PDA

View Full Version : Please explain this to me

MDFINFAN
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM
When McCain suspended his campaign last week, sighting that the budget bill was so important and he had to get back to washington quickly, WHY did it take him 22 hours to get back? Please explain that to me, he call the tonight show to cancel an apperance to get back, and that he was on his way to the airport.. I don't understand..conserves please help...

Blackocrates
10-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Because 22 hours is considered quick for a 72 yr. old man.

The_Dark_Knight
10-01-2008, 04:17 AM
When McCain suspended his campaign last week, sighting that the budget bill was so important and he had to get back to washington quickly, WHY did it take him 22 hours to get back? Please explain that to me, he call the tonight show to cancel an apperance to get back, and that he was on his way to the airport.. I don't understand..conserves please help...
He stated he was suspending his campaign and heading back to Washington after he addressed the Clinton Global Initiative. THAT is what he said, so let's at least keep that in perspective. Now common sense...he was going to want to honor as many of the committments he had previously made, but for the purpose he was heading back to Washington for, doesn't it make sense that he cancel some of them and focus attention on the reason he was heading back in the first place?

Everyone is all wrapped around the axle that he cancelled David Letterman. Who in the hell is David Letterman anyhow??? Since when has appearing on Letterman been the equivalent of addressing the CGI?

ih8brady
10-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Everyone is all wrapped around the axle that he cancelled David Letterman. Who in the hell is David Letterman anyhow??? Since when has appearing on Letterman been the equivalent of addressing the CGI?

Didn't Letterman famously cut the camera from himself directly to McCain receiving make-up prior to an interview for the Today Show or some news/talk show? And Letterman commented on how McCain said he was rushing to the airport when he clearly wasn't.

The_Dark_Knight
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Didn't Letterman famously cut the camera from himself directly to McCain receiving make-up prior to an interview for the Today Show or some news/talk show? And Letterman commented on how McCain said he was rushing to the airport when he clearly wasn't.
Let's see....the Today Show....6am-9am eastern

The Late Show...taped at what....late afternoon?

Do you really believe Letterman's "breakaway" footage was live?? Was it done for journalistic value or his own juvenile sarcasm for comedy?

Good God Almighty

And just to be fair...if we were talking about Obama instead of McCain,I'd be in defense of Obama too.

This is BEYOND stupid!

apollo11
10-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't know how much you how been following the campaigns but the media is in the tank for obama. This was his way of telling letterman to kiss his ***.

phinfan3411
10-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Do you really believe Letterman's "breakaway" footage was live?? Was it done for journalistic value or his own juvenile sarcasm for comedy?

Good God Almighty

And just to be fair...if we were talking about Obama instead of McCain,I'd be in defense of Obama too.

This is BEYOND stupid!

I have to agree with TDK here, how can you not, the time breakdown makes sense. I wish that he had never said he was suspending his campaign though, that is just me. I wishe he could have just hustled around, and got what he could in, if that did not include Letterman, oh well.

MDFINFAN
10-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Good God Almighty

This is BEYOND stupid!

I don't know TDK, you may be right, but it was the telling letterman that he was on his way to the airport, if reported correctly, that got me.. I thought that was a bit crude.. His word was to do the show..hell even Obama kept his word and did a show with O'Reily, which was hostile to him, but he kept his word... that's the point I'm making, you ask who the hell is Letterman, but I think it's about honoring your word..

FinFatale
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't know TDK, you may be right, but it was the telling letterman that he was on his way to the airport, if reported correctly, that got me.. I thought that was a bit crude.. His word was to do the show..hell even Obama kept his word and did a show with O'Reily, which was hostile to him, but he kept his word... that's the point I'm making, you ask who the hell is Letterman, but I think it's about honoring your word..

just a reminder MD. Senator Obama only did the interview with O'Reilly after certain criteria was met. It wasn't like he went on that show freewheeling......

poornate
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't know how much you how been following the campaigns but the media is in the tank for obama. This was his way of telling letterman to kiss his ***.

...or, if this was true, perhaps he could have not come on the show when asked.... just a thought...

BillParFan
10-01-2008, 02:56 PM

:sidelol:

McCain ditched Letterman to try and rescue Palin from the huge crater she was digging with that devious Couric.

lemonpepperfish
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
The bill has not passed and it's been days since that anouncement, yet he and his campaign staff have been just as active. Sorry, can't stand it when politicians politicize extremely important issues! Especially when they are downright lying. That's right; Mccain=lier. Mccain=bullsht. Mccain is full of it. **REMOVED**

lemonpepperfish
10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
yeah. Got any advice for me? Anything that i can use now and not two weeks ago? **REMOVED** Maybe my first step in managing my portfolio starts with voting for protections so the banks don't drag me down. Guess that means voting demo to try and salvage what i have left, but thanks for your vote of confidence. I won't qualify for the tax cuts this year anyway.

PS; i suppose you are a multi-millionaire,**REMOVED**

MDFINFAN
10-01-2008, 10:53 PM
just a reminder MD. Senator Obama only did the interview with O'Reilly after certain criteria was met. It wasn't like he went on that show freewheeling......

bottomline, Obama did the show...with Letterman, McCain didn't have to made criteria.. And I think O'Reilly has a measure of respect for Obama afterwards, making the statement that Obama was tough.. I think that actually helped Obama with the fox crowd..