PDA

View Full Version : Theocratic Sect Prays for Real Armageddon

finataxia24
09-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Members of Joel's Army are fighting to bring about the millennial reign of Christ.

Sarah Palin used AK tax dollars to fund dominionist churches http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/transparent-1.gif
Advertisements [? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=announcement&id=296)]

another well-researched article from dogemperor- the third in a series on Sarah Palins ties to extremist religionist groups. It appears at Daily Kos, but for those wanting to send it to friends who don't like Kos for whatever reason, it is also mirrored at Talk To Action and Newsvine.

These 3 articles need to be disseminated as widely as possible. Let me echo the sentiments of Douglas Carpenter, who posted the first article here at DU last Saturday:
"Sarah Palin seems to be deeply involved with extremist religious groups with a very dangerous political agenda.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND READING THIS WHOLE ARTICLE AND SENDING IT TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL LIST AND POSTING IT EVERYWHERE AND ANYWHERE"

DailyKos: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/4/12289/69937/415/... (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/4/12289/69937/415/586412)
Newsvine: http://dogemperor.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/04/1827368... (http://dogemperor.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/04/1827368-sarah-palin-used-ak-tax-dollars-to-fund-dominionist-churches)

Talk to Action: http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/9/4/155547/0997 (http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/9/4/155547/0997)

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Todd Bentley has a long night ahead of him, resurrecting the dead, healing the blind, and exploding cancerous tumors. Since April 3, the 32-year-old, heavily tattooed, body-pierced, shaved-head Canadian preacher has been leading a continuous "supernatural healing revival" in central Florida. To contain the 10,000-plus crowds flocking from around the globe, Bentley has rented baseball stadiums, arenas and airport hangars at a cost of up to $15,000 a day. Many in attendance are church pastors themselves who believe Bentley to be a prophet and don't bat an eye when he tells them he's seen King David and spoken with the Apostle Paul in heaven. "He was looking very Jewish," Bentley notes.

read on here
http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/faith_gone_way_too_far:_thousands-strong_theocratic_sect_prays_for_real_armageddon/?page=1

phinman1
09-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Isn't it incredible this lady believes what she believes and she is a heartbeat away? Just completely bat****.

phinfan3411
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I am not a real religous person, I have my beliefs, they are my own, I have never understood how people get so hung up on other peoples religon. Different people believe different things.

So please, I am not trying to be smart, explain to me what this woman has done that you find so personally offensive. Not something from a far left blog....you personally, please, I would like to read it.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I am not a real religous person, I have my beliefs, they are my own, I have never understood how people get so hung up on other peoples religon. Different people believe different things.

So please, I am not trying to be smart, explain to me what this woman has done that you find so personally offensive. Not something from a far left blog....you personally, please, I would like to read it.

Hmmm, Obama's former pastor said something, his religious belief, of which Obama says he doesn't agree with..but allow his pastor to have his belief..but didn't you hold Obama responsible for his pastor 2 soundbites, even though they were in a religious circumstance.. so yea ppl get hung up on ppl's religions...

I personally believe in the rapture, I didn't read anything in the bible that said you have to go to AK, but you will be raptured right where you are.. That's how I've read it and I've understood from pastors thoughout the years to include listening to Rev. Wright teach it once, and he said right where you were too. So she can be accused of distorting the bible, like ppl said rev. wright in distorting the bible with his message.. But I guess it's about who you support in the election on who's allowed to distort it more..:rolleyes:

ohall
09-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Hmmm, Obama's former pastor said something, his religious belief, of which Obama says he doesn't agree with..but allow his pastor to have his belief..but didn't you hold Obama responsible for his pastor 2 soundbites, even though they were in a religious circumstance.. so yea ppl get hung up on ppl's religions...

I personally believe in the rapture, I didn't read anything in the bible that said you have to go to AK, but you will be raptured right where you are.. That's how I've read it and I've understood from pastors thoughout the years to include listening to Rev. Wright teach it once, and he said right where you were too. So she can be accused of distorting the bible, like ppl said rev. wright in distorting the bible with his message.. But I guess it's about who you support in the election on who's allowed to distort it more..:rolleyes:

No Rev. Wright hates America and is a bigot. Also I believe Palin left the church in question 8-years ago rather than Obama who stayed in the American hating bigots church for 20-years.

