PDA

View Full Version : We lost a big dolphin fan today, please say a prayer for her

Phinsdude
09-26-2008, 05:46 PM
To all my fellow dolphin fans:

I was raised in a family where sports was everything. I became a major fin fan 10 years ago, and used to go to all the games with friends and so forth. When money became an issue with them, I turned to my best friend to accompany me, my mom. She because an even bigger Dolphin fan then myself, and I bleed aqua and orange. We lost her today to a battle with cancer. It seems ironic that she left us on a bye week, but I know that was her plan. Though she wasn't all there on Sunday, we were able to watch the Dolphins best game in years. Her response to the game was "wow." I know she will be watching our turn around, and she will be there when we win the super bowl in a matter of years. Please say a prayer for her and my family tonight.

SuperMarksBros.
09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Sorry about your loss.

MadDog 88
09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. My wife's mom (who I am very close to) is battling breast cancer. It has already taken 2 of her sisters. It's tough to watch someone you love go through that. She;s much better off now and may she rest in peace.

My prayers are with you brother.

Itsdahumidity
09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
My heart goes out to you & your family Phinsdude. God bless your mom.

CedarPhin
09-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother earlier this summer, it was a really bad ordeal.

My thoughts go out to you.

Batroc
09-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. At least you got to have one last special moment with her, because the older we all get, the more precious that time with loved ones becomes. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith my fellow Fin Fan.

Vaark
09-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. RIP "Mom"

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

#1Phins
09-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry for you loss

nosleep
09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

CDNPHIN
09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
God bless.

srdnaty
09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

dolfan94
09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
RIP. Just think that she's in a better place now.

Dfootball11
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
sorry for your loss.. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.. and thank you for sharing your story with us.. it is good to be able to rejoice in a game like this and hold something in common.. may she rest in peace

Fish-Head
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Thank you for sharing such a personal story... It keeps everything in perspective... Thoughts and best wishes for you and your family in a very difficult time.

Myles Fynch
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Prayers sent. Best wishes for comfort during this difficult time. I know she's in a better place.

dreamwalker
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM

I was raised in a family where sports was everything. I became a major fin fan 10 years ago, and used to go to all the games with friends and so forth. When money became an issue with them, I turned to my best friend to accompany me, my mom. She because an even bigger Dolphin fan then myself, and I bleed aqua and orange. We lost her today to a battle with cancer. It seems ironic that she left us on a bye week, but I know that was her plan. Though she wasn't all there on Sunday, we were able to watch the Dolphins best game in years. Her response to the game was "wow." I know she will be watching our turn around, and she will be there when we win the super bowl in a matter of years. Please say a prayer for her and my family tonight.

My prayers are with you.

milldog
09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. God bless!

johngarry
09-26-2008, 06:19 PM
She's in luck...God, is a Dolfan! Be at peace; you & your family.

Mannyjr23
09-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry for your loss :(

Lorenzo Rules
09-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I am sorry to hear your mom passed away and my prayers are with you as well.

Bonedoc7777
09-26-2008, 06:28 PM
God bless all of you

Sundance Kid
09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Sorry to read of your Loss....stay strong in a tough time for your Family....
Best always...

JC
09-26-2008, 06:35 PM
she's in a peaceful place now.

john 11:25-26

25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

DKphin
09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry for your loss

feelthepain
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM

I'm happy you were able to share one last memory with her. It's something you can keep close to your heart and never forget, not everyone gets that chance. My prayers are whith her.

Tru Balla
09-26-2008, 07:03 PM
sorry to hear that god bless

BLUESTIGIDY
09-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Keep your head up and may God bring peace to you and yours!
Even though I don't know you personally ---- I'm glad you were able to share that special moment with your Mom because nobody will ever be able to take that from you.... That truly is priceless!!!

Wildbill3
09-26-2008, 07:36 PM

I was raised in a family where sports was everything. I became a major fin fan 10 years ago, and used to go to all the games with friends and so forth. When money became an issue with them, I turned to my best friend to accompany me, my mom. She because an even bigger Dolphin fan then myself, and I bleed aqua and orange. We lost her today to a battle with cancer. It seems ironic that she left us on a bye week, but I know that was her plan. Though she wasn't all there on Sunday, we were able to watch the Dolphins best game in years. Her response to the game was "wow." I know she will be watching our turn around, and she will be there when we win the super bowl in a matter of years. Please say a prayer for her and my family tonight.From all of us here at Finheaven our deepest condolances. I know we'll all send prayers to you and your family. :(

Finfang
09-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I wish all the best for you in this difficult time. I can totally understand what you are going through. I've been there. Take care of yourself and let yourself grieve. In the long run it never goes away but all the wonderful memories will always be with you and you will cherish them.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Predaphin
09-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss....my condolonces and prayers go out to you and your family. Be strong fin brother, your Mother is in a better place watching over you.....

One day, we shall all be together again.

Dolphin Dave
09-26-2008, 09:57 PM
My heart felt condolences to you and all of your family.

PassRush
09-26-2008, 10:02 PM
May god be with you and your family. You are in my prayers.

ChambersWI
09-26-2008, 10:04 PM
very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mia305FinMan
09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news.

BSQ
09-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Dude, I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. My thoughts are with your family.

Cannonboy
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Sorry for your loss. RIP

The Samurai
09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Sorry for your loss. God Bless.

kingjust30
09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
im very sorry for your loss and my thought and prayers go out 2 u and your family. that story about her passing on the bye week brought a tear 2 my eye.im just so proud that our phins put on a performance of a lifetime for your mothers last game.

Marino613
09-26-2008, 11:53 PM
SHe will always be with you. And if watching the game with you was one of your favorite things, that is where she will be.

stevec
09-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Sorry for your loss.

#1dolphinsfan
09-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Sorry for your Loss

rainmaker1313
09-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and family!!!

Phinman84
09-27-2008, 01:36 AM
God bless you and your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

fullerboy1
09-27-2008, 04:23 AM
May the Lord bless you and your family Phinsdude and all the Fins family send a prayer to you and your family in this difficult time.

er22
09-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Sorry for your loss Phinsdude.. we lost our #1 fan two years ago almost to the day. I am sure they will be watching games together.. take care.

cheyannefan
09-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

finjim
09-27-2008, 10:45 AM
The Dolphins now have a guardian angel up there!!

I pray for your family. God bless you all.

Vector1Dolphins
09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm Sorry for your Loss

We come into the World alone and we leave the World Alone. Everything in between is a Gift.

Phin-Omenon
09-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I'm glad the Dolphins won for her!

jmcconnell5
09-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Sorry for your loss. But know that she's having a great time up in the sky pushing for those Dolphins to win. Thanks for sharing your story.

Willy76
09-27-2008, 01:50 PM
i'm so sorry for your loss, and it was great that she got to see them win

PhinsFanWife
09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
This is my first day on this Board, and your post brought tears to my eyes... Bless your heart and your Mom's heart - you and she shared something special, and feel comforted knowing that she is right by your side watching our Phins this year. I'm so glad she was there for the incredible Patriots game. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

Sue

PJack
09-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Very sorry for your loss. Glad you got to spend some special moments together until the end. I'm sure we'll have a super 12th player looking over you....and our Fins on Sundays.

josekareh
09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
You and your family are in our prayers...

God Bless You
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Phinsdude
09-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Thank you for all your support.

I wanted to share two stories that might bring a smile to you guys, and will surely be with me forever.

The last playoff win against the Colts. We were getting beat at half time. I called her up over looking to players parking lot. I was pissed, they were playing like garbage. She was listening to the game on the radio because it wasn't on tv. She calmed me down and told me that we were going to win, she just knew. Sure enough we won in overtime.

It was a Sunday night game against the Broncos and Olindo won the game with his field goal. My mom and I screamed so loud the neighbors called us because they thought something was wrong.

I'm going to miss her routine of getting her pretzel and lemonade before the kickoff. I'm gonna miss that drives home after a loss where she calmed me down. I'm gonna miss it all.

AquaAdrenaline
09-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Your mother passed away and you still find time to post here about it. That's courage, man. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Deepest condolenses and Let's Go Dolphins!!

Dolphins Own
09-28-2008, 10:00 AM
RIP. Best of luck to your family, hope you get through it all right.

Dolphan_NY
09-28-2008, 11:04 AM
My heart felt condolences. Lost my father this past August and he too was a PHINFAN..

miamifire
09-28-2008, 12:45 PM

May God hold her in the palm of his hand. My prayers are with you and your family. God must have needed a Dolphin fan up in Heaven.

dolfan_uk
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Wishing you and your family all the best. RIP

raphinmx
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Sorry for you loss God bless her.

Dolfan3773
09-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family...sorry for your loss

ghostface95
09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I send my condolences, blessings, and prayers on your loss brethren.

When the day the Dolphins are holding the Lombardi Trophy she'll be smiling and looking down from heaven.

R.I.P.

OrlDolfan
09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Sometimes I think we take for granted the ones who means the most to us. I lost 2 Grandfathers and a Grandmother in the past 2.5 years. But the last time I was able to be with my Grandfather (My fathers father, who made me start watching the Phins when I was 4) We watched the Dolphins Game. I can't even remember which one it was. All I do remember is the look on my Grandads face, he was so happy just to be with us. My Grandmother later told me, that Sunday was the only thing he talked about for the next 5 weeks. He passed in 2006. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE IS FAMILY. The Dolphins are many things, for me they were the glue that bonded a Grandfather a father and a son.(Hopefully I can continue the tradition 1 day.) My thoughts are with u.

GO DOLPHINS

fin-atic
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
When I see threads like this it makes me feel good about our members. I dont care what anyone else says, this site is a community and a family. We look after and support each other wether you have been a member for one week or five years you are part of the FinHeaven family. When I see the outpouring of care in this situation it confirms what I already knew...we have the best fans on eart.

