PDA

View Full Version : why is this always the case??????????

Rixon
09-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Why does everyone have to put on the black coaches on the pink slip list? Romeo won 10 games last year, Marvin up until yesterday had a .500 coaching record, and what 2-3 years ago Lovie was in the Superbowl. Herm has taken two different teams to the playoffs, and for those of you who want to throw Dungy under the bus, he won a super and is responsible for the super in Tampa. Its difficult to win in the NFL, and for those who are paying attention...the Browns didnt exactly have an easy schedule out the gate. A 1-2 start out the gate should have been considered good for them. Granted, Romeo was 0-3, but he lost to more talented teams.

emeraldfin
09-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I dont re-call anyone having a go at them?!?

SpurzN703
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Last year is relevant only if you win the SB or had a huge improvement from the year before.

Linehan got canned and he's white. So.......

fishfanfromjerz
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
and lane kifflin should be next....................................

why does anyone have to distinguish/complain whether these men on the hot seat are white or black......it should be that these men, white or black, have losing records on teams that should be at least above .500

Smoke
09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Why do people always have to make this a race issue?
Dungy is a great coach and will retire far before the Colts ever think about firing him.
Lewis deserves some criticism. He let us think he was gaining control of his team by releasing guys like Chris Henry and Odell Thurman only to draft a major thug in Jason shirley and re-sign Henry soon after. He could've had 2 1st rd picks for a loud mouth 30 year old WR who constantly trash talked his team and declined the offer. Oh yeah, his team is 0-4 and regressing every year.
Herm Edwards also deserves some criticism. Sure they beat the Broncos yesterday but they lost their first three games and won only 4 games last season. Results like those will always garner criticism.
As for Lovie Smith. His team is exceeding expectations this year. Wins against Indy and Philly. His two losses were close games (3 points) against good teams. I haven't heard anybody saying his job is in jeopardy.
Linehan and Kiffin are the only coaches on the hotseat that i've heard about. Infact, Linehan was fired today. They're both white so...

Rixon
09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
I married a white woman so you can say i am not against whites.

with that said all these coaches i mentioned are BLACK and all of them are very successfull but for some reason they are in the hotseast. no one can deny that.
i bet if Matt Millen was black he would of been canned years ago.

emeraldfin
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM

with that said all these coaches i mentioned are BLACK and all of them are very successfull but for some reason they are in the hotseast. no one can deny that.

Depends on what you class as successful. I would certainly not class Lewis or Crennel as being successful. Neither one of those coaches have consistently got there teams to the playoffs.

Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are both great coaches, anyone who has any clue of football will tell you that. So whats the issue like?

Smoke
09-29-2008, 11:40 AM

I deny it. Like i already wrote, i don't think Dungy or Smith are on the hotseat. I also think Crennel's job is safe for at least another year.
This whole black and white thing is ridiculous. I could sway everything to look that way about white coaches if i wanted. Billick, Schottenhiemer, Cameron, and Millen are all white and were the most recent coaches/gm to get canned. Does that mean people hate white coaches? Of course not, some guys just deserve to be fired.
The bottom line is the decision ultimately comes down to what the owner wants. Now why would a owner higher a black coach only to fire him because he is black?

Predaphin
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Why does everyone have to put on the black coaches on the pink slip list? Romeo won 10 games last year, Marvin up until yesterday had a .500 coaching record, and what 2-3 years ago Lovie was in the Superbowl. Herm has taken two different teams to the playoffs, and for those of you who want to throw Dungy under the bus, he won a super and is responsible for the super in Tampa. Its difficult to win in the NFL, and for those who are paying attention...the Browns didnt exactly have an easy schedule out the gate. A 1-2 start out the gate should have been considered good for them. Granted, Romeo was 0-3, but he lost to more talented teams.

First of all, race shouldn't matter.

2nd of all, Romeo Crennel, Herm Edwards, Marvin Lewis & Lovie Smith all suck as coaches. They may make good coordinators, but they suck as head coaches.

As for Dungy, he is a good coach that simply has trouble getting over the hump. He won a superbowl with the colts because he inherited a some great talent in Peyton Manning, a Good Oline and good WRs. Other than that he probably would've been making the playoffs ever year and not made the super bowl.

But again, race does not matter. The same can be said for white coaches throughout the league. Except for Italian coaches, they're the best :up: (No i'm not italian, but Tony Sparano is lol)

retired opfinistic
09-29-2008, 11:54 AM
:lol:

Yeah, only black coaches get on the hot seat.

btk1
09-29-2008, 12:01 PM

You are the one putting race into the issue with these coaches. Sorry but maybe is just a coincidence all the black coaches you mentioned are sucking at the same time. Are you really going to sit here and say they are being looked at more closely simply because of skin color and not for the fact their teams suck badly right now?

