PDA

View Full Version : Co-Workers: Obama inflated his Resume

phinfan3411
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Now, if I was going the way of the non-leaning main stream media, the title may have been : Obama, the Pathological Liar. I prefer to keep it a little more low key. You may find it interesting:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/did-obama-turn-down-a-wall-street-career

phinman1
09-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Now, if I was going the way of the non-leaning main stream media, the title may have been : Obama, the Pathological Liar. I prefer to keep it a little more low key. You may find it interesting:

We've added pathological liar to the list of Obamas shortcomings.

So, you would agree then that Obama is a woman hating, old man hating, white hating, pathological liar who is a terrorist and wants kindergardeners to have sex?

Did I forget anything?

phinfan3411
09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
We've added pathological liar to the list of Obamas shortcomings.

So, you would agree then that Obama is a woman hating, old man hating, white hating, pathological liar who is a terrorist and wants kindergardeners to have sex?

Did I forget anything?

I wouldn't go that far, I mean, the guy isn't a monster. I believe he wants the kindergarteners to have "safe" sex.

phinman1
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't go that far, I mean, the guy isn't a monster. I believe he wants the kindergarteners to have "safe" sex.

:lol:

FinFatale
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM

Senator Obama's quote from his book...........
… as the months passed, I felt the idea of becoming an organizer slipping away from me. The company promoted me to the position of financial writer. I had my own office, my own secretary; money in the bank. Sometimes, coming out of an interview with Japanese financiers or German bond traders, I would catch my reflection in the elevator doors—see myself in a suit and tie, a briefcase in my hand—and for a split second I would imagine myself as a captain of industry, barking out orders, closing the deal, before I remembered who it was that I had told myself I wanted to be and felt pangs of guilt for my lack of resolve.

his co worker's account, which is backed my others that worked with Senator Obama
If Barack was promoted, his new job responsibilities were more of the same - rewriting other people’s copy. As far as I know, he always had a small office, and the idea that he had a secretary is laughable. Only the company president had a secretary. Barack never left the office, never wore a tie, and had neither reason nor opportunity to interview Japanese financiers or German bond traders.

Seems like he fibbed abit doesn't it???

MDFINFAN
09-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Sweetness & Light
Weblog featuring US and international news and analysis from a conservative perspective.
sweetness-light.com/ - 130k - Cached - Similar pages

No intended argument here, but can you find a little more main stream sites, the last couple of threads are from right wing sites, which makes it hard to consider these stories with any reality... I get newmaxs emails daily... so using these sites I get the full favor.. but I don't think I get the truth..

FinFatale
09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Mr. Armstrong’s description of the firm, and those of other co-workers, differs at least in emphasis from Mr. Obama’s. It was a small newsletter-publishing and research firm, with about 250 employees worldwide, that helped companies with foreign operations (they could be called multinationals) understand overseas markets, they said. Far from a bastion of corporate conformity, they said, it was informal and staffed by young people making modest wages. Employees called it “high school with ashtrays.”
Many workers dressed down. Only the vice president in charge of Mr. Obama’s division got a secretary, they said. Mr. Obama was a researcher and writer for a reference service called Financing Foreign Operations. He also wrote for a newsletter, Business International Money Report.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/us/politics/30obama.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Dolphan7
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
NYTimes - very mainstream.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
NYTimes - very mainstream.

no, more like cnn is what I had in mind..

MoFinz
09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
no, more like cnn is what I had in mind..

Cherrypicker

MDFINFAN
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Cherrypicker

Well atleast I'm a consistent cherrypicker..:lol::up:

Eshlemon
09-16-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_polishes_his_resume.html

Obama Polishes His Resume
June 21, 2008
His first ad of the post-primary season puffs up his legislative accomplishments.

Obama also says he passed up "Wall Street jobs" to "go to Chicago instead, helping neighborhoods devastated when steel plants closed." Howard Kurtz at the Washington Post points out that "Obama may have turned down Wall Street jobs after graduating from Columbia University in 1983, but he spent a year working for Business International Corp. in New York before becoming a community organizer in Chicago." But Obama's work at Business International Corporation, despite the fancy name, was by no means an investment banking job. The New York Times reports that the company was "a small newsletter-publishing and research firm, with about 250 employees worldwide, that helped companies with foreign operations ... understand overseas markets." Obama was a researcher and writer for the firm for about a year, after which he moved on to the New York Public Interest Research Group, a consumer protection and environmental reform organization

Little out there or findings that make Barack Obama into a George O'Leary instead of typical political fluffery.