Oh and a little hint to you ppl that support Obama, don't bring up religion, your guy will lose on that subject every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Dolphan7
09-17-2008, 01:15 AM
:safe:

phinfan3411
09-17-2008, 05:50 AM
uh, I thought I was asking a real question, and I wanted a real answer, I did not think I said anything about rev wright, I wanted to know what about her religously offended them so, because I did not see it.

WSE
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM

for the same reason people found what Barack's pastor said as offensive

she has sat there through extremist rhetoric. I remember seeing a jew for jesus who spoke at her church say Israel has gotten the attacks they did because they have not accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. Her church spewing that rhetoric is offensive to me as a jewish american.

WSE
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13098.html

link as evidence to the jew for jesus speaking. And for clarification, this isn't her old church, its the one she currently attends and the link says she was there that day.

ohall
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
for the same reason people found what Barack's pastor said as offensive

she has sat there through extremist rhetoric. I remember seeing a jew for jesus who spoke at her church say Israel has gotten the attacks they did because they have not accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. Her church spewing that rhetoric is offensive to me as a jewish american.

She left the church no, and was she in this church for 20-years?

She is running for VP not President. There should be more scrutiny on the President IMO.

WSE
09-17-2008, 02:24 PM

She is running for VP not President. There should be more scrutiny on the President IMO.

you obviously didn't read my last post

I cleared it up. This is her current church, Wasilla. It is not the Pentecostal one, but the one she currently attends. And it is extremist fundamentalist/evangelical Christianity.

and as for the VP thing, as I have mentioned in other threads, with McCain's age, to me, she is going to be scrutinized as a president since she has a great chance of being president

ohall
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
you obviously didn't read my last post

I cleared it up. This is her current church, Wasilla. It is not the Pentecostal one, but the one she currently attends. And it is extremist fundamentalist/evangelical Christianity.

and as for the VP thing, as I have mentioned in other threads, with McCain's age, to me, she is going to be scrutinized as a president since she has a great chance of being president

I read it after I posted, it doesn't change anything for me. No one went after Rev. Wright based on his religious beliefs they went after him because he hates this country and hates white ppl.

Sorry I don't see how these TWO situations are even remotely equal.

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
No Rev. Wright hates America and is a bigot. Also I believe Palin left the church in question 8-years ago rather than Obama who stayed in the American hating bigots church for 20-years.

Oh and a little hint to you ppl that support Obama, don't bring up religion, your guy will lose on that subject every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

The correct sentence is Rev. Wright hates American bigotry and treatment of others.. that's more correct than what you stated...He's been a part of our military, have you?

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 03:21 PM

Wait a minute, can't the VP become President in a heartbeat.. I don't agree with your permise.. the 4 should all be vetted..period...and equally...

WSE
09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
I read it after I posted, it doesn't change anything for me. No one went after Rev. Wright based on his religious beliefs they went after him because he hates this country and hates white ppl.

ok, I will explain how I think they are equal, even though they arent being portrayed as equal by the media (Fox spending 24 hours a day on Wright, spreading the black extremist nonsense)

ok. Reverend Wright- a big figure in the civil rights movement. You say he hates his country, I say he wants to improve (and has improved) the country through civil rights. The chicken coming home to roost comment was a quote from a former ambassador, saying that American actions abroad caused the terrorists to hate us and attack us. I dont consider that anti american, I consider that a political position more in depth than us- good guys and them= bad guys. The US does stuff, and some of it a lot of people dont agree with. Stating a disagreement with foreign policy is not unpatriotic imo, its just criticism that is well deserved.

Does he hate white people? I dont know, I think he hates what they have done to his people. He is one of those old school civil rights guys that feels even with the advancements, there are not complete civil rights in America. Look at the justice system for example. Look at schooling in minority areas. Stuff isnt completely equal right now, dispite much advancement.

Yes, Barack sat through these sermons. And yes, some stuff said was ridiculous (the aids comment). But, he seperated himself from religious and political talk. As he said, he went to church for religious guidance, not political sermons. He seperated himself, and nothing from his history shows he agrees with any of the extreme comments.

With Palin, she goes to a evangelical church. Her pastor invites a fringe group, Jews for Jesus to speak, and they do. And they say really controversial things, including how Israel is being attacked because they have not accepted Jesus as their savior. Thats degrading as a jewish american. And has Palin seperated herself from this evalgelical church at all? From these comments? Barack has always voted and pledged to keep church seperate from state, to keep his deep christian faith seperate from politics, and then we have Palin, who doesnt. She wants creationism tought in schools, has asked what it would take to burn books, and has said the US attacked Iraq due to gods plan. Its ridiculous.

