PDA

View Full Version : They've Reached an Agreement

poornate
09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
In light of this does, McCain still get out of the debate?

P.S.- Oh if I had money to call my broker this morning....

ohall
09-25-2008, 01:51 PM
In light of this does, McCain still get out of the debate?

P.S.- Oh if I had money to call my broker this morning....

Why would McCain want to get out of a debate dealing with foreign policy/affairs?

As far as I know that is the theme of the debate that was/is sched. for tomorrow.

poornate
09-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Because, despite his reputation, he has looked clueless and danger ous when it comes to this issue....

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Because, despite his reputation, he has looked clueless and danger ous when it comes to this issue....

Obama has the same Foreign Policy/Affairs as Mccain. So why is Obama not clueless and dangerous on this issue?

ohall
09-25-2008, 02:09 PM

Which issue?

If you are talking about the economic crisis, I couldn't disagree more. McCain has shown nothing but why he would be a good President. Presidents lead.

But even if you were correct why would he want to get out of a debate that deals with foreign affairs? Sorry it doesn't make any sense.

poornate
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Obama has the same Foreign Policy/Affairs as Mccain. So why is Obama not clueless and dangerous on this issue?

same, samey same same same.. same same sames sounds same for the same same same...words.. same same same same...

They are completely different on this issue...

Same same same.. samey same same...same.. and finally.. same.

ohall
09-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Huh? Obama doesn't have 1% of the experience of dealing with foreign affairs.

Do you not remember his silly comments when Russia went after Georgia?

MoFinz
09-25-2008, 02:12 PM
i love Buffett's sweetheart deal he got.......he gets paid for life, no matter what.

Wish i had been born with a silver spoon in my mouth instead of a plastic Spork

poornate
09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Which issue?

If you are talking about the economic crisis, I couldn't disagree more. McCain has shown nothing but why he would be a good President. Presidents lead.

But even if you were correct why would he want to get out of a debate that deals with foreign affairs? Sorry it doesn't make any sense.

I don't even think the economy is debatable.. McCain has looked slow and lost... but I'm not even talking about the economy... I am talking about foreign policy... supposedly McCain's ace... and he has looked uninformed and terribly weak in that area for the entire campaign... not off of statements or reputation... but off of evidence supplied by the candidate... I think that after the economy, foreign policy has looked like his biggest weakness for this entire campaign....

ohall
09-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't even think the economy is debatable.. McCain has looked slow and lost... but I'm not even talking about the economy... I am talking about foreign policy... supposedly McCain's ace... and he has looked uninformed and terribly weak in that area for the entire campaign... not off of statements or reputation... but off of evidence supplied by the candidate... I think that after the economy, foreign policy has looked like his biggest weakness for this entire campaign....

So you think McCain or anyone else who follows politics would agree with your sentiment?

I doubt it, McCain's strong suit is foreign policy, and I've never heard anyone go where you just went.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Which issue?

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
i love Buffett's sweetheart deal he got.......he gets paid for life, no matter what.

Wish i had been born with a silver spoon in my mouth instead of a plastic Spork

I don't understand, isn't he the kind of ppl you guys love to give money.. I thought wealth redistribution is one of the main theme of the repubs..to the rich... I don't understand your statement..:unsure:

poornate
09-25-2008, 02:25 PM
So you think McCain or anyone else who follows politics would agree with your sentiment?

I doubt it, McCain's strong suit is foreign policy, and I've never heard anyone go where you just went.

Oh.. you are definitely right... He proposed tossing Russia out of the G-8 (the most revolutionary foreign policy initiative in three generations, and a tipping point for another Cold War)... he confuses national borders... he labels everyone as a terrorist... he supports a no diplomacy program.... he argues proximity as foreign policy experience for his Veep (to the exasperation of everyone with a realistic view)... he has looked really sharp...

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
They may have reached an agreement, but this is far from over. I see this going on all weekend.

Clipse
Ummmm, I'm with everyone else on this issue, why the hell would he not want to debate foreign policy? I would love to debate foreign policy with Barack because Obama has 0% experience in that field. Foreign Policy is McCain's strength. Just doesn't make sense at all to not debate over something your better at.

MDFINFAN

Okay, I've heard this, i've researched this, I've listen to his suggestions on the subject...now I have to ask...other than ppl automatically saying that..

Why do you think he's strong on foreign affairs?

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Obama trumps McCain in foreign affairs. You heard it here first folks. Obama has talked to more people than McCain could ever dream of. Just this summer he spoke to over 200,000 europeans. I mean, you just can't beat that for foreign policy. :)

Edit: I forgot to put my smiley face just so no one takes me seriously on this.

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
same, samey same same same.. same same sames sounds same for the same same same...words.. same same same same...

They are completely different on this issue...

Same same same.. samey same same...same.. and finally.. same.

What's the matter? Don't like me using Obama's own slogan. "More of the Same". It's ok when he does it. But when I do it. That's a different story.

So their foreign policy is completely different?

Let's see.

When it comes to Iraq. The only difference is troop levels. Both sides won't end the war in Iraq. Obama's own plan calls for a 2 year phased withdrawl that will leave 50,000 troops in Iraq for years to come. Which Mccain supports. So no matter which way we vote. The war in Iraq will not end and troops will still be there.

When it comes to Iran. Both of them have said that war with Iran is on the table. And they both said that Iran's Army is a terrorist organization. Not exactly a difference there.

When it comes to Pakistan. Obama said that he would attack Pakistan without permission.

When it comes to Afghanistan both of them have said that they want to send more troops there. So where is the difference?

The fact is when it comes to Foreign Policy and War. There is no difference.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Obama trumps McCain in foreign affairs. You heard it here first folks. Obama has talked to more people than McCain could ever dream of. Just this summer he spoke to over 200,000 europeans. I mean, you just can't beat that for foreign policy. :)

Edit: I forgot to put my smiley face just so no one takes me seriously on this.

Again, instead of the spin, tell us why McCain is so qualified for foreign affairs? I'm still waiting for you guys answers...I do know what both men have done...so make sure your answer is measured..:up:

WSE
09-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh.. you are definitely right... He proposed tossing Russia out of the G-8 (the most revolutionary foreign policy initiative in three generations, and a tipping point for another Cold War)... he confuses national borders... he labels everyone as a terrorist... he supports a no diplomacy program.... he argues proximity as foreign policy experience for his Veep (to the exasperation of everyone with a realistic view)... he has looked really sharp...

yep. Foreign policy wise, McCain is experienced, but experience doesn't substitute for having different ideals that a majority of this country (who wants to get out of Iraq at all costs right now)

experience is one thing, but its old experience. Its a new world we live in. We are not the one dominant power anymore, like we were directly after the cold war. We need to work together with the rest of the world.

WSE
09-25-2008, 02:57 PM
as for this agreement, I think it happened way to fast

its way to complicated of an issue to come up with an agreement this fast. Its something that will affect our economy in a huge for the foreseeable future. Get it right

as for the agreement, it better include congressional oversight. I don't agree with giving that much money to the Bush administration/Paulson without oversight.

poornate
09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
What's the matter? Don't like me using Obama's own slogan. "More of the Same". It's ok when he does it. But when I do it. That's a different story.

I think anything that is repeated to a certain degree is annoying.... Him and you... Yes there policy is different and you know it... I know, I know... we need to jerk the soldiers out of Iraq and get them back here to defend against immigrants or something... but in reality, you know, the place our soldiers are, it is not safe to do that... both candidates offer a different idea of the resolution to the Iraq affair... One candidate supports diplomacy, the other is more of a hard power type of guy... big difference...

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Ummmm, I'm with everyone else on this issue, why the hell would he not want to debate foreign policy? I would love to debate foreign policy with Barack because Obama has 0% experience in that field. Foreign Policy is McCain's strength. Just doesn't make sense at all to not debate over something your better at.

For someone with 0 experience, his judgement calls on the matter have been better than the so called experience one..but no one seems to want to explain the experience...show me the McCain experience on the subject please, what has he done that's so experienced...??

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 03:15 PM

I think anything that is repeated to a certain degree is annoying.... Him and you... Yes there policy is different and you know it... I know, I know... we need to jerk the soldiers out of Iraq and get them back here to defend against immigrants or something... but in reality, you know, the place our soldiers are, it is not safe to do that... both candidates offer a different idea of the resolution to the Iraq affair... One candidate supports diplomacy, the other is more of a hard power type of guy... big difference...[/quote]
No. Both candidates will not end the war in Iraq. And both candidates will leave troops in Iraq. That's the facts. The only difference is troop levels. How bout the rest of the similarities that you ignored.

When it comes to Iran. Both of them have said that war with Iran is on the table. And they both said that Iran's Army is a terrorist organization. Not exactly a difference there.

When it comes to Pakistan. Obama said that he would attack Pakistan without permission.

When it comes to Afghanistan both of them have said that they want to send more troops there. So where is the difference?

More War no matter which way we go. The American people have no choice.

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Again, instead of the spin, tell us why McCain is so qualified for foreign affairs? I'm still waiting for us guys answers...I do know what both men have done...so make sure your answer is measured..:up::wrongforum:

poornate
09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
War is on the table for every nation under every president... so this statement means nothing.

America holds the military authority to strike within and nation at any time with or without their permission.. Pakistan is no exception. Especially if the attack is aimed at Bin Laden or other key specific criminals. No issue here.

Afghanistan needs more troops... both men are smart enough to recognize it... What's the point?

These are givens... how about diplomacy and transfer to the global south? How about support of burgeoning democracy? How about policy in regards to Africa? China? How about The Chinese and Darfur? There are huge differences here....

arsenal
09-25-2008, 03:24 PM
lol@everyone purposely ignoring MDFINFAN's posts... i guess its easier to ignore a question when you dont have an answer for it...

Dolphins9954
09-25-2008, 03:41 PM
War is on the table for every nation under every president... so this statement means nothing.

America holds the military authority to strike within and nation at any time with or without their permission.. Pakistan is no exception. Especially if the attack is aimed at Bin Laden or other key specific criminals. No issue here.

Afghanistan needs more troops... both men are smart enough to recognize it... What's the point?

These are givens... how about diplomacy and transfer to the global south? How about support of burgeoning democracy? How about policy in regards to Africa? China? How about The Chinese and Darfur? There are huge differences here....

A policy of war trumps all of that. When Obama continues the same middle east foreign policy of Bush and Mccain. Then how will he make things better in Africa and Darfur? Our Middle Eastern Foreign policy makes all other policies a side note.

poornate
09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
A policy of war trumps all of that. When Obama continues the same middle east foreign policy of Bush and Mccain. Then how will he make things better in Africa and Darfur? Our Middle Eastern Foreign policy makes all other policies a side note.

There is no Obama policy of war... if he gains the presidency he will inherit war... that is it... He's not in the slightest bit hawkish and you can't turn him that way with fact, so don't try.... ME policy does trump all right now... and until the two wars we are in are resolved there is little that can be done there....

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
:wrongforum:

This is politic forum isn't it..my question was of a potical matter brought up by you guys wasn't it.. I don't think in that light I have to go to the other forum to get an answer about a political question...do I? the other forum is strickly about that subject..

Dolphan7
09-25-2008, 03:48 PM
This is politic forum isn't it..my question was of a potical matter brought up by you guys wasn't it.. I don't think in that light I have to go to the other forum to get an answer about a political question...do I? the other forum is strickly about that subject..

:threadjacked:

LouPhinFan
09-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Okay, I've heard this, i've researched this, I've listen to his suggestions on the subject...now I have to ask...other than ppl automatically saying that..

http://www.nysun.com/national/mccains-foreign-policy-experience-has-breadth/72988/

As Democrats Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Obama fight over which of them has the credentials to be the next commander in chief, Mr. McCain offers a much lengthier foreign policy and military resume.

Now 71, he was born in the Canal Zone, where his father, a naval officer, was stationed. A graduate of the Naval Academy, Mr. McCain flew in Vietnam and was a prisoner of war for more than five years. In the Senate, he is the senior Republican on the Armed Services Committee.

He has visited every region of the world, including Antarctica and the Arctic Circle, and frequently meets with leaders of the countries to which he's traveled, both when he visits their countries and when they visit the United States.

Mr. McCain has been across the world so many times that aides named off the tops of their heads some 69 countries he's visited including Azerbaijan, Estonia, Laos, and Palau and warned the list was far from exhaustive.

Aides say he keeps up to speed on the politics and policies of many nations a passion he regularly displays to reporters traveling with him and understands the long-term ramifications of having well-established personal relationships with foreign leaders.

He makes it a point to meet with up-and-comers, too. Aides say he met Angela Merkel at a Munich conference several years ago before she became German chancellor. In summer 2004, Mr. McCain met at a restaurant with Viktor Yushchenko before the Orange Revolution when he was elected Ukrainian president.

Next week, Mr. McCain is expected to meet with Prime Minister Brown of Britain for the first time, and President Sarkozy of France for the third time. He met and corresponded with Mr. Sarkozy both before and after he was elected. The two last saw each other last summer.

Mr. McCain has relationships with every leader in Israel he plans to see, including Prime Minister Olmert, the foreign minister, Tzipi Livni, the defense minister, Ehud Barak, and the hawkish opposition leader, Benjamin Netanyahu.

The senator last met with Prime Minister al-Maliki of Iraq last Thanksgiving, and he's also gotten to know other members of the Iraqi government.

:)

Blackocrates
09-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Come on D7 I know you can do a better job of avoiding MD's question. Add some cleverness, with just a touch of wit.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.nysun.com/national/mccains-foreign-policy-experience-has-breadth/72988/

Well at least someone tried.. McCain the world traveler, not bad, not foreign policies, but he's at least met foreign leaders..Okay...I can accept that..:up:

Blackocrates
09-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Well at least someone tried.. McCain the world traveler, not bad, not foreign policies, but he's at least met foreign leaders..Okay...I can accept that..:up:

McCain wins, he went to the arctic circle. Case closed.

Joe Robbie
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Well at least someone tried.. McCain the world traveler, not bad, not foreign policies, but he's at least met foreign leaders..Okay...I can accept that..:up:And here is a summary of obamas foreign policy experience..................

crickets

LouPhinFan
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM

I've never put much weight in anyone's foreign policy experience, or lack there of. That's why presidents have foreign policy advisors. US legislators are only going to have so much foreign policy experience. They're not presidents. Yeah they can form some foreign policy legistation or what not but its still only going to be so much. At least McCain has met foreign leaders and more or less knows how things work abroad. He's been around for a while.

#1 Fan
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
McCain wins, he went to the arctic circle. Case closed.

:lol:

milldog
09-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Come on D7 I know you can do a better job of avoiding MD's question. Add some cleverness, with just a touch of wit.

Maybe some spin as well!:up:

BillParFan
09-25-2008, 07:03 PM

NYSun....

WOW!:lol:

Word is that they're so popular that by monday they'll be out of business!

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 09:59 PM
NYSun....

WOW!:lol:

Word is that they're so popular that by monday they'll be out of business!

I tried to leave that alone..

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:05 PM
And here is a summary of obamas foreign policy experience..................

crickets

If we use Lou's example did you not see Obama overseas this summer or were you not paying attention and that's why you came up with this smear...
Remember his visits this summer were so successful, that the repubs got jealous and called Obama a rockstar....well, McCain should have never asked him to go.... I think he's met and form enough of a relationship to affectively do what he has to do as president.. I didn't see the France president gloat about McCain like he did about Obama....so much for knowing all the leaders..you have to have cred...Obama has it with them and McCain doesn't...but if you go a little furture, you'll find that McCain has no foreign relation policy experience, he's don't nothing foreign policy wise in behalf of the US....Just look at his 26 years in the senate if you don't believe me, this experience is a puff and we buy it as usual, why, because someone told us to.:rolleyes:

ohall
09-25-2008, 10:44 PM

lol you guys are seriously losing it man!

ohall
09-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Again, instead of the spin, tell us why McCain is so qualified for foreign affairs? I'm still waiting for you guys answers...I do know what both men have done...so make sure your answer is measured..:up:

My God you actually believe this don't you? I thought you were trying to act silly or something.

The man ran an Air Force squadron. That alone trumps the local community picnic supervisor Obama.

You guys have serious fallen off the silly truck!

LouPhinFan
09-25-2008, 10:53 PM
If we use Lou's example did you not see Obama overseas this summer or were you not paying attention and that's why you came up with this smear...
Remember his visits this summer were so successful, that the repubs got jealous and called Obama a rockstar....well, McCain should have never asked him to go.... I think he's met and form enough of a relationship to affectively do what he has to do as president.. I didn't see the France president gloat about McCain like he did about Obama....so much for knowing all the leaders..you have to have cred...Obama has it with them and McCain doesn't...but if you go a little furture, you'll find that McCain has no foreign relation policy experience, he's don't nothing foreign policy wise in behalf of the US....Just look at his 26 years in the senate if you don't believe me, this experience is a puff and we buy it as usual, why, because someone told us to.:rolleyes:

You're really touting Obama's tour? Seriously?:lol:

Obama followers will defend that guy to the end. If he kicked a puppy in full view of CNN cameras tomorrow, you guys would say the puppy deserved it.

MDFINFAN
09-25-2008, 10:59 PM
You're really touting Obama's tour? Seriously?:lol:

Obama followers will defend that guy to the end. If he kicked a puppy in full view of CNN cameras tomorrow, you guys would say the puppy deserved it.

no, I was comparing it to the stuff you gave on McVain..world travelors, I thought if that qualifies, then Obama's okay... At least I can say when he goes overseas, he does it well....:up:

LouPhinFan
09-26-2008, 05:58 AM
no, I was comparing it to the stuff you gave on McVain..world travelors, I thought if that qualifies, then Obama's okay... At least I can say when he goes overseas, he does it well....:up:

As any good rock star should...;)