PDA

View Full Version : Dick Morris: Obama leading in over 300 electoral votes.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
http://w3.newsmax.com/a/morrismap/?promo_code=2A89-1

Wow. Arkansas is leaning Obama? Florida is safe Obama?

Clearly, some of this is a result of the disaster of McCain's imaginary campaign suspension. But with five weeks to go, what can McCain do to get back in this thing?

Clipse
09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Virginia leaning Obama? Ok..

Joe Robbie
09-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Not looking good for John. Thursday better be a grand slam homerun for Palin, otherwise it will be too much to overcome. I'm not holding my breath.

poornate
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Virginia is poised to go blue in this election... This state has had an identity crisis for 250 years... it has never known whether it was a southern or northern state... I think that the growth of northern Virginia has tipped the scale... either this election, or perhaps the next... i think you will see a permanent shift in how Virginia votes...

Mr772
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Virginia leaning Obama? Ok..

VA has been a strong hold for Republicans but its been slipping the past few years.

Republican Jim Gilmore was the last republican governor and he led the state into a huge budget crisis while he was in office.

The last few election winners in VA have been Democrats by healthy margins.

Mark Warner after Gilmore
Tim Kaine after Warner
Jim Webb in the senate
John Warner currently has a healthy lead over Jim Gilmore in the senate race for the other seat.

In central VA I see Obama yard signs and bumper stickers 30:1 over McCain signs. In Roanoke there is a larger percentage of older voters so I would guess he has stronger support there than what I see here.

MDFINFAN
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
What I've seen poll after poll after poll is AZ continuing to be a toss up state...that in itself should tell us something, plus they had the lowest veiwership of all the states in terms of watching the debates....and when asked why, a resident of pheonix said they'd heard his bs for years and didn't need to hear more..wow.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 04:23 PM
What I've seen poll after poll after poll is AZ continuing to be a toss up state...that in itself should tell us something, plus they had the lowest veiwership of all the states in terms of watching the debates....and when asked why, a resident of pheonix said they'd heard his bs for years and didn't need to hear more..wow.

Clinton did win Arizona in 1996. If McCain wasn't the nominee, it would be leaning Obama.

If Dick Morris, a conservative, has Obama winning like this, I wonder how far he leads in reality.

LouPhinFan
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm still going to vote McCain, but it really looks like Jimmy Carter...er...I mean Barack Obama is going to be the next President.

Perfect23
09-30-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm still going to vote McCain, but it really looks like Jimmy Carter...er...I mean Barack Obama is going to be the next President.

well hey at least we'll have a republican back in office in 4 years

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 05:04 PM

You are that partisan? Surely you jest.

Eshlemon
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Senator McCain's campaign is outfunded 3-1. Senator Obama will win.

LouPhinFan
09-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Senator McCain's campaign is outfunded 3-1. Senator Obama will win.

Hollywood wins an election!

PressCoverage
09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Not looking good for John. Thursday better be a grand slam homerun for Palin, otherwise it will be too much to overcome. I'm not holding my breath.

Yup...

However, they know Obama is unwittingly coming in the front door of a burning house, while the Con man administration is escaping out the back door just before the roof falls in. I almost feel bad for the guy, as corporate thieves, enabled by the Bush Administration to new depths, have effectively completed the great wealth transfer of the 21st century.

"Greed is good." :rolleyes2:

Dolphins9954
09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Yup...

However, they know Obama is unwittingly coming in the front door of a burning house, while the Con man administration is escaping out the back door just before the roof falls in. I almost feel bad for the guy, as corporate thieves, enabled by the Bush Administration to new depths, have effectively completed the great wealth transfer of the 21st century.

"Greed is good." :rolleyes2:

Didn't Obama take money from the same corporate thieves? Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, Oil companies, Health Insurance, Drug Companies, Special Interests and Lobbyists. So don't look for a change.

I agree Obama is going to be left with a complete mess. Then again what he has to offer is no different. I really think Obama will only last one term because of the mess he was left with. And his policies that will continue the same mess. More Debt and More Spending along with More taxes and More War. Will all but assure that Obama is a one term president. Which could open the door for a third party or independent candidate. Because after 4 years of Obama or Mccain. The majority of Americans will be looking for a true change. And not the same thing.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Which could open the door for a third party or independent candidate. Because after 4 years of Obama or Mccain. The majority of Americans will be looking for a true change. And not the same thing.

Do you really believe that? If anything, the country would look at the other majority party.

I wish I could be as hopeful as you.

ih8brady
09-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Do you really believe that? If anything, the country would look at the other majority party.

I think the stupid mantra of a "wasted vote" when you vote a third party and non-issues that the main parties live off of flag burning, gay weddings, flag pins, the pledge, etc. doom us to only two options.

Dolphins9954
09-30-2008, 07:49 PM

A poll came out recently saying that 60% of Americans weren't happy with the current candidates. And that they could support a third party candidate. After 8 years of Bush. Then 4 years of Obama. Americans could finally wake up and realize that both parties have nothing to offer but the same exact thing. Bush added 5 trillion to our debt. Expanded government and spending. And took away from our freedoms and liberties. Obama proposes the same exact thing. 4 years is all I give him. Unless he dramatically changes everything he wants to do. I don't see him lasting long with all this debt. The same goes for Mccain as well. Both this guys can't pay for their budgets. And will leave us with even more debt and inflation than we have now. Look how bad things are now with 10 to 11 trillion of debt. Imagine when we are 15 to 16 trillion in debt. Americans will be looking for a true change and difference.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
A poll came out recently saying that 60% of Americans weren't happy with the current candidates. And that they could support a third party candidate. After 8 years of Bush. Then 4 years of Obama. Americans could finally wake up and realize that both parties have nothing to offer but the same exact thing. Bush added 5 trillion to our debt. Expanded government and spending. And took away from our freedoms and liberties. Obama proposes the same exact thing. 4 years is all I give him. Unless he dramatically changes everything he wants to do. I don't see him lasting long with all this debt. The same goes for Mccain as well. Both this guys can't pay for their budgets. And will leave us with even more debt and inflation than we have now. Look how bad things are now with 10 to 11 trillion of debt. Imagine when we are 15 to 16 trillion in debt. Americans will be looking for a true change and difference.

That 60 percent is probably the 60 percent that doesn't vote. If they did, we could change things, but it doesn't look likely.

FinFatale
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
http://w3.newsmax.com/a/morrismap/?promo_code=2A89-1

Wow. Arkansas is leaning Obama? Florida is safe Obama?

Clearly, some of this is a result of the disaster of McCain's imaginary campaign suspension. But with five weeks to go, what can McCain do to get back in this thing?

hmmmmm, lets go back to last week wwz, when you posted on a thread I posted from newsmax..................

How long are you going to play the "undecided voter" who is "just putting it up for consideration"?

Obviously this is ridiculous. I have posted Newsmax before, but only when it was backed up by real source material. Same thing with the Huffington Post.

seems to me you forgot to BACK up your material with something from a real news source...................like you said you always do.
I will wait until you post some REAL source material before I read the article............;)

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 08:43 PM
hmmmmm, lets go back to last week wwz, when you posted on a thread I posted from newsmax..................

seems to me you forgot to BACK up your material with something from a real news source...................like you said you always do.
I will wait until you post some REAL source material before I read the article............;)

You are smarter than this. You can look up the state by state polling results in many places. RealClearPolitics compiles them, Wikipedia has state by state results with links, etc, etc.

I don't get the personal vendetta.

FinFatale
09-30-2008, 08:45 PM
You are smarter than this. You can look up the state by state polling results in many places. RealClearPolitics compiles them, Wikipedia has state by state results with links, etc, etc.

I don't get the personal vendetta.

no personal vendetta here. I just expect YOU to do as you EXPECT others to do that's all.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 08:51 PM
no personal vendetta here. I just expect YOU to do as you EXPECT others to do that's all.

How many times can I explain the difference? You posted a hit piece with little to no source material. I posted polling data.

Newsmax is conservative and so is Dick Morris, and he is saying Obama will win big. That isn't a hit piece; Newsmax was probably wary of even publishing that. Polling data is readily available. You claim you didn't even open the page, so how would you even know whether or not he is sourcing his material?

If it is too much work, here you can get sourced polling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election%2C_2008
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/calculator/

If you look, Dick Morris is giving Obama more states than CNN, the supposed commie rag, does.

FinFatale
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
How many times can I explain the difference? You posted a hit piece with little to no source material. I posted polling data.

Newsmax is conservative and so is Dick Morris, and he is saying Obama will win big. That isn't a hit piece; Newsmax was probably wary of even publishing that. Polling data is readily available. You claim you didn't even open the page, so how would you even know whether or not he is sourcing his material?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election%2C_2008

If you look, Dick Morris is giving Obama more states than CNN, the supposed commie rag, does.

:boohoo:

BlueFin
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I think the stupid mantra of a "wasted vote" when you vote a third party and non-issues that the main parties live off of flag burning, gay weddings, flag pins, the pledge, etc. doom us to only two options.

The key is for more people to register 3rd party, when a 3rd party has enough registered voters amongst its ranks they will be taken seriously and actually have a chance.

Until the death threats and his pulling out of the race for a while, Ross Perot and the reform party were leading in all the polls in 1992.

I stay registered Libertarian for that purpose, but it accomplishes nothing to vote that way until more people are on board.

BlueFin
09-30-2008, 08:58 PM

Yeah, and a week or so ago he was saying McCain is going to win, none of this matters until the votes are counted. But if it makes you feel good enjoy it.

All the Kerry and Gore voters were so sure they would win as well.

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
:boohoo:

You asked for source material, I gave it. What is with the vendetta?

Tetragrammaton
09-30-2008, 09:00 PM
A poll came out recently saying that 60% of Americans weren't happy with the current candidates. And that they could support a third party candidate.

I just looked that up. That was from last year. For whatever reason, people are now evenly split over the need for a third party.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110764/Public-Divided-Need-Third-Party.aspx

FinFatale
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
You asked for source material, I gave it. What is with the vendetta?

I repeat what I said two posts back... no personal vendetta here. I don't even know you so how could I hold a " personal vendetta" against you. It's the spin you put on posts that you dislike that I don't care for, nothing against you personally at all.

MDFINFAN
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Please, no more deficits.. how are you guys on..do you like misery?:lol:

MDFINFAN
09-30-2008, 09:48 PM

At 11 trillion in national debt, it doesn't matter, any president who's this term won't get us out of that kind of debt over a 8 year period provided they last that long.. this is now a 20 years pay off at the least..

Dolphins9954
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
At 11 trillion in national debt, it doesn't matter, any president who's this term won't get us out of that kind of debt over a 8 year period provided they last that long.. this is now a 20 years pay off at the least..

Adding to that 11 trillion isn't the best course of action as well. We need the opposite.

Blackocrates
10-01-2008, 02:30 AM
This state has had an identity crisis for 250 years...

:lol: Where does that put WV?

CedarPhin
10-01-2008, 02:40 AM
You'll all think that Obama's policies will sound great when he's on his 5th term of office.

Mr772
10-01-2008, 09:36 AM

How again is that a good thing after the past 7.5 years of having one in office???? :rolleyes:

Since our nation is so well off right now and everything.

Mr772
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
All the Kerry and Gore voters were so sure they would win as well.

Technically they did win. One was hijacked by the supreme court. The other given away because of Florida's incompetence.

Mr772
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Adding to that 11 trillion isn't the best course of action as well. We need the opposite.

The so called conservative party lately known as "king bush" has presided over the largest government expansion EVER and you still insist on this failed line of argument????

Republicans are and have been for some time the big deficit spenders. Most democrats have been advocating balanced budgets but republicans want to cut taxes and spend tax dollars like water creating huge deficits that will eventually lead to the destabilization of our government.

Tetragrammaton
10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
You'll all think that Obama's policies will sound great when he's on his 5th term of office.

¿Qué?

Dolphins9954
10-01-2008, 10:32 AM
The so called conservative party lately known as "king bush" has presided over the largest government expansion EVER and you still insist on this failed line of argument????

Republicans are and have been for some time the big deficit spenders. Most democrats have been advocating balanced budgets but republicans want to cut taxes and spend tax dollars like water creating huge deficits that will eventually lead to the destabilization our government.

Which is why I said we need the opposite. I'm not a fan of Bush or the GOP. I can't stand them just as much as I can't stand the Dems. They both will give us debt. Have you checked out Obama's and Mccains budgets? Both of them will add 4 to 5 trillion dollars to the debt. Debt is here to stay. And they both support the bailouts. Which means more debt. You make a good point about tax cuts and more spending not working. You need to tell that to Obama not me.

Mr772
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Which is why I said we need the opposite. I'm not a fan of Bush or the GOP. I can't stand them just as much as I can't stand the Dems. They both will give us debt. Have you checked out Obama's and Mccains budgets? Both of them will add 4 to 5 trillion dollars to the debt. Debt is here to stay. And they both support the bailouts. Which means more debt. You make a good point about tax cuts and more spending not working. You need to tell that to Obama not me.

We are in agreement then. I promise tell anyone who will listen and even those who don't.

lemonpepperfish
10-01-2008, 11:34 PM
just thought some of you might like to read this thread again. Enjoy any sour grapes.

Clipse
10-01-2008, 11:48 PM
VA has been a strong hold for Republicans but its been slipping the past few years.

Republican Jim Gilmore was the last republican governor and he led the state into a huge budget crisis while he was in office.

The last few election winners in VA have been Democrats by healthy margins.

Mark Warner after Gilmore
Tim Kaine after Warner
Jim Webb in the senate
John Warner currently has a healthy lead over Jim Gilmore in the senate race for the other seat.

In central VA I see Obama yard signs and bumper stickers 30:1 over McCain signs. In Roanoke there is a larger percentage of older voters so I would guess he has stronger support there than what I see here.
Well Roanoke has alot of Obama supporters being its the "city" and has a high number of African Americans and young voters. It's places like Franklin County and Pittsylvania County that are very pro McCain. So basically what I'm saying is south VA is McCain country. Not so sure about Northern VA. Gonna have to guess its Pro Obama with all the "uppity" people up there :wink:

Mr772
10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Well Roanoke has alot of Obama supporters being its the "city" and has a high number of African Americans and young voters. It's places like Franklin County and Pittsylvania County that are very pro McCain. So basically what I'm saying is south VA is McCain country. Not so sure about Northern VA. Gonna have to guess its Pro Obama with all the "uppity" people up there :wink:

I went to Franklin Co High and I would say without doubt it is mostly conservative (lots of German and Southern Baptist churches). :wink:

Tetragrammaton
10-02-2008, 10:10 AM

Obama's entire strategy in winning Virginia lies in the North. He feels that it has become progressive enough to turn the state blue. I don't think he can do it, but we will see.

Clipse
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I went to Franklin Co High and I would say without doubt it is mostly conservative (lots of German and Southern Baptist churches). :wink:
I too went to Franklin County High :hi5: Crazy school there.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Obama's entire strategy in winning Virginia lies in the North. He feels that it has become progressive enough to turn the state blue. I don't think he can do it, but we will see.

That's my thought, the proof is in the pudding.. If he pull off VA, I'll be impressed.. you guys are right about northern va vs southern Va....but central va could be the tie breaker, the richmond area is very mixed.