PDA

View Full Version : More Palinisms

Ferretsquig
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Katie Couric: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

Gov. Sarah Palin: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

I might actually have to watch this debate......it should be solid entertainment.

Blackocrates
09-30-2008, 03:21 AM
I don't know what's funnier, watching the actual interview or the snl skit of the interview.

phinman1
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't know what's funnier, watching the actual interview or the snl skit of the interview.

What may be funniest of all is that SNL didn't really have to alter what Palin said.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
On the Huffington Post, there are rumors that Palin couldn't name another Supreme Court case other than Roe v Wade. Interesting self-censorship by CBS.

Blackocrates
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
On the Huffington Post, there are rumors that Palin couldn't name another Supreme Court case other than Roe v Wade. Interesting self-censorship by CBS.

I guess because it's not that relevant of a question but its still embarrassing. I would also guess there's quite a few people in her boat as well. But everybody should at least be able to name off a couple of big ones. Marbury v. Madison, Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Bush v. Gore, just to name a few.

phinfan3411
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I do not like admitting this, and hope my conservative friends will forgive me, but I do have a conscience, and that answer that ferret quoted bothered me. I did not hear it at first, I was just upset about her telling Couric that she would bring examples of McCain's regulatory actions to her. I posted I was upset about that, then I saw more of the interview, and saw this answer, and honestly, there is really nothing I can say to defend her.

I hope that it was an off day, or there was some other reason for her actions, because before I vote for someone to be my President, and Vice President, I want to know that she understands this attempted bail-out better than I do. I do not want to bash her, as I genuinely like her, but I will be watching the debate closely to see exactly what she is made of, and I am a little scared of what the turnout will be.

Just wanted to let people know that I do not blindly follow anyone or any party, if she does not show me something thursday night, honestly I do not know what i'm going to do. I will be in the same boat I was before McCain decided, oh well.

MDFINFAN
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I guess because it's not that relevant of a question but its still embarrassing. I would also guess there's quite a few people in her boat as well. But everybody should at least be able to name off a couple of big ones. Marbury v. Madison, Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Bush v. Gore, just to name a few.

I hate to watch this woman go thru this I really do, and I blame McVain for this period.. It's come to the point of ppl expecting another gotcha moment and she doesn't disappoint. I actually think the woman has sense, it's just that she's not up on the whole US gov't, she was quite content to do a small state type gov't thing in AK, but this is way over her head and something she hadn't prepared for...most ppl who are thinking presidency start studying washington long before they throw their hats in. It's obvious Palin thought AK was similar to the US gov't and now know the difference, but she's learning the difference in a painful way..and it's really not fair to her.. The vetting process of McVain sucked and he should take the hit on this big time and not Sara.. His judgement is not what we need right now..this country has some fundalmental changes it needs to undergo and McCain's stupidity will make us a 3rd world country fast..

FinFatale
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I do not like admitting this, and hope my conservative friends will forgive me, but I do have a conscience, and that answer that ferret quoted bothered me. I did not hear it at first, I was just upset about her telling Couric that she would bring examples of McCain's regulatory actions to her. I posted I was upset about that, then I saw more of the interview, and saw this answer, and honestly, there is really nothing I can say to defend her.

I hope that it was an off day, or there was some other reason for her actions, because before I vote for someone to be my President, and Vice President, I want to know that she understands this attempted bail-out better than I do. I do not want to bash her, as I genuinely like her, but I will be watching the debate closely to see exactly what she is made of, and I am a little scared of what the turnout will be.

Just wanted to let people know that I do not blindly follow anyone or any party, if she does not show me something thursday night, honestly I do not know what i'm going to do. I will be in the same boat I was before McCain decided, oh well.

I will have to read over that interview..I haven't done that and I'd like to do it before Thursday.

MDFINFAN
09-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I will have to read over that interview..I haven't done that and I'd like to do it before Thursday.

you might want to read over the last several interviews... I just don't think the prepared rehearsals should convince you to vote for this person.. please check out her other interviews, and the little question a voter asked her the other day when she supported Obama's position on Pakinstan.. Which is against McCain's stupidly stated position..subborn as hell...

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Its becoming clearer and clearer that when she is asked a question that wasn't in her script, she cannot fathom an answer. This woman has no idea what is going on in this country.

I don't blame her. As governor of a state with a huge size yet tiny population, she probably focused on issues that we cannot relate to. Also, having five children, one of which is a special-needs infant, one doesn't have time to read the New York Times or watch CNN.

She has definitely broken the bar set by Dan Quayle.

Joe Robbie
09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
If she makes statements like this in the debate, it is over.

Ferretsquig
09-30-2008, 03:19 PM
The thing I don't get is how unprepared she was. No matter how ignorant she may be, at the very least you would expect a pre-programmed response to the bailout question....whatever McCain's campaign position is at the moment.

It was the same in the presidential candidate debate. Obama came across as being almost over prepared, with memorized answers and counterpoints that he stumbled over when he tried to revise them on the fly. McCain on the other hand acted like he decided to wing it, and just go in with his standard stump speech and a few stories to tell. It would be fascinating to see what's going on behind the scenes with that campaign.

Joe Robbie
09-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I think Couric and Gibson were hit jobs, but....I also think that Palin is trying too hard to say too much when a simple answer is sufficient. I feel she is under pressure and therefore feels that every answer needs to be cram packed with info.

ih8brady
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I think Couric and Gibson were hit jobs, but....I also think that Palin is trying too hard to say too much when a simple answer is sufficient. I feel she is under pressure and therefore feels that every answer needs to be cram packed with info.

:err: Hit jobs? Softball questions that might be "Gotchya questions" on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader such as the toughie "What do you think of the Bush Doctrine?" or "Why not bailout the middle class instead of the extremely wealthy?" are considered hit jobs? Talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Not only is Palin not at the standards of a national or local leader, she doesn't even meet the standards of a beauty contest. She is somewhere below Dan Quayle and hovering above the level of Miss Teen South Carolina.