PDA

View Full Version : Palinís Words Raise Red Flags

BAMAPHIN 22
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
History has shown again and again that a vice president must be ready to assume command of the ship of state on a momentís notice. But Ms. Palin has given no indication yet that she is capable of handling the monumental responsibilities of the presidency if she were called upon to do so.

In fact, the opposite is the case. We know that there are some parts of Alaska from which, if the day is clear and your eyesight is good, you can actually see Russia. But the infantile repetition of this bit of trivia as some kind of foreign policy bona fide for a vice presidential candidate should give us pause.

The McCain campaign has done its bizarre best to shield Ms. Palin from any sustained media examination of her readiness for the highest offices in the land, and no wonder. She has been an embarrassment in interviews.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/27/opinion/27herbert.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Ferretsquig
09-27-2008, 04:31 PM
It’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to our state.

Now that's some funny ****. But Bush said far dumber things in his campaign and all the voters seemed relieved that someone as stupid as them was running for office. She'll be mocked and ridiculed but in the end it shouldn't have much impact on the election.

Joe Robbie
09-27-2008, 04:44 PM
The debate with Sen Obiden will be the tell all on Palin I am afraid.

If one was to consider picking a woman for the #2 slot, there are certainly far better choices available than Palin.

Listening to Condi Rice recently I just wonder what a McCain/Rice ticket would have been like. I mean it would seem to me to be a trifecta:

foreign policy hands down over Mccain himslef and the hapless obama biden ticket.

being a women would continue whatever Palin brings to the ticket.

being black would bring whatever obama brings to the election.

one can only wonder what would have happened.

I don't buy the excuse or reason that Rice would be considered continuation of Bush.

milldog
09-27-2008, 06:16 PM
The debate with Sen Obiden will be the tell all on Palin I am afraid.

If one was to consider picking a woman for the #2 slot, there are certainly far better choices available than Palin.

Listening to Condi Rice recently I just wonder what a McCain/Rice ticket would have been like. I mean it would seem to me to be a trifecta:

foreign policy hands down over Mccain himslef and the hapless obama biden ticket.

being a women would continue whatever Palin brings to the ticket.

being black would bring whatever obama brings to the election.

one can only wonder what would have happened.

I don't buy the excuse or reason that Rice would be considered continuation of Bush.

You right that if McCain chose someone succh as Romney, Christ, Rice I would definately fear losing this election. I think Americans are too smart to elect him now that his choice is showing just how unqualified she is. She is absolutely clueless on foreign policy, her anwers to questions are retarded, and she has no idea what's really going on. But keep defending her, I guess that's all you can do and I won't hold that against any of you. If roles were reversed, I'm sure I would as well. We'de all do whatever it takes to win an election, I get that!:rolleyes2:

Mr772
09-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Now that's some funny ****. But Bush said far dumber things in his campaign and all the voters seemed relieved that someone as stupid as them was running for office. She'll be mocked and ridiculed but in the end it shouldn't have much impact on the election.

Palin and Bush must have been separated at birth. It's almost like a dress wearing lipsticked bush.

On the serious side I think the populace is smarter and more alert to this election because of Bush and will run from anything that smells or looks like bush.

I keep waiting for the day that the rest of the conservative cronies will stop pushing failed economic policy on our nation. Our country grows weaker by the year on trickle down economics and it's not going to get any better until the old GOP idiots in Washington die off or wake up.