PDA

View Full Version : Hey FTP..........

ZachThomas76
10-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Still think Matt Ryan is over hyped and over rated? :rolleyes2: Or the 4-1 Buffalo Bills are horrible?

PENNDOLPHAN
10-13-2008, 12:58 AM
whos FTP?

WVDolphan
10-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Still think Matt Ryan is over hyped and over rated? :rolleyes2: Or the 4-1 Buffalo Bills are horrible?

:sidelol: I just made a post on this in the depths. Did you see how he moved in the pocket and made that PERFECT throw in the clutch on the sidelines to win the game for them. Matty Ice is sick. ROY. What a stupid move not to pick him 1st overall.

ZachThomas76
10-13-2008, 01:04 AM
:sidelol: I just made a post on this in the depths. Did you see how he moved in the pocket and made that PERFECT throw in the clutch on the sidelines to win the game for them. Matty Ice is sick. ROY. What a stupid move not to pick him 1st overall.

TedSlimm has been telling people for over a year this guy was money on another site. Numerous people ( most who had never even seem him play) called him hype and pointed to his high int total. Of course, if they actually saw his wr core, which was terrible, and saw what Ryan was able to accomplish with next to nothing to work with, they might sing a diff tune. It makes me laugh how people can call a guy over rated by just looking at a stat line. If you saw Matt Ryan play at BC and think hes over rated, then Id suggest you dont know qb talent if it kicked you in the nuts. I have no problem with Jake Long. In fact, if you noticed, Houston flopped Mario Williams to LDE today to match him up on the RT after Jake was holding his own.

ZachThomas76
10-13-2008, 01:05 AM
whos FTP?

Hes the guy who said Matt Ryan is over rated, yet has a pic of John Beck in his sig. Clearly qb evaluation is not his strong point.

WVDolphan
10-13-2008, 01:13 AM
TedSlimm has been telling people for over a year this guy was money on another site. Numerous people ( most who had never even seem him play) called him hype and pointed to his high int total. Of course, if they actually saw his wr core, which was terrible, and saw what Ryan was able to accomplish with next to nothing to work with, they might sing a diff tune. It makes me laugh how people can call a guy over rated by just looking at a stat line. If you saw Matt Ryan play at BC and think hes over rated, then Id suggest you dont know qb talent if it kicked you in the nuts. I have no problem with Jake Long. In fact, if you noticed, Houston flopped Mario Williams to LDE today to match him up on the RT after Jake was holding his own.

I know....right.

Matty Ryan is MONEY. PERIOD. Yea I like Long, and he looks like a stud LT. But, QB is BY FAR the most important position on the field, especially in the NFL. It just makes no sense to pass on a guy who will be one of the best QBs in the league for years when you are in position to get him. Henne may become a stud himself, but Matt Ryan is a LOCK to be a great one. He has all the tools and it was obvious. Now he is showcasing it AS A ROOKIE QB. Not many guys pull it off. Especially on a team that was so bad like Atlanta. They struck gold.

Matt Ryan is simply a natural. And youre right, if people watched him play and didnt realize he was the goods, then Im sorry, they just dont understand QBing in the league. His pocket presence and ability to shift in the pocket is outstanding. He throws GREAT passes with nice touch and accuracy and also has a strong arm. And most importantly the guy has serious balls. He ALWAYS comes through in the clutch. Pure "ICE". He is exactly what you want in an NFL QB.

If ya didnt see that, again, Im sorry but I cant respect your opinions on QBs. Especially, if on top of that you thought/think Beck is a player. He is a total joke. What about the people who thought all of this about Ryan and Beck and also told us teams would stack the box against us when we got Pennington? :rolleyes: Real guru's. The most important position on the field and some are completely lost about whats what. Yet, they are gurus.

hugoguzman
10-13-2008, 01:21 AM

How do you come to such assured conclusions after just 5-6 games?

Can we wait a season or two (or more) before declaring things like this?

P.S. Why is this thread in the Miami Dolphins category?

WVDolphan
10-13-2008, 01:25 AM

1) Not just after 5-6 games. I came to this conclusion last year really. Matt Ryan is a beast and if you dont realize it by now, then I dont know what to tell you. The dude is a natural. Watch him play. What does he have to do to convince some people that he is the goods?

2) No need to wait a season or two. I made this declaration before the draft. Why wait when you can go ahead and call it?

3) I cant answer that one. Will have to speak to the OP. I think it belongs in the depths actually. I made a post about Matt Ryan there just before he made this post. However, mine had nothing to do with FTP. I was asking all the Ryan doubters what they think at this point. But, I guess he still hasnt proven anything to them based on your reaction Im sure others will be similar.

hugoguzman
10-13-2008, 01:38 AM
1) Not just after 5-6 games. I came to this conclusion last year really. Matt Ryan is a beast and if you dont realize it by now, then I dont know what to tell you. The dude is a natural. Watch him play. What does he have to do to convince some people that he is the goods?

2) No need to wait a season or two. I made this declaration before the draft. Why wait when you can go ahead and call it?

3) I cant answer that one. Will have to speak to the OP. I think it belongs in the depths actually. I made a post about Matt Ryan there just before he made this post. However, mine had nothing to do with FTP. I was asking all the Ryan doubters what they think at this point. But, I guess he still hasnt proven anything to them based on your reaction Im sure others will be similar.

If I had a nickel for all of the "naturals" that looked good in their first 5-6 games and then faded away, I'd be a wealthy man.

Not saying that Ryan won't pan out, but it's a bit too early for "I told you so" posts and surefire predictions about his future NFL glory.

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
10-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Its really a hard decision if we restarted the draft though because if we picked ryan almost every LT would be gone by our 32nd pick and we wouldnt have gotten a steal in merling if we decided to draft a LT with the pick. Add that we would have to pay matt ryan more than tom brady makes but i think what will turn the pick in our advantage is when Henne takes over this team. I think Matt Ryan is a good QB but Henne will be a huge steal for us.

jtsacksyou
10-13-2008, 01:51 AM
ya know, a lot of people like to say "hind sight is 20-20" and all that, but i know that on here the last few years, we've called a lot of things right. If dolphins coaches would listen to us finheaven posters we'd probably have a pretty good team.

That made me think of something crazy. What if the draft worked by the team's fans voting on who they want and thats who the team picked. You would never have fans mad about the drafts and fans would be more interested in how their picks are doing. Its a horrible idea, i know, but it sounds kinda cool.

ZachThomas76
10-13-2008, 02:06 AM

Sometimes we dont need 5-6 games in the NFL. Many a Phin fan wanted Pat Willis over Ted Ginn. Hell, I was on another site and Revis was one guy I wanted over Ginn and I got laughed at. Its not hindsight when you call for it before the draft.

PENNDOLPHAN
10-13-2008, 02:28 AM

That would have been a retarded move

kud
10-13-2008, 03:19 AM
I bet every poster here that could be looked back on and you could say 'i told you so' on their posts. Someone's opinion is proven wrong.. hey lets rub it in their face. What is this 3rd grade? 'i'm right your wrong haha.' Really shut up. This is a place for opinions, no one is always going to be right, no one is always going to be wrong.

I wasn't high on Matt Ryan from what I saw in college, but he's making the transition nicely to the pros. He proved me wrong. Good for him.

rainmaker1313
10-13-2008, 04:05 AM
IM happy with jake Long and Chad Henne for our future!!!

Valandui
10-13-2008, 04:09 AM
IM happy with jake Long and Chad Henne for our future!!!
I agree. They have the added bonus of not really having to develop a chemistry with each other.

Awsi Dooger
10-13-2008, 06:30 AM
His arm definitely looks stronger than I thought it was. His yards per completion has been good so far.

I was impressed today, although Chicago basically gave the game away with the moronic squib kick and then the soft defensive strategy with a few seconds remaining.

We'll see. I didn't like him at #1 in the draft. So far the only time I bet against him it was simple, at Tampa Bay.

clevelandm13
10-13-2008, 06:34 AM
I know....right.

Matty Ryan is MONEY. PERIOD. Yea I like Long, and he looks like a stud LT. But, QB is BY FAR the most important position on the field, especially in the NFL. It just makes no sense to pass on a guy who will be one of the best QBs in the league for years when you are in position to get him. Henne may become a stud himself, but Matt Ryan is a LOCK to be a great one. He has all the tools and it was obvious. Now he is showcasing it AS A ROOKIE QB. Not many guys pull it off. Especially on a team that was so bad like Atlanta. They struck gold.

Matt Ryan is simply a natural. And youre right, if people watched him play and didnt realize he was the goods, then Im sorry, they just dont understand QBing in the league. His pocket presence and ability to shift in the pocket is outstanding. He throws GREAT passes with nice touch and accuracy and also has a strong arm. And most importantly the guy has serious balls. He ALWAYS comes through in the clutch. Pure "ICE". He is exactly what you want in an NFL QB.

If ya didnt see that, again, Im sorry but I cant respect your opinions on QBs. Especially, if on top of that you thought/think Beck is a player. He is a total joke. What about the people who thought all of this about Ryan and Beck and also told us teams would stack the box against us when we got Pennington? :rolleyes: Real guru's. The most important position on the field and some are completely lost about whats what. Yet, they are gurus.
Here is a thought, let's ask Chad P. how important a solid left tackle is or the o-line for that matter. Last year behind the jets line Chad look like $h!t. Don't get me wrong A good QB is nice and Great QB is even better, but without a good line there isn't any great QB's IMO!:up:

MustangFinFan
10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
give Chad Henne a chance. He has came in already a few times and showed lots of potential.

lets not forget that Atlanta runs a totally different offense than we do. perhaps Ryan is better in that style

SpurzN703
10-13-2008, 11:26 AM

Pre-ejaculator?

SABURZFAN
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
whos FTP?

look in the toilet after you deuce.

feelthepeen
10-24-2008, 10:37 AM
FTP even gets called out on his own board. Sad...

SABURZFAN
10-24-2008, 10:38 AM
FTP even gets called out on his own board. Sad...

they're holding a can of grease when they call him too.

Justasportsfan
10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
whos FTP
your MOD who wrote this love letter

Dear Daunte:
This is just one fans opinion, but keep your head up bro. Not everyone agrees with the way the Dolphins handled you and your situation. I for one do not feel much pride in this team with this situation, I think it was classless the way it was handled and I think you deserve better, all players that have the love and respect of their teammates desreve better and you had that with this team.

I hope your next stop is a good one and you return to form. You deserve it because of the hard work and the hart you've shown since this injury. I also want to thank you for wanting to help this team succeed and wanting to be a Dolphin. Even though you came back to soon and that decision probably cost you your future in Miami, I know you did so because you're a competitor and you want to succeed as much as any player on this team, including the pressure to win you faced in you decisions.

I'll root for you wherever you land, I think there are some serious flaws in NFL circles and sometimes the good guy's lose. I also have no problem with you forcing your release, there has to be some sorta of consequence for the treatment you've endored the last few months since the new coaching staff arrived and you aren't the only player to suffer such poor treatment around the league. I sat and watched Cam Cameron state with my own eyes and ears he wouldn't evaluate any player till they were a 100%, he obviously didn't mean you cause he obviously never intented on giving you that chance, even though the conversation at the time was about you.

I still love my team, but I just wanted you to know that not everything that happens with this team is something I'm proud to be a part of or watch.
Just like when players do things wrong or make mistakes and the organization feels the need to seperate themselves and their actions or intentions from a players, I feel the need to do the same with this team at this time. I care more about the players then some individuals within the FO and more specifically the coaching staff at this point in time.

Stay strong Bro and thanks again for the effort, you're a class act.

FTP. :sidelol: :sidelol:

feelthepeen
10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Classic!!!!!

tylerdolphin
10-24-2008, 04:34 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol:
wow. :lol:

WVDolphan
10-24-2008, 07:49 PM

Tylers reaction was exactly mine......WOW! Just wow.

Brassmonki14120
10-24-2008, 09:24 PM

Retired SUPERMOD.