PDA

View Full Version : Biden Gaffe Compilation

The_Dark_Knight
10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Just to keep things in perspective...
http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/23/joe-bidens-gaffes/

While the focus has been on Sarah Palin since she was announced as John McCain’s running mate, Barack Obama’s number two has had quite a run. Joe Biden told CBS he thought an Obama campaign ad mocking John McCain as a computer illiterate was “terrible.” Later, after actually seeing the ad, Biden said it was OK.

Then, Biden spoke of President Franklin Roosevelt’s having gone on television after the stock market crash of 1929. But Roosevelt was not president in 1929, and television was not present.

Biden also said neither he nor Obama supports clean coal technology in America. But Obama does support clean coal. Obama also said of Biden’s instant criticism of the government’s big loan to insurance to AIG, “I think Joe should have waited …”

Earlier, Biden said Hillary Clinton may have been a better vice presidential pick than he and said that paying more taxes is the patriotic duty of the rich. And, he encouraged wheelchair-bound Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham to stand up at a campaign rally

Now, had Palin said or done ANY of these...:shakeno:

I just tire of the excuse, "well everyone knows how Biden is". I guess that just gives him a pass to be the idiot he is, huh? Well, there's your VP...a heart beat away from the presidency!!

Tetragrammaton
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Now, had Palin said or done ANY of these...:shakeno:!

She has done much worse.

Biden is a tool that says things he shouldn't and doesn't always think before he talks. It hasn't been as bad as I expected, but it is still possible for him to say something disastrous.

There isn't much he can do. Obama could hide Biden like McCain has tried to do with Palin, but then he couldn't criticize McCain.

The_Dark_Knight
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Then where is the criticism of Biden? Huh? Where is it? It's completely absent!!!

I don't care WHO you are, you can't defend some of these gaffe's of Biden, no matter HOW partisan you are...

But that's just it...it's all partisanship. If it's your guy (or gal) you can rationalize it and twist it around and spin it around or just merely deflect it to the opposing candidate...without ever having to admit that your guy (or gal) just said some STUPID crap!!!

It truly amazes me how much people are like lemmings...just following the crowd no matter where you're led.

Mr772
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Just to keep things in perspective...
http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/23/joe-bidens-gaffes/

Now, had Palin said or done ANY of these...:shakeno:

I just tire of the excuse, "well everyone knows how Biden is". I guess that just gives him a pass to be the idiot he is, huh? Well, there's your VP...a heart beat away from the presidency!!

When you look at the gaffe's it really is no comparison against someone like Palin who does not understand basic government policy.

If you tire of the "Biden excuse" imagine the monumental level of how tired most of us are with the Bush excuse over an almost 8 year period (and he is the president not the VP).

That should put it in prospective for you.

Mr772
10-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Then where is the criticism of Biden? Huh? Where is it? It's completely absent!!!

I don't care WHO you are, you can't defend some of these gaffe's of Biden, no matter HOW partisan you are...

But that's just it...it's all partisanship. If it's your guy (or gal) you can rationalize it and twist it around and spin it around or just merely deflect it to the opposing candidate...without ever having to admit that your guy (or gal) just said some STUPID crap!!!

It truly amazes me how much people are like lemmings...just following the crowd no matter where you're led.

I think you are overlooking the environment that surrounds both VP candidates. If Obama had picked a totally unknown value as VP you would see a much bigger microscope on the pick.

Most people know what they are getting good and bad with Biden he is a known product.

Palin is under a microscope because nobody knew who she was and every time she opens her mouth she scares people with what she is saying. She also frames McCain as irrational and makes people question his decision making skills.

By Picking Palin McCain put a lot of unfair pressure on her from the start. If she were a smarter woman she would have declined and knew she wasn't ready. I don't think she understood what she was getting into.

Tetragrammaton
10-01-2008, 10:52 AM
What do you want us to do about it, Dark Knight? A gaffe is a gaffe. It is in the news and then goes away. For the most part, people don't vote on them.

milldog
10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
What do you want us to do about it, Dark Knight? A gaffe is a gaffe. It is in the news and then goes away. For the most part, people don't vote on them.

Totally agree, you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill! He speaks his mind and sometimes gets too caught up in the moment because he's so intense. I mean, its not like he's suggesting wlile our soldiers are overseas fighting Irag and Afghanistan we should consider war with russia. I realize you don't like criticism not going both ways and I feel ya, do you honestly believe their gaffes are of the same standard! She is clueless on so many issues it scares the hell out of me. Can you REALLY say the same about Biden without party influence?

BillParFan
10-01-2008, 02:11 PM

Not to defend Biden but his gaffes pale in comparison to the stupid crap that Palin emits!

lemonpepperfish
10-01-2008, 08:23 PM
best you can do after twenty-seven years of service? google palin and remeber she has only been in the spotlight only about a month (and ducking the media as best she can). She opens her mouth and we get another gaffe. What issues do you agree with Palin on (other than drilling)? You can get back to me (and i'll even let you have a lifeline)!

