PDA

View Full Version : Leftwing Blogosphere Enraged Over Bill Clinton's Defense of McCain Debate Delay Reque

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
The leftwing blogosphere has a new villain in addition to John McCain and Sarah Palin: Bill Clinton. They have been suspecting that Clinton has not been giving all out support to Barack Obama including his announcement (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/09/24/dont-stop-yom-kippur-bill) to Larry King that he wouldn't begin campaigning for Obama until after October 9 out of respect for the Jewish High Holy Days. However, the straw that really broke the leftwing camel's back was Clinton's statement today to Chris Cuomo on ABC's Good Morning America defending John McCain's request for a debate delay until after the financial bailout crises is resolved. Here are a couple of things that Bill Clinton said that drove the left absolutely bonkers:

We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates.
http://newsbusters.org/

PassRush
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
What the hell is a blogosphere? Sorry, I have to ask.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
What the hell is a blogosphere? Sorry, I have to ask.

It's different blog sites for the left wing on the net.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Yea, you can tell Bill isn't totally into it..he's a little miffed that his wife didn't win..but that's bill, and you just have to let it be...the libs need to get off it..the man is still a talent in their party..

Eshlemon
09-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Well he's right, McCain wanted more debates especially town hall types. And Bill Clinton definately is not an 'Obamatron'. While the rhetoric is popular that postponing the first debate is so McCain won't answer questions on economy...the 1rst debate was on foreign policy. Ironicly at Obama's request switch from 1rst debate being on domestic policy.

Both candidates are going to arrive at the same destination and pass the bill. The sniping is on how the route to get by taking the turnpike or overpass...and is completely politicly contrarian as whatever one does the other wouldn't have.

ohall
09-25-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't know who makes Obama look funnier, Bill or Biden.

poornate
09-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Well he's right, McCain wanted more debates especially town hall types...

This is not true... Obama sent McCain a request MONTHS ago to have 8 debates, including town hall style meetings and a lincoln/Douglas style debate and McCain declined... he said ten town halls or nothing.... So it is not true that Obama didn't offer more opportunity to McCain for joint debates....

Eshlemon
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Well he's right, McCain wanted more debates especially town hall types....QUOTE]

This is not true... Obama sent McCain a request MONTHS ago to have 8 debates, including town hall style meetings and a lincoln/Douglas style debate and McCain declined... he said ten town halls or nothing.... So it is not true that Obama didn't offer more opportunity to McCain for joint debates....

10<8?

poornate
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
You're right... obviously.. that ten is more than eight... but both are more than three and McCain refused because he didn't get to set the agenda alone.... He didn't want the direct debate more than anything (My opinion)... the fact is that he refused compromise which makes it wrong to say that Obama rejected the idea of more debates...

Tetragrammaton
09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
True liberals have always hated Clinton. Hitchens wrote a book on it.

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2008, 03:27 PM
You're right... obviously.. that ten is more than eight... but both are more than three and McCain refused because he didn't get to set the agenda alone.... He didn't want the direct debate more than anything (My opinion)... the fact is that he refused compromise which makes it wrong to say that Obama rejected the idea of more debates...
And Obama refused McCain's request as the Town Hall format comes with questions from the audience or email and the candidates have no idea what is being asked. That hurts Obama as he doens't have the questions ahead of time and is able to script his answers ahead of time.

Look at BOTH sides of the coin.

:up:

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Obama doesn't need a teleprompter....he simply throws his voice and asks himself the questions he already knows the answer for.

C'mon TDK....keep it straight

Eshlemon
09-25-2008, 04:04 PM

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/politics&id=6290564

WASHINGTON - -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Saturday backed away from rival John McCain's challenge for a series of joint appearances, agreeing only to the standard three debates in the fall.

Actually I'm wrong, question should have been about the townhalls and standard is 10<3?

Thank god the blessed one Obama compromised to get to the 8 mixed which the dastardly McCain obviously didn't...or vice versa if that's cherry kool aid instead of blueberry.

OK, swarminess aside. My point was Clinton doesn't like Obama and is competely representative of the silliness of debate-gate...if he did like Obama he'd be saying the exact opposite BS.

phinfan3411
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I honestly do not like the Clintons, but must admit they make me laugh at times. I am not really afraid of too many people, but if there is anyone, it would be the Clintons.

Honestly, you just do not cross them, way too many of their "friends" end up dead. Lucky me, Hillary is one of my Senators, the one time I got up the nerve to call her office to complain about something she did, I used my friends cellphone, gave a fake name, and still used the remote start on my car for six months.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I honestly do not like the Clintons, but must admit they make me laugh at times. I am not really afraid of too many people, but if there is anyone, it would be the Clintons.

Honestly, you just do not cross them, way too many of their "friends" end up dead. Lucky me, Hillary is one of my Senators, the one time I got up the nerve to call her office to complain about something she did, I used my friends cellphone, gave a fake name, and still used the remote start on my car for six months.

LOL too funny!! thanks for the laugh though. This board gets to damn serious anymore it's like going to " war " everytime you sign on, it's just nice to laugh without being accused of laughing at the wrong thread or leaning one way or the other while you do it!!! LOL

phinfan3411
09-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Seriously, after the elections are over, and things have died down, make a list of the democrats that screwed her over, and switched to Obama. Then watch as one by one, 40-55 yr old people start dying of "natural causes", or commiting suicide by shooting themselves in the head......twice etc.

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM

Honestly, you just do not cross them, way too many of their "friends" end up dead. Lucky me, Hillary is one of my Senators, the one time I got up the nerve to call her office to complain about something she did, I used my friends cellphone, gave a fake name, and still used the remote start on my car for six months.Can you imagine how Obama feels?:lol:

One thing I like about Obama. He kept the Clintons from the WH. So far.

Eshlemon
09-25-2008, 09:54 PM

:lol: That was great.

But man, I wouldn't want to be your friend putting me in deadly danger like that.

:chase: