PDA

View Full Version : Why wonít Sarah Palin talk to the press?

finataxia24
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Why wonít Sarah Palin talk to the press? (http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2008/09/23/why-wont-sarah-palin-talk-to-the-press/)
Christian Science Monitor, MA - 30 minutes ago
John McCain, Barack Obama, and Sarah Palin were just too newsworthy. Not recently, however. Bidenís been all over the news. Some of his appearances have ...

finataxia24
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
so far she has done 2 interviews
biden has done like tons.
she will do another interview with Katie C. of CBS before debate with Joe Biden.

Tetragrammaton
09-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Because she has nothing to say. Its all over. Even FOX News is criticizing the McCain campaign for their lack of access to her and even to Johnny Boy.

finataxia24
09-23-2008, 06:10 PM
your right..

:woot::hi5:

Wildbill3
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Last time she did an "interview" it was hacked up to maker her look like a horrible choice of vp. surely that thread is still around here?

Dolphan7
09-23-2008, 06:36 PM
She's not ready. When she is she will give plenty of interviews.

Right now all the press wants to do is pull another Charlie Gibson and try to make her stumble.

Although I would like to see more of her too, I understand the reluctance to put her out there.

BillParFan
09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Last time she did an "interview" it was hacked up to maker her look like a horrible choice of vp. surely that thread is still around here?

She IS a horrible choice.

Palin Camp Goes To New Lengths To Shut Out Media (http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/23/politics/fromtheroad/entry4470968.shtml)

John McCain's presidential campaign (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080923/ap_on_el_pr/palin_leaders)has shielded the first-term Alaska governor for weeks from spontaneous questions from voters and reporters, and went to striking lengths Tuesday to maintain that distance as Palin made her diplomatic debut.
The GOP campaign, applying more restrictive rules on access than even President Bush uses in the White House, banned reporters from the start of the meetings, so as not to risk a question being asked of Palin.
McCain aides relented after news organizations objected and CNN, which was supplying TV footage to a variety of networks, decided to pull its TV crew from Palin's meeting with Karzai.

FinFatale
09-23-2008, 07:13 PM

True and I think she is smarter not to give the sharks a chance to taste her blood and make things into something they aren't at this point. The debates are close. They will have their chance then.

phinfan3411
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
She IS a horrible choice.

On the other hand Biden is a GREAT choice, and I am not kidding, I love him.

Other people love him also, for instance Rush announced today Operation Chaos II S.O.B. (Save our Biden). He is trying to make sure Obama doesn't dump him like many are saying. The stuff that comes out of his mouth is priceless.

Oh, and by the way, I am not kidding about this.

You will not catch me saying Biden was a bad choice, I think Obama proved the kind of decision maker he is....top notch!

Blackocrates
09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
She's not ready.

True, which makes me wonder why McCain even selected her. She's not ready for anything.

milldog
09-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I know I could definately hang out with her and her family and fit in just fine. I like to hunt, fish, play hockey and have a good time. She seems really cool. She's just a bad pick IMO! I still can't see why he chose her.

Tetragrammaton
09-23-2008, 11:57 PM
When discussing Palin's non-answer about the Bush Doctrine, David Gergen of CNN (that pinko commie station) said "Well, most people don't know."

WHAT!?! Most people? She is running to be Vice President!

phinman1
09-24-2008, 12:07 AM
On the other hand Biden is a GREAT choice, and I am not kidding, I love him.

Other people love him also, for instance Rush announced today Operation Chaos II S.O.B. (Save our Biden). He is trying to make sure Obama doesn't dump him like many are saying. The stuff that comes out of his mouth is priceless.

Oh, and by the way, I am not kidding about this.

You will not catch me saying Biden was a bad choice, I think Obama proved the kind of decision maker he is....top notch!

Coming from someone who supports a candidate that chose Palin? That's laughable.

Anyway, to answer the initial question of the thread? Why isn't she allowed to talk to the press? Because she is an ignoramus, that's why.

Oh, I know, it's because the big bad press will rip anything she says, even if it is laced with brilliance.:sidelol: Please. To appeal to the target audience they are trying to appeal to with her, she doesn't have to talk.

She just has to smile with that hair and glasses. Babble some scripted crap, and move on. Have her actually think on the fly? That would only ruin things.

animay
09-24-2008, 12:09 AM
how about the fact that the press is in the tank for Barack well except for fox

phinman1
09-24-2008, 12:15 AM
how about the fact that the press is in the tank for Barack well except for fox

Well, Obama spoke to Fox. Turned out OK because he actually is educated on the issues and isn't a general dumb***.

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 01:14 AM
She's not ready. When she is she will give plenty of interviews.

Right now all the press wants to do is pull another Charlie Gibson and try to make her stumble.

Although I would like to see more of her too, I understand the reluctance to put her out there.

Let me get this straight, you understand that someone who is one heartbeat away from the president should they get elected is not ready to talk to the media, you do know what you're implying here..don't you..you're basically saying the same thing we've all said, she's not ready to be president, less more vp.. You and I know, right now, they're behind close doors stuffing he with info, to include the fannie's aren't apart of the gov't..that was a big gaffe...they are trying to cut down on the amount of gaffes she'll make prior to the debates so she won't be called on them during the debates.. the only problem with that, is that the media will use the debates to go after her.. I think by then she'll be stuffed enough to probably do a good job, but it'll be buzz word soundbites and not real knowledge, but I think she can pull it off..but I'll still know the truth..and that's this woman don't know enough about how our gov't runs, less more any foreign polices issues... we need a thumbs down icon... I need to work on that..:lol:

Dolphan7
09-24-2008, 01:16 AM
I know I could definately hang out with her and her family and fit in just fine. I like to hunt, fish, play hockey and have a good time. She seems really cool. She's just a bad pick IMO! I still can't see why he chose her.
Ask your wife.

Dolphan7
09-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Let me get this straight, you understand that someone who is one heartbeat away from the president should they get elected is not ready to talk to the media, you do know what you're implying here..don't you..you're basically saying the same thing we've all said, she's not ready to be president, less more vp.. You and I know, right now, they're behind close doors stuffing he with info, to include the fannie's aren't apart of the gov't..that was a big gaffe...they are trying to cut down on the amount of gaffes she'll make prior to the debates so she won't be called on them during the debates.. the only problem with that, is that the media will use the debates to go after her.. I think by then she'll be stuffed enough to probably do a good job, but it'll be buzz word soundbites and not real knowledge, but I think she can pull it off..but I'll still know the truth..and that's this woman don't know enough about how our gov't runs, less more any foreign polices issues... we need a thumbs down icon... I need to work on that..:lol:Why you are at it, can you expedite my request for a "beat a dead horse" emoticon?
:)