PDA

View Full Version : Does Senator Obama believe it?? He did say it.

FinFatale
09-14-2008, 08:19 PM
"That was the best education I ever had," Obama said. "It taught me that ordinary people can do extraordinary things."

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/03/24/daily37.html

If Senator Obama meant and believes that " ordinary people can do extraoridinary things" then why bother with going after Sarah Palin in reference to her experience..........

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 09:07 PM
"That was the best education I ever had," Obama said. "It taught me that ordinary people can do extraordinary things."

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/03/24/daily37.html

If Senator Obama meant and believes that " ordinary people can do extraoridinary things" then why bother with going after Sarah Palin in reference to her experience..........

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/fiscalconservatives-1.jpg

I don't think Obama's going after Palin at all.. I think he's focused on McCain and getting his message out about issues.

FinFatale
09-14-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/fiscalconservatives-1.jpg

I don't think Obama's going after Palin at all.. I think he's focused on McCain and getting his message out about issues.

any ads I have seen of recent re: Palin are endorsed by Senator Obama.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2008, 11:12 PM
any ads I have seen of recent re: Palin are endorsed by Senator Obama.

What ads were these, I haven't seen those are they on utube so I can see them?

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 12:45 PM
What ads were these, I haven't seen those are they on utube so I can see them?

MD I should have referred to " personal attacks" period.......his ads are very veilded of late.....but he has been speaking out against her.......for example.........did he not refer to her a " moose shooter" ????

Obama on Palin: 'Mother, governor, moose shooter'

do you really believe he meant that as a compliment?????????

http://news.yahoo.com/story//politico/20080909/pl_politico/20912

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton meanwhile blasted the choice and highlighted Governor Palin's lack of foreign policy credentials.
"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency," Mr Burton said in a statement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/08/30/2350843.htm

I don't believe that his spokes person is speaking anything that Senator Obama doesn't endorse.......

poornate
09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
MD I should have referred to " personal attacks" period.......his ads are very veilded of late.....but he has been speaking out against her.......for example.........did he not refer to her a " moose shooter" ????

Obama on Palin: 'Mother, governor, moose shooter'

do you really believe he meant that as a compliment?????????

http://news.yahoo.com/story//politico/20080909/pl_politico/20912

...Very few of the facts about her are complimentary...

ohall
09-15-2008, 02:11 PM
...Very few of the facts about her are complimentary...

And because you and the main stream media see it that way is why the McCain/Palin ticket is surging in the national and state level polls. It's one thing to think such a thing, it is another to prove such a sentiment based on rumors posted on far left blogs.

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 02:15 PM
And because you and the main stream media see it that way is why the McCain/Palin ticket is surging in the national and state level polls. It's one thing to think such a thing, it is another to prove such a sentiment based on rumors posted on far left blogs.

It does certainly seem that the more she is " dissed " the more popular she becomes.

poornate
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
No problems.... i don't care about anything other than her record... no blogs, no rumors... There is little positive to her as far as I see... she is cripplingly regressive, underinformed and undereducated, and woefully unqualified... what else do i need to know?

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
No problems.... i don't care about anything other than her record... no blogs, no rumors... There is little positive to her as far as I see... she is cripplingly regressive, underinformed and undereducated, and woefully unqualified... what else do i need to know?

That is your opinion and you are surely entitled to it. the orignal thread here spoke to the FACT that Senator Obama said he believed that ordinary people could do extra ordinary things and I do believe that Sarah Palin has done some of things.....

MDFINFAN
09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
It does certainly seem that the more she is " dissed " the more popular she becomes.

Isn't this the same statement that could be said of Obama, do you feel differently about him now that it's palin?:d-day:

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't believe that it happened with Senator Obama like it is with Palin or Senator Obama would be holding a much larger lead. Just my opinon
I am also , as I have said before, waiting to hear the upcoming debates, it's much easier to form an opinon based on actual words coming directly off the cuff from the canidates mouths than things that get written into speeches for them and I am also sure the debates will be concentrating on the issues at hand.........something that , I know , I know, you can go and read at the websites but I'd like to hear things from the " horses mouth"

MDFINFAN
09-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I don't believe that it happened with Senator Obama like it is with Palin or Senator Obama would be holding a much larger lead. Just my opinon
I am also , as I have said before, waiting to hear the upcoming debates, it's much easier to form an opinon based on actual words coming directly off the cuff from the canidates mouths than things that get written into speeches for them and I am also sure the debates will be concentrating on the issues at hand.........something that , I know , I know, you can go and read at the websites but I'd like to hear things from the " horses mouth"

Obama wasn't attacked during his rise, not rockstar treatment, no underground attacks, no rev. wright, ayers, renzo, no anti american, no flagpin, no hands over heart, no radical claims, no present votes, no inexperience comments, no foreign policy experience, etc.. and had up to a 8 point lead, and now Palin is doing the same for McCain.. no simularities at all huh?

ABrownLamp
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I dont think theres any merit to this argument. Why would Obama come out and say shes an inspiration to us all and would make a wonderful leader? Hes in a campaign against her for the President of the US. You guys are just reching for anything, this is silly.

