PDA

View Full Version : Matty Ice

WVDolphan
10-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, 6 games into the season, any of you clueless wonders still want to tell me Matthew Ryan isnt a franchise caliber QB????

Dudes, a ****ing natural. Did you see that last pass to set them up for the game winning FG when the bears thought they had locked it up with a score just a few seconds ago? He has a team that went 4-12 last year sitting atop their division(in a tie) at 4-2. Get real people. Yea, the RB has played well for them, but dont tell me Ryan hasnt been ballin.

We shouldve drafted this guy. He is already one of the better QBs in the league, and trust me, its a matter of time before he is one of the best 5 QBs in the league, if not the best one day. Watch how he moves in the pocket and buys time. He makes laser precision throws and most importantly he is a pure GAMER. The dude comes through in the clutch on the regular. Thats how you get the name "ICE". Hes a ****ing beast.

Pocket presence is outstanding. Arm strength is above avg. He has mobility. His mobility is above avg. And he has guts. Dude is a WINNER!!

:lol: At least half the people who weighed in around here claimed he would be a bust. Around 30% thought he would be avg at best. Another 10% or so thought he would be good but not great. And then there were the few that knew what was up. Matt Ryan = ROY.

Get real people. And so many wanted Beck to start.. :sidelol: Clueless.

So at the very least, at least stop trying to tell me I dont know QBing in the league and who is good and or will be good and who isnt or wont be. I called Pennington being the perfect fit in Feb, Ive told you all along Beck is the absolute worst and I knew we shouldve drafted Ryan. Dude, couldve beasted for us for the next 15 years. Probably won about 3 world championships with us. Sigh.

Well, lets hear from those of you that told us how much of a bust Matt Ryan would be and the John Beck just needed a chance.

PENNDOLPHAN
10-13-2008, 02:35 AM
MATTY ICE!!!!!! lol

PENNDOLPHAN
10-13-2008, 02:37 AM
oh, and i think that long was the right choice, but i wouldnt have been mad if we drafted Mat Ryan. Imagine ginn having ryan throwing him the ball. OMG, i just had a boner lmao

Blackocrates
10-13-2008, 02:56 AM
I like Matt Ryan. He started off as my first choice but then I switched to Jake Long. Matt Ryan was my second pick followed by Gholston and then Chris Long. I really didn't want Chris Long. I'm happy with Jake being a Dolphin. If the Dolphins would have selected Ryan with the first pick they wouldn't have been left with much to choose from for a LT. I like the setup Miami has at the moment with Pennington at qb and Henne the future. I hope it works out for the best.

emeraldfin
10-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Saw that game last night and have to say Ryan was very impressive. You would have taught it was Peyton Manning back there becasue he showed so much poise in the pocket. What really impressed me was that not only was he converting 3rd downs, he had to consistently convert on 3rd and long.

To pass like he did against one of the best defenses in the league was very impressive.

SpaceMountain16
10-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, 6 games into the season, any of you clueless wonders still want to tell me Matthew Ryan isnt a franchise caliber QB????

Dudes, a ****ing natural. Did you see that last pass to set them up for the game winning FG when the bears thought they had locked it up with a score just a few seconds ago? He has a team that went 4-12 last year sitting atop their division(in a tie) at 4-2. Get real people. Yea, the RB has played well for them, but dont tell me Ryan hasnt been ballin.

We shouldve drafted this guy. He is already one of the better QBs in the league, and trust me, its a matter of time before he is one of the best 5 QBs in the league, if not the best one day. Watch how he moves in the pocket and buys time. He makes laser precision throws and most importantly he is a pure GAMER. The dude comes through in the clutch on the regular. Thats how you get the name "ICE". Hes a ****ing beast.

Pocket presence is outstanding. Arm strength is above avg. He has mobility. His mobility is above avg. And he has guts. Dude is a WINNER!!

:lol: At least half the people who weighed in around here claimed he would be a bust. Around 30% thought he would be avg at best. Another 10% or so thought he would be good but not great. And then there were the few that knew what was up. Matt Ryan = ROY.

So at the very least, at least stop trying to tell me I dont know QBing in the league and who is good and or will be good and who isnt or wont be. I called Pennington being the perfect fit in Feb, Ive told you all along Beck is the absolute worst and I knew we shouldve drafted Ryan. Dude, couldve beasted for us for the next 15 years. Probably won about 3 world championships with us. Sigh.

Well, lets hear from those of you that told us how much of a bust Matt Ryan would be and the John Beck just needed a chance.

:lol:

Vaark
10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
clueless? How come we also don't hear about ALL the ones like these Carnak?? :foundout:

:hi5:

(small sampling) :)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/1565rtg-1.jpg

#1dolphinsfan
10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
i am happy with the draft we had except not having a CB in the draft kinda sucks

PENNDOLPHAN
10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
clueless? How come we also don't hear about ALL the ones like these Carnak?? :foundout:

:hi5:

(small sampling) :)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/1565rtg-1.jpg

LMAO, he wasnt even close with those predictions

WVDolphan
10-13-2008, 05:09 PM
LMAO, he wasnt even close with those predictions

Those were intentional exaggerations. Read the whole thread. It was the spirit of the thread. Everyone was homering up and posting great stuff in anticipation of the season. You actually think I believed all that stuff was going to happen????

I did however think that Beck blows and is the worst player in the league, that Pennington was a perfect fit for our team right now, and that Matt Ryan shouldve been the top pick and was an absolute natural at QB. Not bad, huh.

Vaark
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Those were intentional exaggerations. Read the whole thread. It was the spirit of the thread. Everyone was homering up and posting great stuff in anticipation of the season. You actually think I believed all that stuff was going to happen????

I did however think that Beck blows and is the worst player in the league, that Pennington was a perfect fit for our team right now, and that Matt Ryan shouldve been the top pick and was an absolute natural at QB. Not bad, huh.

I've got more than a few other convenient WV "exagerations" on file (so don't bother lobbying the mods to delete your papertrail :lol:)... so factoring them all together that makes about 2.5/ right out of 20 (conservatively speaking and Not even including the Ronnie ones!)

You remind me of the sports betting service touts who selectively only remember the ones they got right :up: ...but with a worse B.A.

Perfect23
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
He certainly has impressed so far he is solid.

3rdandinches
10-14-2008, 09:51 PM
I questioned more then once his ability to play at the next level. I will eat my crow now, but i have no problem with J.Long who I said all along would the best pick for this team. If Henne developes into a top QB then this is a mute point becuse we will have the best of both worlds.

I must give you credit, you stood by your guns and proved to be right in the end. Ryan looks fantastic, but so does J.Long.

#1 Fan
10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
yeah it sucks considering all the flack people on this board dished out at other posters for wanting to draft matty ice, because beck was supposed to be the next great thing. it made me sick how people on here claimed other posters weren't fans if they wanted to see the qb postion upgraded.

completely ridiculous to call yourself a fan and not want to see the team succeed. makes me miss slippery soap.

BuffaloSoldier2
10-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I think Long was the right choice for you guys. He was the safer choice and you had to see if Beck could become the guy. But Matt Ryan does look awesome. The funniest thing is guess who his offensive coordinator is??? Mike "The Meathead" Mularkey.

shula_guy
10-22-2008, 12:35 AM

as of right now wv you get props on this one he looks like the best qb out of this draft.Bfeore he get annoited though we need to see him pass the sopmorphmore slump. I think he will pass with flying colors but still he has to do it.

secondly you cant deny miami needed a lt just as much as a qb. imagine matty being blindsided play after play. so be fair with ireland long was not a bad choice either

SpaceMountain16
10-22-2008, 05:38 PM

Certainly hampered by your exclamations that this Dolphins team was a 12 win playoff team in the pre-season game chat rooms i was in with you.

BLITZKRIEG
12-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I was right there with you the whole time WV...

I knew Ryan was a natural, and I find it very sad that more than 3/4's of the contributing members here still don't have the balls to come out and admit that they were dead wrong about him. I can't remember how many members here thought that you and I were idiots / crazy for wanting to draft Ryan. Who are the idiots now??....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

WVDolphan
12-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Certainly hampered by your exclamations that this Dolphins team was a 12 win playoff team in the pre-season game chat rooms i was in with you.

11 wins and a playoff team I guess dosent make that call of mine good enough for ya huh??? :up:

WVDolphan
12-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I was right there with you the whole time WV...

I knew Ryan was a natural, and I find it very sad that more than 3/4's of the contributing members here still don't have the balls to come out and admit that they were dead wrong about him. I can't remember how many members here thought that you and I were idiots / crazy for wanting to draft Ryan. Who are the idiots now??....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

They will never admit it bro. And they will never stop making the ridiculous argument that a LT is more important than a QB.

They harp about Long(and he seems like a solid player at LT) and pretend like Ryan wouldve been killed without him, but fail to mention that Ryan is doing just fine without Long in Atlanta.

Ryan is the goods.....PERIOD. They can dance around it all they want to. Bottom line is the guy is already an MVP candidate and he is just a rookie. He will only get better and as he does, he will become one of the elite QBs in this league for many years to come. The kind of guy that guarentees you are in the playoff picture EVERY YEAR. Thats the kind of guy I wanted.

Everyone with any sense knows that in the NFL, its the play of your QB that is the most signifigant factor in winning and losing. The same people fail to realize that a QB can make plays despite a pass rush from time to time.

Bottom line is we wouldve been much better off with Ryan than Long. It was a mistake pure and simple and I guarentee if you were to have a candid conversation with Parcells with no media or cameras or mics around he would admit as much. Im sure years down the line when he isnt with the team anymore you could ask him and he would admit it freely.

PENNDOLPHAN
12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
They will never admit it bro. And they will never stop making the ridiculous argument that a LT is more important than a QB.

They harp about Long(and he seems like a solid player at LT) and pretend like Ryan wouldve been killed without him, but fail to mention that Ryan is doing just fine without Long in Atlanta.

Ryan is the goods.....PERIOD. They can dance around it all they want to. Bottom line is the guy is already an MVP candidate and he is just a rookie. He will only get better and as he does, he will become one of the elite QBs in this league for many years to come. The kind of guy that guarentees you are in the playoff picture EVERY YEAR. Thats the kind of guy I wanted.

Everyone with any sense knows that in the NFL, its the play of your QB that is the most signifigant factor in winning and losing. The same people fail to realize that a QB can make plays despite a pass rush from time to time.

Bottom line is we wouldve been much better off with Ryan than Long. It was a mistake pure and simple and I guarentee if you were to have a candid conversation with Parcells with no media or cameras or mics around he would admit as much. Im sure years down the line when he isnt with the team anymore you could ask him and he would admit it freely.

Matt Ryan is a great player, but long was and still is the better pick for us. There was no LT in the second round that we could have picked, but there was a QB, Chad Henne.

FinsNCanes
12-20-2008, 12:56 PM

What are you getting Matt Ryan for Christmas this year? Jesus, get off his balls already would you? I can think of plenty of players who started off hot in their career and fizzled out. I'm not saying this is going to happen, it's very possible though. I've noticed most of your posts seem to come down to either A) Matt Ryan man fest or B) Somehow bashing the Dolphins.

It's odd though because they you start threads praising them out of nowhere. Uh..yeah..I don't know. What exactly would Ryan do without Long if we had drafted him? I guess we should of drafted Cadlillac over Ronnie as well? You know..because he was put in the HOF after like 4 games his rookie year. I mean that would of been the safe bet, right?