PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans signs 4 year extension

Crisis
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=6710

:D

Deep2Evans
10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Pretty nice to have your young LT, QB, RB and #1 WR, all of whom are established (Edwards is on his way with his leadership and clutchness) players, locked into place for the foreseeable future. Continuity with such great talent is how you build a tremendous offense that thrives for a while. The Bills are on their way as these guys continue to progress.

ih8brady
10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
He can now buy a nice house in Ontario.

Brassmonki14120
10-03-2008, 12:27 PM

He'll prolly want to stay closer to where the Bills play. They just sold out the rest of the home games at the Ralph for the rest of the 2008 season.

Maybe there is a home for sale close to one of these impact players who recently re-signed multi-year contracts with the Bills:

Brad Butler, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Rian Lindell, Terrence McGee, Brian Moorman, Roscoe Parrish, Jason Peters, Josh Reed, Aaron Schobel and Kyle Williams.

djfresh47
10-03-2008, 01:33 PM

I personally don't believe the NFL will work in Toronto. If the Bills were to leave Buffalo I think L.A. would be a wiser destination for the NFL as a whole. Though a team like Jacksonville or Minnesota is just as likely to move. Even San Diego who I don't believe has renewed it's lease yet. The problem the Bills are facing is Ralph Wilson is old as dirt and doesn't want to sell the team.

What I hear most Bills fans say is the hope is a group fronted by Tom Golisano will buy the team. A few years ago the Bills sold out like 4 games or so. This year I think they had record number of season ticket holders.

Whenever i've been to a Bills game most fans who come from over the border would prefer the games be in Buffalo. I think the games will lose their appeal after a year or two. It was a double-edged sword for the Bills though. Games early in the year are much easier to sell-out and the Dolphins game lost appeal to many fans. Though late in the year the game may end up competing with a Leafs game and I don't know if the NFL could compete with the OHL in Canada.

Finch83
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM

I am hoping LA. Man, that would be hilarious.:wink:

feelthepain
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Sure is a lot of money for a guy that's had just one 1000 yard season in his career and no probowls.

DaBills4life
10-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Sure is a lot of money for a guy that's had just one 1000 yard season in his career and no probowls.

Someone was going to pay him a lot of money, I'm glad it was the Bills. It will be the same thing for Roy Williams.

I think Roy Williams having low numbers is worse also because he has been in a passing offense.

Im sure he is up there in TD's since 2004. That says a lot because the Bills have not scored much since 2004.

Nublar7
10-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Good move by the Bills. Best way to keep your team on the winning path and strong for the future is to keep the young pieces together. Letting Lee Evans hit the free agent market would have been a big mistake.

feelthepain
10-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Someone was going to pay him a lot of money, I'm glad it was the Bills. It will be the same thing for Roy Williams.

I think Roy Williams having low numbers is worse also because he has been in a passing offense.

Im sure he is up there in TD's since 2004. That says a lot because the Bills have not scored much since 2004.

Like I said before I think Evans is a decent WR but he's not a legit number 1 WR, therefore he shouldn't be paid like one. As for Williams I don't think he's worth the money Evans just got, neither Evans or Williams has shown the ability to take over a game like TO or Steve Smith.

DaBills4life
10-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Like I said before I think Evans is a decent WR but he's not a legit number 1 WR, therefore he shouldn't be paid like one. As for Williams I don't think he's worth the money Evans just got, neither Evans or Williams has shown the ability to take over a game like TO or Steve Smith.

Are you serious? Hardly any players get contracts they are worth, pretty much everyone is overpaid.

Bernard Berrian just got 7+ million a year.

I though Lee was more around 8-8.5 in the middle of Berrian and Larry Fitzgerald, but I did want to keep Lee.

I have yet to see anyone cover him one on one, and he is great team player and actually doesn't mind Buffalo.

Why don't you think he is a number 1? He cant be covered one on one and he has not had a decent #2 guy or a decent TE in his career to take some pressure off, plus most of his career he had young QB's.

He is off to a great start yardage wise this season.

feelthepain
10-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Are you serious?

Why don't you think he is a number 1? He cant be covered one on one and he has not had a decent #2 guy or a decent TE in his career to take some pressure off, plus most of his career he had young QB's.

I already told you why I don't think he's a legit #1. He's not even close to a TO type of talent...not close at all. Also why does everyone have to say the Bills are great at everything or you're not happy? Seriously, Evans has never made probowl! But you want everyone to respect him as if all that matters is how you feel about EVERYTHING BILLS!! I could care less how much you love the Bills and everyone on that squad, I don't have to agree with your view of the Bills.

BuffaloSoldier2
10-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I already told you why I don't think he's a legit #1. He's not even close to a TO type of talent...not close at all. Also why does everyone have to say the Bills are great at everything or you're not happy? Seriously, Evans has never made probowl! But you want everyone to respect him as if all that matters is how you feel about EVERYTHING BILLS!! I could care less how much you love the Bills and everyone on that squad, I don't have to agree with your view of the Bills.

You're right. The Bills should probably just let Evans walk and draft a stud in the draft high (cough Ginn cough).

Evans has had a 1,300 yard season and is off to the best start in his career. Assuming there are no injuries, he will have a career year.

You would think you'd have a little more respect for a guy who torches the Fins every time he plays them. Of course, you like to hate the Bills for the sake of hating.

djfresh47
10-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I think Evans is a better version of Chris Chambers. Just in terms of where I would put him in the WR hierarcy. He's not Owens but not many are. Though some teams would prefer him to not be Owens mentally. It's better to sign a guy before he hits the market because somebody will always make a ridiculous offer.

Just cause of size I don't think Evans is a number 1. He's a good player but if the Bills want to maximize him they've gotta get a big #2 to play alongside him. I know that Hardy is the hope but he's not ready. I'll tell ya what offer a bag of balls for Ernest Wilford and the Dolphins will take it.

feelthepain
10-04-2008, 10:43 PM
You would think you'd have a little more respect for a guy who torches the Fins every time he plays them. Of course, you like to hate the Bills for the sake of hating.

He's not an elite WR, deal with it.

DaBills4life
10-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Why do you always accuse me of saying stuff when I don't? I never said Lee Evans was as good as TO. You always put words in my mouth.

I never say the Bills are a great team, yet you say I think they are.

You have some weird fascination with the Bills.

Evans is a good WR on the field and an even better teammate off the field.

feelthepain
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Why do you always accuse me of saying stuff when I don't? I never said Lee Evans was as good as TO. You always put words in my mouth.

I never say the Bills are a great team, yet you say I think they are.

You have some weird fascination with the Bills.

Evans is a good WR on the field and an even better teammate off the field.

Oh please show me where I said, you said, Evans was as good as TO? PLEASE!!!!!!!

And why do I have "some weird fascination with the Bills"? I didn't start this, or any of the lovefest Bill threads in this forum. I have a problem with Bill fans who think their team is better then it is. I have a problem with Bill fans who ignore the negative the Bills do, but Bill fans will spend hours discussing on here discussing every other teams neagtive topics, without a problem.

DaBills4life
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh please show me where I said, you said, Evans was as good as TO? PLEASE!!!!!!!

And why do I have "some weird fascination with the Bills"? I didn't start this, or any of the lovefest Bill threads in this forum. I have a problem with Bill fans who think their team is better then it is. I have a problem with Bill fans who ignore the negative the Bills do, but Bill fans will spend hours discussing on here discussing every other teams neagtive topics, without a problem.

Point your displeasure at the people who deserve it then. Dont group every Bills fan into one category.

Every group of fans has their homers, pessimists, and realists.

feelthepain
10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Point your displeasure at the people who deserve it then. Dont group every Bills fan into one category.

Every group of fans has their homers, pessimists, and realists.

I tell you what, I'll continue to "point my displeasure" the way I like and let you dis-associate yourself with other Bill fans on your own. I didn't single any one individual out, so if you feel you're not in that group, so be it. It's not my job to make you feel better, or seperate Bill fans into groups. However you are here (especially when the Bills win) begging for love for love and respect for "YOUR Bills", then you want to be seperated from the other Bill fans doing the same?

Just wondering, what do you think these media "Bill lovers" will think of the Bills after they lose BIG to a team that actually has an offense? I think the Bills played more like they really are on Sunday and I don't think the game would have been any different with or without Trent.

burger13
10-06-2008, 07:10 PM
good job by Buffalo.

feelthepain - you do have to realize that lee Evans has played with complete garbage for QB basically his whole career, right? The kid is a good player. IMO, he's in the second tier, just below the elite WR's - which is how the Bills paid him, so there really isn't any negative to this signing.

and I just noticed that he is averaging 27 ypc this season....WTF!!! that is unbelievable!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

djfresh47
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
good job by Buffalo.

feelthepain - you do have to realize that lee Evans has played with complete garbage for QB basically his whole career, right? The kid is a good player. IMO, he's in the second tier, just below the elite WR's - which is how the Bills paid him, so there really isn't any negative to this signing.

and I just noticed that he is averaging 27 ypc this season....WTF!!! that is unbelievable!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

He'll never be a high reception guy. Peter King was on the radio before Evans re-signed saying it may not be a smart football move to re-sign him. The Bills had to do it, IMO. I think the rest of their WR's are better suited for the 3rd WR role. Royal isn't anything to brag about at TE.

When the Dolphins hopefully are in the situation with Henne solidified at Qb I think it'll be important to have some consistency at WR. Evans openly wanted Losman at Qb last season but has since been quiet.

DaBills4life
10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I tell you what, I'll continue to "point my displeasure" the way I like and let you dis-associate yourself with other Bill fans on your own. I didn't single any one individual out, so if you feel you're not in that group, so be it. It's not my job to make you feel better, or seperate Bill fans into groups. However you are here (especially when the Bills win) begging for love for love and respect for "YOUR Bills", then you want to be seperated from the other Bill fans doing the same?

Just wondering, what do you think these media "Bill lovers" will think of the Bills after they lose BIG to a team that actually has an offense? I think the Bills played more like they really are on Sunday and I don't think the game would have been any different with or without Trent.

Yes, I'm begging for love, LOL, you are hilarious.

We will see who the Bills really are as the season goes on. The same team that blew us out, blew you out and got blown out by a team that beat you but lost to a team you blew out.

Confused? That's why they play the games. Every week is different.

I think your a closet Bills, Jets, or Patriots fan. Most of your posts are in the AFC East section, dont you care about the Dolphins?

feelthepain
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes, I'm begging for love. Yes you are, otherwise you wouldn't care what one Dolphin fan thinks about the Bills. But clearly you do!

DaBills4life
10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Yes you are, otherwise you wouldn't care what one Dolphin fan thinks about the Bills. But clearly you do!

A lot of people here say negative things about the Bills, your not the only one. I agree with some of the negative opinions, some I dont. Your the only one that makes outlandish statements like all Bills fans need to hear their team is the best.

I just don't think that's true.

I come here for 2 reasons, to see what is up with Miami and to read different opinions on the Bills. If I wanted to read people love the Bills most of the time I would only read a Bills board.

feelthepain
10-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I come here for 2 reasons, to see
what is up with Miami and to read different opinions on the Bills. If I wanted to read people love the Bills most of the time I would only read a Bills board.

If that were true you wouldn't try to change anyones opinion, clearly you have an issue with those that don't think the Bills are as good as you think they are! You do come here to read peoples opinion of the Bills that's the definition of a fan forum, but you can't accept what you read unless you agree with it. That's something you cant deny. However if everyone here felt like Bill fans you'd have no problem with my opinion, clearly I don't feel the Bills are as good as you, so what's the conclusion?

You said if all you wanted to read was Bill love you'd only read the Bills board, well what are you here for then? Just to argue? Cause clearly I don't think the Bills are as good as you do and you can't stand it!! I could understand you feeling this way if your team were top 5 in every category after beating the snot out of a top 5 team every week, but we both know the Bills have only faced one team that even comes close to that discription and that team just beat the snot out of the Bills. I think my opinion of the Bills is valid and you don't like it, well that is terrible, I know.:rolleyes2:

Deep2Evans
10-07-2008, 12:32 AM
I'll actually care what FTP says when he actually attends a Dolphins game in person. Then he'll get to see some live NFL action, and maybe his opinions will change a bit.

DaBills4life
10-07-2008, 08:17 AM
If that were true you wouldn't try to change anyones opinion, clearly you have an issue with those that don't think the Bills are as good as you think they are! You do come here to read peoples opinion of the Bills that's the definition of a fan forum, but you can't accept what you read unless you agree with it. That's something you cant deny. However if everyone here felt like Bill fans you'd have no problem with my opinion, clearly I don't feel the Bills are as good as you, so what's the conclusion?

You said if all you wanted to read was Bill love you'd only read the Bills board, well what are you here for then? Just to argue? Cause clearly I don't think the Bills are as good as you do and you can't stand it!! I could understand you feeling this way if your team were top 5 in every category after beating the snot out of a top 5 team every week, but we both know the Bills have only faced one team that even comes close to that discription and that team just beat the snot out of the Bills. I think my opinion of the Bills is valid and you don't like it, well that is terrible, I know.:rolleyes2:

Why cant you just talk about the Bills without talking about their fans? Or going after someone personally?

I have no problem with your opinion of the Bills.

Brassmonki14120
10-07-2008, 08:38 AM

What I can't stand is the way people go on and on. Can we get back to the subject please.

Lee Evans was going to become a free agent. He knows the offense, is great deep threat receiver and was very affordable. IMO this was a very good move to re-sign a quality #1 receiver. I'm glad the Bills got it done early in the season, saves from distraction.

feelthepain
10-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Why cant you just talk about the Bills without talking about their fans? Or going after someone personally?

I have no problem with your opinion of the Bills.

Whom am I going after? If I talk about "Bill fans" it's as a reference as a whole. Why can't you just deal with others having a different opinion then you? If I think the Bills aren't very good, It's my opinion and I'm entitled to that opinion, if it bothers you, that's your issue not mine. Like I said I feel the way I do about the Bills based on the facts, not just a hate for the team. Yet for some reason this bothers you, oh well.

Brassmonki14120
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Whom am I going after? If I talk about "Bill fans" it's as a reference as a whole. Why can't you just deal with others having a different opinion then you? If I think the Bills aren't very good, It's my opinion and I'm entitled to that opinion, if it bothers you, that's your issue not mine. Like I said I feel the way I do about the Bills based on the facts, not just a hate for the team. Yet for some reason this bothers you, oh well.

You've stated what you thought about the Evans signing. If you have nothing more to add please don't hijack someone elses thread.

You can always start another thread with whatever topic you want to discuss because CLEARLY you have nothing more to add to the topic.

DaBills4life
10-07-2008, 10:01 AM

What is it with you? I said in the post you quoted I have no problem with your opinion on the Bills, yet your whole post is attacking me for having a problem with your opinion on the Bills. lol.

My problem is you grouping me in with these Bills fans you hate so much. I don't know who they are but you keep saying things like I need to be loved.

lol.

You think Lee Evans isnt a #1, I think he is, lets leave the discussion on Lee Evans, why start talking about me and Bills fans in general? You do it everytime.

feelthepain
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
You've stated what you thought about the Evans signing. If you have nothing more to add please don't hijack someone elses thread.

You can always start another thread with whatever topic you want to discuss because CLEARLY you have nothing more to add to the topic.

What are you talking about I'm not here talking to myself, I happen to be having a dicussion with another Bill fan, but you know this.

Brassmonki14120
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
What is it with you? I said in the post you quoted I have no problem with your opinion on the Bills, yet your whole post is attacking me for having a problem with your opinion on the Bills. lol.

My problem is you grouping me in with these Bills fans you hate so much. I don't know who they are but you keep saying things like I need to be loved.

lol.

You think Lee Evans isnt a #1, I think he is, lets leave the discussion on Lee Evans, why start talking about me and Bills fans in general? You do it everytime.

Any other opinions about the Evans signing that you haven't already given?

feelthepain
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM

lol.

Clearly you have a problem with my opinion of the Bills AND THEIR PLAYERS, or else you wouldn't constantly be trying to convince me the Bills are as good as you think they are. Now you're trying to say you don't have a problem with my opinion, which is it? If I say the Bills are not a good team, you make a sarcastic comment about how the "experts" disagree, if you don't have a problem with my opinion, why even make that statement?

If you don't have a problem with my opinion why question my opinion? Why ask me why I think they're not good? Why counter everything I say about the Bills with sarcasm or a shot at the Dolphins? If you have no problem with my opinion, you wouldn't be upset by what I say about the Bills. I think after the last 50 different post/counter post we've engaged in, you can't say you have no problem with my opinion. Because our history on this subject would suggest you clearly have a problem with my opinion of the Bills. There's nothing wrong with you disagreeing with my opinion of the Bills, but there is also nothing wrong with me not having a good opinion of the Bills either.

Oh and BTW, my first post in this thread was about Evans and why I thought he didn't deserve the money he got. YOU then decided to morph that into, you, the Bills and how I feel about those subjects. So don't sit there acting like I'm the one who turned this thread into something else.

Brassmonki14120
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
He has asked that you stay with the topic, he's done. You are a MOD so I'm sure you know that hijacking posts is frowned upon. Please add to the topic of Lee Evans signing. PLEASE.

feelthepain
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
He has asked that you stay with the topic, he's done. You are a MOD so I'm sure you know that hijacking posts is frowned upon. Please add to the topic of Lee Evans signing. PLEASE.

I have, go back and read it!

DaBills4life
10-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Clearly you have a problem with my opinion of the Bills AND THEIR PLAYERS, or else you wouldn't constantly be trying to convince me the Bills are as good as you think they are. Now you're trying to say you don't have a problem with my opinion, which is it? If I say the Bills are not a good team, you make a sarcastic comment about how the "experts" disagree, if you don't have a problem with my opinion, why even make that statement?

If you don't have a problem with my opinion why question my opinion? Why ask me why I think they're not good? Why counter everything I say about the Bills with sarcasm or a shot at the Dolphins? If you have no problem with my opinion, you wouldn't be upset by what I say about the Bills. I think after the last 50 different post/counter post we've engaged in, you can't say you have no problem with my opinion. Because our history on this subject would suggest you clearly have a problem with my opinion of the Bills. There's nothing wrong with you disagreeing with my opinion of the Bills, but there is also nothing wrong with me not having a good opinion of the Bills either.

Oh and BTW, my first post in this thread was about Evans and why I thought he didn't deserve the money he got. YOU then decided to morph that into, you, the Bills and how I feel about those subjects. So don't sit there acting like I'm the one who turned this thread into something else.
I think I figured it out, your obviously talking to more than one person when you reply to my posts. Pretty much everything you say I do I don't do, that's where the confusion is I guess.

Brassmonki14120
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I have, go back and read it!

Please do. I'm sure all will be better for you doing it. Anything to add about Lee?

feelthepain
10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I think I figured it out, your obviously talking to more than one person when you reply to my posts. Pretty much everything you say I do I don't do, that's where the confusion is I guess.

So you have never questioned me about how I feel about the Bills? You've never used sarcastic comments about how the "experts" feel about the Bills and they disagree with me? You've never accusmed of having issues with the Bills?

I think I've made it clear to you why I feel the way I do about the Bills, I think it's a legit unbias opinion. If I say anything negative about the Bills, like Evans making more money then he deserves, you have a problem with it. I'm pretty sure you're the one iI've been having these discussions with.

I think Evans is fast, I think he can catch the football, but that's all he does well. He doesn't run over people, he doesn't out jump people he deosn't dominate a game. The Bills needed him to show up Sunday against the Cards cause Trent went down, he needed to keep pace with Fitzgerald. He didn't, that's why I think Evans isn't a legit #1.

DaBills4life
10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
So you have never questioned me about how I feel about the Bills? You've never used sarcastic comments about how the "experts" feel about the Bills and they disagree with me? You've never accusmed of having issues with the Bills?

I think I've made it clear to you why I feel the way I do about the Bills, I think it's a legit unbias opinion. If I say anything negative about the Bills, like Evans making more money then he deserves, you have a problem with it. I'm pretty sure you're the one iI've been having these discussions with.

I think Evans is fast, I think he can catch the football, but that's all he does well. He doesn't run over people, he doesn't out jump people he deosn't dominate a game. The Bills needed him to show up Sunday against the Cards cause Trent went down, he needed to keep pace with Fitzgerald. He didn't, that's why I think Evans isn't a legit #1.

I said Evans is overpaid, I said most players are overpaid. When Bernard Berrian gets 7 million and Larry Fitzgerald gets 10 million, I think lee Evans should get 8.5 million.

Lee Evans got 9.2 I think, so its close to what i thought he would get.

But yes, we do disagree on whether or not Evans in a #1 WR. I think he is, there is NOTHING wrong with disagreeing.

I like different opinions.

Again I dont have a problem with you being negative on the Bills, I disagree a lot of times, but I dont have a problem with it, i only have problem when you say I need to hear how good the Bills are.

John from Hemet
10-07-2008, 03:20 PM

The real question is why do you not give any credit for it is EVER do to the bills? You will go so far as to make statements that make you look ludicrous rather then just admitting the obvious on certain things. Please dont call out another poster for doing something when you are the polar opposite.

feelthepain
10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
The real question is why do you not give any credit for it is EVER do to the bills? You will go so far as to make statements that make you look ludicrous rather then just admitting the obvious on certain things. Please dont call out another poster for doing something when you are the polar opposite.

I'll give the Bills credit when they earn it. If you don't like it, sue me!

jp2lee783
10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
its pretty simple. bernard berrian. the amount of receivers who are about to cash in like lee is ridiculous. roy williams, t.j housmandzadeh, and anquan boldin will all have big deals next year. bigger than lee.

Brassmonki14120
10-08-2008, 12:00 PM
I think Evans is fast, I think he can catch the football, but that's all he does well. He doesn't run over people, he doesn't out jump people he deosn't dominate a game. The Bills needed him to show up Sunday against the Cards cause Trent went down, he needed to keep pace with Fitzgerald. He didn't, that's why I think Evans isn't a legit #1So Evans is supposed to carry his team with a backup QB (who I'm sure you give very little credit to)? Marvin Harrison, TO, and Randy Moss must be looking like career backups to you at this point in the season. http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=EVA454901&player2=HAR608874&player3=OWE755129&player4=MOS699912&position=widereceiver&playerOne=Lee+Evans&playerTwo=Marvin+Harrison&playerThree=Terrell+Owens&playerFour=Randy+Moss

Not a game changer? 87.5% Lee Evans receptions have gone for first down this season. Almost 90% of his catches are for first downs! Lee is 5th in total yards, 4th in YAC (1st if you count players that have caught 15+ passes), 9th in ypg, 2nd in the league with 7 plays over 20 yards, and 2nd in the league with 3 plays over 40 yards.

Sign Lee to a reasonable deal for what recievers now make in the NFL? You bet your butt this was a smart move by the Bills.

Now I realize the Bills gave him a lil more money than you guys gave Wilford ( 1 rec for 15 in 3 games for $13m over four years, and included a $6m signing bonus) but you have to agree that the phins would gladly have paid the extra cash for Evans.

Side note: if the phins cut Wilford before next season they will have paid him more than what the Bills are paying Lee for 1 season.

feelthepain
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
So Evans is supposed to carry his team with a backup QB (who I'm sure you give very little credit to)? Marvin Harrison, TO, and Randy Moss must be looking like career backups to you at this point in the season. http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=EVA454901&player2=HAR608874&player3=OWE755129&player4=MOS699912&position=widereceiver&playerOne=Lee+Evans&playerTwo=Marvin+Harrison&playerThree=Terrell+Owens&playerFour=Randy+Moss

Not a game changer? 87.5% Lee Evans receptions have gone for first down this season. Almost 90% of his catches are for first downs! Lee is 5th in total yards, 4th in YAC (1st if you count players that have caught 15+ passes), 9th in ypg, 2nd in the league with 7 plays over 20 yards, and 2nd in the league with 3 plays over 40 yards.

Sign Lee to a reasonable deal for what recievers now make in the NFL? You bet your butt this was a smart move by the Bills.

Now I realize the Bills gave him a lil more money than you guys gave Wilford ( 1 rec for 15 in 3 games for $13m over four years, and included a $6m signing bonus) but you have to agree that the phins would gladly have paid the extra cash for Evans.

Side note: if the phins cut Wilford before next season they will have paid him more than what the Bills are paying Lee for 1 season.

Evans is NOT a #1 WR.

John from Hemet
10-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll give the Bills credit when they earn it. If you don't like it, sue me!

So in other words never in your eyes.

Gotcha....thanks for clearing that up.

feelthepain
10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
So in other words never in your eyes.

Gotcha....thanks for clearing that up.

If that means the Bills never start playing like the Giants or Cowboys, then yeah never in my eyes. The Bills are 4-1 based on 4 teams that happen to be some of the worst in the league and it took everything the Bills had to escape with wins in three of the 4 games. The Bills then face a Cards team that was missing Boldin and the Bills got smoked. I don't care if Trent Edwards was in or out, it wouldn't have stopped the cards from putting up 40. Besides Trent has looked like crap except in the hurry up offense in the 4th qtr. By then it would have been to late anyways. The Bills are not playing good football no matter how happy Bill fans are. You don't have a top 15 offense or defense, how is that possible for a team that's 4-1 and have played 4 god awful teams?? What more do you need to see to know the Bills aren't legit yet?

carolinabillsfa
10-08-2008, 10:26 PM
If that means the Bills never start playing like the Giants or Cowboys, then yeah never in my eyes. The Bills are 4-1 based on 4 teams that happen to be some of the worst in the league and it took everything the Bills had to escape with wins in three of the 4 games. The Bills then face a Cards team that was missing Boldin and the Bills got smoked. I don't care if Trent Edwards was in or out, it wouldn't have stopped the cards from putting up 40. Besides Trent has looked like crap except in the hurry up offense in the 4th qtr. By then it would have been to late anyways. The Bills are not playing good football no matter how happy Bill fans are. You don't have a top 15 offense or defense, how is that possible for a team that's 4-1 and have played 4 god awful teams?? What more do you need to see to know the Bills aren't legit yet?

:boohoo: I'll take 4-1 over 2-2 anyday ftp

feelthepain
10-08-2008, 11:41 PM
:boohoo: I'll take 4-1 over 2-2 anyday ftp

I didn't realize the season was only 5 games long.

And BTW, the Pats were 16-0 and the Giants were 10-6 do you think the Pats would have traded their 16-0 record for a 10-6 record and a SB title? Wins and loses aren't the way you determine who's the better team.

Crisis
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I didn't realize the season was only 5 games long.

And BTW, the Pats were 16-0 and the Giants were 10-6 do you think the Pats would have traded their 16-0 record for a 10-6 record and a SB title? Wins and loses aren't the way you determine who's the better team.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Records start over in the playoffs- so yes, wins and losses are how you determine the better team. Head to head matchups (WHICH FALLS UNDER WINS/LOSSES) help determine who's the better team, but FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT THE SCOREBOARD. Not what quarterback has more yards per game.

feelthepain
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Records start over in the playoffs- so yes, wins and losses are how you determine the better team. Head to head matchups (WHICH FALLS UNDER WINS/LOSSES) help determine who's the better team, but FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT THE SCOREBOARD. Not what quarterback has more yards per game.

Yeah well wins and loses didn't help the Cowboys at home and (13-3), Packers at home and (13-3) or Patriots in the Superbowl and undefeated in the SB this decade and (16-0) when they faced the lowly Giants who lost their first 2 games and finished (10-6), did they?

Here's a perfect example of wins and loses not determining the better team(s). If everyone lived in your fantasy world there's no way the Gaints would beat any of those teams much less all of them back to back to back on the road....cause obviously their "W/L" are how YOU determine the better teams. But isn't it amazing how the end result was the team with the worst record by far was the one standing at the top of the heap after all was said and done?

But I'm sure you're loaded with excuses why in this three road game test where the team with the worse record came out on top was just a fluke, right? I think there's plenty of history in the NFL where the team with the better record loses to the team with the worse record. How is this possible? How can anyone make a statement "W's/L's" are how you determine the better teams, when every week of every season teams with worse records beat teams with better record? Obviously wins and loses have their place, but it isn't how you determine the better team.

DaBills4life
10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah well wins and loses didn't help the Cowboys at home and (13-3), Packers at home and (13-3) or Patriots in the Superbowl and undefeated in the SB this decade and (16-0) when they faced the lowly Giants who lost their first 2 games and finished (10-6), did they?

Here's a perfect example of wins and loses not determining the better team(s). If everyone lived in your fantasy world there's no way the Gaints would beat any of those teams much less all of them back to back to back on the road....cause obviously their "W/L" are how YOU determine the better teams. But isn't it amazing how the end result was the team with the worst record by far was the one standing at the top of the heap after all was said and done?

But I'm sure you're loaded with excuses why in this three road game test where the team with the worse record came out on top was just a fluke, right? I think there's plenty of history in the NFL where the team with the better record loses to the team with the worse record. How is this possible? How can anyone make a statement "W's/L's" are how you determine the better teams, when every week of every season teams with worse records beat teams with better record? Obviously wins and loses have their place, but it isn't how you determine the better team.

Its not really the better team that wins all the time because there are so many things that can happen in a game, turnovers, injuries, referees, weather, or any variable can help determine the outcome of a game.

Normally it is the better team that wins though, but you never know what can happen.

But, to be called the better team you have to win a lot of games 1st. Teams that lose most of their game are hardly called the better team unless they play a team that loses more.

SO when it comes down to it, wins and losses still determines the better team, even though the better team doesn't win all the time.

feelthepain
10-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Its not really the better team that wins all the time because there are so many things that can happen in a game, turnovers, injuries, referees, weather, or any variable can help determine the outcome of a game.

Normally it is the better team that wins though, but you never know what can happen.

But, to be called the better team you have to win a lot of games 1st. Teams that lose most of their game are hardly called the better team unless they play a team that loses more.

SO when it comes down to it, wins and losses still determines the better team, even though the better team doesn't win all the time.

The Pats were 16-0 and the Giants were 10-6, who was the better team?

Crisis
10-09-2008, 03:47 PM

regular season records dont mean anything in the playoffs.

i'd say the 4-0 giants were better than the 2-1 pats. :up:

Crisis
10-09-2008, 03:55 PM

head to head matches fall under wins/losses, the bills were 2-0 vs miami last year, how does that say the bills weren't the better team?

wins and losses are everything in football. you're confusing regular season records which are thrown out in the playoffs. everyone starts at 0-0 again. of course there's upsets, but wins/losses are ALL that matters in football. i really don't get what you're trying to say, wins and losses aren't important but you compare meaningless yardage stats all the time?

djfresh47
10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
The Giants lost to 3/4 teams they beat on the road to becoming champs. Record determines who gets into the playoffs. Then I think other factors come into play. Strength of schedule, health, how well the team is playing. The last 3 SB champions didn't have a bye in the first rd. Two of them were the 6 seed in the playoffs.

The Pats were handed 6 victories in the Afc East last year while the Giants played in the best division in football. Having to be consistently up for games helps a team out. Right now the AFC is way down, IMO. Though the NFC went through a stretch with 8-8 teams making the playoffs. So like we usually see the best teams in Sept/Oct aren't guranteed to be the best teams in Jan. Though teams can't dig themselves too deep of a hole. Case in point the Saints last year.

The AFC has no clear-cut favorite. I'd love to say it's parity but I think in general there are 3 teams that I would consider elite. All of which are in NFC East. The Titans are 5-0 but I think you need a Qb to win so I question them.

DaBills4life
10-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Anything can happen in a game. NE put up 500 yards or something on the Giants a couple weeks earlier and then get shut down in the Super Bowl.

Ide say NE and NYG were pretty even, atleast head to head they were.

burger13
10-09-2008, 04:51 PM

the Patriots.

they played twice, they split. Giants lost 5 other times last year. I saw what happened when the Dolphins played the Giants and when they played the Pats.

Pats were the best team in football last year. Giants were the World Champions.

Before you even have to ask....yes, I would rather be the World Champions....but that 1 game doesn't make them the better team, especially since that same team beat them a few weeks earlier.

feelthepain
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
head to head matches fall under wins/losses, the bills were 2-0 vs miami last year, how does that say the bills weren't the better team?

wins and losses are everything in football. you're confusing regular season records which are thrown out in the playoffs. everyone starts at 0-0 again. of course there's upsets, but wins/losses are ALL that matters in football. i really don't get what you're trying to say, wins and losses aren't important but you compare meaningless yardage stats all the time?

I'm not confusing anything, you're the one convinced wins and loses determine who's good and who isn't. Now you're changing your tune and seperating regular season and post season. The fact is the teams with the best offensive and defensive statistics combined with strength of schedule are how you determine the good teams from the bad teams. The Bills are 4-1 and the Dolphins are 2-2, but the Bills don't have a top 10 unit on either side of the ball and the Dolphins have a top 10 unit on both sides of the ball.

Also look how the Bills got their 4 wins, no division games played, no top 10 teams beat. The Bills barely hang on to win against 3 teams 2 of which have fired their HC's already and the Bills couldn't destroy teams that have been in the business of destroying themselves this year. The Only team the Bills have faced with a winning record is Arizona and they were just 500 when the Bills played them and they blew up the Bills.

You will make an argument out of anything that doesn't favor your team. Face it the Bills at 4-1 aren't as good as many 2-2 teams.

feelthepain
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
the Patriots.

they played twice, they split. Giants lost 5 other times last year. I saw what happened when the Dolphins played the Giants and when they played the Pats.

Pats were the best team in football last year. Giants were the World Champions.

Before you even have to ask....yes, I would rather be the World Champions....but that 1 game doesn't make them the better team, especially since that same team beat them a few weeks earlier.

The Giants had to beat three teams on the road in the playoffs that were a combined 42-6 last year, they did it. No one else in the Playoffs accomplished that. It's hard to call the Pats better when they couldn't finish what they started and had a much easier raod to the SB then the Giants.

DaBills4life
10-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not confusing anything, you're the one convinced wins and loses determine who's good and who isn't. Now you're changing your tune and seperating regular season and post season. The fact is the teams with the best offensive and defensive statistics combined with strength of schedule are how you determine the good teams from the bad teams. The Bills are 4-1 and the Dolphins are 2-2, but the Bills don't have a top 10 unit on either side of the ball and the Dolphins have a top 10 unit on both sides of the ball.

Also look how the Bills got their 4 wins, no division games played, no top 10 teams beat. The Bills barely hang on to win against 3 teams 2 of which have fired their HC's already and the Bills couldn't destroy teams that have been in the business of destroying themselves this year. The Only team the Bills have faced with a winning record is Arizona and they were just 500 when the Bills played them and they blew up the Bills.

You will make an argument out of anything that doesn't favor your team. Face it the Bills at 4-1 aren't as good as many 2-2 teams.

There is a huge difference in what your saying though. If some team beats a team head 2 head over and over again, then there is no question who the better team is.

And why do you keep trying to diminish the Bills 4-1 start? No one wins anything going 4-1. Let the season play out. If you really look at the Bills schedule, if they beat SD next week, they could go 1-5 in the division and still finish 10-6 or 9-7, its not a hard schedule at all. I'm not going to lie to you either, I will take it. The whole division has a weak schedule.

Also, strength of schedule is determined by the other teams win/loss record. Im just saying, so if you use strength of schedule then you are using wins and losses to determine how good a team is.

Brassmonki14120
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Evans is NOT a #1 WR.

This just shows how bias or how little you pay attention to Professional Football.

feelthepain
10-09-2008, 08:11 PM
There is a huge difference in what your saying though. If some team beats a team head 2 head over and over again, then there is no question who the better team is.

You don't look at head to head matchups and say one team is better then the other simply because they win the head to head matchups. Look at Miami having a winning record over the Pats during the last decade, the Pats were clearly the better team but Miami just matched up well against them.

And why do you keep trying to diminish the Bills 4-1 start? No one wins anything going 4-1. Let the season play out. If you really look at the Bills schedule, if they beat SD next week, they could go 1-5 in the division and still finish 10-6 or 9-7, its not a hard schedule at all. I'm not going to lie to you either, I will take it. The whole division has a weak schedule.

Many reasons, the Bills have struggled and barely beatten some very bad teams. It took 4th qtr comebacks and the Bills to get into the spread offense and the defense to play prevent before Trent could move the offense. The Bills running game is none existent and their Defense is anything but scary. Also, when the Bills are winning, Bill fans come here and remind us they're team is winning so why does it bother you if I bring up how the the winng is hardly impressive? Am I lying? Am I making things up? Nope and nope!!! You really, really really need to learn to accept the fact that your team is not a great team and you also need to accept that others have their own opinions and are allowed to express them.

Also, strength of schedule is determined by the other teams win/loss record. Im just saying, so if you use strength of schedule then you are using wins and losses to determine how good a team is.

The scheduloes are determined by the previous seasons records not the season being played. If a Team goes 16-0 in 07 doesn't meant they won't finish 16-0 the next. So who cares how a team played the year before it has nothing to do with how a team is playing the following year.

You also love to act like wins are wins, well they're not. Sure if you get into the playoffs anything can happen, but that only matters if you actually get into the playoffs. It's far more critical that a team is playing well in the last qtr of the season then it is in the first qtr. So while I'm sure you're trhilled the Bills are 4-1, it won't mean squat if they don't make the playoffs and the playoffs are a long way's away. The Bills will have to play a whole lot better if they hope to have a chance at the playoffs, cause teams will not allow the Bills to come back every week.

djfresh47
10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
You don't look at head to head matchups and say one team is better then the other simply because they win the head to head matchups. Look at Miami having a winning record over the Pats during the last decade, the Pats were clearly the better team but Miami just matched up well against them.

Many reasons, the Bills have struggled and barely beatten some very bad teams. It took 4th qtr comebacks and the Bills to get into the spread offense and the defense to play prevent before Trent could move the offense. The Bills running game is none existent and their Defense is anything but scary. Also, when the Bills are winning, Bill fans come here and remind us they're team is winning so why does it bother you if I bring up how the the winng is hardly impressive? Am I lying? Am I making things up? Nope and nope!!! You really, really really need to learn to accept the fact that your team is not a great team and you also need to accept that others have their own opinions and are allowed to express them.

The scheduloes are determined by the previous seasons records not the season being played. If a Team goes 16-0 in 07 doesn't meant they won't finish 16-0 the next. So who cares how a team played the year before it has nothing to do with how a team is playing the following year.

You also love to act like wins are wins, well they're not. Sure if you get into the playoffs anything can happen, but that only matters if you actually get into the playoffs. It's far more critical that a team is playing well in the last qtr of the season then it is in the first qtr. So while I'm sure you're trhilled the Bills are 4-1, it won't mean squat if they don't make the playoffs and the playoffs are a long way's away. The Bills will have to play a whole lot better if they hope to have a chance at the playoffs, cause teams will not allow the Bills to come back every week.

I believe wins are wins. It's all about getting in the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if any team from the Afc East made a run. Going through 1/4 of the season or 5 games doesn't make a team a contender. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. The Afc East was a garbage division last year. Right now I think it's the best in the AFC. I'd say the Bills and the Dolphins being competitive for the playoffs is dependant upon one player for each team. Ronnie Brown and Trent Edwards.

I think all the teams in the East are very close. The Bills beat who they had to beat but they've got 6/11 against division. I'll go as this far for the Bills. They and the Dolphins are on the rise while I believe the Pats and Jets have a window that's closing.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 01:10 AM
This just shows how bias or how little you pay attention to Professional Football.

Or it just shows how bias or how little you pay attention the Professional football.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 01:13 AM
I believe wins are wins. It's all about getting in the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if any team from the Afc East made a run. Going through 1/4 of the season or 5 games doesn't make a team a contender. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. The Afc East was a garbage division last year. Right now I think it's the best in the AFC. I'd say the Bills and the Dolphins being competitive for the playoffs is dependant upon one player for each team. Ronnie Brown and Trent Edwards.

I think all the teams in the East are very close. The Bills beat who they had to beat but they've got 6/11 against division. I'll go as this far for the Bills. They and the Dolphins are on the rise while I believe the Pats and Jets have a window that's closing.

I disagree, the things that teams on the rise do, the Bills aren't doing. Maybe that changes by the end of the year, but as of right now, the Bills aren't doing what wins games consistently. I still believe they have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.

Brassmonki14120
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Or it just shows how bias or how little you pay attention the Professional football.

My dog is bigger than your dog!

Really though, if you say that Lee Evans isn't a #1 then it's a given that he is.

You should reread what you've posted about phin players and coaches in the past few years.

I'll promise you no one is beating Beck out of the starting job.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
My dog is bigger than your dog!

Really though, if you say that Lee Evans isn't a #1 then it's a given that he is.

You should reread what you've posted about phin players and coaches in the past few years.

I'm sure I posted that about Beck before we signed Pennington. BTW, I really enjoy how much it bothers several of you Bill fans that I don't think your team is as good as you do. The best part about it is, your team makes it easy. Rather then getting upset with me for being honest about your team and their players, why don't you focus your anger on the owner GM and HC? After all it's their decisions that keep the Bills fans from being able to talk the trash they really desperately want to talk, not me. For every overrated opinion you can make about the Bills I can make two that prove the Bills just aren't what you think they are or want them to be, at least at this point in the season.

Brassmonki14120
10-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm sure I posted that about Beck before we signed Pennington. BTW, I really enjoy how much it bothers several of you Bill fans that I don't think your team is as good as you do. The best part about it is, your team makes it easy. Rather then getting upset with me for being honest about your team and their players, why don't you focus your anger on the owner GM and HC? After all it's their decisions that keep the Bills fans from being able to talk the trash they really desperately want to talk, not me. For every overrated opinion you can make about the Bills I can make two that prove the Bills just aren't what you think they are or want them to be, at least at this point in the season.

Here comes my same opinion as earlier in the season... 8-8 or 9-7. But I forgot that wins don't count to you unless it's Joey Harrington beating a team that goes 6-10.

Honestly Samphin, who cares who's fault it was? This was a win, that means we made less mistakes then good plays...

Brassmonki14120
10-10-2008, 11:42 AM
As far as Lee Evans (topic) He's the second most talented Wide Receiver in the AFC East.

And right now using your "stats override everything" theory Lee Evans is the 5th best receiver in the league and actually the best WR in the division! http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Wow I didn't realize how close the AFC East is right now, it's still up for grabs. And look at that, The Pats play San Diego this week. I don't care who wins because that doesn't matter, I just hope the Chargers don't let the Pats have the better stats because that's what really matters in the standings, to the players, the front office, the owners, the league and the fans.

djfresh47
10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I disagree, the things that teams on the rise do, the Bills aren't doing. Maybe that changes by the end of the year, but as of right now, the Bills aren't doing what wins games consistently. I still believe they have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.

Yeah but who in the AFC is? I guess the Titans but i'm not buying anyteam with Kerry Collins. Denver lost to one of the worst offenses i've ever seen. Norv Turner is and always will be an awful head coach. Jax has looked terrible. Pittsburgh has a ton of injuries. Buffalo hasn't been able to run the ball. New England hasn't played anybody. The Jets haven't beaten anybody. Miami's played two decent teams and split with them.

Give it 3 weeks when the Jets are getting the love for beating 3 straight garbage teams. I don't believe in style points. Their is no BCS a win is a win.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM

Who knows if Buffalo is a good football team, but honestly, how many wins do you see out of their remaining schedule?

San Diego
@ Miami
NY Jets
@ New England
Cleveland
@ Kansas City
San Francisco
Miami
@ NY Jets
@ Denver
New England

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow I didn't realize how close the AFC East is right now, it's still up for grabs. And look at that, The Pats play San Diego this week. I don't care who wins because that doesn't matter, I just hope the Chargers don't let the Pats have the better stats because that's what really matters in the standings, to the players, the front office, the owners, the league and the fans.

You can take the wins Bills got each of the last two season and I'll take Miami's wins each of the last two seasons and you know where the Bills got that the Dolphins didn't? Nowhere!!!! Your precious wins had your team watching the playoffs just like Miami's 1 win had them watching the playoffs. But wins matter!!!:rolleyes2: Like I've said a 1000 times wins only matter if you're a playoff team, if you're not a playoff team wins and loses mean nothing.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
You can take the wins Bills got each of the last two season and I'll take Miami's wins each of the last two seasons and you know where the Bills got that the Dolphins didn't? Nowhere!!!! Your precious wins had your team watching the playoffs just like Miami's 1 win had them watching the playoffs. But wins matter!!!:rolleyes2: Like I've said a 1000 times wins only matter if you're a playoff team, if you're not a playoff team wins and loses mean nothing.
I give you props for being different, I never heard anyone say wins and loses don't matter.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Who knows if Buffalo is a good football team, but honestly, how many wins do you see out of their remaining schedule?

San Diego
@ Miami
NY Jets
@ New England
Cleveland
@ Kansas City
San Francisco
Miami
@ NY Jets
@ Denver
New England

W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W

Bills win them all, happy?

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I give you props for being different, I never heard anyone say wins and loses don't matter.

Tell me then, how did the "wins" matter for the Bills last year.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 02:42 PM
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W

Bills win them all, happy?

I guess this means you actually think the Bills can win 9-10 games since you chose not to answer.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I guess this means you actually think the Bills can win 9-10 games since you chose not to answer.

I answered, if I tell what you want to hear maybe you'll stop whinning that I don't agree with you.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Tell me then, how did the "wins" matter for the Bills last year.

You have now changed your whole point. I don't know what your trying to prove anymore.

How did the wins matter? They mattered up until week 15 of last season. The wins meant the Bills were in the playoff race.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I answered, if I tell what you want to hear maybe you'll stop whinning that I don't agree with you.
There it is, your telling me what I think again.

I'll answer and you can agree or disagree,..

San Diego - W
@ Miami - L
NY Jets - W
@ New England - L
Cleveland - W
@ Kansas City - W
San Francisco - W
Miami - W
@ NY Jets -L
@ Denver - L
New England - W

Bills would finish 11-5.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 04:46 PM
There it is, your telling me what I think again.

We can't seem to get beyond you being offended about what I think of the Bills, cause every time I say something about them you chime in and question what I say. Obviously in order to make you happy, I simply have to think the Bills are great and you'll stop whinning about my opinion of the Bills. Infact you, Brassmonkey and djfresh47 are all Bill fans and you're all extremly upset that I don't join your lovefest over how "GREAT" the three of you think the Bills are. So if I start calling the Bills great will it make you three happy?

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
We can't seem to get beyond you being offended about what I think of the Bills, cause every time I say something about them you chime in and question what I say. Obviously in order to make you happy, I simply have to think the Bills are great and you'll stop whinning about my opinion of the Bills. Infact you, Brassmonkey and djfresh47 are all Bill fans and you're all extremly upset that I don't join your lovefest over how "GREAT" the three of you think the Bills are. So if I start calling the Bills great will it make you three happy?

Honestly, why do you put words in my mouth? Who is saying the Bills are great?

You have to look at everything. Me saying the Bills can go 10-6 or 11-5 has nothing to do with them being good, but has everything to do with their schedule.

So if you actually would read and understand what I'm saying and where I'm coming from, maybe you would stop thinking I think the Bills are great.

Your opinion of the Bills is they wont beat good teams, well please tell me, who are the good teams the Bills will face this year?

djfresh47
10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
When people disagree they're always wrong.

You can speculate what team i'm a fan of by my posts. Just like I can speculate.

John from Hemet
10-10-2008, 07:08 PM

FTP....the bills can only play the teams that are put in front of them on their schedule. So far those are the teams they have played. Its not our fault.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 07:25 PM
FTP....the bills can only play the teams that are put in front of them on their schedule. So far those are the teams they have played. Its not our fault.

No, but were not crushing them. The Bills should be crushing teams, according to feelthepain.

I didnt know he respected Buffalo so much that he thinks Buffalo is at a point where they should crush teams.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 07:26 PM

Who said anything about the Bills schedule being "your" fault? The Bills have struggled to win games against some bad teams this year...as usual. They have a 4-1 record yet neither side of the ball in Buffalo is ranked in the top 10. Their running game is barely getting 50 yards a game from Lynch and they've given up the most points in the division despite the fact that they've played some seriously bad teams.

Now, as a fan of the game of football am I supposed to ignore all the negative the Bills have shown and say, "yeah, but they're 4-1" cause that's all Bill fans want to talk about? I don't think so! See Bill fans think because someone points out what they themselves don't want to talk about it's some sorta crime. Anyone who watches the NFL knows Bufflo could just as easily be 1-4 as 4-1 given as poorly as they've played. I will not give credit to a Bills team for hanging on by their fingernails against teams who's avg rank is what 22 in the league overall?

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 07:38 PM
No, but were not crushing them. The Bills should be crushing teams, according to feelthepain.

I didnt know he respected Buffalo so much that he thinks Buffalo is at a point where they should crush teams.

The Raiders and Rams fired their HC's right after they played the Bills, how bad do you think those teams are that back to back weeks coaches are fired during a season? Did you know since the NFL/AFL merger only 8 coaches have been fired during the season? This year alone there were 2 and the Bills played both those teams back to back. And you don't think those teams are awful? Are you happy your team looked so inept against those two teams?

Lets talk about how many points the Jags, Seahawks, Rams and Raiders have all given up more points then they scored infact the 4 teams I just mentioned have all given up well over 100 points in their first 4 or 5 games, while being some of the worst offenses in the NFL. All this is ignored by Bill fans cause they would have to acknowledge their team is winning but not impressively given the circumstances, but If you want to talk about how great the Bills are I'm sure the conversation will be a long one. Funny how that works.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Your opinion of the Bills is they wont beat good teams, well please tell me, who are the good teams the Bills will face this year?

How how about teams that are ranked in the top 10 and actually don't lose more games then they win? Since you're so offended by my opinion, why don't you tell me how many teams the Bills have beaten in the last 37 games that have actually had a winning record? Since I'm just so damn bias!

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
How how about teams that are ranked in the top 10 and actually don't lose more games then they win? Since you're so offended by my opinion, why don't you tell me how many teams the Bills have beaten in the last 37 games that have actually had a winning record? Since I'm just so damn bias!

Your not getting my point are you? My point is the Bills dont play many good teams this year, most of them are bad teams. It doesn't matter if they cant beat good teams because they don't have to.

Are you trying to prove the Bills have not been a good team over the last decade? I agree with you if that's your point.

I have no idea what your point is.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Your not getting my point are you? My point is the Bills dont play many good teams this year, most of them are bad teams. It doesn't matter if they cant beat good teams because they don't have to.

Are you trying to prove the Bills have not been a good team over the last decade? I agree with you if that's your point.

I have no idea what your point is.

So then do me a favor, I don't want you coming here looking for credit for the Bills in any way shape or form, none. The Bills are not impressive and they've done nothing special, which is basically what I've been saying, but for some reason this offends Bill fans. You think you're confused about my point? How do you think I feel about what it is exactly that I've said that offends Bill fans other then the truth.

DaBills4life
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
So then do me a favor, I don't want you coming here looking for credit for the Bills in any way shape or form, none. The Bills are not impressive and they've done nothing special, which is basically what I've been saying, but for some reason this offends Bill fans. You think you're confused about my point? How do you think I feel about what it is exactly that I've said that offends Bill fans other then the truth.

OMG, you cant help it can you. I am not looking for any credit.

Ehh, your frustrating.

feelthepain
10-10-2008, 11:21 PM
OMG, you cant help it can you. I am not looking for any credit.

Ehh, your frustrating.

Seriously? Your avatar and the duality of it, fits you well. If you don't want credit for the Bills then what the hell are you arguing with me about??? Why do you say you aren't here asking for respect or credit for the Bills, but the second I say something that does shine a favorable light on the Bills you jump right in and question my opinion? You need to stop this two way personality issue you seem to be displaying.

Brassmonki14120
10-11-2008, 10:02 AM
You can take the wins Bills got each of the last two season and I'll take Miami's wins each of the last two seasons and you know where the Bills got that the Dolphins didn't?

Respect.

I also enjoyed watching my team that had something to play for late in the season. It was exciting all season long.

You know you've hijacked many posts, this one no different. If you NEED to have the last word then it's yours. I wont be participating in your attempts to divert from the topics. It's my hope that no other posters take part in these hijackings either.

Why don't you ever start your own post about the subject?

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Respect.

I also enjoyed watching my team that had something to play for late in the season. It was exciting all season long.

You know you've hijacked many posts, this one no different. If you NEED to have the last word then it's yours. I wont be participating in your attempts to divert from the topics. It's my hope that no other posters take part in these hijackings either.

Why don't you ever start your own post about the subject?

The Bills did not earn respect, please 7 wins and the 30th ranked offense and 31st ranked defense is where you think teams need to be to earn respect? Why don't you just call the Bills the SB champs, it wouldn't be as far fetched as saying they're respected.

As for "hijacking" threads, I didn't hijack anything and I'm not the only one in this thread, why aren't you whinning about the Bill fans that aren't talking about Evans specifically? Cause it's ok for the Bill fans to argue about whatever they want but if anyone else does it, they're "hijacking" threads. Whatever, sometimes threads evolve and you know it, the question about Evans was answered how many more ways can the issue about Evans signing be answered? You're just looking to start trouble, everyone else in this thread is having a discussion, so either join in or not, but no one is hijacking anything except you.

emeraldfin
10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Ive seen the Bills play against the Rams and Cards and I can honestly say if I'm a Bills fan I'd be very worried how the Bills are playing at the moment. Their O-line gave up 9 SACKS in those two games, which is a huge worry when you consider that both Miami and NYJ have shown they can get to the QB. The division at the moment is very even between the Bills, Jets and Pats. The Fins will play a huge part in decideing who comes out of the East.

All in all 4-1 going into the bye is still pretty damn good and sets them up well as we all know a good start is vital. But this division is far from over.

DaBills4life
10-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Seriously? Your avatar and the duality of it, fits you well. If you don't want credit for the Bills then what the hell are you arguing with me about??? Why do you say you aren't here asking for respect or credit for the Bills, but the second I say something that does shine a favorable light on the Bills you jump right in and question my opinion? You need to stop this two way personality issue you seem to be displaying.

Im here DEBATING my opinions, not looking to be patted on the back.

Everyone knows the Bills have played an easy schedule, what I don't agree with is you talking about the Bills not beating Oakland easily or not pulling away from St Louis until the 4th.

Who cares how we beat teams, Buffalo is not a team anyone expects to blow out any NFL football team. A win is a win to us. We have not won much, and you want to diminish that by saying we didn't win impressive enough.

By saying we didn't win impressive enough is basically giving the Bills too much respect, which we as Bills fans don't give our team yet. We don't believe we should be whipping up on weak NFL teams yet, the Bills have been one of the weak NFL teams in past years.

The Bills have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. They depend on a lot of 2nd and 3rd year players, they are learning how to win football games, that's all.

ALso, this is the AFC EAST section of the board, there will be Jets talk, Patriots talk, and Bills talk. It is the best AFC EAST board that I know of.

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Im here DEBATING my opinions, not looking to be patted on the back.

Everyone knows the Bills have played an easy schedule, what I don't agree with is you talking about the Bills not beating Oakland easily or not pulling away from St Louis until the 4th.

Who cares how we beat teams, Buffalo is not a team anyone expects to blow out any NFL football team. A win is a win to us. We have not won much, and you want to diminish that by saying we didn't win impressive enough.

By saying we didn't win impressive enough is basically giving the Bills too much respect, which we as Bills fans don't give our team yet. We don't believe we should be whipping up on weak NFL teams yet, the Bills have been one of the weak NFL teams in past years.

The Bills have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. They depend on a lot of 2nd and 3rd year players, they are learning how to win football games, that's all.

ALso, this is the AFC EAST section of the board, there will be Jets talk, Patriots talk, and Bills talk. It is the best AFC EAST board that I know of.

If you're here debating fine, but don't get all bent out of shape when someone calls you out for it! Don't whine when someone say's you're looking for respect for your team and you get upset if you don't get it cause that's what you're doing, both by debating and questioning someones opinon of your team and you fire back with why you think they are wrong about your team.

You're trying to ride the fence and you can't do that, if you defend your team when someone says something negative, then accdept the fact that you don't like someone pointing out their flaws and you defend them. I have no problem you debating your team with your opinions, I do however have a problem with you getting defensive when someone points it out to you and you act like you're not defending your team cuase they're simply your team.

DaBills4life
10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
If you're here debating fine, but don't get all bent out of shape when someone calls you out for it! Don't whine when someone say's you're looking for respect for your team and you get upset if you don't get it cause that's what you're doing, both by debating and questioning someones opinon of your team and you fire back with why you think they are wrong about your team.

You're trying to ride the fence and you can't do that, if you defend your team when someone says something negative, then accdept the fact that you don't like someone pointing out their flaws and you defend them. I have no problem you debating your team with your opinions, I do however have a problem with you getting defensive when someone points it out to you and you act like you're not defending your team cuase they're simply your team.

Stick to the Bills or whatever team we are talking about, no need to go after me. You like to turn everything around on me.

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Stick to the Bills or whatever team we are talking about, no need to go after me. You like to turn everything around on me.

So because I state the obvious that's a crime? If you're a Bill fan trying to convince others your team is better then it is then I can call you a Bill fan defnding your team and looking for love.

DaBills4life
10-11-2008, 08:17 PM
So because I state the obvious that's a crime? If you're a Bill fan trying to convince others your team is better then it is then I can call you a Bill fan defnding your team and looking for love.

Where have I said the Bills are better than anyone except for when you told me Buffalo wasn't better than Miami last year?

I don't know how me saying Lee Evans is a #1 WR is me saying the Bills are a great team.

Where are you getting the belief that I feel the Bills are a great team?

Wagon Circler
10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Damn Dabills...Don't you know that the fins are the greatest team in the league no matter what their record or talent level is??? Maybe you should just except that instead of continuously pulling the 'yak-back' string on that broken toy.

