may suck this year, but they went to the SB not to long ago. Last time we went to the SB, I wasn't even born yet.

dolpns13
09-14-2008, 09:00 PM
He's going to look like Dan Marino/ Joe Montana with Moss and Welker.
53-10 NE
The Fins will go 2-14 this year and the team will be sold. The franchise crumbles for the last time and it will be replaced by a new team. Something Sharks.

That's what I believe. The Fins are just heart breaking. We have no fans or stadium. We lose every game. Hey, the Rams may suck this year, but they went to the SB not to long ago. Last time we went to the SB, I wasn't even born yet.

and thats why you are thinking the way you are,.. the team will not be sold.. Ross did not buy into an investment just to sell it ONE year later.. Have faith, it isnt happening

DolfanAdam
09-14-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm gonna say our odds against New England are oh lets say 18 to 1. :lol:

It's too bad forfeiting isn't an option, cause I have this bad feeling like we are going to sustain multiple pointless injuries, killing ourselves to try and keep up with them.

DolFan707
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
the only teams I think we can beat:

Pittsburgh Panthers
Alabama Roll Tide
Baltimore Ravens- unless they play well on defense

dolpns13
09-14-2008, 09:05 PM
why does everyone think the patriots are so good... They barely squeeked out 2 wins... (Yeah, I know we lost 2). Without tom brady, Arizona is far superior than the patriots...

We will be more competitive next week than this week

PJack
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM
why does everyone think the patriots are so good... They barely squeeked out 2 wins... (Yeah, I know we lost 2). Without tom brady, Arizona is far superior than the patriots...

Can't agree with you here. Zona has beaten San Fran and us. Don't view their record and stats as the 2nd coming just yet. Wait until they start their NFL schedule and then judge them. NE is still a better team.

Dtronic
09-14-2008, 09:23 PM

I thought we would get better every week. So far we are doing the exact opposite. I think the Pats will be 14 point favorites.

phinphan4life
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I'll take less than 0% chance for 500 Alex.

shula_guy
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Guys please stop with these negative posts. Players read these threads and wont play good if we keep posting bad stuff about them. They cant win unless you encourage them too.

I think we have a good chance to shut the pats out next week, after all they dont have brady and our db's should be able to easily shut down moss.

If your a real fan then you know supporting your team requires your irrationally based unshakeable faith. I got it, do you?

I did some math and I think we are going to get into the playoffs this year. Im seriously thinking we are going to make a superbowl run........this season!

gweediss77
09-14-2008, 09:28 PM
New England is going to be very motivated right now, to verify they aren't a one man team. I'm still amazed they were underdog to the Jets today. I mean, how can the Jets go from 3 point favorite over the Dolphins one week, then 1 point favorite over the Patriots the next week? Completely bizarre.

Even considering the difference in home and road, that's like saying the Pats are only 8 points better than Miami on a neutral field.

The late money did come on New England today, the so-called wise guys.

We lost to New England twice last year. Now we play them first on the road early in the season. That means New England will have the Fury of Anti-Revenge advantage early in the game. You never want to play on the road early in the season against a team that beat you twice last year.

I disagree, it's better than having to go to New England in december which we do every other year.

Sirspud
09-14-2008, 09:38 PM
For what its worth I think we have more of a chance against New England than we did against the Cardinals. Our biggest weakness (one of many) is our secondary and Cassel will be less likely to exploit that than the rest.

PJack
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Players read these threads and wont play good if we keep posting bad stuff about them. They cant win unless you encourage them too.

I did some math and I think we are going to get into the playoffs this year. Im seriously thinking we are going to make a superbowl run........this season!

On your first point, this is just not true. I've written countless positive posts and yet they still suck.

On your second point, I'm sorry, while I do appreciate your loyalty. you're delusional.

shula_guy
09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
On your first point, this is just not true. I've written countless positive posts and yet they still suck.

On your second point, I'm sorry, while I do appreciate your loyalty. you're delusional.

