PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Harvard Years: Questions Swirl

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/obama_harvard_/2008/09/23/133199.html

How exactly did Barack Obama pay for his Harvard Law School education?

The way the Obama campaign has answered the question was simply hard work and student loans.

But new questions have been raised about Obama’s student loans and Obama’s ties to a radical Muslim activist who reportedly was raising money for Obama’s Harvard studies during the years 1988 to 1991.

The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was “raising money” for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School.

WSE
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
just attach Muslim extremism/black extremism to anything, and there is a hate story about Obama

one, there is absolutely no proof of any of this- its bush league journalism from a conservative site

its rather easy to make stuff up, especially when no evidence exists. Just mudsling, and hope it sticks.

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 11:39 AM
just attach Muslim extremism/black extremism to anything, and there is a hate story about Obama

one, there is absolutely no proof of any of this- its bush league journalism from a conservative site

its rather easy to make stuff up, especially when no evidence exists. Just mudsling, and hope it sticks.

Have you researched anything in the article? I just put up for consideration. I can hardly think one can slam it as not true unless they do some research regardless of what " site " it came from. I haven't had time to look into a few of these allegations but I will, and I'd like to suggest you do the same.

WSE
09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Have you researched anything in the article? I just put up for consideration. I can hardly think one can slam it as not true unless they do some research regardless of what " site " it came from. I haven't had time to look into a few of these allegations but I will, and I'd like to suggest you do the same.

a guy says he heard this black panther type say he was raising money for Obama to go to school

that is the article.

its nothing. Its hearsay, and probably made up hearsay to boot.

I don't believe nonsense. I wont give it the time of day. This whole link Obama to anything Muslim or black power shi* is getting old. Its desperate measures to smear and run. Let a fake story float, and hope it catches steam

I don't need to look up nonsense. It is known Obama was raised Christian. Hell, even in Jakarta, after attending local public schools, he went to a Christian private school. He has been in a church his whole life.

hell, if somebody came to me today and said "McCain's father was a Nazi and Nazi's paid for his school" I would laugh and wouldnt give it another thought. Would that be wrong, not to dig further and give consideration? ...... no, because digging for nonsense is nonsense.

and Newsmax is garbage. They have printed false stuff about Obama already

here is an example I found from quick research

On August 9, 2007, Newsmax freelance reporter, Jim Davis, reported that Barack Obama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama) was in attendance on July 22, 2007 during a controversial sermon giving by Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_A._Wright,_Jr.) at Trinity United Church of Christ in South Chicago, Obama's place of worship.[9] (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/8/8/194812.shtml) The claim that Obama was in attendance for this particular sermon was repeated by Newsmax as fact again on March 16, 2008. [10] (http://newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_hate_America_sermon/2008/03/16/80870.html) A July 22, 2007 speaking schedule for the National Council for La Raza in Miami, Florida shows Obama as a scheduled speaker for 1:30pm. [11] (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/47475/) Video confirms he attended the conference and spoke during his allotted time. New York Times op-ed author, William Kristol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kristol), who relied upon the erroneous Newsmax articles in an op-ed article in the New York Times on March 17, 2008, [10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NewsMax#cite_note-9) provided the following retraction and apology later in the day, "In this column, I cite a report that Sen. Obama had attended services at Trinity Church on July 22, 2007. The Obama campaign has provided information showing that Sen. Obama did not attend Trinity that day. I regret the error." NewsMax is nothing but mudslinging garbage.

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=73649

WSE
09-24-2008, 12:02 PM
you counter a Newsmax "article" with an opinion piece from WorldNetDaily?

wow

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 12:03 PM
http://townhall.com/blog/g/c2df500d-0189-47d8-a454-54de9f6584c3

now if you scroll down on this link you can hear Sutton say this in his own words.........

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 12:03 PM

wow

regardless of the source do some research...........watch this video..........its Sutton himself..........

WSE
09-24-2008, 12:09 PM
regardless of the source do some research...........watch this video..........its Sutton himself..........

yea, like I said in my original post, its somebody (Sutton) saying he heard a black panther type asking for money for Obama

and like I said, that = nothing. Its hearsay. It has no proof, and no merit. Its like somebody coming on TV tomorrow and saying he/she heard McCain was a neo Nazi.

and like I said, I don't research mudslinging garbage. There is a reason this is only showing up on conservative blogs (Newsmax, townhall, worldnetdaily).

Maybe I should research if McCain really adopted a black child when I am at it?

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
well, maybe you should if you have questions as to the validity of it. I don't imagine any liberal news source is going to pulbish anything negative about Senator Obama just as no republican news source will do about Senator McCain that is why , to me and only in my opinon, it's important to research stuff myself. If you don't agree then you don't agree. By the looks our exchange we can agree to disagree.

phinman1
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
yea, like I said in my original post, its somebody (Sutton) saying he heard a black panther type asking for money for Obama

and like I said, that = nothing. Its hearsay. It has no proof, and no merit. Its like somebody coming on TV tomorrow and saying he/she heard McCain was a neo Nazi.

and like I said, I don't research mudslinging garbage. There is a reason this is only showing up on conservative blogs (Newsmax, townhall, worldnetdaily).

Maybe I should research if McCain really adopted a black child when I am at it?

Why do you even waste your time rebutting this trash.

phinman1
09-24-2008, 12:19 PM

Oh, I'm on pins and needles waiting for your report. Please hurry.:sidelol:

Tetragrammaton
09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I just put up for consideration.

How long are you going to play the "undecided voter" who is "just putting it up for consideration"?

Obviously this is ridiculous. I have posted Newsmax before, but only when it was backed up by real source material. Same thing with the Huffington Post.

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 12:42 PM
How long are you going to play the "undecided voter" who is "just putting it up for consideration"?

Obviously this is ridiculous. I have posted Newsmax before, but only when it was backed up by real source material. Same thing with the Huffington Post.

I guess I shall be undecided until I decide who I am voting for. I wish I didn't have to vote for either one of " two " parties. If you desire real source material do some of your own research as I am sure you did to back up your Huffington post posts. I don't see anywhere here that articles can't be posted for consideration by others and invite other opinons. If you have a problem with it, then it's your problem!!

Tetragrammaton
09-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't see anywhere here that articles can't be posted for consideration by others and invite other opinons. If you have a problem with it, then it's your problem!!

What you are doing is very similar to push polling.

"Would knowing that John McCain fathered a black child out of wedlock change your perception of him?" It doesn't matter if it is true or not, it is intended to mislead.

And you don't have to vote for the two parties. Depending on the state, there are about ten candidates running. But pretending you are undecided between preference for John McCain or Barack Obama doesn't make sense, especially when one looks at what you post.

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 01:12 PM
What you are doing is very similar to push polling.

"Would knowing that John McCain fathered a black child out of wedlock change your perception of him?" It doesn't matter if it is true or not, it is intended to mislead.

And you don't have to vote for the two parties. Depending on the state, there are about ten candidates running. But pretending you are undecided between preference for John McCain or Barack Obama doesn't make sense, especially when one looks at what you post.

I already know what I need to know about Senator McCain.................Senator Obama I was not familiar with. Now I am not going to explain to you anymore. If you don't care for the threads I post then don't respond, it's just that easy. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine, and if you care to believe that I have already made up my mind do so, sheeshhhhhhhh stop:boohoo:lol

BillParFan
09-24-2008, 03:46 PM

wow

Next quote will be by Rush or O'Liely!:lol:

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Next quote will be by Rush or O'Liely!:lol:

Well Mr. Bill why don't you post something that proves that article wrong..........I mean something besides Senator Obama's camp denying the allegations because that is already in the article.......

BillParFan
09-24-2008, 04:12 PM

For YOUR consideration........

McCain and the POW Cover-up (http://www.nationinstitute.org/p/schanberg09182008pt1)

The "war hero" candidate buried information about POWs left behind in Vietnam

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 04:20 PM
For YOUR consideration........

Thank you. I am printing the article out as I type. I have read several accounts of this allegation but not this particular one.....

Blackocrates
09-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Well Mr. Bill why don't you post something that proves that article wrong

It's not up to anybody to prove your assertion/article wrong, it's up to the article/assertion to prove itself right.

On a side note, Finfatale are you serious about being undecided? You seem to be about as undecided as D7. Let me go out on a limb and predict that you will vote for...drum roll... McCain. :wink:

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 05:20 PM
It's not up to anybody to prove your assertion/article wrong, it's up to the article/assertion to prove itself right.

On a side note, Finfatale are you serious about being undecided? You seem to be about as undecided as D7. Let me go out on a limb and predict that you will vote for...drum roll... McCain. :wink:

Mr. Fish
don't go out on that limb quite yet. The debates are an important issue for me.
and I have not asked anyone to prove me wrong I never said the article was RIGHT I asked for opinon and consideration.......there is a difference.....often when people debate the rights or wrongs, ins and outs, it brings out issues not always thought of by everyone........and as with each article I read if I am undecided as the truth in that article I research other sources.........check it out.
anyway Get back off that limb just yet...................k?

Blackocrates
09-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Mr. Fish
don't go out on that limb quite yet. The debates are an important issue for me.
and I have not asked anyone to prove me wrong I never said the article was RIGHT I asked for opinon and consideration.......there is a difference.....often when people debate the rights or wrongs, ins and outs, it brings out issues not always thought of by everyone........and as with each article I read if I am undecided as the truth in that article I research other sources.........check it out.
anyway Get back off that limb just yet...................k?

I don't know, if I was a betting man I think I could win some easy money betting that you're going with McCain. Why would a conservative vote for Obama? Based on what I've seen of your posts, you're never on the side of Obama. No biggie though, I just get a little chuckle when I hear some of our resident conservatives claim they are considering voting for Obama when all they do is attack or disagree with him. :)

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't know, if I was a betting man I think I could win some easy money betting that you're going with McCain. Why would a conservative vote for Obama? Based on what I've seen of your posts, you're never on the side of Obama. No biggie though, I just get a little chuckle when I hear some of our resident conservatives claim they are considering voting for Obama when all they do is attack or disagree with him. :)

Mr. Fish.
I researched and discussed Senator McCain on another blog site before I signed onto this one. lol, Now it's Senator Obama's turn . I am not a Republican, infact I would have like to have had Ron Paul in the running.
Never assume Mr. Fish!

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/obama_harvard_/2008/09/23/133199.html

Not this again...didn't we do this doing the dem primary..here we go again, let me go back and find the links and yet again put this to rest..:rolleyes:

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Not this again...didn't we do this doing the dem primary..here we go again, let me go back and find the links and yet again put this to rest..:rolleyes:

I'd appreciate that MD I can't seem to find a whole lot to debunk it all.

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Well Mr. Bill why don't you post something that proves that article wrong..........I mean something besides Senator Obama's camp denying the allegations because that is already in the article.......

you guys always go to the smuck factories on the net, and there's plenty right wing smuck factories nets on the web...

but here, a little more reasoned site. I was hoping this stuff was still up since this was asked during the dem primary.

Sutton supported Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary and was quoted saying of Obama at the time, "We don't know the other person in this election — we've never met him."

UPDATE: I spoke to Mansour Thursday evening, who said he'd avoided directly contradicting the story out of respect for Sutton, "a dear friend, his health is not good."

But pressed, he denied all the details of Sutton's story.

"The scenario as it related to me did not happen," he said.

Mansour said he admires Obama, but first heard of him when a relative sent him a copy of Obama's 2004 convention speech.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_camp_denies_Sutton_story.html

The Obamas complain about their college debt, but they did attend expensive schools. Obama took out $42,753 in loans to pay for Harvard tuition. Michelle signed notes for $40,762 in loans for her Harvard years.

Obama had a full scholarship for his freshman year at Occidental, taking out loans -- the best I could get was "tens of thousands" to pay for the rest of his undergraduate school, with some help from his grandparents. At Princeton, as mentioned, Michelle had the work-study grant, got some help from her folks and took out "tens of thousands" of loans to pay tuition.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1064437,CST-NWS-sweet20.article

It's easier to find the negative junk out there..

Dolphan7
09-24-2008, 06:21 PM
So this ones debunked?

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
MD? so are you saying that the video of Sutton saying this is made up? the link to the last article is to a bias source ...............I'd like to find some sources on this that aren't bias....do you have any of those?

what makes any of the stuff you posted any more accurate than the other article is my point

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 08:44 PM
So this ones debunked?

D7 I am looking for some reliable resources that aren't bias. I'd like to see his records from Harvard.......has he released them?? One would think that Sutton's letter, ( the one he speaks of in that video), would be in there? that is just an example. I don't think you can take articles leaning one way or the other can claim them as fact unless you can uncovered other sources to back it up. Md has posted some quotes but are they unbiased?
I don't believe they are and that was my point to him

MD? perhaps you know if he has ever released his Harvard records???? Anything I have read says NO.

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
D7 I am looking for some reliable resources that aren't bias. I'd like to see his records from Harvard.......has he released them?? One would think that Sutton's letter, ( the one he speaks of in that video), would be in there? that is just an example. I don't think you can take articles leaning one way or the other can claim them as fact unless you can uncovered other sources to back it up. Md has posted some quotes but are they unbiased?
I don't believe they are and that was my point to him

MD? perhaps you know if he has ever released his Harvard records???? Anything I have read says NO.

These arn't leaning articles, these are independent sources who researched this when it first came up back in the dem campaign, that's why I said I hope the results were still out there...It was also debunk on national news, that's why fox isn't talking about it.. they tried way back when, but it got debunk... otherwise fox would have made it a rev. wright moment...think about it. This isn't new, it's been out there for a long time, it's mostly been underground trying to keep the less read on the take..

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
MD? so are you saying that the video of Sutton saying this is made up? the link to the last article is to a bias source ...............I'd like to find some sources on this that aren't bias....do you have any of those?

what makes any of the stuff you posted any more accurate than the other article is my point

Yes, it's made up, at the time, and rightfully so, Sutton was a Clinton supporter, and he was debunked by the guy he tried to used. Politico isn't a left leaning paper... but this is a underground smear tactic...he said it as a part of the dem campaign trying to help Hillary...again that's when this came up, that's why I know the story so well..a lot of others debunked it as well, I just need to find all those links from the time...but this was back in Jan\Feb time frame..give me some time..but the story is not true...Obama had actual loans verified by reliable sources...it stoped the story here. Reporters actually researched this..

FinFatale
09-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Yes, it's made up, at the time, and rightfully so, Sutton was a Clinton supporter, and he was debunked by the guy he tried to used. Politico isn't a left leaning paper... but this is a underground smear tactic...he said it as a part of the dem campaign trying to help Hillary...again that's when this came up, that's why I know the story so well..a lot of others debunked it as well, I just need to find all those links from the time...but this was back in Jan\Feb time frame..give me some time..but the story is not true...Obama had actual loans verified by reliable sources...it stoped the story here. Reporters actually researched this..

ok thanks MD. The story must have resurfaced as the post I made in the thread was written on September 23.
I asked about his harvard records. do you know if they have been released?

Gonzo
09-24-2008, 10:58 PM
McCain sells children on the black market to fund his Vicodin habit. He also runs a puppy mill and karate chops midgets.

No, I don't need to provide proof. It's up to you to prove me wrong.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM
McCain sells children on the black market to fund his Vicodin habit. He also runs a puppy mill and karate chops midgets.

No, I don't need to provide proof. It's up to you to prove me wrong.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:lol

milldog
09-25-2008, 09:48 AM
One needs to look no farther than how great of a rating this thread is!