I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy and I hope you and your family find comfort and strength in this time of need.

-Matt
Owner/Admin
FinHeaven.com

SabanHater
09-29-2008, 02:52 PM
my condolences to you and yours.

mario88vega
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry about your loss, my prayers will be with you and yours. Hang tight and keep your head up.

finboss
09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
When I see threads like this it makes me feel good about our members. I dont care what anyone else says, this site is a community and a family. We look after and support each other wether you have been a member for one week or five years you are part of the FinHeaven family. When I see the outpouring of care in this situation it confirms what I already knew...we have the best fans on eart.

I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy and I hope you and your family find comfort and strength in this time of need.

-Matt
Owner/Admin
FinHeaven.com

Perfectly said. I also lost my mother to cancer. It sounds like you have many beautiful memories of her that you will cherish for the rest of your life. I am so sorry for your loss.

Phins Rock
09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
My deepest condolences go out to you and your family, Phinsdude. I will defintely keep her in my prayers throughout the week.

JRRYDAH21
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
r.i.p.

elite14eva
09-30-2008, 12:08 PM
i lost my mom to about 10 yrs ago so i know the feeling, sorry for your lost stay strong son.

Mcganiel
09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
RIP and God bless.

chillwill3000
09-30-2008, 04:06 PM
really sorry for your loss. my prayers go out to you and your family.

bpackers13
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
my prayers and condolences go out to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and the loss of a great Dolphin fan. R.I.P

tmny99
09-30-2008, 07:09 PM

May her soul rest in peace. I will pray for you and your family. I lost my mother and best friend to cancer 13 years ago. Losing one's mother is not something I can even try to put into words, so I won't. Take solace in the fact that your mother is now pain-free and resting better than she probably has in a long time. If I can be of assistance during this grieving period, don't hesistate to PM me. God bless.

Amars
10-01-2008, 04:26 AM
sorry for your loss.

RocKStaR
10-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Sorry 4 your loss bro.. Keep your head up and I hope Miami can pull out a win this sunday in thoughts of your mom :)

kiss13
10-01-2008, 06:49 AM
just wanted to say

kiss13
10-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Just Wanted To Say Im Sorry, I Know How You Feel. I Lost My Mom To Cancer In 2002 , She Also Was A Huge Fin Fan. She Died Right After The Chargers Game That Year... We Beat Em...any Way God Bless You And Your Family, And Know Your Not Alone In The Pain You Feel......... God Bless... And Go Fins

Cobra
10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Im sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

foozool13
10-02-2008, 03:15 PM
i offer my condolences...im sorry for your loss...the loss of a loved one is unbearable...let alone your mother...im sure she was a special person, all mothers are.

TyBless
10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
My condolances to you and your family.. May she rest and watch us. We have us an Angel.

IMAWriter
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
So sorry for your loss. Glad you were blessed to be to share your passion for the Fins with her.

ADavieDolphin
10-03-2008, 01:14 AM
best wishes to her in the afterlife

abNORMal
10-03-2008, 11:42 AM
May the Peace and Blessings of Allah (GOD) be with you and your family during this very trying time.

I lost my Dad to cancer years ago, and take it from me it gets easier to deal with over time. Just be patient and pray, and let the grieving process run its course, then you can start healing. You and your family will be in my prayers.

uga3406
10-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I am sorry for your loss

postermaster
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
From the deepest of my heart I'm sorry and god bless you and your entire family, just remember:

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

I will definitely prey for you and your family this sacred Saturday!.

FinsGonnaRock06
10-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Phinsdude, i am holding back the tears as i type. My wifes Aunt is battling cancer also, she just came home from the Hospital to DIE IN PEACE in her own HOME. My Heart felt condolences to YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. May Peace come to you all VERY SOON. Take care and keep your head up HIGH, it would make ole MOM proud.

TurkishFin99
10-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Hey man. My prayers are with you. I'll know who to thank if we beat SD tomorrow.

Panamafinfan
10-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Prayers sent. Sorry man.

MartinTheSNAKE
10-05-2008, 12:44 PM
hey, u no im sorry for your loss, but do u really need to make a topic about it, and does it really need to be stickied?

My uncle who i was very close with, died 6 months ago, and was one of the biggest fins fans u will ever meet, he is the person who got me into footballl. Sadly, he overdosed on painpills because his wife left him and he found out she was cheating on him for like 2 years

kandycane
10-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear that ,My Prayers go out to the Family too !

twanderer
10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I lost my father last year, not much of a fan but enjoyed the game. didnt always have the best relationship but we reconciled in enough time... that being said i can tell you he was not a religious man but he was spiritual... I would say i am close to the same... I took comfort from the simple words of a woman i dated when i was 11 years old ( I am 40 now) she told me... "don't worry, heaven is a cool place"... now i am sure she has never been but.... those simple 7 words brought me a kind of peace. so let me tell you... "don't worry... heaven is a cool place"

Peace be with you my finfan friend.... peace be with you.