True equality only comes when everyone to include YOURSELF think of them as simply NFL coaches and not black or white NFL coaches. I am sure there have been 3 or 4 white coaches on the fence with their jobs at the same time as well.

It is simply just a coinincidence and trying to throw race into is only going to upset people further. Maybe that was your intent in the first place. What about the Steelers coach. I dont see his job in jeopardy right now so maybe it is just your imagination.:rolleyes2:

btk1
09-29-2008, 12:06 PM

So you married a white woman. Congrats do you want a cookie or something? I see no one else on here bringing race into anything but you. These coaches are on the hot seat because their teams are crap right now. To say it is due to skin color simply shows your stupidity.

Obama's mother is white so what is your point? Just be happy you marreid a woman.

:rolleyes2:

djfresh47
09-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Romeo Crennel hasn't gotten his team to the playoffs. Marvin Lewis got his team to the playoffs once. Herm gets the benefit of the doubt because everybody knew the Chiefs were in rebuilding mode. Who put Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy on the hotseat? Really don't the Colts already have Dungy's successor on the staff when he does retire?

If the case is their is a disproportional amount of black head coaches and executives in pro sports, that's legitimate. Though Lewis and Crennel being failures as head coaches has nothing to do with skin color. The most controversial manager/coach in sports is a minority in Ozzie Guillen and it seems like he's doing his best to try and get fired.

Vertical Limit
09-29-2008, 02:04 PM
You know, there are white coaches getting fired too. Lane Kiffin, Scott Linehan, Rod Marinelli maybe. Mike Nolan as well.

It's not a black or white thing, it's because they're not getting the job done and their team is underachieving.

1 dol fan
09-29-2008, 10:31 PM

I don't really think you will get many people disagreeing with you whether or not Matt Millen is white or black that he should have been canned years ago. The last 3 years with Millen still on the staff IMO was just a huge typo. I think the Lions owner just kinda forgot he was there or meant to fire him but never got around to it. Seriously, when you draft 4 WRs in the top 10 in the last 5 years, and you still don't have a pass game that scares many teams, you know you really suck!

Flip Tanneflop
09-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Why is it always the case???? Probably because youre always racist and always whine about racism when race has nothing to do with whatever youre complaining about. Youre the same guy who refered to Beck as a "scared white boy". Youre racist. And youre one of those who cry racism ALL THE TIME. Thats obvious.

I still dont understand why coaches and QBs are referred to alot of times as "black" coaches or "black" QBs. You never hear anyone say.....Ronnie Brown is one of the best "black" running backs in the league.

They are all coaches and all QBs no matter what color they are. It would be nice to get over the fact that they are black.

Reality is.........

Herm Edwards is and always has been one of the worst coaches in the league.

Marvin Lewis is a joke and is supposed to be some defensive genius, yet the bungles D has blown ever since he took the job. In fact if anything has to do with his race, it might be the only reason he hasnt been fired yet, because of clowns like you who will cry racism when the fact that he is a terrible coach has nothing to do with what color he is.

Lovie and Dungy are good coaches and are respected as such league wide. I dont know why you bring them up. I think Dungy is a bit overrated, but a good coach nonetheless.

Get real man.

Flip Tanneflop
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
And oh, I almost forgot Romeo.....Romeo blows. So do the browns. They won 10 games last year....whooptie doo. They beat a bunch of lesser teams. No one over .500. Granted 10 wins is a good season in the NFL no matter who you play, Romeo still isnt anything special and the browns arent that good.

And if anyone wonders why I say Dungy is overrated.....I only say that because he is supposed to be a defensive guy, and for years until they won the bowl, all he had to do was get a defense there in Indy. He got left with a gift of Manning and Co. on offense, yet never could put even a decent defense together. Thats all they needed to win it all. Well they finally did, but thanks mostly to Manning and the offense, however the D did step up and play well in that playoff run. Again, Dungy is definately a good coach, I wont argue that with anyone, I just feel like he isnt one of the best 5 or anything, yet he often is regarded as such. Good coach, not great. Period.

By no means is his job in jeopardy though and I dont know why the OP brings he and Lovie up in this weak attempt to cry racism about a couple of coaches who blow and deserved to be fired at least a year ago like Herm and Marvin Lewis.