PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss..from PFT

Dolfan3773
09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
A day after the Patriots were blown out at home by the Dolphins, there are increasing questions springing up about whether the attitude of wide receiver Randy Moss will become a problem.
Yesterday former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly said Moss is either injured or has lost a step (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/21/casserly-thinks-something-is-wrong-with-randy-moss/), and that Moss isnít showing much effort in his blocking.
Today the Boston Globe reports that Moss sat all by himself on the bench for most of the first half of Sundayís loss, that he didnít even try to reach for an overthrown Matt Cassel pass in the third quarter, and that he didnít turn for an underthrown ball that Cassel threw him at another point in the game.
When the Globe asked him about the adjustment to playing with Cassel, Moss said, ďYou like starting trouble, man (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/22/reading_receivers_moves/). Iím not going to answer that. Put it in your own column. Next question.Ē
On ESPNís (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) Mike and Mike in the Morning today, Mossís former teammate, Cris Carter, said that while he doesnít think Moss will become a distraction to the Patriots, he does think Moss has to be disappointed with the way this season is headed because, ďRandy went to New England to play with Tom Brady.Ē
Moss looked last season like he had a new lease on life, and by all accounts heís been a good teammate in New England. But what no one knows is whether he will still be a good teammate if the Patriotsí offense goes in the tank.

Punk boy is sad cause his boy toy is done and he knows he will NEVER have a chance to win a ring..I can't stand this guy and I love that the Pats are going through this!

Bumrush
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Great news out NE. Nothing like a locker room distraction to help accelarate the downward spiral they are headed towards :D

Nawledge
09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
so because Tom Brady's hurt Randy Moss is gonna cry about it...hes a big baby just like alot of other receivers in this league who think theyre so great. So what if Cassel aint as good as Brady, youre gettin paid millions of dollars to play the game. I hate Randy Moss, i could careless about his drama but i think its funny what a big crybaby he is

SabanHater
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
love it! did you see those fans yesterday? They were all in shock.

Myles Fynch
09-22-2008, 11:36 AM
This is the other side of the coin as to why Moss only brought a fourth round pick.

Bumrush
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
This is the other side of the coin as to why Moss only brought a fourth round pick.

Hey, maybe we can pick him up once Henne is ready for a 6th rounder :D

Predaphin
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Someone needs to change Randy Moss' diaper!

CitizenSnips
09-22-2008, 11:56 AM
This is what I, and many others I'm sure, was expecting from Randy last year. I expect this to get much worse soon.

Rhody Phins Fan
09-22-2008, 12:03 PM
He refuses to play with bad quarterbacks. He was bound to quit on Cassel.

MiggeMadness
09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
He refuses to play with bad quarterbacks. He was bound to quit on Cassel.

Yep, I saw this coming the second I saw Brady laying on the field....

Spray Mucus
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
love it! did you see those fans yesterday? They were all in shock.

one of my favorite part of yesterdays game. it looked like somebody pissed in all their clam chowders.

Lappy
09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
one of my favorite part of yesterdays game. it looked like somebody pissed in all their clam chowders.

the red or the white?

SuperMarksBros.
09-22-2008, 12:28 PM
the red or the white?
ahhh, i can never remember that!

actually, looked like someone put sleeping pills on their chowders. fans were passed out midway through the 3rd lol

Myles Fynch
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey, maybe we can pick him up once Henne is ready for a 6th rounder :D

With Beck deactivated and Marty Booker gone, I was wondering who our emergency 3rd string QB was going to be. Then Ronnie goes and throws a TD pass. Guess I have my answer.

Myles Fynch
09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
This is what I, and many others I'm sure, was expecting from Randy last year. I expect this to get much worse soon.

You may be right. One of the most powerful forces in the universe is a malcontent in a downward spiral.

:lol:

Marino613
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
the red or the white?

Wow! there are so many absolutely disgusting ways this can go...

Oh, and your Chowder red/white/pee question brings up some gross images as well :)

Drfletcherdc
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
With Beck deactivated and Marty Booker gone, I was wondering who our emergency 3rd string QB was going to be. Then Ronnie goes and throws a TD pass. Guess I have my answer.

You know that the 3rd string QB is always inactive but can come into the game if both qbs go down.

PHINANALYST
09-22-2008, 01:15 PM
actually there are '3' types of 'chowda' ....

red / white / clear .....

blevins29
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry but I don't agree with the comments here.
1) Moss played with a variety of poor and over the hill QBs in Minnesota and played well.
2) Moss did not play well in Oakland year 1 because no QB had enough time to get the ball to him - but he was their only bright spot that year. In year 2 he played half-heartedly on purpose in order to be traded.
3) He short-armed a pass against the FINS to protect himself. Why get clobbered (possibly injured) trying to catch an incatchable ball in a game you aren't going to win? If it is smart for QBs to slide - It is smart for WRs to not lay out for improbable catches.
4) He didn't seem sulking, angry, or malcontented in the post game remarks. In fact he was very complementary of Miami, very eager to get back to practice and correct what went wrong, and very professional in his remarks.
5) Randy is an unique talent and a moody individual, but his desire to win and to work hard to achieve success is there. I'd love to have him on the Dolphins.
6) His lack of production thus far is not due to him quiting - but to the limitations of a new, inexperienced, perhaps sub-NFL standard QB. He did have 4 catches (all short) yesterday while the top Fin WR had 5. Moss is not a short pass type of receiver. He is a down the field explossion type of guy and the PATS aren't confident enough in Cassel for that yet.

DDTDON
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM

It's chowda!!! LOL!!!! :sidelol:

Dolfan3773
09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry but I don't agree with the comments here.
1) Moss played with a variety of poor and over the hill QBs in Minnesota and played well.
2) Moss did not play well in Oakland year 1 because no QB had enough time to get the ball to him - but he was their only bright spot that year. In year 2 he played half-heartedly on purpose in order to be traded.
3) He short-armed a pass against the FINS to protect himself. Why get clobbered (possibly injured) trying to catch an incatchable ball in a game you aren't going to win? If it is smart for QBs to slide - It is smart for WRs to not lay out for improbable catches.
4) He didn't seem sulking, angry, or malcontented in the post game remarks. In fact he was very complementary of Miami, very eager to get back to practice and correct what went wrong, and very professional in his remarks.
5) Randy is an unique talent and a moody individual, but his desire to win and to work hard to achieve success is there. I'd love to have him on the Dolphins.
6) His lack of production thus far is not due to him quiting - but to the limitations of a new, inexperienced, perhaps sub-NFL standard QB. He did have 4 catches (all short) yesterday while the top Fin WR had 5. Moss is not a short pass type of receiver. He is a down the field explossion type of guy and the PATS aren't confident enough in Cassel for that yet.

He quit on the Vikings, Raiders and now he's quitting on the Pats. " I play when I want to play" thats a quitter. Thank god he's not on the Dolphins and thank god he's in NE being a locker room cancer. You dont go to a team, get paid alot money and be a cry baby when things dont go your way. I hate Randy Moss (dont get me wrong, he's very talented)

Joba-nator
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
K A R M A

remember folks, if you cheat, BAD stuff is bound to happen eventually

Vikeman
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM

They also threw in a bag of peanuts!

HughC
09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
With the exception of the alligator arms - sorry, no excuse for that from any receiver in my opinion - I have to mostly agree with blevins. Listening to Moss' post-game comments, he gave credit to the Fins for the win. The reporter that asked that question seemed to be baiting him into making a comment that could be taken negatively about Cassel, and Moss didn't fall for it. Rather than throw his new QB under the bus, he had his back. I also heard that the reporter that asked that question was the same one that made up the story about the Ppatriots filming the Rams walk-through just before last year's Super Bowl. If that's the case it's understandable that Moss reacted to the reporter that way. If anything, Moss's comments are more likely to unite the Pats locker room than divide it.

djfresh47
09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I think people are looking for a story that doesn't exist. Moss should be frustrated just like every WR in the NFL when his team loses. Going from scoring at will last year with one of the best Qb's ever to playing with a backup probably does get him frustrated. Every WR in the NFL takes plays off. One of the few that I see making efforts to block is TO and most probably don't want him on their team either.

Moss is a star player so he'll get the blame. Though if he was a more liked player such as a Tedy Bruschi would people start speculating? As for anybody quitting on the Raiders. Their whole management quit on that team a long time ago.

Iroquois Joe
09-23-2008, 11:32 PM
:sidelol:

Streaming out of the stadium in droves at the begining of the fourth. Looked so good on them.

Going to their little shanties to slobber into their stew and bean pots and mop up their tears with soda bread chunks.:boohoo:

I've sat until the end of every Bills loss (and there were many) at RW Stadium, standing to appluad at the end no matter if they deserved it or not. In all sorts of crap weather. Like any true fan would from any team. Fins, Jets,... anyone but the Pats and their cheesy bandwagon jumpers.