PDA

View Full Version : Its offical Ronnie Brown no longer best back in the league

dlockz
09-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I got proof, Larry johnson had 198 yards rushing this week.
just figured I would be as reactionary after one game as everybody else.

Tru Balla
09-28-2008, 08:14 PM
lol yea look at thier line

Geforce
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

You are un-freakin-believable sometimes.

CitizenSnips
09-28-2008, 08:17 PM

what about it? couple years ago you'd be right, but not so much anymore. That line is avg.

patswho?
09-28-2008, 08:20 PM
what about it? couple years ago you'd be right, but not so much anymore. That line is avg.

at best

PassRush
09-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh no, Ronnie Brown is not the best back in the NFL(world) anymore? What are we to do? This thread is rediculous.

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
09-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Ok hes 2nd best back i can live with that

ticophin
09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
How many TDs did he have? Against the Patriot D, no, it was the Bronco D...Did he throw for any?
Ronnie.....is still the best!

#1dolphinsfan
09-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Ronnie isnt the best and i know for a fact that Larry Johnson isnt the best

Finfang
09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
We all know Ronnie isn't the best back in football.

Thing is 4 rushing TD's and a TD pass is a career type day for any running back in this league. That is easily the best running back performance so far this season.

It is more than okay to be extremely excited about what Ronnie accomplished against NE.

hugoguzman
09-28-2008, 09:08 PM

Has it ever occurred to you how transparent you are with threads like this one?

I know that you're trying to make a point that folks shouldn't overreact after just one game, but the fact that you took the time to make the insight and pull the stats, etc...just makes you seem that much more militant and extreme in your crusade to discredit Ronnie Brown.

Next, I suppose you'll find someone that's put together 5 great games in a row (like Ronnie did prior to his injury last year) so that you can't point out how folks shouldn't rush to judgment after 5 games.

And if Ronnie puts together a full 16 game season this year, and puts up great numbers, you'll point out how many backs have had just one great season, and that one season does not make for a great back.

And if Ronnie goes on to have a great career with multiple solid seasons and maybe even a Super Bowl ring, you'll....

You get were I'm going with this.

I'm sure that you're not just a pure Ronnie Brown hater, as some would suggest, but your extraordinary efforts to discredit what he's done or folks' opinions of him, make you sort of come off that way.

BROWN 23
09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
who cares, i just want to win stats don't matter to me!

nikeair498
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh no, Ronnie Brown is not the best back in the NFL(world) anymore? What are we to do? This thread is rediculous.
serious resplies make you rediculous.

I know that you're trying to make a point that folks shouldn't overreact after just one game, but the fact that you took the time to make the insight and pull the stats, etc...just makes you seem that much more militant and extreme in your crusade to discredit Ronnie Brown.

Next, I suppose you'll find someone that's put together 5 great games in a row (like Ronnie did prior to his injury last year) so that you can't point out how folks shouldn't rush to judgment after 5 games.

And if Ronnie puts together a full 16 game season this year, and puts up great numbers, you'll point out how many backs have had just one great season, and that one season does not make for a great back.

And if Ronnie goes on to have a great career with multiple solid seasons and maybe even a Super Bowl ring, you'll....

You get were I'm going with this.

I'm sure that you're not just a pure Ronnie Brown hater, as some would suggest, but your extraordinary efforts to discredit what he's done or folks' opinions of him, make you sort of come off that way.

the time he took? you mean maby 20 seconds to typeout a few words and then insert in 198 yards.. that anyone sees on sunday with common knowledge by a. watching the game b. playing fantasy fb. c. breathing on sunday during fb season?
I'm sure he could have picked his nose in that precious time.

the rest, yeah i agree. he hates on every player, always has and always has been wrong.

Vaark
09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
And in the same vein... better suspend that slurpfest for Matty Ice...back to being the overrated QB prospect as borne out by his anemically futile productivity against the Panthers. (It's official!)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/49begdf-1.jpg

Gonzo
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, the week of enjoying the win is over. Back to the "woe-is-me, all our players suck" threads.

dlockz
09-28-2008, 09:41 PM

U are kidding right. Only Ronnie Brown does it all by himself lol

dlockz
09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
serious resplies make you rediculous.

the time he took? you mean maby 20 seconds to typeout a few words and then insert in 198 yards.. that anyone sees on sunday with common knowledge by a. watching the game b. playing fantasy fb. c. breathing on sunday during fb season?
I'm sure he could have picked his nose in that precious time.

the rest, yeah i agree. he hates on every player, always has and always has been wrong.

Please use any facts to prove me wrong. I am a big fan of dolphin players but no Ronnie Brown, ted Ginn and Joey porter sre not the best at thier position.

Zandimd
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
hahaha and the broncos defense is a joke, primarily their running d

Gonzo
09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Please use any facts to prove me wrong. I am a big fan of dolphin players but no Ronnie Brown, ted Ginn and Joey porter sre not the best at thier position.
Prove what wrong? You didn't have a point.

dlockz
09-29-2008, 12:15 AM
And in the same vein... better suspend that slurpfest for Matty Ice...back to being the overrated QB prospect as borne out by his anemically futile productivity against the Panthers. (It's official!)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/49begdf-1.jpg

Amazingly after 4 games he has been better than Beck was and turned over the ball much less.

dlockz
09-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Prove what wrong? You didn't have a point.

Actually i was talking to the poster I quoted that said I was always wrong geesh

Gonzo
09-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Actually i was talking to the poster I quoted that said I was always wrong geeshAnd I was responding to you. zoinks.

dlockz
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
hahaha and the broncos defense is a joke, primarily their running d

Actually thier run defense headimg into this game was 14th in the league and this was the first 100 yard game by any back against them.

Also since u want to talk run defenses.

The teams Ronnie ran those yards up against when he was doing so well.

The Jets ranked 29th against run in 2007
The raiders ranked 31 st against the run in 2007
The Texans ranked 19th against the run in 2007
The Browns ranked 27th against the run in 2007

The last team he faced the Pats did rank 10th but mainly because they blew teams out most of last year and we all know what happens to the run game when u are way behind. They has one of the worst yards per carry given up in the league at 4.4.

The two games where Ronnie struggled were against the 4th ranked run defense Washington and the 6th ranked Dallas.

So please by all means pick apart these numbers.

dlockz
09-29-2008, 12:34 AM
And I was responding to you. zoinks.

Jinkies that was clever

My point was simple but I guess not simple enough for u. You dont judge any player because of one week or even a few games. There are some downright silly statements based on so little evidence. Believe me I know football and somethings I say may not be popular but last I checked this was a message board not agreement board. People love to blast other posters when they disagree but that does not mean the less popular opinion is so far off base.

dlockz
09-29-2008, 12:35 AM
So let me see if I start a post that says Ronnie Brown is the best back in the league its just an opinion but relevant. The hypocrisy here knows no bounds lol.

Gonzo
09-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Jinkies that was clever

My point was simple but I guess not simple enough for u. You dont judge any player because of one week or even a few games. There are some downright silly statements based on so little evidence. Believe me I know football and somethings I say may not be popular but last I checked this was a message board not agreement board. People love to blast other posters when they disagree but that does not mean the less popular opinion is so far off base.
Talk about hypocrisy.

So let me get this straight, judging players after one week or even a few games is okay if they are on this team and not pro bowlers yet or if they leave this team and do well (how well doesn't seem to matter), but not okay if they are on this team and do well or if they are on another team but you wanted them to be drafted here. Gotcha.

Gonzo
09-29-2008, 01:03 AM
So let me see if I start a post that says Ronnie Brown is the best back in the league its just an opinion but relevant. The hypocrisy here knows no bounds lol.You never started a post that said he wasn't. You only started a post that had the sole purpose of judging every other poster. Let's not pretend that you were actually comparing Larry Johnson and Ronnie Brown's individual games (though, if you were, I'll take 5 TD's over 198 yards any day of the week ;) ).

Vaark
09-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Amazingly after 4 games he has been better than Beck was and turned over the ball much less.

yeah, he's presently on the Ryan Leaf trajectory.

Vaark
10-06-2008, 09:19 AM

you were saying???? :sidelol:

feelthepain
10-06-2008, 11:47 AM

This comning from someone who see's failure in a player who started just 5 games as a rookie on a 1-15 team, oh the irony.

tylerdolphin
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Actually thier run defense headimg into this game was 14th in the league and this was the first 100 yard game by any back against them.

The last team he faced the Pats did rank 10th but mainly because they blew teams out most of last year and we all know what happens to the run game when u are way behind. They has one of the worst yards per carry given up in the league at 4.4.

The two games where Ronnie struggled were against the 4th ranked run defense Washington and the 6th ranked Dallas.

Doesnt it stand to reason that a back would struggle against a top run defense when his team has no passing game? Or am I just over simplifying this??

Gitrdone
10-07-2008, 12:26 AM

Every running back in the league pads their stats against the worst run defenses they play. It's just the way things go, heck look at tonights Monday nighter, how well did AP do? Yet when he plays the Lions he could rush for 150 on 4 carries.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah, he's presently on the Ryan Leaf trajectory.

Leaf was never good as a rookie he had like 1 td and 9 interceptions in his first 6 games

dlockz
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
This comning from someone who see's failure in a player who started just 5 games as a rookie on a 1-15 team, oh the irony.

Well he got pushed down the depth chart by a rookie drafted lower than him the year after he started those games. would you call that successful.