The reason your positive posts did not produce wins is because there is so many negative ones that smother your positive ones. We cant expect a player to sift through the multitude of posts here and selectivly single out the positive ones and only build off them. It is the fans responsibility to motivate and inspire their team all the way to the superbowl. We must keep a realistic perspective about this.

Im telling you all before the odds slip in vegas, get your money down on the fins to bring home the Lombardi this year!

nephinsfan
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
The reason your positive posts did not produce wins is because there is so many negative ones that smother your positive ones. We cant expect a player to sift through the multitude of posts here and selectivly single out the positive ones and only build off them. It is the fans responsibility to motivate and inspire their team all the way to the superbowl. We must keep a realistic perspective about this.

Im telling you all before the odds slip in vegas, get your money down on the fins to bring home the Lombardi this year!

sir, put down the skunky beer, and slowly walk away.

Vaark
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
It depends whether we can sneak in the USC Trojans and outfit them in Aqua/Orange for the day.

SpurzN703
09-15-2008, 01:11 AM
If New England's Team Plane crashed after leaving the Meadowlands today I would still have the Fins as a 14pt Underdog.

:sidelol: Thanks man, I laughed for a good 20 seconds on this thread.

****ing Patriots :lol:

ghostface95
09-15-2008, 05:29 AM
the line is already we're 13.5 point underdogs against the Patriots

DAMN DAMN DAMN

Moss got held to 22 yards receiving HE'S GONNA BE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH.

But maybe just maybe the Patriots don't take us seriously, and THE TEAM IS GONNA PLAY WITH A FTW type of attitude.

:shakeno:

rainmaker1313
09-15-2008, 05:32 AM
slim and none and Slim just left town!!!!

Buff
09-15-2008, 05:52 AM
If Miami get within 28 points of the Pats, I would be surprised. If Miami score more than 14 points, I'd be over the moon.

yankeehillbilly
09-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Guys please stop with these negative posts. Players read these threads and wont play good if we keep posting bad stuff about them. They cant win unless you encourage them too.

I think we have a good chance to shut the pats out next week, after all they dont have brady and our db's should be able to easily shut down moss.

If your a real fan then you know supporting your team requires your irrationally based unshakeable faith. I got it, do you?

If our players require fans on some message board to pour sunshine up their butts in order to do their jobs, then its time for new players. How about a player that actually has talent so the fans don't have much bad to say about him? Or maybe a player smart enough to know the fans are just venting and they don't control his future anyway. Do you really want a player so fragile that he can't do his job if he reads some derogatory remark by some anonymous person on the internet?
Shut the Pats out? Our DBs should be able to easily shut down Moss? Sorry buddy, but moderator badge or not, those statements make you look ridiculous.
Im a real fan. I have stuck with the Phins my entire life and have no intention of bandwagonning another team now. That doesnt mean I dont see that the Phins are pretty bad this year. Being a fan doesnt mean you have to be stupid. I have an irrational HOPE for my Phins every Sunday, but faith? Sorry man, it aint happening.
OK, I know you are on this "Build it and they will come" kick, but honestly, playoffs? Superbowl? Dude. Even Polyanna would have trouble with that one.

The fact is, the Phins have a long way to go to be the team we all want them to be. Whether or not a player is able to step up and be a part of that team will depend on a number of things...Talent, willingness to learn, ABILITY to learn, work ethic, coaching, etc. Sorry, but I just don't believe that the number of Finheaven members that say good or bad things about a player fits into that equation.

finbeerfan
09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
The pat's cheerleaders could beat this team.

lunchbox1126
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM

Are you bringin oranges to them at halftime? This isn't pop warner.

I doubt players are reading this. If they are I hope it gets them fired up and they go play/paractice harder. This is the NFL; their millions of dollars to play a game should be all the encouragement they need.

I'm don't mean to be negitive, but football isn't about who gets the most hugs and kisses its about who wants it more and is willing to work for it...

Phantom
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
A plane crash leaving the meadowlands leaves them a week to get new players and thats to long. Maybe the bus crashing making the turn into the stadium parking lot on sunday might do it. no wait, the beer vendors would still be there, and they can beat us too.

alexwr4
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
We have no chance!!!

shula_guy
09-15-2008, 10:36 AM
To those of you who did not pick up on my sarcasim and took my posts in this thread seriously..............Don't!

I posted them in response to some threads I read earlier about how some of us are bad fans because we don't follow and support the team, and how we should be careful what we write because players read our posts.

I am not calling anyone out but I do find it hilarious that I dont see any of those fans posting their mantra they were going on about less then 24hrs ago.

nephinsfan
09-15-2008, 10:42 AM
To those of you who did not pick up on my sarcasim and took my posts in this thread seriously..............Don't!

I posted them in response to some threads I read earlier about how some of us are bad fans because we don't follow and support the team, and how we should be careful what we write because players read our posts.

I am not calling anyone out but I do find it hilarious that I dont see of those fans posting their mantra they they going on about less then 24hrs ago.

Amen to that, although, I tried that too and I got spanked by a moderator!!! heh heh.......:beer1:

das8929
09-15-2008, 11:01 AM
I think we will do better than most think.. and I think we have a decent chance of winning.

rvicious
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
We have a chance to make Cassell look like Brady.

SAd to say but Cassel WILL look like Brady on steriods!!!!!!!!:(

Dtronic
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I think we will do better than most think.. and I think we have a decent chance of winning.

Can I have your credits then?

Granchamp71
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Look, I'm going to this game. I go to the Pats Dolphins game every year. I've been spit on, had snow balls thrown at me, and been screamed at. All because I show up wearing a Dolphins hoodie or jersey. I've seen them get blown out and I've seen them blow big leads and lose, but you know what? I go to this game every believing that my team is going to win. Every year I give myself motivation. My motivation last year? We weren't going to allow the Pats to go unefeated. This year? Pennington is the last oppising qb to win a game at Gillette.
So you guys can sit here and cry and b*tch and moan about how awful we are, but I will be out there rooting for my team. If I can't go out there supporting my team every week, then what the hell is the point of being a fan? I love this team. I've loved them since I was a little kid. Yeah times are tough right now but you have to believe. Next Sunday, while I'm being heckled by thousands and thousands of bandwagon Pats fans, I'll still be there cheering for my Phins. And when you guys are at home sulking, I hope you think of me and remember why we are all fans in the first place.

shula_guy
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Amen to that, although, I tried that too and I got spanked by a moderator!!! heh heh.......:beer1:

Thats just funny...........I dont care who you are.:sidelol:

Was it me? :foundout:

SabanHater
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
2.7% chance of winning.

GoonBoss
09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Almost zero chance to win, but, anything is possible.

The Franchise
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Brady struggles against Miami 80% of the time, they stand a better chance against Cassel.

Raoul Duke
09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
hey nobody post anything bad because we will hurt the players feelings.....notice the sarcasm. Please these players get paid millions if they're all like vince young then they dont need to be paid the way they are. and to tell us we cant write negatively about a team that has won one game in the past 21 games is completely and utterly pathetic.

BleedinGreenNC
09-15-2008, 01:30 PM
For what its worth I think we have more of a chance against New England than we did against the Cardinals. Our biggest weakness (one of many) is our secondary and Cassel will be less likely to exploit that than the rest.

Your joking right?:sidelol:

nephinsfan
09-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Thats just funny...........I dont care who you are.:sidelol:

Was it me? :foundout:

no, it was not you, I am not going to say for fear of getting spanked again.:evilmod::evilmod:

FinsFan74
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I think we'll have a pretty good chance at being tied right before kickoff

nephinsfan
09-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Look, I'm going to this game. I go to the Pats Dolphins game every year. I've been spit on, had snow balls thrown at me, and been screamed at. All because I show up wearing a Dolphins hoodie or jersey. I've seen them get blown out and I've seen them blow big leads and lose, but you know what? I go to this game every believing that my team is going to win. Every year I give myself motivation. My motivation last year? We weren't going to allow the Pats to go unefeated. This year? Pennington is the last oppising qb to win a game at Gillette.
So you guys can sit here and cry and b*tch and moan about how awful we are, but I will be out there rooting for my team. If I can't go out there supporting my team every week, then what the hell is the point of being a fan? I love this team. I've loved them since I was a little kid. Yeah times are tough right now but you have to believe. Next Sunday, while I'm being heckled by thousands and thousands of bandwagon Pats fans, I'll still be there cheering for my Phins. And when you guys are at home sulking, I hope you think of me and remember why we are all fans in the first place.

I will be there too. I also go every year and have put up with the same crap that you have every time I go, although, last year I was pretty much left alone and actually met with some sympathy from some of the pats fans because they felt sorry for me. LOL.....

I will be there rooting them on, I will be wearing my Brown jersey, although I may just have to go looking like this: :baghead:

hemidemon
09-15-2008, 01:45 PM
We have a better chance than anyone else in the NFL of beating the Pats next week. Being we're the team that plays them.

John Biello
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
bout as close to zero chance as you can get, i bet we would still lose even if cassel was out

das8929
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
This isn't the same Patriots of last year. They can be beat and I think we have a decent chance of doing it.

Oraclepz
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM

ur absolutely right... our weekest unit last year was our DL which is why people ran it down our throats... we fixed that somewhat this year so now people are airing it out.. and we were tailor made for ARZ... teams arent going to run it on us anymore... theyre going to try to air it out.. cassell is not kurt warner with those two unbelievable WRs... although welker and moss arent far behind... at least i hope cassell doesnt light us up.. lol thats bad.. im afraid of a guy who until last week hadnt started a game since HS... God i hope we get malcomb jenkins....

yankeehillbilly
09-15-2008, 05:47 PM

I am not calling anyone out but I do find it hilarious that I dont see any of those fans posting their mantra they were going on about less then 24hrs ago.

Im guilty of that....
It dawned on me after I posted that you might have been being sarcastic, and tried to edit my post to reflect that, but got a "page has timed out error". Dont know if Finheaven was having problems or if it was my ISP, but continuing to try to edit my post would have made me late for work.
Oh well, it was early and I didnt have enough coffee in me to power my sarcasm detector. Thats my excuse anyway.:lol:

shula_guy
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah well I certainly can understand how what I wrote was taken seriously considering some of the outlandish opinions people post that they are not being sarcastic about. Anyhow the posts were all done in good fun I hope I did offend anyone with them.

phinphan4life
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM

Bartender, I want 2 of what he's drinking. :sidelol: :sidelol:

And yes, I do know that it's sarcasm.

Parcel's_Cartel
09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
We will not beat the patriots!!! I will be surprise if we do. The patriots have way too much talent.......

Zandimd
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
the pats dont loose games they are soppose to win

MichaelBusiness
09-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Keep sucking Belicheat's dick, fags.

DefensiveEnd76
09-16-2008, 12:51 AM

The Patriots could have a local high school team playing the game for them and I'd still say they'd beat us by 3 points

Zandimd
09-16-2008, 12:53 AM

just giving respect to a team that deserves respect i wish the phins could earn some

MichaelBusiness
09-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Sounds pathetic.

Zandimd
09-16-2008, 01:03 AM
w/e ur an idiot who cant give another team the respect they deserve....fyi i absolutely hate the pats but they are gonna woop on us this sunday its just being realistic and not a homer

MichaelBusiness
09-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Don't take it personal, I am also referring to all the other disgruntled, Patriot-praising fans.

MichaelBusiness
09-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Go Fins. They can pull it out. Who remembers 21 - 0 ?

DefensiveEnd76
09-16-2008, 01:08 AM
I love our Dolphins and have for 30+ years but I am afraid the Patriots are going to biatch slap us all around on Sunday.

MichaelBusiness
09-16-2008, 01:12 AM
I am not worried w/o Brady.

shula_guy
09-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Bartender, I want 2 of what he's drinking. :sidelol: :sidelol:

And yes, I do know that it's sarcasm.

Allow me to share the reciepe with you:

1 part delusional optimisim
1 part detacted reality
1 part unrealistic expectations
2 parts Kool-Aide

throughly blended and strained through a fantasy!

Must be drank instantly and all at once!

kooter54
09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
This is my first post ever on this forum. And you know whats sad, (besides that we have lost 20 of our last 21 games). I was in a local sports store the other day. And I was with my 11 yr old son, who likes to watch the games with me. And I was showing him a Phins Jersey and told him "Hey I'll get this for you if you want." His response............"No dad, all the kids will laugh at me if I wear it." It was sad that I couldn't tell him to be proud of his team. He doesnt even remember a win before the one last year. This season is going to hurt.

chillwill3000
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
We have a snowballs chance in hell.:boohoo:

Phishpunk@WCU
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
This is my first post ever on this forum. And you know whats sad, (besides that we have lost 20 of our last 21 games). I was in a local sports store the other day. And I was with my 11 yr old son, who likes to watch the games with me. And I was showing him a Phins Jersey and told him "Hey I'll get this for you if you want." His response............"No dad, all the kids will laugh at me if I wear it." It was sad that I couldn't tell him to be proud of his team. He doesnt even remember a win before the one last year. This season is going to hurt.

Man, that sucks to hear. I know how he feels, everyone gives me hell whenever I wear one of mine. Give Parcells and Co. a couple of season, we will get better.

kooter54
09-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Man, that sucks to hear. I know how he feels, everyone gives me hell whenever I wear one of mine. Give Parcells and Co. a couple of season, we will get better.

Yeah I agree with you. We will get better. I just cant wait till the day my boys can hold there head up high as they wear their Phins gear or I can take them to thier first game. Im not trying to take them now knowing what the outcome will most likely be.

Losing a game makes you stronger........Well Im freaking the Incredible Hulk then!!!!

GO PHINS!!!! BEAT THE PATS!!!!

NYC#1finsfan
09-16-2008, 10:23 AM

Thank goodness that my son is only 3 and doesn't understand the ineptness of the Phins just yet. I'm hoping that by the time peer pressure sets in the Dolphins have a few wins under their belt again and a Phins Jersey can be worn with pride, especially around these parts of town.

ghostface95
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey kooter don't sweat it man 11 year olds no not what they do most of the time anyways. At least you don't have to put up with these damn "pie in the sky" REDSKINS fans who year after year after year talk this "we're SB bound" after every "good" preseason.

Only to have their feelings stepped on once Dallas, Philly, and NYG kick their *****. They've had their moments but here in DC especially after a Dallas loss THE WHOLE TOWN IS IN MOURNING which is beautiful and priceless.

True we haven't sniffed the playoffs since 2001 (damn that seems like an eternity), and for years after WANNSTEDT dug a hole in the ground for this once proud franchise to rot in pure hell in.

True once that "BAMA" came in and coached us to a 9-7 record in 2005 we thought our prayers were answered and that we were on the rise only to be brought back to planet earth the following year.

SHAM SHAMERON PULLED THE WOOL OVER OUR EYES having us believe that we'd finally have some form of a competent offense that we've lacked since DANNY BOY hung his cleats up.

So far this year and another "underachieving" season to many of us so far lies within. HOWEVER, we have in our FO the master at "reviving teams from the dead". FOR US TO ASSUME OR EXPECT THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR WAS WAY OFF BASE. REALISTICALLY I FIGURED WE'D WIN 6-7 GAMES AT THE MOST. BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT'S STILL A REALITY. I'm figuring that we might as well get a clear cut know all of what we have and what we truly need. Also, with the playcalling what's working out so far, what's not going to work ever, and what can work with proper execution.

REMEMBER JIMMY V...

DON'T GIVE UP DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!

Next season (yeah this one's in the bag, crapper, etc.) WE WILL BE FEARED WE WILL NO LONGER BE PUSHOVERS BELIEVE THAT!!!

SportsGuy04
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
I agree.. AZ has more weapons and we were able to shake up Cassell last year (for 1 play)..Not saying we are going to win just saying. That one play he was in we intercepted him the the coach pulled him out. It was a positive...

sharp
09-16-2008, 11:20 AM
That jersey story is the saddest story ive ever heard... I think we will come out stronger and beat that record of not scoring on our first drive for what 26 games?? a td anyway... thats not only ridiculous but retarded.. When boldin scored on that first play i dont understand why we were running a 3-4 against a 5 WR set... especially when their individual skill and a vet QB.. anyway I think we will play stronger this week because AZ outskilled us.. jump balls to fitz and no one can cover antwon with a good qb, atleast on this team. Cassel will be harassed slightly and we need to double moss, that welker cat will be a problem tho and i consider him the x-factor this week......

Canadianfishfan
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Welker underneith, Moss over top.. all day long.. throw in a sprinkle of Mahoney, means bad day for Phin Phans.

kooter54
09-16-2008, 01:17 PM
That jersey story is the saddest story ive ever heard... I think we will come out stronger and beat that record of not scoring on our first drive for what 26 games?? a td anyway... thats not only ridiculous but retarded.. When boldin scored on that first play i dont understand why we were running a 3-4 against a 5 WR set...

Sparano said he was up all night watching video and analyzing the game. I hope he makes adjustments. i think there are alot of guys with skill on our team. But being beaten down so much for so long..they dont have the confidence or the belief that they can do it. There is alot to be said about the will and drive to do something when the odds are against you. There are many examples: The Giants winning the Super Bowl last year, Riddick Bowe knocking out Mike Tyson, Bernard Pollard taking out Tom Brady:d-day:, Putting a man on the moon (some say it happened:D), Dating a Victorias Secret model (ok in my dreams).

I guess what Im trying to say is that any given sunday...anything can happen.

chillwill3000
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
come on bro.. believe in now

We have no reason what so ever to believe in now. none, zero, zilch.

chillwill3000
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Welker underneith, Moss over top.. all day long.. throw in a sprinkle of Mahoney, means bad day for Phin Phans.

Mahoney? ROFL. Isn't that the guy from those old police academy movies. :sidelol:

DefensiveEnd76
09-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Mahoney? ROFL. Isn't that the guy from those old police academy movies. :sidelol:

Yeah and even the Old Police Academy Recruit named Mahoney would run wild on our pathetic defense

juniorseau55
09-17-2008, 01:19 AM
If Fitzgerald and Boldin killed us and they are both not considered the fastest players then imagine the patriots.

juniorseau55
09-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah and even the Old Police Academy Recruit named Mahoney would run wild on our pathetic defense

Hightower already massacred us last week.

juniorseau55
09-17-2008, 01:23 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/timhightower/profile?id=HIG784208

Dr. Phin
09-17-2008, 02:23 AM
Put it this way...the "Why did we trade Welker" threads will be all over this board next week...:beer1:

DefensiveEnd76
09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Hightower already massacred us last week.

:lol: :up:

Smex
09-17-2008, 02:42 AM
If Fitzgerald and Boldin killed us and they are both not considered the fastest players then imagine the patriots.
Did you REALLY just say that? >_> Are you REALLY trying to downgrade them because there not fast receivers? REALLY!??

They have something called skill. They are the best tandem in the NFL. And they both could be placed in the top 10 without much argument. Speed IS a good asset in the NFL, but it's not the only asset.

I'd bet my right hand that the Patriots don't get as much receiving yards as the cards got.

sepe34
09-17-2008, 04:33 AM
Allow me to share the reciepe with you:

1 part delusional optimisim
1 part detacted reality
1 part unrealistic expectations
2 parts Kool-Aide

throughly blended and strained through a fantasy!

Must be drank instantly and all at once!

that sounds a bit like a shot of 151, bacardi light, bacardi dark, and some fruit juice of your liking. I like the way you think.

sm0kinfins
09-17-2008, 04:58 AM

I must be missing the sarcasm here... :err:

cafinfan408
09-17-2008, 05:19 AM

thats just funny.
And fitz is faster than i thought i knew allen was going to get up and catch him but he got farther than i thought he would.

dolpns13
09-17-2008, 07:48 AM
We have no reason what so ever to believe in now. none, zero, zilch.

so why do you stick around? So you can come on message boards and complain, adding more stress to your life...

dolfan94
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Just felt like giving this thread a bump!