Fox and company make such a big deal about a black church saying controversial things, but so little mention about this extremist Wasilla church. Its a black and white thing in my opinion. Middle america has a deep seeded fear about black extremism, and fox played that fear to a tee. This Palin church is more extreme, not only in their political views, but in their religious and social ones as well

and as a jewish american, I find the comments I mentioned a lot worse than "chickens coming home to roost". And the nominee still has not seperated herself.

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 03:26 PM

So he has so many white friends defend because he hates them...interesting..

When our ambassors and military leaders say we get attacked because of our policies aboard, why is that different from what Wright says...other than those 2 sound bites, which I know weren't hate.. prove to me that Rev. Wright hates whites and America...prove, I know ppl will jump on your bandwagan because of the 2 soundbites, but that's not enough, 1. He didn't say he hated America in those soundbites, and he also defended white woman in those same sermons...interesting that a person who hates whites would defend them too...so show me a life long pattern of Wright hating america and whites....I can't wait to read the evidence..:up:

Dolphan7
09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
With Palin, she goes to a evangelical church. Her pastor invites a fringe group, Jews for Jesus to speak, and they do. And they say really controversial things, including how Israel is being attacked because they have not accepted Jesus as their savior. Thats degrading as a jewish american. And has Palin seperated herself from this evalgelical church at all? From these comments? Barack has always voted and pledged to keep church seperate from state, to keep his deep christian faith seperate from politics, and then we have Palin, who doesnt. She wants creationism tought in schools, has asked what it would take to burn books, and has said the US attacked Iraq due to gods plan. Its ridiculous.This Palin church is more extreme, not only in their political views, but in their religious and social ones as well.If you are going to dislike something, at least know what it is you dislike. None of the things you accuse Palin of are true.

Book burning/lists - http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

Creationism - http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Gods Will - Was an encouragement to a church to pray for our leaders and our soldiers, that God be on their side. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing saying that our war in Iraq is God's will, but praying (hoping) that it is.

Palins' church and pentacostals and charismatics in general are not extreme, and are not worse than Rev Wright. These churches are well within the religion to practice as they see fit. Wright used his pulpit as a political tool. Huge difference.

As for Jews being punished for rejecting Jesus. Only God knows for sure. But would it shock you to know that God will give us bad leaders when we turn our back on him, as I believe we are witnessing right here in the US. And those bad leaders will undoubtedly bring about bad decisions, that effect many of the citizenry? This isn't an extreme view, but baseline christianity. The OT is chock full of examples of this, read Judges again when you get a chance.

WSE
09-17-2008, 04:10 PM
If you are going to dislike something, at least know what it is you dislike. None of the things you accuse Palin of are true.

Book burning/lists - http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

Creationism - http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Gods Will - Was an encouragement to a church to pray for our leaders and our soldiers, that God be on their side. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing saying that our war in Iraq is God's will, but praying (hoping) that it is.

Palins' church and pentacostals and charismatics in general are not extreme, and are not worse than Rev Wright. These churches are well within the religion to practice as they see fit. Wright used his pulpit as a political tool. Huge difference.

As for Jews being punished for rejecting Jesus. Only God knows for sure. But would it shock you to know that God will give us bad leaders when we turn our back on him, as I believe we are witnessing right here in the US. And those bad leaders will undoubtedly bring about bad decisions, that effect many of the citizenry? This isn't an extreme view, but baseline christianity. The OT is chock full of examples of this, read Judges again when you get a chance.

with the book burning, I was careful what I said in my post. This is what I said

has asked what it would take to burn booksand this is what your article says

According to the Anchorage Daily News, around the time Sarah Palin first assumed the mayorship of Wasilla back in 1996, she initiated some speculative discussions with the city's librarian about the possibility of removing some "objectionable" books from the public library:
In December 1996, [city librarian Mary Ellen] Emmons told her hometown newspaper, the Frontiersman, that Palin three times asked her — starting before

she was sworn in — about possibly removing objectionable books from the library if the need arose.

When the matter came up for the second time in October 1996, during a City Council meeting, Anne Kilkenny, a Wasilla housewife who often attends council meetings, was there.

Like many Alaskans, Kilkenny calls the governor by her first name.

"Sarah said to Mary Ellen, 'What would your response be if I asked you to remove some books from the collection?" Kilkenny said.

I said she asked about banning books, and yes, she asked about banning books. She didnt have the political power to actually do so, but she speculated and asked the librarian about it

Now as to wanting creationism taught, I never said that was all she wanted taught. Her is your article

On Aug. 29, the Boston Globe reported that Palin was open to teaching creationism in public schools. That's true. She supports teaching creationism alongside evolution, though she has not actively pursued such a policy as governor.

In an Oct. 25, 2006, debate, when asked about teaching alternatives to evolution, Palin replied:

Palin, Oct. 25, 2006: Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both. And you know, I say this too as the daughter of a science teacher. Growing up with being so privileged and blessed to be given a lot of information on, on both sides of the subject – creationism and evolution. It's been a healthy foundation for me. But don't be afraid of information and let kids debate both sides.

so she wants both taught. To you, that is a good thing, to me, that's a bad thing. Its wasting time of real science imo.

And yes, her church is a evangelical one. I am not talking about her old pentecostal one. This one is evangelical, and all evangelical churches are more extreme religious wise than Trinity.

And you defend the Jew for Jesus speaking all you want. Its not important to you. But for me its important that such foolishness got spoken in front of her, and she has not separated herself as of yet

Like I said, people tried to say Obama felt the way Wright did, when there is no documented evidence he holds the views, like the ones on AIDS for example. With Palin, there are documented cases on her using the church in her public office. No, she did not burn the books, but she asked about it. No, she has not made laws saying teach creationism (she would if she could), but she supports both being taught. And she has not distanced herself from disrespectful ridiculous comments coming from her place of worship like Obama did his.

Simply, to you, these things don't matter because you beleive what she beleive. You beleive creationism should be taught. You beleive, or allude to believing, in your post the junk that came from the Jew for Jesus. You believing it doesn't make the situation different.

I don't beleive anything from either church. I don't beleive religion from any church- I am jewish. And I see religious extremism in both cases.

ohall
09-17-2008, 04:31 PM
So he has so many white friends defend because he hates them...interesting..

When our ambassors and military leaders say we get attacked because of our policies aboard, why is that different from what Wright says...other than those 2 sound bites, which I know weren't hate.. prove to me that Rev. Wright hates whites and America...prove, I know ppl will jump on your bandwagan because of the 2 soundbites, but that's not enough, 1. He didn't say he hated America in those soundbites, and he also defended white woman in those same sermons...interesting that a person who hates whites would defend them too...so show me a life long pattern of Wright hating america and whites....I can't wait to read the evidence..:up:

You can keep defending that American hating bigot all you want. It still won't change the facts.

Do a google search of his speech when he threw Obama under the bus. All the evidence is there.

Dolphan7
09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
with the book burning, I was careful what I said in my post. This is what I said
and this is what your article says

I said she asked about banning books, and yes, she asked about banning books. She didnt have the political power to actually do so, but she speculated and asked the librarian about it

Now as to wanting creationism taught, I never said that was all she wanted taught. Her is your article

so she wants both taught. To you, that is a good thing, to me, that's a bad thing. Its wasting time of real science imo.

And yes, her church is a evangelical one. I am not talking about her old pentecostal one. This one is evangelical, and all evangelical churches are more extreme religious wise than Trinity.

And you defend the Jew for Jesus speaking all you want. Its not important to you. But for me its important that such foolishness got spoken in front of her, and she has not separated herself as of yet

Like I said, people tried to say Obama felt the way Wright did, when there is no documented evidence he holds the views, like the ones on AIDS for example. With Palin, there are documented cases on her using the church in her public office. No, she did not burn the books, but she asked about it. No, she has not made laws saying teach creationism (she would if she could), but she supports both being taught. And she has not distanced herself from disrespectful ridiculous comments coming from her place of worship like Obama did his.

Simply, to you, these things don't matter because you beleive what she beleive. You beleive creationism should be taught. You beleive, or allude to believing, in your post the junk that came from the Jew for Jesus. You believing it doesn't make the situation different.

I don't beleive anything from either church. I don't beleive religion from any church- I am jewish. And I see religious extremism in both cases.

So evangelicals are extreme? Sorry to break it to you but any protestant christian religion is considered evangelical. Evangelical simply means to spread the word of Jesus, and comes from the Great Commission, Matthew 28.

You are characterizing Palin as some sort of wacked out extremist, simply because you are offended by her comments, or her church, or what people say when they visit her church.

You are certainly entitled to be offended. I just think you are mis-characterizing her and giving the impression of intolerance.