PDA

View Full Version : Obama's America is Canada

BlueFin
09-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Interesting Washington times editorial, I for one, have no desire to become what Canada has become:

Mr. Obama's policies will result in stifling initiative and rendering America less meritocratic. This economic plan will have detrimental long-term effects, as has occurred in Canada. Canada suffers from a large "brain drain": Every year, many of the most talented, dynamic and enterprising individuals flock to America in order to escape the stagnation and limitations imposed on them by their government.
Mr. Obama is also proposing a host of government programs. He is suggesting increased spending for health insurance, homeowners who might default on their mortgage, the nation's infrastructure, and college tuition in exchange for public service, among others. As a result, he will render America less the land of the brave and the home of the free — and more the land of those who depend on the state.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jun/29/obamas-america-is-canada/

MDFINFAN
09-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Interesting Washington times editorial, I for one, have no desire to become what Canada has become:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jun/29/obamas-america-is-canada/

Thanks God, the land of free is becoming the land of the greedy, forcing goivernment to step in anyway...hope ppl was watching Bloomberg today on meet the press, Obama seem to be right on time with his proposal...it's more of a good mix of gov't and business.. We'll still be the land of the free, but a land where ppl have to be responsible.. Obama knows Canada's model and the pitfalls of it too.. the guy is not dumb..he studies unlike a certain canidate he's running against... Obama will ensure the mix is as good as he can get without going overboard, he spoke to that in a economic summit he had recently... Washington post also wrote that he ask iraq to hold their withdrawal and now we find that was a lie...so just like the repubs are weary of the press, allow the same for Obama.. Read some independent studies of Obama's plans, I think you'll be impress on their analysis. He like McCain's plan will cost, but is less costly than McCain's..

Dolphins9954
09-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks God, the land of free is becoming the land of the greedy, forcing goivernment to step in anyway...hope ppl was watching Bloomberg today on meet the press, Obama seem to be right on time with his proposal...it's more of a good mix of gov't and business.. We'll still be the land of the free, but a land where ppl have to be responsible.. Obama knows Canada's model and the pitfalls of it too.. the guy is not dumb..he studies unlike a certain canidate he's running against... Obama will ensure the mix is as good as he can get without going overboard, he spoke to that in a economic summit he had recently... Washington post also wrote that he ask iraq to hold their withdrawal and now we find that was a lie...so just like the repubs are weary of the press, allow the same for Obama.. Read some independent studies of Obama's plans, I think you'll be impress on their analysis. He like McCain's plan will cost, but is less costly than McCain's..

His plan is just like Mccain's plan that would put us in tremendous debt. Stop trying to sugar coat it. And stop using the lesser of two evils approach. DEBT is DEBT. And Obama offers us no change at all.

BlueFin
09-21-2008, 02:40 PM

There is no doubt reform is needed, but reforming to emulate Canada is not the answer, anybody who knows Canada intimately knows that all too well. My better half spent 27 years there.

MDFINFAN
09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
There is no doubt reform is needed, but reforming to emulate Canada is not the answer, anybody who knows Canada intimately knows that all too well. My better half spent 27 years there.

I just don't think we get to canada status, plus we have a congress, and repubs are still there..it doesn't happen.. Obama doesn't remind me of someone who wants to make government the end all, I think he's trying to address those things that keep us as Americans from being all we can be. Let's face it, even at high middle class status, college, in terms of paying for your kids is becoming less and less a option..it was rough for me, and I saw the bill get higher and higher each year... I have no idea how kids 5-10 years from now even have a chance.. I call that the dumping down of America if we don't figure that out. Health, it's rediculous for our country to be 37th in the world, This is how I see it..we can do a lot of things on our own, but when the cost get so outragious, we miss the point in terms of shared helping, it help all of us, to include businesses, which then can continue to provide health insurance for it's workers.. We let the current system keep going and no one, but upper class ppl will have it.. just look at the facts for yourself. Everything else we have to work hard for like all ways, that's just american.

MDFINFAN
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
His plan is just like Mccain's plan that would put us in tremendous debt. Stop trying to sugar coat it. And stop using the lesser of two evils approach. DEBT is DEBT. And Obama offers us no change at all.

I added that last sentence thinking of you...but you did see what happen this last week...there's no plan that will get us out of that in one swift shoot.. both canidates would have to acknowledge it will take some years to recover from this deficit. Even you have to admit that.. this year's deficit will be a wooper... it'll take at least 3 years to recover and that's after the economy starts going again. And that doesn't get rid of the debt..

Dolphins9954
09-22-2008, 08:17 AM
I added that last sentence thinking of you...but you did see what happen this last week...there's no plan that will get us out of that in one swift shoot.. both canidates would have to acknowledge it will take some years to recover from this deficit. Even you have to admit that.. this year's deficit will be a wooper... it'll take at least 3 years to recover and that's after the economy starts going again. And that doesn't get rid of the debt..

The economy won't "start going" again with all this debt and inflation. I don't care how much printed money out of thin air that you throw at it. It won't. The huge amount of debt and inflation not to mention a runaway spend happy government and candidates. Will all but seal our fate. Here's a "change". How bout a government and candiddates that don't put us in major debt. Or a Federal Reserve causing all this inflation. That would be the "change" we need. And the best thing to start the economy again. Printed money and bailouts will effect the poor and working class the most. Things will get even more expensive for them as inflation and the devalue of the dollar strangles them. Obama's economic plan will be no different at all from Bush and Mccain. And just like the article says. More people will depend on the state and big brother to take care of them. Not exactly the change we need.

FinFatale
09-22-2008, 12:56 PM
The economy won't "start going" again with all this debt and inflation. I don't care how much printed money out of thin air that you throw at it. It won't. The huge amount of debt and inflation not to mention a runaway spend happy government and candidates. Will all but seal our fate. Here's a "change". How bout a government and candiddates that don't put us in major debt. Or a Federal Reserve causing all this inflation. That would be the "change" we need. And the best thing to start the economy again. Printed money and bailouts will effect the poor and working class the most. Things will get even more expensive for them as inflation and the devalue of the dollar strangles them. Obama's economic plan will be no different at all from Bush and Mccain. And just like the article says. More people will depend on the state and big brother to take care of them. Not exactly the change we need.

Just like they do in Canada.

MDFINFAN
09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
[/B]

Just like they do in Canada.

Well we have ourselves to blame...we allowed free market without oversight, and this is what we get...have you had enough yet? So I guess we will be a little like canada until we can get our act together and the greed is cut to a limit.. and it's pure greed.. a fast buck, the very thing we've been taught all our lives, you can't get rich over night, well, on wall street, yes you can.. and the richer you get, the greedier ppl became, taking chances that didn't hurt them, but will destroy the average 401K'er.. I can take your money invest it in risky stuff, get a nice bonus for temporary growth too.. that's not hard to do....but doing the hard right over the easy wrong is becoming the norm in America..