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Awesome!!!

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM

This post was classic!!!

Pinkboy
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
If Miami get within 28 points of the Pats, I would be surprised. If Miami score more than 14 points, I'd be over the moon.

hehe.

I'm sure you flashed your moon to your jail mate buddy.,

Nice to know we also kicked Buffalo's sorry A$$ up and down the field in both meetings after the patriot game..

dolfan94
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Awesome!!!

Im just looking at all the old threads from the season. Week 1 starts at around Page 100.

MDFINFAN
07-28-2009, 05:44 PM

This had to be the funniest post of the whole thread, I died laughing.. Got to give Shula credit, he fought back, predicted a playoff run and dang if it didn't happen..:up:

BillParFan
07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Im just looking at all the old threads from the season. Week 1 starts at around Page 100.

Have a link to the game thread?:woot:

R_t_Kraken
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
lol at the guy who said we have a better chance against NE than Arizona. Blind homerism or a prophet? Either way he was right so i'm glad about that.

dolfan94
07-28-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/-official-dolphins-vs-patriots-gameday-thread-229330.html

That's all I found. Only 9 pages long

R_t_Kraken
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
"And the Miami Dolphins continue to GASH the Patriots."

sharp
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Rofl look at all the hopeless overreactive fans. Good find, shows you whos fairwheather around here.

BillParFan
07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/-official-dolphins-vs-patriots-gameday-thread-229330.html

That's all I found. Only 9 pages long

Thanks.

I remember now that there were big time site problems that day as the last post mentioned.
So what's wrong with this site?

It just won't load a page at all. 8+ game thread pages? That's it?

Guess no one else could get in either.

dolfan94
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I said that we should start Henne. Understandable after the debacle at Zona but goes to show you why Im in front of a computer and not in the sidelines calling the plays

TedSlimmJr
07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Didn't make it as far as exhuming the thread prior to the week 12 rematch yet?

Surely that one would be interesting too...lol

dolfan94
07-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Didn't make it as far as exhuming the thread prior to the week 12 rematch yet?

Surely that one would be interesting too...lol

No, I was just interested in this one. But I'll be looking at the whole season. But it takes A LONG time. Thanks to people posting stupid threads.

Ricky_Fan34
07-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Gotta love how negative some were going into that game.

TedSlimmJr
07-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, considering the team was 0-2...and coming off of an embarrassing 31-10 blowout at the hands of the Arizona Cardinals the week prior.....

....and hadn't won a game in regulation in over a year.....

....and people had watched them lose 20 of their last 21 games spanning 3 different seasons....

What exactly did you expect people to be positive about heading into the week 3 matchup with the Patriots?

ArmyFin7
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, considering the team was 0-2...and coming off of an embarrassing 31-10 blowout at the hands of the Arizona Cardinals the week prior.....

....and people had watched them lose 20 of their last 21 games spanning 3 different seasons....

What exactly did you expect people to be positive about heading into the week 3 matchup with the Patriots?

Just goes to show a lot of fins fans as well as the media totally over rate the pats.

TedSlimmJr
07-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Just goes to show a lot of fins fans as well as the media totally over rate the pats.

How so?

Miami obviously snuck one in on the Pats.....nobody saw the Wildcat coming...not the fans...not the media....not even the Pats coaching staff...

But I do believe a pretty good ***** slapping was laid down by those overrated Pats in week 12 when it was team on team.....no more surprises...

Ricky_Fan34
07-29-2009, 03:34 PM

Yeah, as a matter of fact I did, cause as a fan every week i go in thinking we've got a chance in this. With that said, I'm not the type to say "Oh, Miami's headed to the super bowl" But i have faith in my team week in and week out. Thats pretty sad if you don't. Any given Sunday, anything can happen. It's football. Nothing is a given in football.