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Obama wasn't attacked during his rise, not rockstar treatment, no underground attacks, no rev. wright, ayers, renzo, no anti american, no flagpin, no hands over heart, no radical claims, no present votes, no inexperience comments, no foreign policy experience, etc.. and had up to a 8 point lead, and now Palin is doing the same for McCain.. no simularities at all huh?

MD I don't think that Senator Obama got the " bounce " she got but then again his lead wasn't during the convention which lends itself to a bounce usually anyway...........doesn't it??

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I dont think theres any merit to this argument. Why would Obama come out and say shes an inspiration to us all and would make a wonderful leader? Hes in a campaign against her for the President of the US. You guys are just reching for anything, this is silly.

pssstttttttttttt Governor Palin isn't running for President.

ABrownLamp
09-15-2008, 10:31 PM

psssssst....shes the Pub VP.... Why would Obama tell the world how wonderful she is....dont know if you know this but his camp is running against hers.

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 10:39 PM
psssssst....shes the Pub VP.... Why would Obama tell the world how wonderful she is....dont know if you know this but his camp is running against hers.

lol she is????????????????????
well of late it seems to me that SHE is the topic of the day.........so I wasn't sure if you had gotten mixed up either, but now that you got me straight and I got you straight, even though we were both straight............lol anyway ..............

MDFINFAN
09-15-2008, 11:04 PM
MD I don't think that Senator Obama got the " bounce " she got but then again his lead wasn't during the convention which lends itself to a bounce usually anyway...........doesn't it??

I think it was a double bounce, but because the conventions were so close and palin announce the very next day after the dem convention, we never saw the back and forth bounces...hopefully we see the real numbers..soon

WSE
09-15-2008, 11:30 PM

McCain is 72 years old......

the vp for him matters a hell of a lot more than other candidates. There is a great chance he wont finish his term if elected

im not trying to be sinister, but its the age that makes her so important

for Obama, his vp pick was important also, since as the first African American president if elected, his life will be always at risk, more than other presidents. But his vp pick was one who people could see as president, who has been a multi time presidential nominee and is head of the foreign relations committee in the senate.

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 11:36 PM

the vp for him matters a hell of a lot more than other candidates. There is a great chance he wont finish his term if elected

for Obama, his vp pick was important also, since as the first African American president if elected, his life will be always at risk, more than other presidents. But his vp pick was one who people could see as president, who has been a multi time presidential nominee and is head of the foreign relations committee in the senate.

there is a thread I posted on ageism...a topic a neighbor of mine brought up to me........I'd be interested in your input. I agree that Senator McCain is older than Senator Obama but I also feel that age doesn't always dictate health. Senator Biden has had some serious health concerns hasn't he??????? I agree with you that Senator Obama will certainly be at risk since he will be the first president with an african american hertiage.

WSE
09-15-2008, 11:48 PM
there is a thread I posted on ageism...a topic a neighbor of mine brought up to me........I'd be interested in your input. I agree that Senator McCain is older than Senator Obama but I also feel that age doesn't always dictate health. Senator Biden has had some serious health concerns hasn't he??????? I agree with you that Senator Obama will certainly be at risk since he will be the first president with an african american hertiage.

well, being older than Obama is one thing, but he would be the oldest person ever elected for their first term.

call it ageism if you want, but it makes the people he chooses to be around him matter more than most years....and as I said, same with Obama since he will no doubt be at risk if elected...

but, McCain picked somebody people know nothing about, and Obama picked a fellow presidential nominee.

I thought Romney was a lock to be honest...I was shocked to see Palin. Palin projects to a demographic (women) but its just hard to see her as president and with a guy of McCains age, I think its important.

WSE
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
and to be honest, I dont think I am being discriminatory in regards to age

Im not saying don't elect him because of his age, all I am saying is that his vp pick is a lot more important than in other years because of the risks involved with his age. He is 72 and its a real risk if he can even finish 1 term.

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
and to be honest, I dont think I am being discriminatory in regards to age

Im not saying don't elect him because of his age, all I am saying is that his vp pick is a lot more important than in other years because of the risks involved with his age. He is 72 and its a real risk if he can even finish 1 term.

I don't think you are advocating ageism at all and I completely understand your stance. I mentioned it because of the other thread........how some seniors are viewing it , that's all.
It's too bad that everyone couldn't be like me I will be thirty forever!!!! LOL

ohall
09-16-2008, 12:12 AM

Nonsense. It's 2008 not 1908 ppl. We live in times were ppl live longer happier lives.

poornate
09-16-2008, 07:21 AM
I agree with you that Senator Obama will certainly be at risk since he will be the first president with an african american hertiage.

I understand that racism exists.... but when I hear this it just makes me cringe...

FinFatale
09-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I understand that racism exists.... but when I hear this it just makes me cringe...

It is what it is. There are white supremacy groups in this country. One would think we could as a nation get past someone's race but it isn't so for some. I dislike racism but like you I know it exists.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/plot-to-kill-obama-20080826-42l8.html

US police have arrested four people - one allegedly a white supremacist - in connection with a possible plot to kill Barack Obama on Thursday night during his acceptance speech in Denver.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Nonsense. It's 2008 not 1908 ppl. We live in times were ppl live longer happier lives.

:shakeno:

Dolphan7
09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
:haveadrink: