PDA

View Full Version : VP Debate Moderator Pens Obama Book

LouPhinFan
10-02-2008, 12:43 PM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/01/vp-debate-moderator-pens-pro-obama-book/

I'm surprised no one has posted this story yet. Personally I think its a nonissue. The title is The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama". That doesn't exactly sound like a book that is solely devoted to Obama. FNC's article title is a bit misleading. Besides, she's the moderator, if there's any leaning by her in the debate, its going to clearly visible. Shenanigans will be called. Of course shenanigans is probably going to be called anyway.:rolleyes2:

Dolphan7
10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't think it will effect the debate, but I wonder why she didn't mention this earlier?

MDFINFAN
10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/01/vp-debate-moderator-pens-pro-obama-book/

I'm surprised no one has posted this story yet. Personally I think its a nonissue. The title is The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama". That doesn't exactly sound like a book that is solely devoted to Obama. FNC's article title is a bit misleading. Besides, she's the moderator, if there's any leaning by her in the debate, its going to clearly visible. Shenanigans will be called. Of course shenanigans is probably going to be called anyway.:rolleyes2:

Okay, I'm glad you realize it's not a book on Obama, she's a hard cookie..she put out a long time along she was writing this book, Obama just happen to come along during this time, it's hard to write about black politicians and not include him... I then she'll be fair...If you ever watch PBS, she's presents a pretty good unbais narrative.. then again this could be good for palin, any cough ups, and the repubs can blame\spin it on Ifill... One thing she's tough, ask Clinton when she interviewed him when he was in the white house..

Tetragrammaton
10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
It was good enough for McCain when she was first picked, so it is good enough for me.

Blackocrates
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Seems like conservatives are already starting to make excuses.

jguig
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
But there's no liberal bias in the media. Keep telling yourself that and you will believe your own words.

In the words of the famous George Castanza, "It's not a lie if you believe it."

BlueFin
10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
That was already out prior to the debate about Gwen, although she should have divulged that to the debate people prior to accepting the job, however, I think she was fair and that Palin got the better of it....so its a non-issue.

Tetragrammaton
10-04-2008, 09:18 PM
although she should have divulged that to the debate people prior to accepting the job

She didn't tell the commission, but it was well known. Advertisements for her book were out before she was picked, and McCain accepted her moderating the debate with knowledge of her upcoming book.

How is that liberal bias, jguig? You can't write a book about politics and race without mentioning Obama.

The_Dark_Knight
10-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Seems like conservatives are already starting to make excuses.
HUH??? :unsure:

The_Dark_Knight
10-05-2008, 02:02 AM
I like Gwen Ifill and Jim Leahrer for that matter. They do seem to be the only true fair and balanced and unbiased journalists that I can think of, which is probably why you see them moderating the debates.

I thought Ifill did a good job and did what she was supposed to do. I can understand however how with the title of the book and the scheduled release date of the book would cause conservative pundits to raise an eyebrow.

I wasn't worried about it though. I knew Ifill was going to be the professional that she was (is) and if she strayed from it and displayed any favortism, it was going t be so transparent that she would lose all credibility.

Blackocrates
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
HUH??? :unsure:

Before the debate took place conservatives were blasting Gwen. Even McCain took a shot at her on Fox News that morning. They were lining up with excuses why Palin wouldn't do so well. Seemed pretty obvious, they weren't trying to hide it.

Tetragrammaton
10-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Before the debate took places conservatives were blasting Gwen. Even McCain took a shot at her on Fox News that morning. They were lining up with excuses why Palin wouldn't do so well. Seemed pretty obvious, they weren't trying to hide it.

Exactly.

McCain already knew about the book. A few days before the debate, with Sarah Palin's unpopularity rising, they needed to do something. Michelle Malkin, being the mindless soldier she is, started the onslaught.

BlueFin
10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
She didn't tell the commission, but it was well known. Advertisements for her book were out before she was picked, and McCain accepted her moderating the debate with knowledge of her upcoming book.

How is that liberal bias, jguig? You can't write a book about politics and race without mentioning Obama.

We differ there, I Heard the debate commission was NOT made aware, however, after they did find out very late in the game, they asked both campaigns if they were ok with it, and the McCain camp gratiously accepted it. I thought Gwen was professional in the way she handled it.

BlueFin
10-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Before the debate took places conservatives were blasting Gwen. Even McCain took a shot at her on Fox News that morning. They were lining up with excuses why Palin wouldn't do so well. Seemed pretty obvious, they weren't trying to hide it.

Now your going way overboard, the only thing that was said was that she should have divulged her book when originally contacted about moderating the debate(she did not), but they also said they had no problem with her going forward with it.

I am on the other side and I am saying it was not a problem, however, I have to wonder how up in arms the left would have been had the moderator been a known conservative(say Sean Hannity, with a book coming out about McCain)?

Before you get up on your high horses about some conservatives that didn't like it, imagine how your side would have reacted if my scenario was the case?

We'd would have had Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin threatening to leave the country for France over the unfairness of it.....hypocrisy is rampant in politics.

PATSSUCK
10-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Now your going way overboard, the only thing that was said was that she should have divulged her book when originally contacted about moderating the debate(she did not), but they also said they had no problem with her going forward with it.

I am on the other side and I am saying it was not a problem, however, I have to wonder how up in arms the left would have been had the moderator been a known conservative(say Sean Hannity, with a book coming out about McCain)?
Before you get up on your high horses about some conservatives that didn't like it, imagine how your side would have reacted if my scenario was the case?

We'd would have had Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin threatening to leave the country for France over the unfairness of it.....hypocrisy is rampant in politics.

Hannity is a republican stoog. They could put Pol Pot up there and he would support him. Hannity is a reason why this country is so divided. He is a racist and a snob.

Having said that, if she would have had a book coming out about Mccain, I see where you are heading with this.

Blackocrates
10-05-2008, 12:20 PM

We get it, "double standard", that's all I keep seeing as of late from conservatives here, as if you all are so fair in your assessment. :rolleyes:

I'm not going overboard. All you have to do is read the link in the original post. Palin herself was making excuses, claiming that the odds were stacked against her. Same conservative whining and crying.

BlueFin
10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
We get it, "double standard", that's all I keep seeing as of late from conservatives here, as if you all are so fair in your assessment. :rolleyes:

I'm not going overboard. All you have to do is read the link in the original post. Palin herself was making excuses, claiming that the odds were stacked against her. Same conservative whining and crying.

You obviously didn't read my post, I said I had no problem with it. But its okay, I've come to expect it from you.

BlueFin
10-05-2008, 08:05 PM

Please Wayward, you expect the commision to read the Amazon site?

Its incumbent on her to divulge any conflict of interest that might exist, however, as I said, she was professional in teh way she conducted herself and there was no reason to protest the debate.

BlueFin
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Hannity is a republican stoog. They could put Pol Pot up there and he would support him. Hannity is a reason why this country is so divided. He is a racist and a snob.

Having said that, if she would have had a book coming out about Mccain, I see where you are heading with this.

Well thanks for being the only one able to shed their bias long enough to try on the shoes, I respect that.

As I said, Gwen did a great job and I have no beefs with the job she did.

Blackocrates
10-06-2008, 04:45 AM
You obviously didn't read my post, I said I had no problem with it. But its okay, I've come to expect it from you.

You obviously didn't read my post either, no surprise I expect it from you. You mention the 'double standard' so I mentioned it. You said I went overboard, so I gave examples. I was straight forward and I addressed your post specifically but according to you I didn't read it.