DaBills4life
10-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Damn Dabills...Don't you know that the fins are the greatest team in the league no matter what their record or talent level is??? Maybe you should just except that instead of continuously pulling the 'yak-back' string on that broken toy.

I dont know if he is just messing with me or if he is serious.

It almost sounds like a joke, I think Im being had.

I mean wins don't matter, but stats do? Ive never heard such nonsense.

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Where have I said the Bills are better than anyone except for when you told me Buffalo wasn't better than Miami last year?

Every single tinme you come here and tell us how your team is doing and where their strengths are or "winning record" is. Basically when you speak positively of the Bills I can call you a Bill fan coming here looking for love, have you not talked about the Bills 4-1 record being a positive? Regardless if it's true or not you're here stating the obvious, we know what the Bills record is, if you feel the need to remind us in a post then you're overstating the obvious, therefore I'll point out you're a Bill fan here looking for love.

BTW, I never said Buffalo wasn't better then Miami, nor did I say Miami was better then Buffalo. The Bills had more wins last year, but Miami had a better offense and Defense. Since neither team made the playoffs last year was basically a push.

I don't know how me saying Lee Evans is a #1 WR is me saying the Bills are a great team.

Well to start with, where is Evans Ranked overall in the NFL at the WR position through 5 games? Try 53rd, where is he ranked in just the AFC? Try 28th, how on earth is he a legit #1 if he can't even make it into the top 10 of WR's in just the AFC, much less the league through just 5 games?

He's had just one 1,000 yard season in his career and he's never been to a problowl. This is why I believe you think everything Buffalo is great, you can't even be realistic about your players, calling Evans a legit #1 with nothing in his career to suggest he is. Calling Evans a #1 WR is nothing more then you giving a Bill player more credit then they've earned.

Where are you getting the belief that I feel the Bills are a great team?

I just answered that question.

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I mean wins don't matter, but stats do? Ive never heard such nonsense.

AGAIN.......If wins matter why did the Giants even bother to show up against the Cowboy's Pakers or Pats in the playoffs? According to you, if you have a better record you're the better team, well why did the teams with the better records AND home field advantage lose to the worse record? Why did the 10-6 Giants beat the 16-0 Pats?? You sure know how to skirt answering this question constantly!

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 09:31 PM

Am I on a Bills board telling their Fans how Greg Camerillo is a legit number 1 WR even though he's not done anything to prove it? NO!!

DaBills4life
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
AGAIN.......If wins matter why did the Giants even bother to show up against the Cowboy's Pakers or Pats in the playoffs? According to you, if you have a better record you're the better team, well why did the teams with the better records AND home field advantage lose to the worse record? Why did the 10-6 Giants beat the 16-0 Pats?? You sure know how to skirt answering this question constantly!

A win and a record are different. A record is the result of a bunch of games. A win means you BEAT your opponent in ONE particular game.

So just because you have a 10-6 or a 1-15 record it doesn't mean you cant beat another team with a better record if you play them in ONE game. Anything can happen in a game.

The only thing a better record means is that a certain team was more consistent than another.

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
The only thing a better record means is that a certain team was more consistent than another.

Really? So, whats the difference in the 30th ranked offense and the 5th ranked offense?

DaBills4life
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Really? So, whats the difference in the 30th ranked offense and the 5th ranked offense?

25?

feelthepain
10-11-2008, 11:26 PM
25?

So I asked, whats the difference between the 30th ranked offense and the 5th ranked offense, and all you can see is "25", what is "25"? What's the difference in a team that has 10 wins and anther has 7 wins? 3? Why do you come here? Just to annoy people? You know damn well where I was going with my question and all you see is 25, well no one can say I don't try to talk to you intelligently.

Wagon Circler
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Am I on a Bills board telling their Fans how Greg Camerillo is a legit number 1 WR even though he's not done anything to prove it? NO!!
Yeah...because Camerillo can't even hold Lee Evans jock strap.

feelthepain
10-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Yeah...because Camerillo can't even hold Lee Evans jock strap.

Oh well there you have it, another Bill fan who thinks his team and players are better, what a shock.

DaBills4life
10-12-2008, 09:34 AM
So I asked, whats the difference between the 30th ranked offense and the 5th ranked offense, and all you can see is "25", what is "25"? What's the difference in a team that has 10 wins and anther has 7 wins? 3? Why do you come here? Just to annoy people? You know damn well where I was going with my question and all you see is 25, well no one can say I don't try to talk to you intelligently.

Any team can beat any team in any particular game.

But if you want to know, I looked it up, the 30th offense last year and the 5th offense last year had a difference of 81 yards.

So I guess now you will tell me what that means, right?

feelthepain
10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Any team can beat any team in any particular game.

But if you want to know, I looked it up, the 30th offense last year and the 5th offense last year had a difference of 81 yards.

So I guess now you will tell me what that means, right?

God I love how some people constantly look for the tiniest little thing they can find to make their team look better then it is/was.

Since you went out of your way to find the one stat between the 5th ranked offense and the 30th ranked offense that isn't totally laughable, I thought I'd show you a few numbers that, don't seem to shine quite the pretty light you so obviously avoided in your post!

For instence:

Yards a Game:

5th ranked- 358.7

30th ranked- 277.1

Total points:

5th ranked- 450

30th ranked- 226

Points per game:

5th raked- 28.1

30th ranked- 15.8

As you can see, the stats between the two offenses aren't quite as friendly as OF COURSE you want some to believe. What's my point? Wins happen, but only happen consistently when your in the top of the league in statistics. Without good statistics, you not only decrease your chances of winning, your wins are infrequent and innconsistent. Good teams beat good teams both at home and on the road, bad teams don't.

So while wins and loses have their place, wins and loses don't tell you who is good and why, stats do that. When coaches gameplan a team for the upcoming week, they don't look at their wins and loses and say, "well we have to beat this team cause they have more wins then loses" nor do they say, "well we don't have to try this week cause the team we're playing hasn't won a game"!

They look at their statistics to gameplan their strengths and weakneses. Of cousre all I'm telling you is basic football knowledge and shouldn't have to be explained, at least not to someone who claims to be a football fan. Everything I'm saying is nothing more then simple common sense. But you go ahead and cling to the beliefe that wins and loses matter to teams that don't make the playoffs, cause you know what? You're wrong!!!! For teams that don't make the playoffs a football season is long and arduous, no fun and has little rewards. Teams that don't make the playoffs, don't make the playoffs for good reason, so how do the wins matter to losing teams? They don't!

DaBills4life
10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
God I love how some people constantly look for the tiniest little thing they can find to make their team look better then it is/was.

Since you went out of your way to find the one stat between the 5th ranked offense and the 30th ranked offense that isn't totally laughable, I thought I'd show you a few numbers that, don't seem to shine quite the pretty light you so obviously avoided in your post!

For instence:

Yards a Game:

5th ranked- 358.7

30th ranked- 277.1

Total points:

5th ranked- 450

30th ranked- 226

Points per game:

5th raked- 28.1

30th ranked- 15.8

As you can see, the stats between the two offenses aren't quite as friendly as OF COURSE you want some to believe. What's my point? Wins happen, but only happen consistently when your in the top of the league in statistics. Without good statistics, you not only decrease your chances of winning, your wins are infrequent and innconsistent. Good teams beat good teams both at home and on the road, bad teams don't.

So while wins and loses have their place, wins and loses don't tell you who is good and why, stats do that. When coaches gameplan a team for the upcoming week, they don't look at their wins and loses and say, "well we have to beat this team cause they have more wins then loses" nor do they say, "well we don't have to try this week cause the team we're playing hasn't won a game"!

They look at their statistics to gameplan their strengths and weakneses. Of cousre all I'm telling you is basic football knowledge and shouldn't have to be explained, at least not to someone who claims to be a football fan. Everything I'm saying is nothing more then simple common sense. But you go ahead and cling to the beliefe that wins and loses matter to teams that don't make the playoffs, cause you know what? You're wrong!!!! For teams that don't make the playoffs a football season is long and arduous, no fun and has little rewards. Teams that don't make the playoffs, don't make the playoffs for good reason, so how do the wins matter to losing teams? They don't!

I think everyone would agree with you on what you just said, but when you start saying a team that beats another team over and over again head to head is not better then the losing team because of stats, then your confusing people.

A huge factor in games can be turnovers, it's probably why the Bills had 7 wins last year even though they had terrible stats. They were +9 in takeaway/giveaway, a team like Miami who was 1-15 had a -7 takeaway/giveaway stat. That is a 16 turnover difference, that can change many games, no matter how bad or good a teams stats are.

feelthepain
10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I think everyone would agree with you on what you just said, but when you start saying a team that beats another team over and over again head to head is not better then the losing team because of stats, then your confusing people.

A huge factor in games can be turnovers, it's probably why the Bills had 7 wins last year even though they had terrible stats. They were +9 in takeaway/giveaway, a team like Miami who was 1-15 had a -7 takeaway/giveaway stat. That is a 16 turnover difference, that can change many games, no matter how bad or good a teams stats are.

Considering all the changes to the Dolphins last year (coaching) and all the key injuries we had, we lost a hell of a lot more talent then the Bills due to injury. You really have to question why a team that won just 1 game last year posted better offensive and defensive statistics then the Bills.

DaBills4life
10-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Considering all the changes to the Dolphins last year (coaching) and all the key injuries we had, we lost a hell of a lot more talent then the Bills due to injury. You really have to question why a team that won just 1 game last year posted better offensive and defensive statistics then the Bills.

It doesn't really matter to me, maybe Miami played better in garbage time?

feelthepain
10-12-2008, 02:31 PM
It doesn't really matter to me, maybe Miami played better in garbage time?

Yeah or maybe Miami just had a better offense and defense. I mean, we're talking about 16 games, not one or two.

DaBills4life
10-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah or maybe Miami just had a better offense and defense. I mean, we're talking about 16 games, not one or two.

I understand what your trying to to say, its just not clear cut. Wins and loses are clear cut so most people just look at that.

Head to head Buffalo had 603 yards vs Miami's 554 yards.

Buffalo averaged 25.5 points a game and Miami averaged 13.5 points.

I know you don't think head to head games mean anything. I know you like to determine who is better by looking at stats of games they don't play each other in.

DaBills4life
10-12-2008, 04:11 PM
OK feelthepain, Rams go on the road and beat the Washington Redskins..

Explain please.

Deep2Evans
10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Redskins are now terrible for losing to the Rams.

Wagon Circler
10-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Oh well there you have it, another Bill fan who thinks his team and players are better, what a shock.
Ask any other NFL fan in America who has half a brain in their head and they will tell you the same thing.

feelthepain
10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Ask any other NFL fan in America who has half a brain in their head and they will tell you the same thing.

Not if they actually watch the game of football! The Bills are far from a good football team at the moment, they may be a good football team by the end of the year, but not right now. They've hung on by the skin of their teeth to win three out of four Ball games this season and were destroyed in their last game. Buffalo needs to start winning games with their offense and defense, not their ST's and and spread offense against the prevent in the 4th qtr. 3 of the 4 teams the Bills beat this year are 25 or worse, one which is ranked 17th and the only good team they played they were simply ***** slapped by them. Think whatever you want but I know for a fact the Bills don't belong at the top of the rankings with teams like the Cowboy's, Giants, Steelers or Cards. Cause they've not yet proven they can win against that type of talent. Infact, in the last 31 games the Bills have beaten only 2 teams with a winning record.

DaBills4life
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Not if they actually watch the game of football! The Bills are far from a good football team at the moment, they may be a good football team by the end of the year, but not right now. They've hung on by the skin of their teeth to win three out of four Ball games this season and were destroyed in their last game. Buffalo needs to start winning games with their offense and defense, not their ST's and and spread offense against the prevent in the 4th qtr. 3 of the 4 teams the Bills beat this year are 25 or worse, one which is ranked 17th and the only good team they played they were simply ***** slapped by them. Think whatever you want but I know for a fact the Bills don't belong at the top of the rankings with teams like the Cowboy's, Giants, Steelers or Cards. Cause they've not yet proven they can win against that type of talent. Infact, in the last 31 games the Bills have beaten only 2 teams with a winning record.
The Arizona game wasn't as bad as the score. The defense gave up way too many short passes, but it was still 24-17 half way through the 3rd quarter. The Bills defense missed a bunch of tackles on Arizona's next drive, give up a screen pass on 3rd and 13, and jump offside on a FG attempt which kept that same drive alive.

Then after that JP Losman started turning the football over, Robert Royal fumbled also.

It just went south real fast, which is what normally happens late in games when JP Losman is playing.

The Bills really didn't have that hard a time against St Louis. It was a close game, St Louis played hard, but Buffalo pulled away. It wasn't much of a comeback. This is the NFL, teams dont just crush NFL teams.

The Oakland game is a different stroy. They dominated the Bills offense for 3 quarters, the Bills started to pick up their blitz and pass rush so they started playing off, which was a mistake. Edwards just ate them up.

Seattle, well the beginning of the game was like a hurricane outside, in fact I think it was a hurricane. The Bills dominated the game though after the hurricane stopped.

We will find out a lot about the Bills over the next few weeks.

I think right now Miami has been the most impressive team. Im anxious to see how Miami's offense plays against Baltimore.

Im still not sure about the Jets. Favre still throws up those INT's like crazy. The Bengals dropped atleast 3 and I think caught 2.

The Bills have not played any division games, those games are coming up.

NE I dont know about. Ive only watched one of their games, against SD, and Matt Cassell missed a lot of open WR's.

FTP, what did you think of Roy Williams getting more money then Lee Evans? hehe.

Wagon Circler
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Look how quickly you jump ship when your ridiculous argument is called out...I thought we were talking about how you compared Camarillo to Evans, not the entire bills team itself (which is better than the fins so ya we can jump to that too if you want).

No matter what the topic is dude you are completely irrational and one-sided. Camarillo isn't close to Evans just like the fins aren't close to the bills. Ask any NFL fan with any sort of a brain and they will say the same thing. The way you grasp at your final straws starts off amusing enough, then it just gets to be overboard.

djfresh47
10-16-2008, 11:04 PM

Considering the teams you mentioned wouldn't the Redskins be a better fit. They did win at Dallas. Nobody is a great team til after the SB. All any team can do is beat the teams they're supposed to. If my Dolphins did that this past Sunday they'd be sitting pretty. Your Jets gotta win the next 3 and be sitting pretty.

feelthepain
10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Look how quickly you jump ship when your ridiculous argument is called out...I thought we were talking about how you compared Camarillo to Evans, not the entire bills team itself (which is better than the fins so ya we can jump to that too if you want).

No matter what the topic is dude you are completely irrational and one-sided. Camarillo isn't close to Evans just like the fins aren't close to the bills. Ask any NFL fan with any sort of a brain and they will say the same thing. The way you grasp at your final straws starts off amusing enough, then it just gets to be overboard.

I respond to people who post, if they want to talk about Evans, fine. If they want to talk about the AFC Eastt fine, I really don't care. This is the Beast of the east forum, everything goes in this forum, I don't care what the title of the thread is, it's all relative.

feelthepain
10-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Considering the teams you mentioned wouldn't the Redskins be a better fit. They did win at Dallas. Nobody is a great team til after the SB. All any team can do is beat the teams they're supposed to. If my Dolphins did that this past Sunday they'd be sitting pretty. Your Jets gotta win the next 3 and be sitting pretty.

I can't understand why a Bill fan would come here and then deny they're a Bill fan. You obviously have nothing good to say about any team but the Bills, you defend no team, but the Bills, you only post in this forum if it's about the Bills "especially if it's a negative post, about the Bills". What you write, who you defend and where you post, number of posts per day and you have nothing in your Avatar, signature or quotes that would suggest you're a Dolphin fan in any way shape or form.

Lots of members here aren't Dolphin fans, I have no problem at all with that, but simply being a member doesn't make you a Dolphin fan. All that put together, points in the same direction. You make your devotion to the Bills quite obvious! With every chance you get, you defend them, no matter how minute the topic. I have no problem with you being a Bill fan nor your opinion of them. There quite a few members here that are Bill fans, I just don't see the need to pretend you're not.

BTW, I don't care what team you think I follow, my history here would suggest I'm truly a Dolphin fan and if that's still not enough to convince you, I really don't care. I won't lose sleep over it. You're entitled to your opinion and I can simply choose to ignore that opinion, as you have every right to do the same with mine. I'm simply pointing out whats obvious to me based on all the evidence at hand.

BeastOfTheEast
10-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Evans is NOT a #1 WR.

OK, for the sake of argument, lets say you are correct and Lee Evans is not a #1 WR.

Would you then agree that The Dolphins have no better than #4 WR's gracing their roster?

Just wondering because Lee Evans IS that much better than Ginn, Hagan, Wilford or Camarillo.

In fact, Josh Reed, who is a legit #3 WR, is better than any of the aforementioned on the Dolphins depth charts.

Nublar7
10-20-2008, 09:43 PM
OK, for the sake of argument, lets say you are correct and Lee Evans is not a #1 WR.

Would you then agree that The Dolphins have no better than #4 WR's gracing their roster?

Just wondering because Lee Evans IS that much better than Ginn, Hagan, Wilford or Camarillo.

In fact, Josh Reed, who is a legit #3 WR, is better than any of the aforementioned on the Dolphins depth charts.Camarillo has more receptions than Evans. Not saying he is better, just wanted to point that out.

BuffaloSoldier2
10-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Camarillo has more receptions than Evans. Not saying he is better, just wanted to point that out.

Personally, and I'll admit I'm a little weird, but I like yards and touchdowns better than catches. And right now, Evans is on pace for for 1,389 yards and 8 tds. :up: But who wants that kind of production when you can draft a stud like Ginn in the first round.

djfresh47
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I can't understand why a Bill fan would come here and then deny they're a Bill fan. You obviously have nothing good to say about any team but the Bills, you defend no team, but the Bills, you only post in this forum if it's about the Bills "especially if it's a negative post, about the Bills". What you write, who you defend and where you post, number of posts per day and you have nothing in your Avatar, signature or quotes that would suggest you're a Dolphin fan in any way shape or form.

Lots of members here aren't Dolphin fans, I have no problem at all with that, but simply being a member doesn't make you a Dolphin fan. All that put together, points in the same direction. You make your devotion to the Bills quite obvious! With every chance you get, you defend them, no matter how minute the topic. I have no problem with you being a Bill fan nor your opinion of them. There quite a few members here that are Bill fans, I just don't see the need to pretend you're not.

BTW, I don't care what team you think I follow, my history here would suggest I'm truly a Dolphin fan and if that's still not enough to convince you, I really don't care. I won't lose sleep over it. You're entitled to your opinion and I can simply choose to ignore that opinion, as you have every right to do the same with mine. I'm simply pointing out whats obvious to me based on all the evidence at hand.

Ok i'll be completely biased and attack a team for winning. The Bills suck because they're 5-1. Lee Evans is not a #1 because he's not as good as Larry Fitzgerald. John Beck is great. Ricky Williams didn't quit on the Dolphins he just had to discover himself. The Dolphins haven't been poorly run over the last few years.

I wouldn't say I defend the Bills I just point out what I see. I could post in the main forum about ridiculous things like the Dolphins should pick some bum that's been released by another team. I'll start going there so I can get your acceptance because obviously you're the gate-keeper and will decide whose a fan whose not.