PDA

View Full Version : The incredible shrinking Obama

FinFatale
09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080919.wcomurph20/BNStory/specialComment/hom

taken from The Globe and Mail. Canadian newspaper

His acceptance speech in the Olympic-style stadium could not gather the inspirational energy of his earlier arias. Of late, the flash supernova of U.S. politics is seen "competing" with a second-on-the-ticket female governor of a remote state. There's more than a gap between the "audacity of hope" and "lipstick on a pig." The mouth that spoke the first phrase should not be capable of the second.

BlueFin
09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Very good article, very perceptive and accurate in my estimation.

MDFINFAN
09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080919.wcomurph20/BNStory/specialComment/hom

taken from The Globe and Mail. Canadian newspaper

And this is what I love about Obama, the ability to shift gears, flexibility...

It's all tactics from here on in.

And he had to do it, because he wouldv'e been painted by the repubs, instead he fought back, something Kerry should have done..

That blank screen is filling in, and it's looking like a work of art..one that can inspire and one that can bite when need be.. that's what I'm talking about...

FinFatale
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
And this is what I love about Obama, the ability to shift gears, flexibility...

And he had to do it, because he wouldv'e been painted by the repubs, instead he fought back, something Kerry should have done..

That blank screen is filling in, and it's looking like a work of art..one that can inspire and one that can bite when need be.. that's what I'm talking about...

Md. I didn't find that article very complementary to Senator Obama at all.........did you? or you just joking around with your previous post?

MDFINFAN
09-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Md. I didn't find that article very complementary to Senator Obama at all.........did you? or you just joking around with your previous post?

No, I found some of it at the begining complimentary and then down hill, the one thing I found toward the end and I put it in quotation is what in essence that whole article boil down to.. "It's all tactics from here on in."
Obama gave up the big rallies to concentrate on talking to ppl at smaller one. His convention showed he can still pull the big rallies in also... I think the article had it's point of view, and yet miss a lot of views that could counter it.. I decided to concentrate on the tactics..which I think the article alluded to, but didn't go into.. I just saw Obama in Jacksonville this past weekend and it didn't look like he's lost anything, especially crowd wise.. It's funny that some suggest that electing a black canidate is all some of us want to do...and of course there's those who hop on that idea quickly, and totally dimiss the intelligence of the man, the smooth run of his campaign, not having to fire a billion ppl, being right on so many issues, the man has real charisma, something you can't say about McCain..and I guess that's why the 'we want to elect a black man" to exercise the demons of white guilt..which is just rediculous, any excuse will do I guess. Those reasons defintely makes it easier for a real racist to say I'm voting white.. The majority of ppl, I hope, don't think about the color, but know it's there, and that the man has real promise and hope for our country through his demonstrated leadership, judgement, intellligence, policies, and inspiration...something we've been missing for a moment now.