PDA

View Full Version : 1st major concert event

dolphan39
02-06-2002, 10:23 AM
For the fun of it - why not recount what was the 1st major concert event we all attented ?

I attended an Emerson, Lake and Palmer concert at the Nassau Colliseum ( in LI, NY) in 1976. Back then ELP was just Rock, now I geuss they are Classic Rock; and certainly would not listen to them now. ;) Carl Palmer did a 30 minute drum solo and the crowd went wild. :eek:

FinHeavenAJ
02-06-2002, 03:16 PM
My first major concert was when I bought tickets for my dad and I to go to the Aerosmith concert.... it was AWESOME. I like all types of rock (newer is better tho :) ) But Aerosmith is definitly one of my favorites. We had lawn seats, but that wasn't any problem because half way through they came to the lawn section and played about five songs... from the lawn, I had front row seats and paid only $30... lmao.... oh well... anyways, it was GREAT!

dolfan06
02-06-2002, 03:30 PM
was Hank Williams(are you ready for some football?) Travis Tritt, Charlie Daniels and Jody Messina!:p

iceblizzard69
02-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Im not an adult, so my first concert was onyl three years ago at the ****ty Madison Square Garden. It was Lenny Kravitz with Smash Mouth opening, a pretty good concert. Lenny is awesome.:) (but the new CD isn't that good)

dolphan39
02-06-2002, 11:25 PM
I liked Aerosmith back when "Walk this way" first came out the first time ;) Kiss and Aerosmith were #1 in those "Detroit Rock City" days. :lol:

Jaydog57
02-07-2002, 12:10 AM
My first major concert was Eric Clapton in Orlando in '89. It was for the "Journeyman" album. It was a great show.:cool: As soon as the lights went off for the show to start, all you smelled was joints blazing.:cool: Ahh, to be 17 again...:lol:

dolfan06
02-07-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
My first major concert was Eric Clapton in Orlando in '89. It was for the "Journeyman" album. It was a great show.:cool: As soon as the lights went off for the show to start, all you smelled was joints blazing.:cool: Ahh, to be 17 again...:lol: at the hank williams and charlie daniels concert. i tried not to take deep breaths because i had about 15 mi to drive home!:D

Jaydog57
02-07-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
was Hank Williams(are you ready for some football?) Travis Tritt, Charlie Daniels and Jody Messina!:p I was at the record store the other day and they had "Hank III". His album is called....swear to God..."Lovesick, Broke, and Driftin'." If that title doesn't describe every country song ever written, I don't know what does.:lol:

dolfan06
02-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
I was at the record store the other day and they had "Hank III". His album is called....swear to God..."Lovesick, Broke, and Driftin'." If that title doesn't describe every country song ever written, I don't know what does.:lol: don't look at hanks, he's another "lodie". brooks and dunn have some good ones out, "only in america". they say it was a coincidence it came out the same time as the sept 11 garbage, but it did!:rolleyes: