PDA

View Full Version : Clinton hesitant to call Obama a 'great man'

BAMAPHIN 22
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Former President Bill Clinton was hesitant to characterize Barack Obama as a "great man" Sunday, a phrase he had no qualms using last week to describe Obama's rival John McCain.

Clinton told NBC's Tom Brokaw that it was only earlier this month in Harlem that he and Obama had their "first conversation." He said he had spoken with Obama before, but only in passing.
Clinton then explained what he meant in characterizing McCain as a "great man."

"I think his greatness is that he keeps trying to come back to service without ever asking people to cut him any slack or feel sorry for him or any of that stuff because he was a POW," Clinton said of the Republican presidential nominee.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

milldog
09-29-2008, 12:04 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

He beat up his wife, what do you expect him to say.

BlueFin
09-29-2008, 02:42 AM
He beat up his wife, what do you expect him to say.

I'd say the Clinton's privately, if not totally publically, realize that McCain is the better candidate.

I think its clear the Clintons heart is not in seeing Obama get elected, they are forced to portray a certain public persona of support for the democratic nominee, however, a blind man can see they are less than enthusiastic about it.

Many Hillary supporters will back McCain and he will be the next president, much to the chagrin of many extremists.

MDFINFAN
09-29-2008, 02:59 AM
I'd say the Clinton's privately, if not totally publically, realize that McCain is the better candidate.

I think its clear the Clintons heart is not in seeing Obama get elected, they are forced to portray a certain public persona of support for the democratic nominee, however, a blind man can see they are less than enthusiastic about it.

Many Hillary supporters will back McCain and he will be the next president, much to the chagrin of many extremists.

Try, they don't like losing...and Obama defeated them..Clinton hasn't gotten over it, plus Obama has drawn such large crowd...over taken the self thoughof King.. Clinton can't stand it. McCain in no way, shape of form is a better man than Obama in this election, that's totally junk there... I'd take the magum cum laude any day over the 5th from the bottom..

Tetragrammaton
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM

The Clintons have no ideological preference, only a political one. McCain's victory keeps their power alive, and Obama keeps them out of the White House until Hillary is almost 70.

jguig
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Is Obama great? What has he done to justify such a designation? Will he be great - Maybe. Does he deserve that today- no way. He hasn't done anything. He hasn't shown leadership enough to warrant that.

But, if that's good enough for you to select him to be the leader of the free world, I think it says more about you and your standards than it does Obama.

ih8brady
10-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Clinton is a very clever man who only has an interest in improving his own image and "legacy." He's completely amoral and Machiavellian.

Just think of what he just said about McCain, and then think of what McCain publicly said about his daughter.