The_Dark_Knight
10-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Every single one of you who responded have validated and re-enforced my point.

"That's Biden"..."You know what you're getting with Biden"..."Yea, Biden puts his foot in his mouth sometimes"

So that makes it ok??? Mr772, you're absolutely right. Had Obama picked an unknown, his VP candidate would be under a microscope, but this is where we as a nation and society show how incredibly STUPID we are!!

No one can deny the arrogance and the utter stupidity of Biden's gaffes. I mean, he's said some REALLY stupid crap, but because he's sitting 4th in line for press coverage (Palin, Obama, McCain THEN Biden) no one covers these gaffes....no one in the PoFo talks about them. Oh sure, they'll be quick to point out every little thing Palin says or does. Has she said some dumb things? Sure she has, but so has Biden...and yet what do we see in here??? 50 threads (exaggerated) disecting every little thing she says or does and it all ends with...she's one heart beat away from the presidency.

WELL HELLO??????? Should Obama win the election, Biden becomes ONE HEART BEAT AWAY FROM THE PRESIDENCY!!! Now is Biden, someone who puts his foot in his mouth more than any other US Senator, that person you want to become the next President should Obama not complete a full term?? He's clearly demonstrated HIS stupidity, but no one wants to look at that. No one wants to question Obama's judgement in selecting someone who runs his mouth too much.

I just find double standard in here so incredible.

Ferretsquig
10-02-2008, 03:19 AM
You don't see any difference between the contradictions and stupid statements Biden has made and the incoherent rambling of Palin? I'm not going to defend the man because personally I think hes a loathsome individual, but your attempted analogy doesn't make much sense.

Palin will continue to recieve far more scrutiny not only because of her instant celebrity status but also because of the impending mortality of her running mate. While few seem to want to publically admit it, most people have the thought in the back of their minds. Unless you think someone is going to assasinate Obama, the odds of Palin taking over the healm are far greater than Biden. To many that is a scary proposition.

Mr772
10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Every single one of you who responded have validated and re-enforced my point.

"That's Biden"..."You know what you're getting with Biden"..."Yea, Biden puts his foot in his mouth sometimes"

So that makes it ok??? Mr772, you're absolutely right. Had Obama picked an unknown, his VP candidate would be under a microscope, but this is where we as a nation and society show how incredibly STUPID we are!!

No one can deny the arrogance and the utter stupidity of Biden's gaffes. I mean, he's said some REALLY stupid crap, but because he's sitting 4th in line for press coverage (Palin, Obama, McCain THEN Biden) no one covers these gaffes....no one in the PoFo talks about them. Oh sure, they'll be quick to point out every little thing Palin says or does. Has she said some dumb things? Sure she has, but so has Biden...and yet what do we see in here??? 50 threads (exaggerated) disecting every little thing she says or does and it all ends with...she's one heart beat away from the presidency.

WELL HELLO??????? Should Obama win the election, Biden becomes ONE HEART BEAT AWAY FROM THE PRESIDENCY!!! Now is Biden, someone who puts his foot in his mouth more than any other US Senator, that person you want to become the next President should Obama not complete a full term?? He's clearly demonstrated HIS stupidity, but no one wants to look at that. No one wants to question Obama's judgement in selecting someone who runs his mouth too much.

You have to take the good with the bad. Palin was turned into the Republican rock start that McCain ads made fun of Obama for being. There was no enthusiasm for McCain and they seen Palin as the fresh new blood they needed to get people excited about McCain.

After her big debut dems questioned her experience as so many republicans had done of Obama. Then the campaign spinsters made the mistake of saying that she had more experience as an executive office holder than Obama. This was a crucial mistake because they themselfs created an Obama < Palin connection that Palin just couldn't stand up to when the spot lights came on. Effectively by doing this they made Biden irrelivent they turned it into Obama vs Palin and McCain.

If they had kept it on the VP to VP level it could have saved them some face in the end since both VP's have a tendency to blunder.

The problem with being on such a high platform is that if you don't know what you're doing, there is a long way down if you stumble and fall.

Tetragrammaton
10-02-2008, 09:51 AM

Do you really think Biden not knowing when to keep his mouth shut compares in any way to Sarah Palin not knowing basic things that are going on in the world?

I wouldn't be happy with a President Biden, and I am not happy with Obama picking him, but lets be realistic. Biden will never be running for President unless Obama dies. That is part of why he was picked. At his age, he couldn't physically do it in 8 years. And, he is among the most senior members of Congress.

Another reason the focus isn't on Biden is because of why he was picked vesus Palin. Biden was picked to be an aide to Obama and to help him in foreign policy during the election, a minor pander. Palin was a shameless ploy to rile up the religious right and pander to Hillary women.