PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden Ad-Libs His Way Into the Headlines Again

FinFatale
09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428203,00.html

Isn't Senator Biden the one with all the " touted" experience in Foreign affairs...............

The Democratic vice presidential nominee criticized John McCain for opposing negotiations with Iran, saying, "After seven years... the Bush administration realized the absurdity of its own policy and sent our leading diplomat to Iran. The assistant secretary of state as he went to Tehran, sat down at the instruction of the president of the United States."
Oops.
No such meeting ever happened. There was a meeting with Iran but it was Undersecretary William Burns and it was in Switzerland ó not Iran ó and Burns merely sat in on discussions between Iranian representatives and other international diplomats. Burns had no negotiating role and was just an observer.

really though I just can't help but like Senator Biden....

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Isn't Senator Biden the one with all the " touted" experience in Foreign affairs............... really though I just can't help but like Senator Biden....

:sidelol::sidelol: that was funny... but it just doesn't come to the level of Palins. she's becoming the all time foot in the mouth person, even over bush 1 vp...

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
:sidelol::sidelol: that was funny... but it just doesn't come to the level of Palins. she's becoming the all time foot in the mouth person, even over bush 1 vp...

Yeah, i know...Joe hasn't goofed at all except this once...oops....

sorry, that would be a fact, and i'm nototrious for not giving those out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q1z532U7hE

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
So? He got the place and name wrong, but it happened.

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, i know...Joe hasn't goofed at all except this once...oops....

sorry, that would be a fact, and i'm nototrious for not giving those out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q1z532U7hE

That's not what I'm saying...I'm just suggesting that he doesn't come to the level of a Palin...your girl..but I guess you understand her.. She just doesn't make sense to me..if you want to defend her, that's your choice...but from what I'm seeing and listening to her say..don't get mad at me for laughing..and crying at the same time, because she could end up being VP..and it's sad state, that's all.

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 05:16 PM
That's not what I'm saying...I'm just suggesting that he doesn't come to the level of a Palin...your girl..but I guess you understand her.. She just doesn't make sense to me..if you want to defend her, that's your choice...but from what I'm seeing and listening to her say..don't get mad at me for laughing..and crying at the same time, because she could end up being VP..and it's sad state, that's all.

Dude, thats what makes us as Americans great. You can feel that way. To me, she isnt the career politican, someone who didnt need the grief along with the raising of a family, but she did it anyway. She sees herself as a public servant and a steward for her kids future.

You know i have a sense of humor, and you know i havent jumped all over Biden for all his gaffes, because i dont really think he's racist twoards Indians or insesnitive to the wheelchair bound. Theyre not major mistakes, much as palins mistakes have not been major. I feel like she's scrutinized unfairly compared to Obama, who has been handled pretty gently, much as McCain has. Biden isnt even on the radar screen. How fair is that?

People are just too quick to jump on any perceived weakness, be it real or imaginary. And that bothers me more than anything else. Dont agree with her policies? Thats fine. Dont like her beliefs? Thats cool to. But to belittle what she has done and make her somehow less worthy of the VP office than Obama is of the Oval Office, with even less experience, is the height of hypocriscy to me.

Now, i'm not calling YOU a hypocrite....this is the kinder gentler Mo. What i'm trying to convey to you is why it is that i fell Palin is given the harshest hand of any of these candidates, when in fact she has more promise for change in DC than any of the 3 men on the ticket.

It doesnt make you a woman hater if you dont like her. But damn it, make sure you dont like her for the right reason. Remember all those rumors and innuendo going on about her and her family? Tell me honestly, which candidate had to put up with as much. Obama had his share of stories come out that were totally false, and i agree, that was wrong. But who has attacked his kids? His relationship with his wife? His freaking hair and glasses?

Come on...we should all be better than that

BillParFan
09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Dude, thats what makes us as Americans great. You can feel that way. To me, she isnt the career politican, someone who didnt need the grief along with the raising of a family, but she did it anyway. She sees herself as a public servant and a steward for her kids future.

You know i have a sense of humor, and you know i havent jumped all over Biden for all his gaffes, because i dont really think he's racist twoards Indians or insesnitive to the wheelchair bound. Theyre not major mistakes, much as palins mistakes have not been major. I feel like she's scrutinized unfairly compared to Obama, who has been handled pretty gently, much as McCain has. Biden isnt even on the radar screen. How fair is that?

People are just too quick to jump on any perceived weakness, be it real or imaginary. And that bothers me more than anything else. Dont agree with her policies? Thats fine. Dont like her beliefs? Thats cool to. But to belittle what she has done and make her somehow less worthy of the VP office than Obama is of the Oval Office, with even less experience, is the height of hypocriscy to me.

Now, i'm not calling YOU a hypocrite....this is the kinder gentler Mo. What i'm trying to convey to you is why it is that i fell Palin is given the harshest hand of any of these candidates, when in fact she has more promise for change in DC than any of the 3 men on the ticket.

It doesnt make you a woman hater if you dont like her. But damn it, make sure you dont like her for the right reason. Remember all those rumors and innuendo going on about her and her family? Tell me honestly, which candidate had to put up with as much. Obama had his share of stories come out that were totally false, and i agree, that was wrong. But who has attacked his kids? His relationship with his wife? His freaking hair and glasses?

Palin hasn't made major mistakes?

From Kathleen Parker (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=), a very conservative columnist and Pain supporter. No longer it seems....

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, Iíve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. Iíve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Best line............

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Palin hasn't made major mistakes?

From Kathleen Parker (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=), a very conservative columnist and Pain supporter. No longer it seems....

Best line............

again....you're not getting it. Am i shocked? No

:rolleyes:

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 06:31 PM

It's not about jumping on any preceived weakness.. I think you missed the point, it's about a person who's shown she not ready for prime time..period.. I don't begrudge you your choice..but your choice just makes me shake my head and laugh...because ppl want her to be VP...and that scares me, not you, but me.. I have to live with her too..as she'll also be my VP..and with McCain at 72, it's not a lot for her to be president.. I just think differently than you...IMHO, I think my standards are higher, not that she has to be in washington for years...I can vote for a person with no dc experience in a heartbeat, I just want them to be competent..that's all. I actually think she smarter than what she's showing..but I think she's being filled with books and is trying to repeat the buzz words and it's making her look like a fool.. sorry but that's the way i see it..

MDFINFAN
09-26-2008, 06:33 PM
again....you're not getting it. Am i shocked? No

Are you still voting for her...yes..and that's the point everyone is making...

MoFinz
09-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Are you still voting for her...yes..and that's the point everyone is making...

Youre not responsible for his post, ergo you dont have to defend him. He totally ignored the whole post to post an opinion, one which he will hold as a fact.

I really do get your concerns about her. I swear i do. But i am looking at the whole picture here, and truthfully, having Obama as a president scares me a hell of a lot more than Palin being Vice President. It's something you want, but i know you remember Jimmy Carter. And i wanted that change back in 76. Having lived thru it, i can see the similarities between the men, and if anything, Obama is more charismatic as opposed to Carters homespun charm. But in the end, theyre both the same. And that, my friend, scares the bejeebies outta me

Clipse
09-26-2008, 10:23 PM
So? He got the place and name wrong, but it happened.
What a joke of a post... I bet if it had been McCain that got the name and place wrong, you would've flamed his *** off for it, saying "Just another reason he's not suited to be president" or some other B.S. like that.

WSE
09-27-2008, 12:48 AM

Isn't Senator Biden the one with all the " touted" experience in Foreign affairs............... really though I just can't help but like Senator Biden....

does Biden know the difference between Sunni and Shiiite?

Tetragrammaton
09-27-2008, 12:57 AM
What a joke of a post... I bet if it had been McCain that got the name and place wrong, you would've flamed his *** off for it, saying "Just another reason he's not suited to be president" or some other B.S. like that.

Then you bet wrong. This isn't Crossfire.

ohall
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Depends on the day of the week.

MoFinz
09-27-2008, 11:46 PM

Sure he does

Sunni's run Dunkn Donuts
Shiites drive cabs

sheesh, don't question Joe....Joe knows......

(this post was made in jest referencing Sen. Bidens gaffe in the past. In no way does it represent my view on owners or operators of Dunkn Donuts and Taxi Cabs. I have used both services many times and always received excellent service from whomever was working, no matter their age sex nationality religious beliefs or sexual orientation.)

I'm MoFinz, I'm an A-hole and i approved this message

Dolphan7
09-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Sure he does

Sunni's run Dunkn Donuts
Shiites drive cabs

sheesh, don't question Joe....Joe knows......

(this post was made in jest referencing Sen. Bidens gaffe in the past. In no way does it represent my view on owners or operators of Dunkn Donuts and Taxi Cabs. I have used both services many times and always received excellent service from whomever was working, no matter their age sex nationality religious beliefs or sexual orientation.)
:rolleyes:You forgot "This post was approved by Mofinz":tongue: