PDA

View Full Version : Farvie and the Jets

MadDog 88
09-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Watching MNF indicates that the Jets got the 2005-2006 version and not the updated 2007 version of Favre. One and done perhaps??

elite14eva
09-22-2008, 09:46 PM
they look like garbage... farve stinkin it up.

Phinsfan210
09-22-2008, 09:47 PM
haha this makes me laugh. Man they are going to be in cap hell for a long time...

J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK

Dtronic
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Watching MNF indicates that the Jets got the 2005-2006 version and not the updated 2007 version of Favre. One and done perhaps??

That's what happens when he doesn't work out all off season. Not really sure what he was thinking, but THANKS FOR PENNINGTON!!!!!!!

Vaark
09-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe this'll suspend the media's continuous loop Slurpfest over him, at least for awhile

DefensiveEnd76
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
If we would've played the Jets like we did the PAts we'd be 2-1 right now. That sucks!!

Dolphins7273
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
If we would've played the Jets like we did the PAts we'd be 2-1 right now. That sucks!!

We didn't even have to play like we did yesterday. Heck if it wasn't for that goofy lob pass that nobody decided to intercept we would have won.

tcdrover
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
This is the Farve I was expecting to see when they played us.

I hope the jests lose, we don't want to face San Diego after a loss and their bye.

Really I just want to see the jests lose every game they play. :D

NRA
09-22-2008, 10:04 PM
if our o-coordinator doesnt call a jump ball
to ginn [of all people] in the endzone, we
would be 2-1, with 2 division wins and
looking good with lots of hope!!

so many are blaming chad for that play but
all he was doing was executing the play that
was called from above. and i bet he didnt like
it from the get-go!

oh well. there are still MANY holes in this team.

our wr's still stink and our db's are more than
suspect.

we can not just line up and beat teams, expecially
those with good passing attacks. the cards game
showed the real weeknesses of this team.

will the new formation/scheme be the ticket?

could be. the bills had there k-gun/spread type offense
and it worked [with various formations of it] for many
years. it was hard to scheme against it.

maybe miami has FINALLY got something?

time will tell. our wr's are very suspect.

so lets not get to far up in the clouds right now!

MadDog 88
09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
He looks really old and pathetic. Did you see that fat DL chase him down and catch him? He started at least 5 yards behind him and caught him as Favre crossed the line. The Jets will regret getting him in the long run. But as stated above:

THANKS FOR PENNE :hi5:

miamichael2
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
The Jets are finally getting exposed...from the beginning I never understood all the hype they were getting. They were 4-12 last year and really didn't look any better than the 1-15 Phins. A couple of stop-gap aged players and all of a sudden they are division contenders? It really made no sense. The only hope they have is if all of a sudden 2008 Favre turns into 1996 Favre. The Bills will win the East, Phins and Pats will battle for second. Jets will be pathetic again.

shula_guy
09-22-2008, 10:34 PM
That sack looking alot like a forward lateral to me.

nyjunc
09-23-2008, 05:42 AM

If we played like we are capable we'd be 2-1 or 3-0 right now, if's don't help either of us.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
If we played like we are capable we'd be 2-1 or 3-0 right now, if's don't help either of us.

The Jets are going to have one pissed off owner if the $100 million spent on the defense doesn't start paying off.

nyjunc
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
The Jets are going to have one pissed off owner if the $100 million spent on the defense doesn't start paying off.

The major reason the D struggled was b/c one of the big offseason acquisitions got hurt last night. The D looked completely different w/o him clogging the middle. We lost last night b/c of the offense not the D. I know we see 45 points and think it must be the D BUT of the 31 1st half points scored by SD only 3 came on a drive that started in SD territory. We fumbled setting them up depp in jet terriory for 1 TD, Favre the the INT for the TD fopr another, he threw another INt that et them up in jets terrioty for a TD and we foolishly tried an onside kick and failed so they got the ball again in great FP. The D didn't play well but we lost b/c of the offense's inability to score and their great ability to turn it over.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
The major reason the D struggled was b/c one of the big offseason acquisitions got hurt last night. The D looked completely different w/o him clogging the middle. We lost last night b/c of the offense not the D. I know we see 45 points and think it must be the D BUT of the 31 1st half points scored by SD only 3 came on a drive that started in SD territory. We fumbled setting them up depp in jet terriory for 1 TD, Favre the the INT for the TD fopr another, he threw another INt that et them up in jets terrioty for a TD and we foolishly tried an onside kick and failed so they got the ball again in great FP. The D didn't play well but we lost b/c of the offense's inability to score and their great ability to turn it over.

A decent defense would have held some of those short drives to FGs. Nice call on the onside kick though. Man-genius......:up:

SabanSucks
09-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Man-genius......:up:

Don't patronize the Jets fan. 31 points in the 1st half. Would have been 60 points had the Chargers not shown some mercy. Nobody is going to believe "everything is going to be okay" after a performance like that. Not even the most biased Jets fan.

feelthepain
09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Sorry, but I ain't buy'n it. I think it's only week three and there's a long season ahead. I think the Jets are far from done.

SabanSucks
09-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I think the Jets are far from done.

Based on what? Their 4-12 record last year? The lateral moves they made on defense in the offseason? The 27 points against they've allowed this year?

Or purely on Brett Favre?

feelthepain
09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Based on what? Their 4-12 record last year? The lateral moves they made on defense in the offseason? The 27 points against they've allowed this year?

Or purely on Brett Favre?

How bout the fact that it's JUST week 3, the Jets have played two division rivals and the Chargers. Which so far is a helluva lot tougher schedule then the Jags, Seahwaks and Raiders. Add to the Fact that Brett has been a Jet for what 5 weeks? It will take time before everything clicks.

SabanSucks
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Add to the Fact that Brett has been a Jet for what 5 weeks? It will take time before everything clicks.

So purely the Brett Favre addition then. 4-12 to playoffs in one season is a lot to ask of a 39 year old QB, no matter how good his career was.

feelthepain
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
So purely the Brett Favre addition then. 4-12 to playoffs in one season is a lot to ask of a 39 year old QB, no matter how good his career was.

I think everyone knows the Jets aren't the same team they were last year.

SpaceMountain16
09-23-2008, 01:04 PM

They are better

But not DRASTICALLY better, we're still talking about an 8 win team at best. Even with Favre trying to pull off miracles.

SabanSucks
09-23-2008, 01:07 PM

Vilma is the 6th leading tackler in the league right now.

milldog
09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
How bout the fact that it's JUST week 3, the Jets have played two division rivals and the Chargers. Which so far is a helluva lot tougher schedule then the Jags, Seahwaks and Raiders. Add to the Fact that Brett has been a Jet for what 5 weeks? It will take time before everything clicks.

By the time things start clickin they'll be 3-5 and pissed off they let CP go.

Brassmonki14120
09-23-2008, 02:23 PM

How can you make this statement when the phins just got done brutalizing the Pats.

As a Miami fan I'ld think you would agree on the "any given Sunday" and "that's why they play the games".

The Jets will play better as the season plays on. 7-9

Lappy
09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I think Brett played well last night. He wasn't the reason the lost the game by any means.

He did at times have some protection issues, but he threw the ball as well as he always has.

It's only week 3 in the season and he does have a lot to learn regarding the play book and receivers.

Don't get me wrong I hate the Jets but just because we won and they lost doesn't mean a thing at this point.

SpurzN703
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Well it is a team game. Both sides of the ball failed last night

BobDole
09-23-2008, 03:25 PM

i bet you **** yourself after jenkins left the game. you guys gave a ton of guaranteed money to someone who has spent the majority of his career on the DL. when healthy i think he's the best d lineman in the game, bar none. but you guys are s-c-r-e-w-e-d without him.

is there an update on the injury yet?

feelthepain
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
How can you make this statement when the phins just got done brutalizing the Pats.

In a 16 game season it's one game. Matt Cassel was the Pats QB and we hardly had much of a test against his inexperience. Sunday was a very winnable game.

As a Miami fan I'ld think you would agree on the "any given Sunday" and "that's why they play the games".

What does being a Dolphin fan have to do with those 2 quotes?

The Jets will play better as the season plays on. 7-9

Really? So who are the other 7 loses for the Jets going to be against?

SabanSucks
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
They are giving up close to 30 points a game. It's not that Favre is the problem, it's that he's not the solution. Jets are a terrible, terrible team. And there's no reason they should do any better than 2-4 in the division, or 6-10 on the season.

feelthepain
09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
They are giving up close to 30 points a game. It's not that Favre is the problem, it's that he's not the solution. Jets are a terrible, terrible team. And there's no reason they should do any better than 2-4 in the division, or 6-10 on the season.

Might I remind you the Giants were 1-2 after week three last year? Now I'm not calling the Jets the Giants, but no one thought the Giants would end the season pounding Tom Brady and the Pats into the ground in the SB after week 3 last year.

Also you say the Jets are giving up nearly 30 points a game, they gave up 14 week 1 and 19 week 2. That's not nearly 30 points a game even though it may avg out to be that after 3 weeks. The Jets have played by far the toughest schedule in the division in the first three weeks.

Finch83
09-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I am just curious as to where all the Jets fans went after their week one victory??? They were here after it talking all their smack but now they are nowhere to be found...hmmm.

I guess its cause they now have the same record as us (1-2) hahaha.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 06:59 AM

How is the D giving up 30 PPG? 14 week 1, 19 week 2, 41 week 3(the O gave up the other TD). That's 25 PPG and 41 of them came in week 3 which was mostly thanks to the O and STs. We turned it over 3 times leading to 21 pts then we tried an asinine onside kick which led to another TD. In the competitive portion of the game SD only scored 10 of 38 points on drives that began in SD territory.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
A decent defense would have held some of those short drives to FGs. Nice call on the onside kick though. Man-genius......:up:

Our D had played really well the first 2 weeks, we were bad on Monday but again the O killed us. The OS Kick call was horrendous, we finally got some momentum back cutting the deficit to 17-14 and we give SD a short field agaian.:boohoo:

Well it is a team game. Both sides of the ball failed last night

It is but the O killed us more, they kept setting the D up in bad situations.

i bet you **** yourself after jenkins left the game. you guys gave a ton of guaranteed money to someone who has spent the majority of his career on the DL. when healthy i think he's the best d lineman in the game, bar none. but you guys are s-c-r-e-w-e-d without him.

is there an update on the injury yet?

I haven't seen anything yet. Jenkins is a great player and that was a huge loss against a very good O. Agaianst a lesser O maybe we wouldn't have felt it as much but we were done after he was done.

I think Brett played well last night. He wasn't the reason the lost the game by any means.

He did at times have some protection issues, but he threw the ball as well as he always has.

It's only week 3 in the season and he does have a lot to learn regarding the play book and receivers.

Don't get me wrong I hate the Jets but just because we won and they lost doesn't mean a thing at this point.

Favre was awful, if you look at his stat line it looks decent but that doesn't tell the story. In the 4th qtr we were down 38-14 and the D got us 1 TD while Favre led us to a 4 yard TD "drive". he was awful and he had excellent protection most of the night, many of those sacks were on him which is to be expected right now since he's still not up to speed ont he O or w/ the receivers.

SabanSucks
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
How is the D giving up 30 PPG? 14 week 1, 19 week 2, 41 week 3(the O gave up the other TD). That's 25 PPG and 41 of them came in week 3 which was mostly thanks to the O and STs. We turned it over 3 times leading to 21 pts then we tried an asinine onside kick which led to another TD. In the competitive portion of the game SD only scored 10 of 38 points on drives that began in SD territory.

I would respond, but i don't want you crying to the mods about me annoying you anymore. So i'll just let it rest.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I would respond, but i don't want you crying to the mods about me annoying you anymore. So i'll just let it rest.

when have I ever complained about you? I don't even know who you are.

SabanSucks
09-24-2008, 02:55 PM
when have I ever complained about you? I don't even know who you are.

If that's true, then you should feel good knowing you have a fairy god mod on the board PM'ing people warnings on your behalf. I got one telling me to back off because i was annoying you.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
If that's true, then you should feel good knowing you have a fairy god mod on the board PM'ing people warnings on your behalf. I got one telling me to back off because i was annoying you.

Are you sure you don't have me confused w/ someone else? I never reported any of your posts. I can take anything that anyone throws at me.

Iroquois Joe
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Are you sure you don't have me confused w/ someone else? I never reported any of your posts. I can take anything that anyone throws at me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAXvTvO0TI

kilgore Trout
09-25-2008, 02:08 PM

The Jets played terribly on Monday night. They did not play with any passion and did not execute on offense or defense. Mangini did not have the team prepared and the in-game adjustments were non existent.

However, your post is blatant homerism. I don't think Jets are a terrible terrible team (what is your definition?) Just out of curiosity, you predict 2 division wins for the Jets and they already have one, where will the other win come from?

nyjunc
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM

I love how you can make a judgment like that after 2-3 games and only 1 bad game. The Jets D has had ONE bad game so the average doesn't tell you the whole story and by the way we are averaging 25 PPG against our D not 30.

SpurzN703
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Well the defense is still supposed to stop the offense, no matter where the drive starts.

Hell, if Miami was giving up 25 ppg, I think you'd use that stat as a knock on why they stink.

SpurzN703
09-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Bottom line is that it's early. If the Jets are 3-7 then yes, the Favre experiment would've have produced the results that were expected.

This is typical behavior of the fans of the NFL. Buffalo is 3-0 and so the fans think they're a lock for the playoffs.

Pats fans, I actually haven't heard anything from recently so that's a surprise.

Jets fans here are using the 'it's early' routine as to why they've struggled so far and that's okay, b/c it's true.

And some Dolphins fans here are overly excited about beating New England while others are more reserved.

This practice of early season BS has been going on forever and will probably continue. Right now, the Bills are in the driver's seat while the rest of the division looks to catch up. I'd wait to judge Buffalo until they play divisional games.

SabanSucks
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
you predict 2 division wins for the Jets and they already have one, where will the other win come from?

The Bills, Pats, or Fish.

nyjunc
09-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Well the defense is still supposed to stop the offense, no matter where the drive starts.

Hell, if Miami was giving up 25 ppg, I think you'd use that stat as a knock on why they stink.

You cannot use avreages after 3 games b/c 1 game skews those #s. Prior to Monday we were giving up 16.5 PPG. We had a bad game against an excellent offense.

kilgore Trout
09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
The Bills, Pats, or Fish.
Wow!!! You're really going out on a limb with this prediction. :rolleyes: