PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama and Bill Ayers: Stanley Kurtz Makes the Connection

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122212856075765367.html

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC. Those archives are housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago and I've recently spent days looking through them.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2008/09/23/barack-obama-bill-ayers-stanley-kurtz-makes-connection

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 01:18 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122212856075765367.html

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2008/09/23/barack-obama-bill-ayers-stanley-kurtz-makes-connection

Oh please drop the association games too.. Obama and that man are on boards together, they know each other...Obama hasn't been planning any bombings...this association isn't worth the time it takes to say they know each other.. Obama hasn't had any illegal anything come of this association..so please stop with the stupid.. McCain was a part of the keating 5, McCain knows figures who aren't above board, so what../:rolleyes:

WSE
09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
yea... they served on a board together from 1999-2002 (Woods Fund of Chicago)

Ayers has come a long way since his past days as a radical, even serving as distinguished professor at University of Illinois- Chicago.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh please drop the association games too.. Obama and that man are on boards together, they know each other...Obama hasn't been planning any bombings...this association isn't worth the time it takes to say they know each other.. Obama hasn't had any illegal anything come of this association..so please stop with the stupid.. McCain was a part of the keating 5, McCain knows figures who aren't above board, so what../:rolleyes:

lol It wasn't me that said '' He's just a guy I know from my neighborhood" nor did I write the article.........

ohall
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
yea... they served on a board together from 1999-2002 (Woods Fund of Chicago)

Ayers has come a long way since his past days as a radical, even serving as distinguished professor at University of Illinois- Chicago.

lol you mean the guy that said he wished he did more as late as the early 90's?

You guys are a trip. Only the DEM PP would support a candidate that associates himself with a known domestic terrorists. It's embarrassing. I can't wait for the 527's to start in on this.

BillParFan
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM

You guys are a trip. Only the DEM PP would support a candidate that associates himself with a known domestic terrorists. It's embarrassing. I can't wait for the 527's to start in on this.

From a source you might admire.......

Kurtz's Obama-Ayers Fishing Expedition Comes Up Empty

I almost feel sorry for Stanley Kurtz. Last month the conservative writer was making a big stink (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MTgwZTVmN2QyNzk2MmUxMzA5OTg0ODZlM2Y2OGI0NDM=) that, in the course of researaching Barack Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers, the University of Illinois at Chicago library had denied him access to "the internal files" of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was a nonprofit educational group both men were affiliated with in the 1990s. Kurtz protested:
TNR (http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/09/23/kurtz-s-obama-ayers-fishing-expedition-comes-up-empty.aspx)

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:34 PM
lol It wasn't me that said '' He's just a guy I know from my neighborhood" nor did I write the article.........

But you are the guy that's posting it here...and Obama does know the guy, he's said that, and he's said more than he just a guy he knows from the neighborhood, he's said he's served on boards with the guys, he said he knows him as a friend, he's said he's been to the guys house for a campaign funding stop..they are friends...period.. I don't don't understand why ppl want to take what someone did 40 years ago, who isn't in jail, who's not on anyone's watch list.. and try to make so much of it.. Obama is a politician, who knows lot of ppl in Chicago period...do you know of a politician who don't know lots of ppl, both controversial and otherwise.. It's the nature of the beast...since nothing illegal has come of his friendship with Ayers, I don't see the big deal... Oh, I know, we should be afraid, it's a radical friend of his...yea he's going to do something to america because he knows Ayers..:rolleyes: Wow, americans can be so simple minded..:rolleyes2:

WSE
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM

do you pick the people you serve on a board with?

newsflash, Obama is a Chicago politician. He is going to have relationships with community leaders in Chicago (which Ayers is, whether you like it or not, with his distinguished professor status and serving on Chicago boards).

If Obama supports Ayers politics and actions that would be a completely different thing, but working with people is not an association worth choosing to vote for a candidate that whose stances I don't agree with (McCain). I support Obama's politics/ideals, and serving with Ayers on a humanitarian board on the past isn't going to change that.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
But you are the guy that's posting it here...and Obama does know the guy, he's said that, and he's said more than he just a guy he knows from the neighborhood, he's said he's served on boards with the guys, he said he knows him as a friend, he's said he's been to the guys house for a campaign funding stop..they are friends...period.. I don't don't understand why ppl want to take what someone did 40 years ago, who isn't in jail, who's not on anyone's watch list.. and try to make so much of it.. Obama is a politician, who knows lot of ppl in Chicago period...do you know of a politician who don't know lots of ppl, both controversial and otherwise.. It's the nature of the beast...since nothing illegal has come of his friendship with Ayers, I don't see the big deal... Oh, I know, we should be afraid, it's a radical friend of his...yea he's going to do something to america because he knows Ayers..:rolleyes: Wow, americans can be so simple minded..:rolleyes2:

MD you know what? Last time I checked a poster can post any topic they choose not just left leaning articles or topics and its within the boundaries of the Tos rules. And as far as Americans being so simple minded I take offense to that and see no cause for such a blanket statement that was actually directed at the people that don't agree with you.
Shame on you!

Joe Robbie
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
The question in my mind is did obama know ayers was involved in the terrorist thing when he admittingly knew back then? Or Is it like he went to a church for 20 years but was conveniently unnaware of the rantings of a dilusional paster?

Makes me think......and wonder.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 05:28 PM
The question in my mind is did obama know ayers was involved in the terrorist thing when he admittingly knew back then? Or Is it like he went to a church for 20 years but was conveniently unnaware of the rantings of a dilusional paster?

I am having some difficulty accepting these people that Senator Obama, although always denying a direct connection, was associated with in his life over the years. I mean don't people even tell their children you will be associated with the company you keep??
It's a concern to me honestly. I have a few about Senator McCains associations as well but it's not as many nor are his associations as radical.

FinFatale
09-25-2008, 05:32 PM
How would you feel MD if Senator McCain had sat on a board with David Duke? I mean come on...........

phinfan3411
09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
How would you feel MD if Senator McCain had sat on a board with David Duke? I mean come on...........

Not just that, friends with him, and political meetings at his house?

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:28 PM

I wouldn't care if McCain doesn't do anything illegal and there's nothing to jump on him about it...McCain had Hagee and others endorse him, and I didn't think that was the end of the world..let's put it perspective, half of you don't even know a thing about Ayers, haven't even thought about him..What he did 30 years ago hasn't been a problem for this country oblvious, Obama serves on a board with a citizen that by all accounts has been a model citizen...what the hell is the big deal....please make sense about this.. Answer my question, has Obama done something based on knowing Ayers?

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:35 PM
MD you know what? Last time I checked a poster can post any topic they choose not just left leaning articles or topics and its within the boundaries of the Tos rules. And as far as Americans being so simple minded I take offense to that and see no cause for such a blanket statement that was actually directed at the people that don't agree with you.
Shame on you!

And last time I check I can ask you to stop...:sidelol: Doesn't mean you have to...

Okay, I apologized about the american comment.. I guess I've seen this played out during the dem primaries, and here we go again...what I'm saying there's nothing here.. we're talking about a man who did something 30 some years ago..who's been a model citizen since, and who's not on the watch list of any gov't agency in the country.. I don't know how to say it without insulting ppl or sound condesending....but what is the big deal...Obama was 8 years old, he has no preconcieved notion about Ayers..I don't, and most american's don't, but because of politics we're trying to make something of nothing....what can you indict Ayers on today? What? That should be the test of whether this equates to something.. I'm not trying to be hard, but somethings are much to do about nothing..only because of politics, not because there's some problem... If Obama didn't know Ayers, Ayers wouldn't even be a part of the american conversation..and as I said, the people 45 and below don't really know anything about Ayers..period..

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
do you pick the people you serve on a board with?

newsflash, Obama is a Chicago politician. He is going to have relationships with community leaders in Chicago (which Ayers is, whether you like it or not, with his distinguished professor status and serving on Chicago boards).

If Obama supports Ayers politics and actions that would be a completely different thing, but working with people is not an association worth choosing to vote for a candidate that whose stances I don't agree with (McCain). I support Obama's politics/ideals, and serving with Ayers on a humanitarian board on the past isn't going to change that.

Sometimes yes, however that is not the issue, now is it? My question is do stay on a board that has a confessed domestic terrorist on it? My answer is a resounding HELL NO!

I hope you join me in that sentiment. If not you are voting for the correct person in Obama.

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:11 PM

Of course he did. Ayers didn't hide what he did in the 70's. That's why it is so insulting when Obama says Ayers did those things back in the 70's so it's all OK. Just how stupid does he think everyone is?

Obama knew what the man was, and it obviously didn't phase him at all. IMO that alone makes him a no go for my vote for President. I don't want a President that approves by proxy what terrorist do day in day out.

It's embarrassing, and it is even more embarrassing ppl defend him on this subject.

ohall
09-25-2008, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't care if McCain doesn't do anything illegal and there's nothing to jump on him about it...McCain had Hagee and others endorse him, and I didn't think that was the end of the world..let's put it perspective, half of you don't even know a thing about Ayers, haven't even thought about him..What he did 30 years ago hasn't been a problem for this country oblvious, Obama serves on a board with a citizen that by all accounts has been a model citizen...what the hell is the big deal....please make sense about this.. Answer my question, has Obama done something based on knowing Ayers?

Don't go there. McCain didn't spend 20-years in Hagee's church. It is not comparable. At least compare fruits to fruits, not a fruit to a vegetable.

Anyone here wouldn't sit on a board with a confessed domestic terrorist. Why should we expect a Presidential candidate to get away with that?

I can't wait for the 527's!

WSE
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Sometimes yes, however that is not the issue, now is it? My question is do stay on a board that has a confessed domestic terrorist on it? My answer is a resounding HELL NO!

I hope you join me in that sentiment. If not you are voting for the correct person in Obama.

I dont know much about Wood Fund, but from a quick search, this is what wiki says

"The Woods Fund of Chicago is a philanthropic organization devoted to poverty relief and the promotion of social mobility, founded in 1941."

if the board does good work and good things for the community, as this board sounds like it does, why leave over the past actions of a fellow member?.....should every member of Congress of left when David Duke got elected? if the board does good things that you agree with (poverty relief), you stay and help do the good work.

I am not voting for Obama because of his church. I am not voting for him based on who he served on a board with. I am voting for him because I agree with his platform, both domestically and abroad. I think he is one of the few politicians who understands the reality of what is going on around the world today

ohall
09-26-2008, 03:32 AM
I dont know much about Wood Fund, but from a quick search, this is what wiki says

"The Woods Fund of Chicago is a philanthropic organization devoted to poverty relief and the promotion of social mobility, founded in 1941."

if the board does good work and good things for the community, as this board sounds like it does, why leave over the past actions of a fellow member?.....should every member of Congress of left when David Duke got elected? if the board does good things that you agree with (poverty relief), you stay and help do the good work.

I am not voting for Obama because of his church. I am not voting for him based on who he served on a board with. I am voting for him because I agree with his platform, both domestically and abroad. I think he is one of the few politicians who understands the reality of what is going on around the world today

I don't care if they were trying to find the cure to cancer. If it has a Domestic Terrorist on it I'm not on that board. Now if you want to support someone that associates himself with such low life's more power to you man.

WSE
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't care if they were trying to find the cure to cancer. If it has a Domestic Terrorist on it I'm not on that board. Now if you want to support someone that associates himself with such low life's more power to you man.

so you would stop yourself from doing positive things for the community because you disagree with the past actions of a fellow member.

hmm....dont know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes you just have to put differences aside and work with what is there to acheive positive outcomes.

ohall
09-26-2008, 11:27 AM
so you would stop yourself from doing positive things for the community because you disagree with the past actions of a fellow member.

hmm....dont know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes you just have to put differences aside and work with what is there to acheive positive outcomes.

Without a doubt. If a board has a domestic terrorist on its board my opinion of that board would drastically fall to say the least. We're not talking about having someone on a board that was arrested for DUI or something. This man tried to kill ppl, it was his life's mission!

Obama showed me and anyone that is willing to look a horrible side to his ambition.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend Obama's actions.

WSE
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Without a doubt. If a board has a domestic terrorist on its board my opinion of that board would drastically fall to say the least. We're not talking about having someone on a board that was arrested for DUI or something. This man tried to kill ppl, it was his life's mission!

Obama showed me and anyone that is willing to look a horrible side to his ambition.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend Obama's actions.

Does serving on the Woods Fund count as ambition?

also, I don't know how anybody could fault a guy for serving on a humanitarian and philanthropic board. Obama is big with community and anti- poverty- its how he came up, being a community organizer before State Rep. This board sounds like (and like I said, all I know about the board is what I read- I dont reside in Chicago and know everything about it) its right up Obama's alley, what he believes in.

Like I said before, this guys past actions are horrible, but like it or not, he is big in Chicago. He is a distinguished professor for example. People have put past what he did in the crazy times of the 60's, and accept him for the positive he is doing now.

I actually think that Ayers is one of the most legit non platform criticisms of him- yea, Ayers is an associate. Honestly, he served on a humanitarian anti poverty board with Ayers, and Ayers is big in Chicago. So, I really don't care. Them serving together on a board is not going to make me vote for somebody I agree with nothing on (McCain). Im voting for Obama because I agree with him on the issues, and I think he will do best for us diplomatically, improving our falling world image.

WSE
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
and as for a board with a past terrorist drastically failing, Ayers is still on the board, and the board has been there doing seemingly positive things since 1941.

doesn't look to be failing, yet alone failing drastically.

ohall
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Does serving on the Woods Fund count as ambition?

also, I don't know how anybody could fault a guy for serving on a humanitarian and philanthropic board. Obama is big with community and anti- poverty- its how he came up, being a community organizer before State Rep. This board sounds like (and like I said, all I know about the board is what I read- I dont reside in Chicago and know everything about it) its right up Obama's alley, what he believes in.

Like I said before, this guys past actions are horrible, but like it or not, he is big in Chicago. He is a distinguished professor for example. People have put past what he did in the crazy times of the 60's, and accept him for the positive he is doing now.

I actually think that Ayers is one of the most legit non platform criticisms of him- yea, Ayers is an associate. Honestly, he served on a humanitarian anti poverty board with Ayers, and Ayers is big in Chicago. So, I really don't care. Them serving together on a board is not going to make me vote for somebody I agree with nothing on (McCain). Im voting for Obama because I agree with him on the issues, and I think he will do best for us diplomatically, improving our falling world image.

With a admitted domestic terrorist on the board? Without a doubt, balls out blind ambition. Again I can't believe anyone would try and defend Obama and his horrible decision here.

By the way our world image will not improve with a President that had past personal dealings with a domestic terrorist. He would look like the BIGGEST hypocrite that has ever lived.

But go ahead keep defending Obama. It's an even more interesting a thing to watch than ppl who defend his association with Rev. Wright who is an American hating bigot.

WSE
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
With a admitted domestic terrorist on the board? Without a doubt, balls out blind ambition. Again I can't believe anyone would try and defend Obama and his horrible decision here.

By the way our world image will not improve with a President that had past personal dealings with a domestic terrorist. He would look like the BIGGEST hypocrite that has ever lived.

But go ahead keep defending Obama. It's an even more interesting a thing to watch than ppl who defend his association with Rev. Wright who is an American hating bigot.

if he was all about political ambition, wouldn't serving on a board with Ayers go against that?

To me, he served on this board because the board does good things, things he believes in, no matter what the association would mean to his future endeavors/aspirations. To me, that is the opposite of only caring about personal ambition.

WSE
09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
and as for Wright, you know I don't think he is this racist, America hater that you seem to think

his "anti America" comments about "chickens coming home to roost" was not anti American imo. It is something an ambassador said, how our actions overseas have caused a lot of the world to dislike us. Its legit imo. Taking over countries is not something everybody is fine with.

As for the racist stuff, its more legit. However, to me, this man worked for civil rights and is a product of the 60's. He has said controversial things (and crazy things, especially the AIDS comments), but has done a lot more good than bad.

People are trying really hard to paint him as a radical bigot, as it fits them politically, but that is not the case. He is controversial, but a couple comments over many years doesn't make on a American hating bigot. It takes just a little more than that.

ohall
09-26-2008, 05:58 PM
if he was all about political ambition, wouldn't serving on a board with Ayers go against that?

To me, he served on this board because the board does good things, things he believes in, no matter what the association would mean to his future endeavors/aspirations. To me, that is the opposite of only caring about personal ambition.

How so, he's getting away with it isn't he? He knows the mainstream media will do everything it can to cover him. They agree with him and you that it is not really a big deal. A very sad situation IMO.

You can think w/e you want as to why he served on a board with an admitted domestic terrorist. The fact is he still sat on that board. Shameful, no spin can or will change that.

ohall
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
and as for Wright, you know I don't think he is this racist, America hater that you seem to think

his "anti America" comments about "chickens coming home to roost" was not anti American imo. It is something an ambassador said, how our actions overseas have caused a lot of the world to dislike us. Its legit imo. Taking over countries is not something everybody is fine with.

As for the racist stuff, its more legit. However, to me, this man worked for civil rights and is a product of the 60's. He has said controversial things (and crazy things, especially the AIDS comments), but has done a lot more good than bad.

People are trying really hard to paint him as a radical bigot, as it fits them politically, but that is not the case. He is controversial, but a couple comments over many years doesn't make on a American hating bigot. It takes just a little more than that.

Rev. Wright is a good man that has done a lot for his community. No one can take that away from him, nor do I know anyone that wants to take that away from him. However his comments are and were American hating and without a doubt bigoted. Good ppl can also do bad things. I live in the real world, I hope you do as well. I also think Black Liberation Theology is not exactly a white loving based religion.

The point is Obama stayed in a church where the Rev. was making these comments for years and he didn't think twice about staying in that church. That to me is all about his personal judgment. This is the same guy that said we should nuke Pakistan, that Iran was not a real risk because it is a small country and he would sit down with any world leader without any pre-conditions.

He scares the living hell out of me!

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Don't go there. McCain didn't spend 20-years in Hagee's church. It is not comparable. At least compare fruits to fruits, not a fruit to a vegetable.

Anyone here wouldn't sit on a board with a confessed domestic terrorist. Why should we expect a Presidential candidate to get away with that?

I can't wait for the 527's!

I doubt that Ohall, there were more than Obama sitting on those boards, I'd call them more mature than a lot of the ppl you're referring to.. Obama spending 20 years in that church was probably the best spiritual experience one can get in church..since I know wright and don't share you guys ignorance on him, I know better than the politics that was play is all he's about...sorry, but I'd take wright over hagee any day in terms of biblical teaching and knowledge.. Did you like th 527 on McCain's illness..is that the kind of stuff you look for smear ads...shows what you're about, not issues, not what's best but smears....

ohall
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I doubt that Ohall, there were more than Obama sitting on those boards, I'd call them more mature than a lot of the ppl you're referring to.. Obama spending 20 years in that church was probably the best spiritual experience one can get in church..since I know wright and don't share you guys ignorance on him, I know better than the politics that was play is all he's about...sorry, but I'd take wright over hagee any day in terms of biblical teaching and knowledge.. Did you like th 527 on McCain's illness..is that the kind of stuff you look for smear ads...shows what you're about, not issues, not what's best but smears....

I'm ignorant when it comes to Rev. Wright now?

Isn't that a TWO way street?

MDFINFAN
09-27-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm ignorant when it comes to Rev. Wright now?

Isn't that a TWO way street?

No it's not, Ohall did you know anything about wright prior to this election, have you ever follow wright prior to this election? If you've never heard or knew anything about him prior to this election...then you don't know Wright..you know only what political ppl want you to know.. Wright has been pissed this whole election cycle, and his performance at the press club is not indicative of what he's done for a long time in his pastorial life.

ohall
09-27-2008, 11:50 AM
No it's not, Ohall did you know anything about wright prior to this election, have you ever follow wright prior to this election? If you've never heard or knew anything about him prior to this election...then you don't know Wright..you know only what political ppl want you to know.. Wright has been pissed this whole election cycle, and his performance at the press club is not indicative of what he's done for a long time in his pastorial life.

What does any of that have to do with his American hating bigoted comments that he has made and defended?

I'm sorry you are obviously blinded here with some kind of personal like for the man. Good men can do bad things.

I've also stated Black liberation theology is not exactly an white loving religion. I think the man is starting off in a very bigoted place.

MDFINFAN
09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
What does any of that have to do with his American hating bigoted comments that he has made and defended?

I'm sorry you are obviously blinded here with some kind of personal like for the man. Good men can do bad things.

I've also stated Black liberation theology is not exactly an white loving religion. I think the man is starting off in a very bigoted place.

Ohall, America has done a lot of what he said, that's not anti american, that's facts and his opinion.. Black liberation theology is a non race thing... unfortunately we see things in only race color and not race oppression, which includes all colors, but trying to explain something like that to someone who has their mind made up it's about race is a waste of my time.
The liberation theology as a whole is straight from the bible Ohall..it's base on scriptures of Jesus words.. I put a whole thing about it on here before..race as you see it, is not the heart of the teaching..oppression is, and who's ever in charge of the oppression is id, if wrights in a black leader country he will use black leaders, if the country has white leaders, he will use white, if the country is a hispanic lead country, he'd use hispanic...if Obama becomes president of the US, he's used black leader is leading these oppressive laws.. but the emphasis is not the color as in racism, it in who the person that's leading is.. but it has nothing to do with racism..in terms how a leader is id... that's hard for most since we're use to referring to a color to indicate racism in some form.. that's why whites, blacks, and hispanics go to that church, they understand where he's coming from, those outside won't, until they get the literature and indoctrination of the churchs and theology.. I also said some of the language is for shock value and to get the attention of his congregation....His mentor, a white guy, does the same thing.. but if you don't know the history or have followed, you only see racism and anti american because of the limited exposure you have to the doctrine and him as a person.. okay, i'm finish, wasted my time, but always willing to share info with you..

ohall
09-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Ohall, America has done a lot of what he said, that's not anti american, that's facts and his opinion.. Black liberation theology is a non race thing... unfortunately we see things in only race color and not race oppression, which includes all colors, but trying to explain something like that to someone who has their mind made up it's about race is a waste of my time.
The liberation theology as a whole is straight from the bible Ohall..it's base on scriptures of Jesus words.. I put a whole thing about it on here before..race as you see it, is not the heart of the teaching..oppression is, and who's ever in charge of the oppression is id, if wrights in a black leader country he will use black leaders, if the country has white leaders, he will use white, if the country is a hispanic lead country, he'd use hispanic...if Obama becomes president of the US, he's used black leader is leading these oppressive laws.. but the emphasis is not the color as in racism, it in who the person that's leading is.. but it has nothing to do with racism..in terms how a leader is id... that's hard for most since we're use to referring to a color to indicate racism in some form.. that's why whites, blacks, and hispanics go to that church, they understand where he's coming from, those outside won't, until they get the literature and indoctrination of the churchs and theology.. I also said some of the language is for shock value and to get the attention of his congregation....His mentor, a white guy, does the same thing.. but if you don't know the history or have followed, you only see racism and anti american because of the limited exposure you have to the doctrine and him as a person.. okay, i'm finish, wasted my time, but always willing to share info with you..

Yes my mind is made up just as yours is. I have my reasons and you have yours. I know your reasons and this is not a subject that you will ever see it my way for obvious reasons.

Rev. Wright obviously makes sense to you. People like him have made millions off of ppl like you. IMO it's is truly a sad situation. When you cater to the lowest emotions in ppl you can make a mint.

MDFINFAN
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes my mind is made up just as yours is. I have my reasons and you have yours. I know your reasons and this is not a subject that you will ever see it my way for obvious reasons.

Rev. Wright obviously makes sense to you. People like him have made millions off of ppl like you. IMO it's is truly a sad situation. When you cater to the lowest emotions in ppl you can make a mint.

I've never given him a dime...the obvious reasons are we want to think in terms of race and politics... I understand that....you never answered my question, did you know anything about him before this election season?

ohall
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I've never given him a dime...the obvious reasons are we want to think in terms of race and politics... I understand that....you never answered my question, did you know anything about him before this election season?

I heard my brother talk about him a few years ago. My brother is very curious about all religions and churches. He travels a lot for his job. I know he's been to Rev. Wrights church. I don't think he mentioned his name specifically the night we talked, but Black liberation theology came up more than Rev. Wright did.

As I said I don't view Black liberation theology as you do.