PDA

View Full Version : ~*~* Unofficial Monday Night Football Thread WEEK 7 *~*~

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 07:23 PM
WEEK 6

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/NYG_logo50x50-1.gif VS. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/CLE_logo50x50-1.gif

Welcome one and all to the Unofficial FINHeaven Monday Night Football Thread. This is the first week I have done this so you will have to bear with me.

Tonight we have the 2007 Superbowl Champion New York Giants (4-0) vs. the surprisingly mediocre Cleveland Browns (1-3). This should prove to be a challenge for the Browns as the Giants have looked unstoppable even without their star wide reciever Plaxico Burress. Now that he is back from a suspension, it only spells more bad news for the Browns defense. On the other hand, there are plenty of weapons on the Browns offense that can score quickly if given the opportunity. Plus the Browns always come to play under the lights. This could be a upset just waiting to happen.

So let's get this party started. Kickoff is less than an hour away.

If you would like to follow the game on your computer, you can use the NFL.com Game Center (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29616&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&week=REG6) with live play by play updates and free red zone audio. The game can be heard online on Westwood One HERE (http://www.810whb.com/) (Just click Live! Broadcast)

Vertical Limit
10-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm going for the upset. Browns win by 3 points.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
As much as I want the Browns to win so there is one less undefeated team, I'm going with the Giants 27-14

dolfan305
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I like seeing undefeated teams fail but I don't want it to happen tonight. the giants did our franchise a favor last year by beating the patriots and not letting them get the perfect season2. so I say... let the giants win on monday night and have them lose on a sunday with other teams.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Nice kickoff catch Cribbs. Wearing those teflon gloves again?

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Cleveland needs to calm down. Already making mistakes.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I like seeing undefeated teams fail but I don't want it to happen tonight. the giants did our franchise a favor last year by beating the patriots and not letting them get the perfect season2. so I say... let the giants win on monday night and have them lose on a sunday with other teams.

Yeah they did bail us out and Eli is a much more likeable guy than he used to be. I used to boo hard against that guy. It's still risky to let any team get deeper into the season undefeated. Call me scared after last season.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice first drive by the Browns here. This is exactly what they needed to do.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 08:48 PM
What is the purpose of the Browns wearing throwbacks? They have hardly changed at all over the years. This is just a publicity thing for that new movie "The Express"

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Giants defense is looking a little shell shocked by this Cleveland pass attack here in the 1st. I guess this was expected to be a shootout.

Noodle Arm
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
The Browns should change their uniform colors to all yellow, that way it'll match the flags scattered all over the field whenever they play.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
TOUCHDOWN Giants. This is more like them. Running over people.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
The Browns should change their uniform colors to all yellow, that way it'll match the flags scattered all over the field whenever they play.

LOL ain't that the truth. They could just use those old Vikings jerseys...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/0396_1_bJPG-1.jpg

Tetragrammaton
10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
The Browns are back.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Another Browns touchdown. This is crazy. They are just moving the ball at will out there. The Browns are backing up all that trash talk before the game. Like Muhammad Ali said, "It's not bragging if you can back it up"

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Eli was dying to get the ball to Burress for that TD. So far the Giants are being very predictable.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:20 PM
It's halftime and shockingly the Browns are leading the Giants 17-14. It would be 17-7 if not for a last minute TD by the Giants. Sure glad I didn't bet on this game.

Gerris Wilkinson on the Giants defense went down with an injury earlier in the game and his return is questionable. It will be interesting to see how this effects their D if he is out for an extended time but as for this game it doesn't really matter because the Giants are getting beat all over the field. Derek Anderson is looking like himself now that he has another weapon with Daunte Stallworth returning. So far Anderson has 11/18 Att, 225 PaYds, 1 PaTD and 0 INT.

Eli Manning is looking like he may be trying to play through a hurt or sore arm because he is looking off. I won't be surprised if he has another interception before the game is over. He has 12/18 Att, 141 PaYds, 1 PaTD and 1 INT.

Time for me to get some more beer and snacks.:beer1::woot:

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow I thought maybe this thread would have been a lot more popular. Aside from a couple of people it has just been me here. It looks more like a Liveblog. :lol:

Hopefully someone will read this later and it won't get deleted.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Browns INT. Well I called that one. I didn't think Eli would throw another pick so soon though. If he keeps this up he may need to sit for a few possessions.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Giants defense shows a little bit of life and holds the Browns to just a FG. That keeps the game within one score at 20-14. Browns will have to do better than that if they want to win this game.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Manning had men draped all over him and goes down for the sack hard. That won't help that injured arm any.

Noodle Arm
10-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Side note: I was a fan of Brandon Jacobs before he was drafted and I'm glad he's doing well in the NFL. Very agile for such a big man.

This is a surprisingly good game.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
You are right. Brandon Jacobs is like trying to tackle a bowling ball. He just rolls over people but yet he can dance around defenders to get to the hole. It's fun to watch him work. Tiki Barber is not missed in New York I don't believe.

As for the Browns, they are keeping this game close with all these penalties and droppes passes. If they could just hold onto the ball and quit making mental errors then they could break this game wide open. This is why they are 1-4.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 10:57 PM
This is one ugly drive by the Browns. Those penalty flags are going to be green by the time this drive is over.

Noodle Arm
10-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Just think, for 3 seasons Jacobs was the third string RB at Auburn behind Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. That has to be the greatest RB depth in college history :lol:

Anderson looks good tonight. Quinn will be sitting for a few games longer.

Edwards for the TD! He actually looks alive tonight...finally.

Browns Penalty Meter is at 8.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 11:12 PM
What happened to Jacobs? He can't find any room now. It's like we jinxed him haha.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Browns TOUCHDOWN! This time it was off yet another Manning INT. Score is now 33-14. Eric Wright returns the interception 94 yards for the TD. They need to sit Eli now. He is obviously playing hurt and is forcing things.

Vertical Limit
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I wish I put my bank account on this game. I should look for work in Vegas.

Manning is still a mediocre QB in the regular season. He's had a nice postseason last year (though honestly his defense did more damage than his offense), but all his years in the regular season he has been throwing more INT's every year.

Plus his career completion % is still 55-56%. Not a very accurate QB. He shows flashes of greatness at times, but he still hasn't been able to keep it consistent.

I was waiting for this bad game to happen by him. It's just what I've been seeing throughout his career.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Cleveland goes for the two point conversion and gets it. That gives them the three touchdown lead over the Giants with the score 35-14. I know Cleveland was talking trash before the game and thought they could upset the Giants but I don't think even they thought they would do this well.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 11:27 PM

Yeah you should have put bank on this game. I can't believe this. These Giants tonight are making the Dolphins look like the Super Bowl champs :lol:

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Giants go for it on 4th down seeing their hopes of going undefeated vanishing. Manning throws an incomplete pass to Steve Smith. Browns get the ball on their own 6 yard line with a turnover on downs.

Dolpfan_72
10-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Well that is the end of this one. Cleveland pulls out an amazing victory over the Giants to go to 2-4 and New York drops their first game of the season and go to 4-1. Derek Anderson had his breakout game of the year finishing with 18/29 Att, 310 PaYds, 2 PaTD and 0 INT. Braylon Edwards ends the game with player of the game honors and 5 Rec, 154 ReYds and 1 ReTD. He earned his player of the game to be sure.

Eli Manning and the Giants had a tough game. Maybe it was not being prepared, maybe it was Eli's injury, maybe it was just getting outplayed. Either way a loss is a loss and they are never easy. This leaves the Tennessee Titans in sole ownership of the title "last undefeated team in the NFL" at 5-0. Eli Manning finished this terrible performance with 18/28 Att, 196 PaYds, 1 PaTD and 3 INT. One of his three interceptions was returned for a touchdown by the Cleveland defense to seal the game. Brandon Jacobs played well early but was replaced with by Derrik Ward when he left the game with severe cramps. Ward finishes the game with 10 Car, 101 RuYds and 0 RuTD while Jacobs finished with 14 Car, 67 RuYds and 1 RuTD.

That's it for the inaugural week of the Unofficial FINHeaven Monday Night Football Game Thread. Hopefully things will go a little better next week and more people will join in. I'd like to try and keep this going. For those that participated in this experiment, you all win a brand new shiny "Thanks".

Next week:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/DEN_logo50x50-1.gif vs. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/01/NE_logo50x50-1.gif

The Denver Broncos (4-2) travel to Gillette Stadium to play the New England Patriots (3-2).

See you next...
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif