PDA

View Full Version : Did Senator Obama change his mind?

FinFatale
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Yet Obama has made a point of courting evangelical Christians. A speech he delivered to a Christian group at a Washington church last June was described by the Washingtonian magazine as “perhaps the most important dissection of the role of faith made by any Democratic politician in half a century”.
In a bestselling new memoir, The Audacity of Hope, and in numerous television interviews, he has urged his Democratic colleagues not to “avoid the conversation about religious values”.
He said recently: “I think we make a mistake when we fail to acknowledge the power of faith in people’s lives. We need to understand that Americans are a religious people. Substantially more Americans believe in angels than in evolution.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article650085.ece

MoFinz
09-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Yet Obama has made a point of courting evangelical Christians. A speech he delivered to a Christian group at a Washington church last June was described by the Washingtonian magazine as “perhaps the most important dissection of the role of faith made by any Democratic politician in half a century”.
In a bestselling new memoir, The Audacity of Hope, and in numerous television interviews, he has urged his Democratic colleagues not to “avoid the conversation about religious values”.
He said recently: “I think we make a mistake when we fail to acknowledge the power of faith in people’s lives. We need to understand that Americans are a religious people. Substantially more Americans believe in angels than in evolution.”

OH GOD NO.....now he can't be President...he's forcing his religious views on everyone....CAST HIM INTO THE FIRE!

:rolleyes:

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM

he said that a long time ago when he was talking to progressives, someone even had the video on here way back in the early part of the dem primaries. So I guess the answer is no he hasn't changed his mind, it's been a part of his outreach efforts for the past 20 months..

FinFatale
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
he said that a long time ago when he was talking to progressives, someone even had the video on here way back in the early part of the dem primaries.

well did he change his mind then??????????? I know when he said it....the article I linked to is dated.........

MDFINFAN
09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
well did he change his mind then??????????? I know when he said it....the article I linked to is dated.........

I said NO, he hasn't, reread my post..:wink:

FinFatale
09-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I said NO, he hasn't, reread my post..:wink:

ok cool MD ! I guess I can't read when I am hungry! lol

poornate
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Acknowledging the power of faith is exactly what is going on here.... I see people acknowledging it as something that fundamentally affects someone mentally and physically... and then determining whether or not that affect is positive, negative, or even acceptable....

FinFatale
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
OH GOD NO.....now he can't be President...he's forcing his religious views on everyone....CAST HIM INTO THE FIRE!

:rolleyes:

you got my point, I don't know the attacks on Govenor Palin then........ya know??

MoFinz
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
you got my point, I don't know the attacks on Govenor Palin then........ya know??

I did. And i do. And i'm waiting anxiously for some of my brethren to come and castigate Obama with the same ferver and fire that they held Palin accountable for.

Seems some people think Seperation of Church and State is absolute and uncompromising....well, let's see 'em defend that now.:rolleyes: