PDA

View Full Version : Players Quick to Improve

Amin
09-15-2003, 07:26 PM
in my madden franchise, i keep most of the dolphins intact, with JR as the slot receiver the first year, (i think i traded mcknight and something for draft picks and a 60 rated WR.)

after 2 seasons, i had fieldler at 92, chambers at 90, JR up to the mid 80s, mcmike at over 90, jamar fletcher at an 88, and eddie moore at 78.

the young dolphins were quick to improve for me, i know thats cuz i played with them, but you guys find the same thing?

VanDolPhan
09-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Quick to improve:

Chris Chambers: Usually a 90+ after a year or two
Randy McMicheal: Usually a 90+ after a year or two
Rob Konrad: Usually a 90+ after a year or two but will decline after that
Wade Smith: Usually an 88+ after 3 years
Eddie Moore: Usually an 86+ after 3 years
Todd Wade: 50/50 on him getting to 90 after a couple years. Sometimes he just holds around an 83/84
Larry Chester: Usually a 90+ after 2 years

Holding pattern:
Tim Bowens: Will hold about 89-90 for a few years before dying off
Adewale Ogunleye: Consistent 83 guy for about 4 years
Sammy Knight: Consistent 90ish guy for about 4 years
Zach Thomas: Consistent 90ish guy for 3 years
Patrick Surtain: Consistent 95ish guy for years
Sam Madison: Consistent 95ish guy for a few years but will drop after that.
Todd Perry: Will actually rise up to about an 80 but will retire after that so I say holding pattern for him
Tim Ruddy: Consistent 80 guy for a few years. I try to upgrade center though

Dropoff:

O.G. BIG TIME dropper
McKnight/D.T. Also big time droppers
Brock Marion Big dropper after a year or 2
J.T. Sad to say but after a couple years he starts getting injured a lot and will decline.

Prime Time
09-15-2003, 11:58 PM
No Seth McKinney?

VanDolPhan
09-16-2003, 04:50 AM
Nope. Doesn't develop much in backup time. Just a couple of points and when developing a LT there is no way I want to develop McKinney at the same time and have them playing below 80 especially when I replace Ruddy early.

I try to draft a guard in the mid 70's because usually they will blossom into the 80's after the first year where as McKinney I can't seem to get over 80 until a few years down the road. Plus I don't like playing him at LG when the guys a natural center.

Prime Time
09-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Me neither, I am sure they will fix it for the updated rosters.