PDA

View Full Version : 8 years ago

cwsox
09-25-2008, 01:39 AM
8 years ago our economyy was strong, few people were under the poverty line than had been in years...

8 years late under Bush and Republican economic theories our economy is about to collapse in historic cataclyism

McCain wants to avoid the debate because he does not want to held responsible for his past views and the ones he has advocated on the campaign - views which support everything that happened that has brought on this catastrophe

and McCain wants to avoid debate because he has nothing to offer to the American people as to what he would do

as a creature of Washington, no wonder he wants to hide behind the Beltway again

and for those who say no, that's not true, then they cannot this: why can't McCain do two things at once? Given his past admissions he cannot understand economics, but the man wants to be president - why can't he be in DC on Thursday and talk to the nation of Friday? Is he too old? Too slow? Not able to think fast enough? Not well enough briefed that he needs days of briefing time? Do we need a president who cannot do two things at once? What happened to the straight talk express that he is now afraid to talk to the American people in time of crisis?

Eshlemon
09-25-2008, 03:33 AM
8 years the economy was not strong as the dot.com bubble burst. I just know Bush is responsible even though not President yet.

Before dot.com bubble fed raised rates 6 times to avoid inflation. As with prevous recessions, downturns, slowdowns, etc., 8 years ago in response to the dot bomb and then 9/11 the Fed lowered the rate 11 times in a row to from 9.5% in 2000 to 4% in 2004 to increase borrowing and keep money flowing to avoid recession...which job it did too well.

In general, despite dislikes of the Fed, the system is one of the best in world at providing ease of capital and controling the economy to keep it not to hold or cold. But best intentions don't always lead to best results when you're trying to predict the future and eventually mama and papa bear back bite as you keep dipping into their bowls.

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 07:50 AM
8 years ago our economyy was strong, few people were under the poverty line than had been in years...

8 years late under Bush and Republican economic theories our economy is about to collapse in historic cataclyism

McCain wants to avoid the debate because he does not want to held responsible for his past views and the ones he has advocated on the campaign - views which support everything that happened that has brought on this catastrophe

and McCain wants to avoid debate because he has nothing to offer to the American people as to what he would do

as a creature of Washington, no wonder he wants to hide behind the Beltway again

and for those who say no, that's not true, then they cannot this: why can't McCain do two things at once? Given his past admissions he cannot understand economics, but the man wants to be president - why can't he be in DC on Thursday and talk to the nation of Friday? Is he too old? Too slow? Not able to think fast enough? Not well enough briefed that he needs days of briefing time? Do we need a president who cannot do two things at once? What happened to the straight talk express that he is now afraid to talk to the American people in time of crisis?

8 years of Bush will be followed by 4 years of the same exact thing. McBama will continue us on the same path of Debt, Inflation and loss of liberty. No difference at all.

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 12:17 PM

And then there is this -

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.in 2005.

I really am disappointed that we can't ever have a good debate in here because facts just keep getting in the way.

mmitro55
09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Please try to just respond to the topic and not make it personal. Thanks!

**REMOVED first off i am a libertarian and could care less about your obama or mccain. but you need to do a little research. if you did you would understand that this problem goes all the way back to jimmy carter and even up to bill clinton. you need to also look back 3 years ago when mccain actually warned of this very situation but no one listened to him, actually when he said it people thought he was crazy, guess he was right. and as far as the debat is considered, mccain said if the problem is solved he will be there fri. but if it is not, it should be rescheduled. for some reason you libs think it is more important for a debate that can be rescheduled a day or so later to happen instead of taking care of the country. do some research people before you post nonsense. and don't believe everything you are told by the media. **REMOVED**

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 01:21 PM
And then there is this -

in 2005.

I really am disappointed that we can't ever have a good debate in here because facts just keep getting in the way.

Show me some other regulatory bills McCain has proposed, and obviously he couldn't even get his own party to pass that bill or listen, because the repubs were in charge of congress in 2005...so if the great reformer can't even get his own party to listen, who else will?

ohall
09-25-2008, 01:32 PM

9/11 happened and our country has been at war since then. To have an economy as strong as we did for as long as we did while at war was an incredible thing this country achieved. I wish the left would stop minimizing what actually took place. If the President was a DEM he would of had his face on Mount Rushmore by now.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:40 PM
9/11 happened and our country has been at war since then. To have an economy as strong as we did for as long as we did while at war was an incredible thing this country achieved. I wish the left would stop minimizing what actually took place. If the President was a DEM he would of had his face on Mount Rushmore by now.

Ohall, for all your great attributes, this spin isn't working. the economy stayed strong because the gov't didn't touch it in order to pay for this war..We've borrowed our shirts off to pay for it.. while the economy wouldn't have been hampered in the short term, at some point, we would have had to pay for the borrowing... no one gets a bye on this one, and rushmore is safe from any faces of the last 8 years..

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Show me some other regulatory bills McCain has proposed, and obviously he couldn't even get his own party to pass that bill or listen, because the repubs were in charge of congress in 2005...so if the great reformer can't even get his own party to listen, who else will?No. Let's recognize that McCain had a feeling this was going to happen and tried to do something about it. That is the point. As hard as it is to admit it I know.

Obama also did the same thing, and I give him credit for that too.

Why can't you acknowledge McCain's effort here?

ohall
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Ohall, for all your great attributes, this spin isn't working. the economy stayed strong because the gov't didn't touch it in order to pay for this war..We've borrowed our shirts off to pay for it.. while the economy wouldn't have been hampered in the short term, at some point, we would have had to pay for the borrowing... no one gets a bye on this one, and rushmore is safe from any faces of the last 8 years..

W/e you say IND thinker.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
W/e you say IND thinker.

As I said no one gets a bye..:up:

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:02 PM
As I said no one gets a bye..:up:

A bye from what?

You see things a certain way. You only give credit when a DEM is in charge. You have proven that over and over. That is why my previous post was so short. Your previous post was a joke, and unbelievably biased. Even for you it was biased.

Unlike you I understand the blame and credit doesn't lay at the foot of the President when it comes to the economy. I've said many times, IMO the economy runs in cycles and the President has very little influence on the economy. Outside of trying to raise or cut tax they do ZIP. The congress IMO controls the economy far more than the President ever has or ever will.

You cannot expect for the economy to continue to grow as it had after such record periods of growth. People simply bought homes for VERY HIGH prices thinking they could sell those houses 1-2 years later for a profit. They gambled and now we all have to pay for it. Anyone with a brain saw this coming and who was to blame.

That will never stop happening during boom times. No amount of regulation will change this either. The fact is without those regulations in place we never would have seen those boom times. You have to take the good with the bad. More regulations will bring teen% mortgage rates. I don't ever want to see that again.

I don't know how many of you remember that, but that's why it's so laughable when Obama says this is the biggest economic crisis to hit America since the GREAT depression. The dude is so detached its scary.

I can understand why he may not remember. He has admitted to using illegal drugs during those times. Maybe he used a little more than he is even willing to admit to himself.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
A bye from what?

You see things a certain way. You only give credit when a DEM is in charge. You have proven that over and over. That is why my previous post was so short. Your previous post was a joke, and unbelievably biased. Even for you it was biased.

Unlike you I understand the blame and credit doesn't lay at the foot of the President when it comes to the economy. I've said many times, IMO the economy runs in cycles and the President has very little influence on the economy. Outside of trying to raise or cut tax they do ZIP. The congress IMO controls the economy far more than the President ever has or ever will.

You cannot expect for the economy to continue to grow as it had after such record periods of growth. People simply bought homes for VERY HIGH prices thinking they could sell those houses 1-2 years later for a profit. They gambled and now we all have to pay for it. Anyone with a brain saw this coming and who was to blame.

That will never stop happening during boom times. No amount of regulation will change this either. The fact is without those regulations in place we never would have seen those boom times. You have to take the good with the bad. More regulations will bring teen% mortgage rates. I don't ever want to see that again.

I don't know how many of you remember that, but that's why it's so laughable when Obama says this is the biggest economic crisis to hit America since the GREAT depression. The dude is so detached its scary.

I can understand why he may not remember. He has admitted to using illegal drugs during those times. Maybe he used a little more than he is even willing to admit to himself.

I only give credit for dems..and you're not bias..I meant both parties is not absolved of this mess we're in.. and what do you do with that comment, make it partisan, I think you need to rethink positions, you're completely bais..

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I only give credit for dems..and you're not bias..I meant both parties is not absolved of this mess we're in.. and what do you do with that comment, make it partisan, I think you need to rethink positions, you're completely bais..

All you've done is defend Obama and bash McCain in this THREAD. Save the nonsense, ok?

When it comes to the economy I'm not biased. As I've said many times the economy runs in cycles. We're simply in a deep down swing.