PDA

View Full Version : McCain Suspends Campaign to Help With Bailout

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this since McCain doesn't chair any financial committees....It's a good ploy, it may work, some will go for it.. but I'm not sure, I think it's the country first campaign slogan, or the 9 points behind in poll numbers he saw this morning, even thought I think those numbers aren't real...anyway..

“At 8:30 this morning, Senator Obama called Senator McCain to ask him if he would join in issuing a joint statement outlining their shared principles and conditions for the Treasury proposal and urging Congress and the White House to act in a bipartisan manner to pass such a proposal. At 2:30 this afternoon, Senator McCain returned Senator Obama’s call and agreed to join him in issuing such a statement. The two campaigns are currently working together on the details,” spokesman Bill Burton said.

John McCain announced that he will suspend his presidential campaign on Thursday to return to Washington to help with bailout negotiations. He urged his opponent Barack Obama to do the same.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/mccain-suspends-campaign-to-help-with-bailout/

LouPhinFan
09-24-2008, 04:17 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/campaign.wrap/index.html

Republican presidential candidate John McCain announced Wednesday that he is suspending his campaign to return to Washington and focus on the "historic" crisis facing the U.S. economy...

MoFinz
09-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Smartest piece of one upsmanship ive seen in a campaign in quite a while......Obama's stupid not to fall in line....paints McCain to care more about the country than the office, while Obama looks like an opportunist who only wants to change the furniture in the White House.

Might not work in the end, but definitely a good play in the chess match

banzaitrey
09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
This will hurt the University a ton. I attend Ole Miss and everything for the past two months has been debate related and we have been preparing for this for two years. It has been hectic since the news hit that McCain wanted to cancel debate.

Dolphins9954
09-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this since McCain doesn't chair any financial committees....It's a good ploy, it may work, some will go for it.. but I'm not sure, I think it's the country first campaign slogan, or the 9 points behind in poll numbers he saw this morning, even thought I think those numbers aren't real...anyway..

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/mccain-suspends-campaign-to-help-with-bailout/

Now we need to get Mccain and Obama to suspend their economic and tax plans. Then we would all be better off.

phinman1
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Politicizing a crisis, ah yes.

Hey John, I thought the fundamentals of the economy were strong? What happened? Guess you were dead wrong. No surprise there.

Guess with that plane of his he can't get from Washington to Mississippi in time. Doesn't even have a Friday evening to spare in order to inform the country of exactly what his plan is. Isn't this the time when we need to hear from these guys the most?

It is what it looks like. A political ploy from a politician whose numbers have been going down.

Also, I'm of the opinion that the potential POTUS should be able to handle two things at once.

Blackocrates
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
This will hurt the University a ton. I attend Ole Miss and everything for the past two months has been debate related and we have been preparing for this for two years. It has been hectic since the news hit that McCain wanted to cancel debate.

That's sucks.

McCain shouldn't cancel the debate, people have been waiting for this for a while. His presence in DC isn't going to help the economy.

Blackocrates
09-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Now we need to get Mccain and Obama to suspend their economic and tax plans. Then we would all be better off.

:lol:

MoFinz
09-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Politicizing a crisis, ah yes.

Hey John, I thought the fundamentals of the economy were strong? What happened? Guess you were dead wrong. No surprise there.

Guess with that plane of his he can't get from Washington to Mississippi in time. Doesn't even have a Friday evening to spare in order to inform the country of exactly what his plan is. Isn't this the time when we need to hear from these guys the most?

It is what it looks like. A political ploy from a politician whose numbers have been going down.

Also, I'm of the opinion that the potential POTUS should be able to handle two things at once.

:rolleyes:

When Obama walks on water, it turns into wine, because unlike Jesus, Obama CAN multi-task:lol:

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Smartest piece of one upsmanship ive seen in a campaign in quite a while......Obama's stupid not to fall in line....paints McCain to care more about the country than the office, while Obama looks like an opportunist who only wants to change the furniture in the White House.

Might not work in the end, but definitely a good play in the chess match

If ppl go for it, then we know our educational system needs changing.. the ol one up them.. Obama calls at 8:30 am and suggest a join plan, McCain announced at 2:30, I accept Obama's call and will one up you...

If we can't see throught that, we really need our heads examined..

Dolphan7
09-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I was wondering which candidate would do this. Just noting that if it was Obama, it would be praise from the Obamaites!

WSE
09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
good political move by McCain.....

MDFINFAN
09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I was wondering which candidate would do this. Just noting that if it was Obama, it would be praise from the Obamaites!

I would have called it crazy of him, just when he's getting the momentum, to cut off his campaign would have been stupid to me..

Dolphan7
09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I would have called it crazy of him, just when he's getting the momentum, to cut off his campaign would have been stupid to me..Of course you would have MD. :rolleyes:

BillParFan
09-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Won't turn out that way!

McCains just running from the debate, just as he ran out on Letterman.

Letterman blasts McCain.........
:rotfl1:

David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"
Drudge (http://drudgereport.com/flash3cbm.htm)

MoFinz
09-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Won't turn out that way!

McCains just running from the debate, just as he ran out on Letterman.

Letterman blasts McCain.........
:rotfl1:

Drudge (http://drudgereport.com/flash3cbm.htm)

Yeah, he's so scared. After that debate at Saddleback and all those Townhall debates Obama dominated Mccain....whoops:sidelol:

ih8brady
09-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, he's so scared. After that debate at Saddleback and all those Townhall debates Obama dominated Mccain....whoops:sidelol:

The audience won't be a crowd of Theron Ware's and McCain won't be allowed to hear Obama's answers and know the questions ahead of time.

BillParFan
09-24-2008, 11:56 PM

McCain hasn't voted in congress since April 8th.:err:

McCain has refused to hold a press conference for the past month.:d-day:

McCain said on 9-15 "Our economy, I think still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong.":shakeno:

Yesterday McCain admitted he had not bothered to read the Bush giveaway. ""I have not had a chance to see it in writing. I have to examine it."

Palin is disaster in Couric interview, which is likely why McCain bailed on Letterman to attempt to score points with Couric.:unsure:

Is McCain worried about the bailout? Not likely, but canceling his and Palins debates sure is. :up:

Keating 5

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 12:04 AM
McCain hasn't voted in congress since April 8th.:err:

McCain has refused to hold a press conference for the past month.:d-day:

McCain said on 9-15 "Our economy, I think still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong.":shakeno:

Yesterday McCain admitted he had not bothered to read the Bush giveaway. ""I have not had a chance to see it in writing. I have to examine it."

Palin is disaster in Couric interview, which is likely why McCain bailed on Letterman to attempt to score points with Couric.:unsure:

Is McCain worried about the bailout? Not likely, but canceling his and Palins debates sure is. :up:

Keating 5

Drink the KoolAid .....go ahead...drink the KoolAid.....what does Obamasaurus Rex taste like anyway?

poornate
09-25-2008, 12:10 AM

You know... when I first heard this I thought the same thing... but on reflection, I think this will turn out badly for him... I think that it will be veiwed as a desperate way to pile on the situation and get credit...

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 12:19 AM
I think this move shows leadership and is right in line with his direction for the country.

He told us "I work for you".

And so he demonstrated that at a time in our history where politics takes a second seat to the crisis we face. He put country over politics and his personal campaign for the WH and went back the work on a very important issue.

It just amazes me that if Obama had done the same thing, all the Obama-ites would be reversing direction and praising him for this bold and decisive move, doing the countries work first and showing leadership etc etc etc....

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Wow. I expected better discussion than this.

Ok, first of here's a newsflash. Obama said that he doesn't feel the need to suspend his campaign as the President of the United States should be able to do more than one thing at a time. OK, you guys ready for this??

NEITHER OF THEM ARE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNTIED STATES!!!

They are both sitting senators from the respective states and seeing how we are possibly on the verge of an econimic meltdown which has been seen in our nation since 1929 and the Great Depression, their place is in Washington right now!!! This is one thing that always pisses me off about senators running for President. They're TOO BUSY running for President to do the damned job they were elected to do in the first place!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!

Secondly, I saw on the news last night on AFN that this $700 billion economic bailout plan rests in the hands of McCain. Most republican in Washington oppose it. Most democrats are FOR it. Now, if McCain votes FOR it, the republicans would be stupid and would be committing political suicide for voting AGAINST their party presidential nominee. Suicide in that they would either be voted out of office, or executive suicide by handing the presidency to Obama by opposing McCain.

So for all of you who are belittling and opposing and degrading McCain for this move, you should definitely reconsider your position. What you are wanting in this economic bailout rests in his hands, not Obama's.

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 08:08 AM
I find it funny that you guys think so much about these debates. What solutions does McBama have? What plan does McBama have? What exactly are you going to hear that's different than the status quo that both candidates are offering. That their going to add another 4 to 5 trillion to the debt. That they support the Federal Reserve and the bailouts. That they will do nothing about the fiscal insanity that is Washington. That they will end the Patriot Act and FISA. That they will end the war. That they will all of a sudden "change" and offer us something besides the continuation of the same exact policies that have gotten us into this mess. I don't think so.

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Here I'll do you guys a favor and show you what the debates will sound like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WiE6MnmCM

Like I said before. You're not missing much. If Mccain doesn't do the debate. Then Obama should debate one of the third party candidates. Now that would be worth watching.

Ferretsquig
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
They are both sitting senators from the respective states and seeing how we are possibly on the verge of an econimic meltdown which has been seen in our nation since 1929 and the Great Depression, their place is in Washington right now!!! This is one thing that always pisses me off about senators running for President. They're TOO BUSY running for President to do the damned job they were elected to do in the first place!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!

Why would you want McCain or Obama influencing how this bailout package is constructed? Do you seriously think if asked what the consequences of action or inaction would be McCain could come up with a coherent answer?

poornate
09-25-2008, 10:31 AM
September 25, 2008
McCain camp to propose postponing VP debate
Posted: 09:30 AM ET

(CNN) — McCain supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis.

In this scenario, the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin would be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined, and take place in Oxford, Mississippi, currently slated to be the site of the first presidential faceoff this Friday.

Graham says the McCain camp is well aware of the position of the Obama campaign and the debate commission that the debate should go on as planned — but both he and another senior McCain adviser insist the Republican nominee will not go to the debate Friday if there's no deal on the bailout.

...and now it all becomes clear... Here's the plan in bright light for all to see...

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 10:51 AM
...and now it all becomes clear... Here's the plan in bright light for all to see...

What's the big deal about delaying the debate by a few days?

It's not like your're missing anything. The candidates have nothing to offer besides more of the same. So it doesn't matter if you hear BS on Friday. Or BS on Monday. You will still get your dose of BS guaranteed.

poornate
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to hear the same saminess spew out of their lying same mouths.... Perhaps without having one of the candidates use a national crises to delay or prevent their sham of a choice for VP being exposed as a political naif, in all facets of the relevant issues... Just more of the same... samey same...
same....

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I just wanted to hear the same saminess spew out of their lying same mouths.... Perhaps without having one of the candidates use a national crises to delay or prevent their sham of a choice for VP being exposed as a political naif, in all facets of the relevant issues... Just more of the same... samey same...
same....

Like I said you will still get your dose of BS. You will still get to see both candidates offer us the same exact thing. No reason to get all bent out of shape about it. Here I'll give you a preview of what's to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WiE6MnmCM

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
same....

ahhhhh the great Bail-out Conspiracy orchestrated by the McCain camp.
Good gravy!! what next???????????????

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 11:24 AM
:sidelol:

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Just heard it on AFN News. You gotta be kidding me!!!! Senate Majority Leader Harry has criticized John McCain for returning to Washington to work on the finanical bailout, saying that "he's not needed"...

And yet back in June, the SAME Harry Reid PRAISED Barack Obama for returning to Washington on some "key votes" (network reporter didn't say "which" votes) and criticized McCain for his absence, stating that McCain must be more interested in campaigning for President.

Talk about a double standard and how in the midst of an economic collapse of our nation, one of these senators return to Washington to do their job...one continues to campaign for a new job.

Talk about hypocracy!!!!

phinman1
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
What's the big deal about delaying the debate by a few days?

It's not like your're missing anything. The candidates have nothing to offer besides more of the same. So it doesn't matter if you hear BS on Friday. Or BS on Monday. You will still get your dose of BS guaranteed.

It's a big deal to the McCain camp because Palin is so inept on the minutia of the issues, that any postponement buys them time.

See, what they would like to do is keep her from actually speaking in an ad lib situation as long as they possibly can. They would love to continue to just roll her out there with her glasses and hair (and optimally with a gun and in a bikini, but that may be a bit much) and smile speaking only from a script.

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 11:42 AM
It's a big deal to the McCain camp because Palin is so inept on the minutia of the issues, that any postponement buys them time.

See, what they would like to do is keep her from actually speaking in an ad lib situation as long as they possibly can. They would love to continue to just roll her out there with her glasses and hair (and optimally with a gun and in a bikini, but that may be a bit much) and smile speaking only from a script.

I love the intellectual superiority that is perpetually played by the left....anyone on the GOP side is obviously senile or inept...nevermind theyve served 20 years or ran a state with a majority approval rating. Yeah, real dolts, those GOP members.

Seriously, has anyone criticized Barack or Biden as stupid or inept? And they both have enough gaffes and missteps between them to fill a crater. But nobody calls them stupid or senile.

But what should i expect. NASCAR fans impersonating politicos......fun fun fun:rolleyes2:

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Well if Palin is as inept as you make it seem, a couple more weeks won't change that. I mean you can't just become this sage of economic and foreign policy overnight. So what is the big deal? I mean it's not like there is this CRISIS facing the nation that needs to be dealt with or anything right? I mean if that were the case .........

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Well if Palin is as inept as you make it seem, a couple more weeks won't change that. I mean you can't just become this sage of economic and foreign policy overnight. So what is the big deal? I mean it's not like there is this CRISIS facing the nation that needs to be dealt with or anything right? I mean if that were the case .........

Will you please stop making sense? It doesn't make one popular on this board.................lol

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 11:48 AM

No D7..you don't get it. This is just a GLOBAL financial emergency that needs to be dealt with.

OBAMATRON can deal with that, throw the cat out the window, take a shower, get dressed, walk downstairs, make breakfast, eat, catch Olbermann on DVR and be outside to ctach the cat before it hits the ground. This is OBAMATRON....a puny global crisis is as easy to solve for him as a childs puzzle....just another puny detail to the awesomeness that we know as OBAMATRON

phinman1
09-25-2008, 11:54 AM

Yeah, and John McCain is so vital to the process of getting the mess solved.:sidelol: Even McCain admitted economics "isn't his thing".

For the sake of argument I'll assume he has some legitimate reason to be in Washington. However, why can't he fly in his jet Friday evening and land in Mississippi and debate? Why can't he inform the people of HIS PLAN in this time of crisis?

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
No D7..you don't get it. This is just a GLOBAL financial emergency that needs to be dealt with.

OBAMATRON can deal with that, throw the cat out the window, take a shower, get dressed, walk downstairs, make breakfast, eat, catch Olbermann on DVR and be outside to ctach the cat before it hits the ground. This is OBAMATRON....a puny global crisis is as easy to solve for him as a childs puzzle....just another puny detail to the awesomeness that we know as OBAMATRON

And that's exactly was a modern day president is expected to do...not stop everything else to consentrate on one thing..the world continues to move..I can see us now, Iran building the nuke, russia moves into another country, iraq goes to pieces, Afgan implodes from within and the economic crisis that we have now is going on, and McCain steps up to say to all the other countries, I'm suspending engagement from you, and i need you to do the same until I handle this economic crisis.. Yea right, if he can't multi task, then he needs to suspend his total run from the presidency.. This is exactly an example of why I said he's past his prime, we do need the younger energetic guy at this time in history, because what I just descibed isn't very far off from what's happening..

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, and John McCain is so vital to the process of getting the mess solved.:sidelol: Even McCain admitted economics "isn't his thing".

For the sake of argument I'll assume he has some legitimate reason to be in Washington. However, why can't he fly in his jet Friday evening and land in Mississippi and debate? Why can't he inform the people of HIS PLAN in this time of crisis?I am not sure the debates won't happen. It all depends on what happens today in Washington. It's up in the air.

And McCain is vital, as is Obama, to this process as they are STANDING US SENATORS and have a frikin job to do before dancing with the American public for votes!

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 12:02 PM

All Hail Obama! All Hail Obama!

:knee:

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
And that's exactly was a modern day president is expected to do...not stop everything else to consentrate on one thing..the world continues to move..I can see us now, Iran building the nuke, russia moves into another country, iraq goes to pieces, Afgan implodes from within and the economic crisis that we have now is going on, and McCain steps up to say to all the other countries, I'm suspending engagement from you, and i need you to do the same until I handle this economic crisis.. Yea right, if he can't multi task, then he needs to suspend his total run from the presidency.. This is exactly an example of why I said he's past his prime, we do need the younger energetic guy at this time in history, because what I just descibed isn't very far off from what's happening..He isn't POTUS yet. He is a standing US Senator and has a job to do in a crisis. He needs to get his skinny azz back in DC and do his frikin job!

Multi-tasking is for soccer moms. Come on! You know this.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 12:05 PM

At least not one that requires "I don't understand economics" McVain..so no, there's no need to delay anything...and that's being honest, and since he said it himself, I'm not being disingenious here. Both their presents will only bring more politics into the talks and slow down the process, or cause a rush agreement that doesn't take into consideration everything congress and the wh is doing now..or the over the top regulations that both canidates would add trying to show the american ppl they're watching out for them... They just need to stay away and keep in the loop thru their staffs.. come and vote when it's time..period..

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 12:10 PM
He isn't POTUS yet. He is a standing US Senator and has a job to do in a crisis. He needs to get his skinny azz back in DC and do his frikin job!

Multi-tasking is for soccer moms. Come on! You know this.

Neither he or McVain is on any of the committees that are involved in this process the committee members have to hash out the final deal then like everything else bring it to the full body, explain it to them, if there's any problem, try to resolve them, ensure the WH is still on board, then vote the thing.. Since it's not their committees, they have to wait just like all the other senators until the something can be presented to them...

What can McVain specifically do, when he's not on a financial committee dealing with this subject, and he's a self acknowledged non economic guru?

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM

Is Palin running for president or Mccain?

There will still be debates! Believe it or not. You will still get the opportunity to see this charade of an election and debates. You criticize Palin for reading from a script. Guess what? So does Obama. You criticize Mccain for his stance on issues. But ignore the fact that Obama has the same exact stance on these issus as well. Everything from War, Foreign Policy, The Debt, Iran, The Patriotic Act, FISA, Oil Drilling, Immunity to Tele-Com companies. The list goes on.

Trust me. You will still get to see the debates with scripts in hand. From both sides. What I think is wrong is that there is no third party candidate or independent candidates in the debate. People are making such a big deal about watching a debate. Between two candidates that really are no different from each other. And not hear from someone that truly offers a difference or clear choice. I think I read something about Obama saying that he would still show up to the debate. That's silly. What's he going to do, debate himself? If Mccain can't make it. Then we should see Obama debate Nader or some other third party candidate. Then we would have a real debate. With truly different ideas.

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
And that's exactly was a modern day president is expected to do...not stop everything else to consentrate on one thing..the world continues to move..I can see us now, Iran building the nuke, russia moves into another country, iraq goes to pieces, Afgan implodes from within and the economic crisis that we have now is going on, and McCain steps up to say to all the other countries, I'm suspending engagement from you, and i need you to do the same until I handle this economic crisis.. Yea right, if he can't multi task, then he needs to suspend his total run from the presidency.. This is exactly an example of why I said he's past his prime, we do need the younger energetic guy at this time in history, because what I just descibed isn't very far off from what's happening..
I'll say it again since you didn't respond to my previous posts or didn't read them at all.

Barack Obama is NOT the President of the United States.

He can multi-task all he wants IF he is fortunate enough to be elected.

And riddle me this MD...Obama halts his campaign in June to return to Washington for some key votes and is PRAISED by the Senate Majority leader Harry Reid, who summarily criticized McCain's absence...and yet now....

Harry Reid criticizes McCain for returning to DO HIS JOB in the midsts of an economic meltdown...and not a squeak about Obama caring more to run for President. I guess some partisanship votes in June were more pressing than the financial security of the entire nation.

You are a level headed guy, but if YOU can't even agree with me on this one, I've lost ALL hope for ANY bi-partisanship

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Neither he or McVain is on any of the committees that are involved in this process the committee members have to hash out the final deal then like everything else bring it to the full body, explain it to them, if there's any problem, try to resolve them, ensure the WH is still on board, then vote the thing.. Since it's not their committees, they have to wait just like all the other senators until the something can be presented to them...

What can McVain specifically do, when he's not on a financial committee dealing with this subject, and he's a self acknowledged non economic guru?

Ask Bush...he told them both to be at the Wh at 4 today.....maybe there is something there not on the campaign trail....:rolleyes:

phinfan3411
09-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I doubt it would matter to many of you, but I heard CBS was reporting Paulson asked McCain to come back, because the republicans were not going for this plan. I have looked for this, and have not found it yet.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I'll say it again since you didn't respond to my previous posts or didn't read them at all.

Barack Obama is NOT the President of the United States.

He can multi-task all he wants IF he is fortunate enough to be elected.

And riddle me this MD...Obama halts his campaign in June to return to Washington for some key votes and is PRAISED by the Senate Majority leader Harry Reid, who summarily criticized McCain's absence...and yet now....

Harry Reid criticizes McCain for returning to DO HIS JOB in the midsts of an economic meltdown...and not a squeak about Obama caring more to run for President. I guess some partisanship votes in June were more pressing than the financial security of the entire nation.

You are a level headed guy, but if YOU can't even agree with me on this one, I've lost ALL hope for ANY bi-partisanship

Sorry I haven't seen your previous posts, I'll go back and read, occassionally I have to do my job at work..:sidelol: Anyway..that's exactly my point, neither Obama or McCain are president of the US..they are canidates for president, as I've explain, neither one are on the committees that are handling this piece of legislation..it's not neccessary to suspend their campaigns, it is neccessary for them to keep abreast of the situation, and as most bills when it's time to come and vote on them, go thru the debates of the senate, make their recommendations, and concerns known, do the consolidation, and then vote..this is still the normal process of getting a bill through, from committee to full vote, to the WH for signing.. I don't remember Obama suspending his campaign to come and vote on the Vet's bill.. he came for it, and voted on it.. basically showing his priority in terms of what's important to him, as both He and McCain would have to do for this historic legislation, they both share that this is important...McCain didn't think the vet's bill at the time was as important...period..as a vet..that pissed me off.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Ask Bush...he told them both to be at the Wh at 4 today.....maybe there is something there not on the campaign trail....:rolleyes:

Let's use the proper terminology, Bush ASK them to come to the WH...they both agreed to come..I think Bush was covering for McCain.. this is political to a point and serious in nature.. Answer the 2nd part of my post that you responded to..then we'll see your real thoughts:unsure:

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Let's use the proper terminology, Bush ASK them to come to the WH...they both agreed to come..I think Bush was covering for McCain.. this is political to a point and serious in nature.. Answer the 2nd part of my post that you responded to..then we'll see your real thoughts:unsure:

Let's be clear...when the POTUS ASKS you to come to the WH, he's TELLING you to be at the WH...it's not an offer you decline.

Dolphan7
:fireball:

MDFINFAN
I doubt it would matter to many of you, but I heard CBS was reporting Paulson asked McCain to come back, because the republicans were not going for this plan. I have looked for this, and have not found it yet.

You don't have to link it for me, I take your word for it, I think there's a lot of problems for repubs on this, because of the political climate, especially so close to elections.. I think the Dem's are more on board at this point, than the repubs.. the VP, and president wasn't able to convince the repubs to jump on this, and Paulson I think has asked McCain to try, since he's the new party leader in waiting, and if he wins, will have this as a part of his legacy as well.. I think that's what you're referring to. I don't know if McCain can convince the repubs either, since it's the voters right now that members are listening too, and voters aren't very please about this at all. The final bill will have to assured the voters that this isn't a bailout for fat cats, and that it does something for ppl for have done right, and won't punish voters who's done the hard right over the easy wrong..and I'm one of those voters..

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Let's be clear...when the POTUS ASKS you to come to the WH, he's TELLING you to be at the WH...it's not an offer you decline.

In a political year, you can decline it, especially with a president that's not popular and doesn't have the respect of his own party..that's why he wasn't able to convince his party to jump on this bill, and neither was the VP..they've burned up their bridges with the repubs, and I don't blame the repubs in the senate and congress for being leary of them..

btw, you still didn't answer the 2nd part of my question, I think I gave more of a answer when I responded to p3411 than you're trying to provide.

ohall
09-25-2008, 01:23 PM
The audience won't be a crowd of Theron Ware's and McCain won't be allowed to hear Obama's answers and know the questions ahead of time.

And you need to prove that, implications is not proof.

ohall
09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Why are the Obama supporters acting so desperate again? Your guy is ahead in the polls, relax.

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 01:51 PM
In a political year, you can decline it, especially with a president that's not popular and doesn't have the respect of his own party..that's why he wasn't able to convince his party to jump on this bill, and neither was the VP..they've burned up their bridges with the repubs, and I don't blame the repubs in the senate and congress for being leary of them..

btw, you still didn't answer the 2nd part of my question, I think I gave more of a answer when I responded to p3411 than you're trying to provide.

I had to go back and see what you are talking about. So, doing that, here's your answer.

McCain AND Obama are sitting Senators. This bail out is the single largest and most important financial crisis easily since the great depression. Both men are required there as Senators, to hammer out a bill that best suits our interests. As Presidential candidates, both men are needed there to exemplify their claims of being able to work across party lines, in a bi-partisan fashion, to get results the American people demand. This thing is bigger than a debate or a meet and greet, and if you cant see that, you're in denial about the gravity of this situation

As to being able to say no.....don't be disingenious, you know as well as i do, no matter how unpopular he is, you do not turn down a request from a sitting POTUS. Besides, if youre already going to meet with every two bit dictator and despot without stips, you cant decline the sitting POTUS with a straight face and be taken seriously

Eshlemon
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Just heard it on AFN News. You gotta be kidding me!!!! Senate Majority Leader Harry has criticized John McCain for returning to Washington to work on the finanical bailout, saying that "he's not needed"...

And yet back in June, the SAME Harry Reid PRAISED Barack Obama for returning to Washington on some "key votes" (network reporter didn't say "which" votes) and criticized McCain for his absence, stating that McCain must be more interested in campaigning for President.

Talk about a double standard and how in the midst of an economic collapse of our nation, one of these senators return to Washington to do their job...one continues to campaign for a new job.

Talk about hypocracy!!!!

Mr. "No one knows what to do." Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is now critizing McCain for coming to Congress.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f36/senate-majority-leader-on-economic-woes-no-one-knows-what-to-do-229089.html

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry I haven't seen your previous posts, I'll go back and read, occassionally I have to do my job at work..:sidelol: Anyway..that's exactly my point, neither Obama or McCain are president of the US..they are canidates for president, as I've explain, neither one are on the committees that are handling this piece of legislation..it's not neccessary to suspend their campaigns, it is neccessary for them to keep abreast of the situation, and as most bills when it's time to come and vote on them, go thru the debates of the senate, make their recommendations, and concerns known, do the consolidation, and then vote..this is still the normal process of getting a bill through, from committee to full vote, to the WH for signing.. I don't remember Obama suspending his campaign to come and vote on the Vet's bill.. he came for it, and voted on it.. basically showing his priority in terms of what's important to him, as both He and McCain would have to do for this historic legislation, they both share that this is important...McCain didn't think the vet's bill at the time was as important...period..as a vet..that pissed me off.
Sorry MD, I know I sometimes miss posts too when I'm working so...you get an alibi!!! :up:

Now, you make my point for me and I'm going to try and put this in the level of importance and historical significance that folks should be looking at this from.

We as a nation haven't seen a financial disaster like this since the Great Depression or even more recently Black Friday in 1989 when the New York Stock Exchange crashed and lost some 500 plus points, nearly 1/4 of it's value. This isn't some little glich in the system or a small hiccup. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers...these insititions are the financial cornerstones of our nation and they are in such HUGE trouble that Lehman Brothers which has been around since the US Civil War for Christ's sake....GONE!!!! This needs to be looked at in the same aspect of the attack on Pearl Harbor or 9/11, only instead of bombs being dropped or planes being slammed into skyscrapers, these financial cornerstones are on the verge of collapse and if THAT happens, my God, we as a nation are SCREWED!!!!! We won't be able to afford to pay attention!!!

Need a historical reference?

the basic cause was a sudden loss of confidence in the economic future. The traditional explanation is a combination of high consumer and business debt, ill-regulated markets that permitted malfeasance by banks and investors, growing wealth inequality, and natural disasters

I'd say this is exactly what has happened in the past decade or so, wouldn't you? But here the thing...these are the common causes that resulted in the Great Depression.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_the_United_States

Need more historical reference?

At the time of the crash, New York City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City) had grown to be a major metropolis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis), and its Wall Street (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street) district was one of the world's leading financial centers.The New York Stock Exchange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Stock_Exchange) (NYSE) was the largest stock market in the world.
The Roaring Twenties (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Twenties) was a time of prosperity and excess in the city, and despite warnings against speculation, many believed that the market could sustain high price levels. Shortly before the crash, Irving Fisher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Fisher) famously proclaimed, "Stock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau."[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929#cite_note-0) The euphoria and financial gains of the great bull market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_market) were shattered on Black Thursday, when share prices (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_price) on the NYSE collapsed. Stock prices fell on that day and they continued to fall, at an unprecedented rate for a full month
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929

There are TOO many similiarities between the events leading to the Great Depression and what's happened in recent years. Campaign for President be damned because if THIS financial crisis isn't resolved we won't have a country to be the president of!! And if you think I'm playing Chicken Little claiming the sky is falling, exaggerating or blowing things out of proportion, read the entire articles in these links. Opened my eyes even MORE than I thought they already were.

No, everyone here can play the BS partisanship jabs back and forth, but the fact of the matter is that the two most influential senators in the US right now...the two nominees for President need to be putting the security of their nation over their ambition for the presidency and get their butts back to Washington and do the jobs they were elected to do. They weren't elected to the senate to campaign for the presidency.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry MD, I know I sometimes miss posts too when I'm working so...you get an alibi!!! :up:

Now, you make my point for me and I'm going to try and put this in the level of importance and historical significance that folks should be looking at this from.

We as a nation haven't seen a financial disaster like this since the Great Depression or even more recently Black Friday in 1989 when the New York Stock Exchange crashed and lost some 500 plus points, nearly 1/4 of it's value. This isn't some little glich in the system or a small hiccup. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers...these insititions are the financial cornerstones of our nation and they are in such HUGE trouble that Lehman Brothers which has been around since the US Civil War for Christ's sake....GONE!!!! This needs to be looked at in the same aspect of the attack on Pearl Harbor or 9/11, only instead of bombs being dropped or planes being slammed into skyscrapers, these financial cornerstones are on the verge of collapse and if THAT happens, my God, we as a nation are SCREWED!!!!! We won't be able to afford to pay attention!!!

Need a historical reference?

I'd say this is exactly what has happened in the past decade or so, wouldn't you? But here the thing...these are the common causes that resulted in the Great Depression.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_the_United_States

Need more historical reference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929

There are TOO many similiarities between the events leading to the Great Depression and what's happened in recent years. Campaign for President be damned because if THIS financial crisis isn't resolved we won't have a country to be the president of!! And if you think I'm playing Chicken Little claiming the sky is falling, exaggerating or blowing things out of proportion, read the entire articles in these links. Opened my eyes even MORE than I thought they already were.

No, everyone here can play the BS partisanship jabs back and forth, but the fact of the matter is that the two most influential senators in the US right now...the two nominees for President need to be putting the security of their nation over their ambition for the presidency and get their butts back to Washington and do the jobs they were elected to do. They weren't elected to the senate to campaign for the presidency.

With everything you wrote there, I couldn't agree with you more, and as I stated in the post you responded to ..BOTH McVain and Obama thought his piece of legislation is important enough to vote on...and they both are to my knowledge at this time.. But I stresss, again, that neither one is on the committees that design or address financials...NEITHER ONE..McCain a self confessed non economic person, especially shouldn't be tampering with the econs of this country right now. So my question is what are they going to do in DC except bring politics to the table more than it is now? They, if they do their senate jobs, have to wait for the bill to get out of committee...we still have a standard operating precedure (SOP), that we do these things by, which is what's going on as we speak.. both men need to stay out of the way and let that process take place, then do the debates when it come to the full senate like normal bills...that's their role in all of this...if they can influcence someone in a positive way, they should do that too..but that's doesn't mean they have to stop their campaigns.. If they were the principle dealers in this, then I could see that, but in their present capacities, HUH?????

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Here is a point I think most overlook in this. Certainly McCain and Obama are not on any committees, but to think their role is unimportant or not needed is missing the point.

The point is this - On November 5th, one of these two will be President of the United States for the next 4 years. That man will inherit whatever deal is struck this week between the WH and the Congress. They will have to live with it.

They need to be a part of it.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I had to go back and see what you are talking about. So, doing that, here's your answer.

McCain AND Obama are sitting Senators. This bail out is the single largest and most important financial crisis easily since the great depression. Both men are required there as Senators, to hammer out a bill that best suits our interests. As Presidential candidates, both men are needed there to exemplify their claims of being able to work across party lines, in a bi-partisan fashion, to get results the American people demand. This thing is bigger than a debate or a meet and greet, and if you cant see that, you're in denial about the gravity of this situation

As to being able to say no.....don't be disingenious, you know as well as i do, no matter how unpopular he is, you do not turn down a request from a sitting POTUS. Besides, if youre already going to meet with every two bit dictator and despot without stips, you cant decline the sitting POTUS with a straight face and be taken seriously

Thanks you for an answer...now, doesn't this thing get done like any other bill, thru committee first, then the floor for the big debate, then voted on, then sent to the Wh.. so in there..the only part of the McCain and Obama is the debate on senate floor and vote, is that not correct? So until that point, what can they do?

BillParFan
09-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Mr. "No one knows what to do." Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is now critizing McCain for coming to Congress.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f36/senate-majority-leader-on-economic-woes-no-one-knows-what-to-do-229089.html

Well, it seems as if McCain wasn't very serious
Tomorrow morning, I will suspend my campaign and return to Washington after speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative. All we must do to achieve this is temporarily set politics aside, and I am committed to doing so. about putting his campaign on hold since he was seen giving a campain speech in NY this morning.

Congress met on the bailout @10am.

When asked by reporters if he wanted McCain sitting in blow-by-blow negotiations Rep. Adam Putnam, the No. 3 House Republican, simply smirked, mute for ten seconds as reporters laughed.:sidelol:

Anyone involved in the Keating scandal should be banned from working on this bill. Perhaps he's getting instructions from his buddy Gramm, creator of the Enron loophole, VP of UBS. (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/05/business/tax.php)

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 03:06 PM
What is more important in America right now guys?

A Campaign/Debate? or....

The Financial Crisis?

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
nothing is as important as smearing McCain for doing the right thing....OBAMATRON Savior of the Universe......ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I rest my case.

Court adjourned!

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 03:49 PM
nothing is as important as smearing McCain for doing the right thing....OBAMATRON Savior of the Universe......ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So because you think it's the right thing, it's a smear? Okayyyyyy... McVain, the hero to the recue...gotch ya..

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks you for an answer...now, doesn't this thing get done like any other bill, thru committee first, then the floor for the big debate, then voted on, then sent to the Wh.. so in there..the only part of the McCain and Obama is the debate on senate floor and vote, is that not correct? So until that point, what can they do?

Do you really think this is some regular appropriations bill? You think theyre lining up to throw some earmarks on this one?
This is a special time, it requires full undivided attaention and leaders to bridge the aisles. I figured after all this time, your boy OBAMATRON would have that already set up. Unless bi-partisan and uniter were just clever tag lines in an ad campaign.

This is a time when leaders lead........what's your boy been doing, besides attempting to minimize and multi-task? Or don't you think this is a benchmark moment in our economy? If not, maybe you should stop questioning McVains financial savvy and brush up on what's really going on now

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 03:55 PM
So because you think it's the right thing, it's a smear? Okayyyyyy... McVain, the hero to the recue...gotch ya..

I don't think it's the right thing, i know it is. Not looking for a hero on a white horse, just a leader looking to take charge....

OBAMATRON Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Here is a point I think most overlook in this. Certainly McCain and Obama are not on any committees, but to think their role is unimportant or not needed is missing the point.

The point is this - On November 5th, one of these two will be President of the United States for the next 4 years. That man will inherit whatever deal is struck this week between the WH and the Congress. They will have to live with it.

They need to be a part of it.

That's a given, but they will also be struck with congress, and it's procedures, so nothing changes.. the process will be the process, If they can get their colleages to move on this in a responsible way, then they may have done something..but the experts on the committes are the main players until the bill is reviewable by the full senate..that doesn't include Obama and McCain until the latter.. that's when they're a part of it...SOP, is SOP... and we have to abide by rules or we get really hosed with more stupid bills..

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Do you really think this is some regular appropriations bill? You think theyre lining up to throw some earmarks on this one?
This is a special time, it requires full undivided attaention and leaders to bridge the aisles. I figured after all this time, your boy OBAMATRON would have that already set up. Unless bi-partisan and uniter were just clever tag lines in an ad campaign.

This is a time when leaders lead........what's your boy been doing, besides attempting to minimize and multi-task? Or don't you think this is a benchmark moment in our economy? If not, maybe you should stop questioning McVains financial savvy and brush up on what's really going on now

It still has to be done in a decent and orderly way, can't you guys see that?:rolleyes:

At this point the president in the leader, and the congress has it's leaders, then there's 2 would be leaders...this is in the one president at a time mode.. Bush is the leader..he's the one who will sign the bill...I give up.. We have established procedures even in rushed bills..

wikidj
09-25-2008, 04:30 PM
The presidential election of 1944 took place while the United States was preoccupied with fighting WW2. Suspending campaigns for a financial crisis isn't even necessary. Having a debate on Friday night wont keep either of these candidates from assisting with the financial crisis, and thats even if those in Washington need their help. I think most American people would rather know what the candidates PLAN to do about this if elected. That will probably be the deciding factor for alot of voters.

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow....just wow.

I'd rather see them showing us how they would work towards bi-partisanship and find solutions rather than talk about it. McCain has shown he can. OBAMATRON....well, of course he can too, he's MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Wow....just wow.

I'd rather see them showing us how they would work towards bi-partisanship and find solutions rather than talk about it. McCain has shown he can. OBAMATRON....well, of course he can too, he's MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

So the rest of us are just plain wrong for thinking they can do both...we understand, we have to do what McVain wants..he's the MASTER OF EVERYTHING...It's like his tirade about Obama not doing town hall meetings with him, that would have prevented him from doing the attack ads on Obama..yea we get, it's a McVain world and the rest of us need to get on board..Wow..

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
So the rest of us are just plain wrong for thinking they can do both...we understand, we have to do what McVain wants..he's the MASTER OF EVERYTHING...It's like his tirade about Obama not doing town hall meetings with him, that would have prevented him from doing the attack ads on Obama..yea we get, it's a McVain world and the rest of us need to get on board..Wow..

McCain cant turn water in to wine....only the next president of these great 58 states...OBAMATRON...can do that

Don't you blaspheme in here....DON'T you BLASPHEME in here.....:shakeno:

Joe Robbie
09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't understand the resentment in here. These candidates can do either; go to Washington or stay on the trail. Why is one now suddenly a bad move and the other a good move? Either one is valid.

One candidate thought it was more important to go to whshington and suspend a campaign that he says can wait. This is the same candidate that said he would rather lose an election then hurt his country. Sounds good to me.

The other candidate feels that he can multi-task and do both. More power to him in that.

I just feel deals are done much better in person.

milldog
09-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Just like most of you MCCainites are praising him for anything he says or does! So convenient....PLEASE!!!! It goes both ways buddy. And so condecending!

milldog
09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Is Palin running for president or Mccain?

There will still be debates! Believe it or not. You will still get the opportunity to see this charade of an election and debates. You criticize Palin for reading from a script. Guess what? So does Obama. You criticize Mccain for his stance on issues. But ignore the fact that Obama has the same exact stance on these issus as well. Everything from War, Foreign Policy, The Debt, Iran, The Patriotic Act, FISA, Oil Drilling, Immunity to Tele-Com companies. The list goes on.

Trust me. You will still get to see the debates with scripts in hand. From both sides. What I think is wrong is that there is no third party candidate or independent candidates in the debate. People are making such a big deal about watching a debate. Between two candidates that really are no different from each other. And not hear from someone that truly offers a difference or clear choice. I think I read something about Obama saying that he would still show up to the debate. That's silly. What's he going to do, debate himself? If Mccain can't make it. Then we should see Obama debate Nader or some other third party candidate. Then we would have a real debate. With truly different ideas.

Are you serious? A lot of people have been looking forward to this. A lot of people are undecided and need to hear them debate. Debates have won and lost votes for many candidates in years past, so yeah, it is a big deal. Maybe not to you, but it is to a lot of others. I've already made my choice clear as did you. A lot of people haven't. Just another political ploy on McCain's side... and a pretty good one I'll give him that. I wouldn't want to debate Obama neither!

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Just like most of you MCCainites are praising him for anything he says or does! So convenient....PLEASE!!!! It goes both ways buddy. And so condecending! I don't mind praising a candidate. That is partisanship, that is politics. But what I have a problem with is the double standard. If one is going to lambaste a man that you wouldn't lambaste the other candidate for is just wrong. Praise and criticism should be consistant. And it isn't.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't understand the resentment in here. These candidates can do either; go to Washington or stay on the trail. Why is one now suddenly a bad move and the other a good move? Either one is valid.

One candidate thought it was more important to go to whshington and suspend a campaign that he says can wait. This is the same candidate that said he would rather lose an election then hurt his country. Sounds good to me.

The other candidate feels that he can multi-task and do both. More power to him in that.

I just feel deals are done much better in person.

Except their not the ones to do the in person deal..they are by their positions in the senate the ones who get to debate the bill on the floor..it's obvious we don't know precedure here.. And you see what happened when McCain came in and tried to take over..a break down..that's why I said they should stay out....politics spoiled the gains.. McCain was going to offer more tax breaks and less regulation...are you kidding me.. Go away McCain.

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Are you serious? A lot of people have been looking forward to this. A lot of people are undecided and need to hear them debate. Debates have won and lost votes for many candidates in years past, so yeah, it is a big deal. Maybe not to you, but it is to a lot of others. I've already made my choice clear as did you. A lot of people haven't. Just another political ploy on McCain's side... and a pretty good one I'll give him that. I wouldn't want to debate Obama neither!

Because Obama has proven himself so eloquent off the cuff...and off teleprompter.

Dont worry, this is just the first of 3...plenty of time and opportunity for both of them to not say anything and still get elected

ohall
09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
The presidential election of 1944 took place while the United States was preoccupied with fighting WW2. Suspending campaigns for a financial crisis isn't even necessary. Having a debate on Friday night wont keep either of these candidates from assisting with the financial crisis, and thats even if those in Washington need their help. I think most American people would rather know what the candidates PLAN to do about this if elected. That will probably be the deciding factor for alot of voters.

I hear what you are saying but in the world we live in Presidents have to suspend whatever they doing these days when a hurricane may hit America. It's crazy times.

What I find funny is DEM's will think that is a wise thing to do, but for some reason what McCain is doing which is a REAL issue a politician can have some sort of control over they poo poo his motives.

phinfan3411
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Something tells me the debate will happen, if not friday, soon thereafter. I, for one, would not mind if it did not happen tomorrow, my wife, and I are actually going out to dinner, and a movie, not a big deal to some, but we have a three month old, and we don't get out much anymore. Taking the kids to my sisters house, promised we would, eventually, pick them back up.

No more politics tonight, can't believe USC is down by 21 at the half! If your not watching you might want to tune in!

ohall
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM

Just stop it. You are just pissed Obama didn't think of it 1st!

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Just stop it. You are just pissed Obama didn't think of it 1st!

Think of what...being stupid...McVain can do nothing in DC...and he's already screw up what little gain they've made...so you stop it with the blind following even when it doesn't make sense....McVain and Obama can't do a thing in DC right now. it's the financial committees and party leaders who are the players here.. they have to hammer out the bill.. ultimately it's the president who signs it.. the politics is screwing up the whole process.. can't you see that...stand away from the bais hat for just one moment and see how McCain screwed things up today..

ohall
09-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Think of what...being stupid...McVain can do nothing in DC...and he's already screw up what little gain they've made...so you stop it with the blind following even when it doesn't make sense....McVain and Obama can't do a thing in DC right now. it's the financial committees and party leaders who are the players here.. they have to hammer out the bill.. ultimately it's the president who signs it.. the politics is screwing up the whole process.. can't you see that...stand away from the bais hat for just one moment and see how McCain screwed things up today..

McVain? Grow up man.

Of course McCain can help in Washington. He can help push through this bill. He has been there for 26-years. I know why Obama wants to have the debate. He knows he hasn't been in DC long enough to even know where the bathroom is located.

Blackocrates
09-25-2008, 10:52 PM
McVain? Grow up man.

Have you said the same to your 'Obamatron' buddies?

milldog
09-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Hell no, he's biased. Why would he. Like I said earlier, it goes both ways...

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:21 PM

Why would I? I support McCain and I type Obama's name correctly. Don't deflect.

Further there's more than enough to make fun of the man besides how I spell his name.

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Hell no, he's biased. Why would he. Like I said earlier, it goes both ways...

Please just leave me out of your posts. I don't want to make run away again.

Blackocrates
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Why would I? I support McCain and I type Obama's name correctly. Don't deflect.

Further there's more than enough to make fun of the man besides how I spell his name.

Why would you? If you're going to tell MD to grow up for making fun of McCain when he calls him "McVain" you should tell your buddies to grow up when they call Obama, "Obamatron" or whatever other silly name they come up with. If not then don't hold Obama supporters to a higher standard. Don't deflect.

ohall
09-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Why would you? If you're going to tell MD to grow up for making fun of McCain when he calls him "McVain" you should tell your buddies to grow up when they call Obama, "Obamatron" or whatever other silly name they come up with. If not then don't hold Obama supporters to a higher standard. Don't deflect.

I just told you why, I don't do that name calling thing of the candidates. As a McCain supporter I don't really care what someone calls Obama. FYI I can only hold myself to whatever standards I have.

What buddies? I don't have any buddies on this site. I don't know any of you.

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Please just leave me out of your posts. I don't want to make run away again.

:owned1:

milldog
09-26-2008, 10:19 AM

Cute kid!

Mr772
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM

All the name calling and sarcasm, nothing of substance from this one.

Says everyone is drinking the cool-aid when they present facts. But can't mount an argument to refute any of it.

WSE
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06Nl05_dnM

hilarious stuff about McCain going to Washington

its comedy, but it has some truth in it. Daily Show of course

Blackocrates
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM

That was hilarious, Jon Stewart never lets the viewers down.

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 01:54 PM

This was great, you need to make this it's own thread...:sidelol: I would do it for you, but I want your name on it for the credit of finding it.:up:

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 01:56 PM

Thanks the Obamatron is why I went to the McVain in the first place...

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Cute kid!

:boohoo:

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 02:03 PM
All the name calling and sarcasm, nothing of substance from this one.

Says everyone is drinking the cool-aid when they present facts. But can't mount an argument to refute any of it.

Opinions are not facts. But thanks for playing.:up:

btw, as far as adding things go, how come you never answered this post?
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1062637389&postcount=19

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 02:07 PM

C'mon now....you know you relish the man-crush you have for Obama the way Blitz man-crushed for Algore.

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
C'mon now....you know you relish the man-crush you have for Obama the way Blitz man-crushed for Algore.

Over McVain who says he can fix everything known to man in term of failing...naaa, I love McCain, he can do everything.. My unman crush on Obama is in terms of his abilities and upside... I think the man is the right person for the job at this point in our history because of all the problems we have to solve.. I just think his abilities as demonstrated would serve us best.

ohall
09-26-2008, 05:55 PM

So you don't like what they do so you go there as well?

Wow what a GREAT example you are setting. I think your HIGH HORSE may need a tune up.

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 06:35 PM
So you don't like what they do so you go there as well?

Wow what a GREAT example you are setting. I think your HIGH HORSE may need a tune up.

I never said I didn't like what they do....I just think 2 can play that game...even you have played the game is Obama's name.. and his supposive status from the repubs... it's fun, I'm not tripping about it.. Here's to McVain and his, I can fix it slogan...

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I just told you why, I don't do that name calling thing of the candidates. As a McCain supporter I don't really care what someone calls Obama. FYI I can only hold myself to whatever standards I have.

What buddies? I don't have any buddies on this site. I don't know any of you.

I'm hurt..we've spent 8-9 wonderful years on this board together, and you don't consider me a buddy.. I'm crush..I consider you a pal..:boohoo: