PDA

View Full Version : Crying time again...O' Jets fans where are you?

fishypete
09-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Come on Jets fans....where are you? How's the team doing with Favre...and the other high priced free agents?

You went for the ring....and it appears all your getting is more of the same. Lesson to be learned...you don't always get better with free agents....especially high priced free agents.

And NO....You can't have Pennington back...:sidelol:

GO PHINS!

Willy76
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
jets suck

CashInFist
j. e. t. s. ... SUCK SUCK SUCK !!!

DefensiveEnd76
Some Jets fans on their message boards wish they could have Pennington back. They are biatchin about Favre ...LMAO!!! :sidelol:

ChambersWI
09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
and to think, had our safeties not been out of position twice, we would've won.

fin-atic
09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Went to Gang Green.com. They are suicidal over there.

PS
Vernon Gholston just got his first NFL tackle. That's sad.

obxsnowboarderp
09-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, they are getting manhandled in the passing game atleast. They have stuffed the run pretty well though

obxsnowboarderp
09-22-2008, 10:44 PM

PS

Are you kidding me, his first tackle. I would rather have Ted Ginn then Vernon Gholston at this point with either the 6th or 9th pick

ChambersWI
09-22-2008, 10:57 PM

PS

looks like Finheaven did last Sunday

CitizenSnips
09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
guys...they're still ahead of us. so lets not get too proud.

fishypete
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Not for long....and they didn't replace appx 45 players...they didn't go after all those free agents and Favre just to be "ahead" of us.

finboss
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
They have gotten their butts handed to them tonight for sure. They have just scored a garbage time touchdown against the prevent and now Favre's stats are going to look a little better. San Diego looks pretty scary. Hell of a lot of talent on that team. If we lose to them it will be no disgrace.

Deep2Evans
09-22-2008, 11:22 PM
LOL @ the Jets.

PogiRo
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow. The ball was on the 3 inch line and they run a play from shotgun to get the 2-pt conversion. What a wussy team.

fin-atic
09-22-2008, 11:35 PM

Its never inapproriate to enjoy a Jet loss and misery of the Jet fans. It has nothing to do with our record and everythign to do with hating the jets.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Favre looks like Favre always does with mediocre players around him. he's a great QB, but he's proven this decade that he's not going to do much if he doesn't have a good supporting cast.

nyjunc
09-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Come on Jets fans....where are you? How's the team doing with Favre...and the other high priced free agents?

You went for the ring....and it appears all your getting is more of the same. Lesson to be learned...you don't always get better with free agents....especially high priced free agents.

And NO....You can't have Pennington back...:sidelol:

GO PHINS!

first off I never wanted Favre and I was happy w/ Chad, my worst fears about that move are coming true. Secondly, it wasn't a SB or bust season and it's still very early. looking at the sched we all expected 1-2 to start the season so we aren't in a different place than we expected. We just didn't expect to be tied w/ you guys, we assumed you'd be 0-3:D Favre getting adjusted is taking too long, will we have a chance by the time he gets it? I don't know. Next week is critical, we have to beat Ari at home and if we do we'll be in excellent shape as our sched softens after that. We'll see, we weren't crowing after week 1 and you shouldn't after week 3 especially since our lone win came against you.

nyjunc
09-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Favre looks like Favre always does with mediocre players around him. he's a great QB, but he's proven this decade that he's not going to do much if he doesn't have a good supporting cast.

He has an excellent supporting cast, just bas good as he had a year ago. Favre just isn't getting it done right now.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
He has an excellent supporting cast, just bas good as he had a year ago. Favre just isn't getting it done right now.

So the Jet's are good enough to go 13-3???? Please. Give me a break.

I'll rank the Jets ahead of the Fins right now, but as good as the Packers? No way.

nyjunc
09-23-2008, 08:16 AM
So the Jet's are good enough to go 13-3???? Please. Give me a break.

I'll rank the Jets ahead of the Fins right now, but as good as the Packers? No way.

We have alot of new parts, talent doesn't always equal winning but if this team was together all offseason or for a year or so then yes we could deifnitely win 13 games playing that weak NFC North sched they faced a year ago. Favre has plenty of talent around him, he has good RBsm he has good WRs, he has a good OL which has given him time to throw, he has good TEs. he has it all but they aren't executing right now.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
We have alot of new parts, talent doesn't always equal winning but if this team was together all offseason or for a year or so then yes we could deifnitely win 13 games playing that weak NFC North sched they faced a year ago. Favre has plenty of talent around him, he has good RBsm he has good WRs, he has a good OL which has given him time to throw, he has good TEs. he has it all but they aren't executing right now.

The problem is that you (like most fans) tend to over value the players on your favorite team. Many would have considered the AFC east a weak division last season. The Packers are clearly a better team than the Jets right now. They gave the Cowboys (a better team than the Chargers) a much tougher game than the Jets did last night.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 08:44 AM
The problem is that you (like most fans) tend to over value the players on your favorite team. Many would have considered the AFC east a weak division last season. The Packers are clearly a better team than the Jets right now. They gave the Cowboys (a better team than the Chargers) a much tougher game than the Jets did last night.

The AFC East was awful last season but the NFC North was terrible too and has been for a long time. As bad as the AFC East was a year ago we still had a great team to contend w/ and the AFC East is MUCH better this year.

What you are missing is Rodgers has been there for years, he didn't need to learn a new system and players overnight, they played in Lambeau and much like the Jets they weren't really in it in the 4th qtr and GB only ha 1 TO, we had 4-5 plus a dopey failed OS Kick.

Finch83
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
nyjunc, I know you are saying its not "SB or bust" but then why bring in a 39 year old QB and spend a gazillion dollars in free agency?

I think your coaching staff and front office are sweating bullets right about now.

Lucky for you guys, your schedule does appear to get easier but man, if you guys lose to Arizona, that really puts you in a hole.

As for the Fins, there is absolutely no pressure on us this season, we are completely rebuilding.:wink:

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 12:14 PM
nyjunc, I know you are saying its not "SB or bust" but then why bring in a 39 year old QB and spend a gazillion dollars in free agency?

I think your coaching staff and front office are sweating bullets right about now.

Lucky for you guys, your schedule does appear to get easier but man, if you guys lose to Arizona, that really puts you in a hole.

As for the Fins, there is absolutely no pressure on us this season, we are completely rebuilding.:wink:

when NE and Indy are in our conf it's hard to say SB or bust. The way things have shaken out maybe now that could be considered the goal w/ indy down and NE out but we better start winning. We knew it would take some time for Favre to adjust but we are running out of time.

jetsman
10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
It's early in the season and the team will gel very soon and then you can judge what we are,but up to this point no one really knows what the Jets are going to be this season.They have shown some signs of this happening and a loss to San Diego,who is an elite team in the league and I would argue at least as good and maybe a little better than Dallas,is nothing to get too emotional about.We got the Chargers A game after the screwing they got from the refs in the Denver game.They were out for blood and wanted it more than the Jets obviously.Losing Jenkins in the middle of our defense in the first quarter was a huge blow that had a lot to do with the final outcome.

I would welcome your opinions this week after you play the Chargers.Let me know what kind of team you just played when it is over with,will ya?I am not one bit deterred by that defeat.I think when things got out of hand they used the second half to work on Favre's chemistry with his receivers and it seems to be paying dividends already.This team is on the verge of being gelled and ready for the stretch run.We will be very relevent in the playoff picture this season.I have NO DOUBTS..........:up: