PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo is for Real

kilgore Trout
10-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I hate to say it, but the Bills are for real. They are a good football team. Beating SD @ home was a very good win for them. At 5-1 they lead the AFC East and are on their way.

Good luck to The Bills (except when they play the Jets.) :wink:

feelthepain
10-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Uh huh and Miami was "for real" after we beat San Diego too.

SabanSucks
10-19-2008, 04:09 PM

5-1.

And maybe the San Diego game meant something for Miami fans, but not to anybody else.

Bills16Fins6
10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Lets go Raiders and Broncos!!!!

DaBills4life
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Anyone can beat anyone, but can you do it consistently. Thats what separates teams.

literatestylish
10-19-2008, 04:32 PM

Your blind hate is truly sad.

The Bills are 5-1.

Audible
10-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Got to give the Bills there do. There looking very good and Edwards looks like the real deal

Deep2Evans
10-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Edwards is fantastic. Hes for real. Heres hoping the Raiders pull off the win against the Jets, and the Patriots fall apart against the Broncos tomorrow.

5-1 feels amazing.

feelthepain
10-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Please, please please love our Bills......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpaceMountain16
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
They are, i picked them to finish 2nd in the east behind Brady's Patriots. One problem, Brady went down. Buffalo will win the division easily now as long as they remain healthy.

feelthepain
10-19-2008, 07:27 PM
They are, i picked them to finish 2nd in the east behind Brady's Patriots. One problem, Brady went down. Buffalo will win the division easily now as long as they remain healthy.

We'll see.

SabanSucks
10-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Jets lose to Oak. NE loses tomorrow night (which they should,) and the Division is the Bills' to lose.

Crisis
10-19-2008, 07:46 PM

yes, we're begging for attention.

thread was started by a jets fan.

Dors156
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
It hurts me to admit it because all you Bills fans said you were going to do well this year and you actually did. The Bills are for real and if Miami wants to prove that they are anything decent they will beat them. But I lost a little bit of faith in Pennington today because of his sad underthrows so we wont beat the bills unless Ronnie throws the ball:lol: Bills are for real.

Finch83
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
The Bills may be "for real" BUT like I said before, they are not an elite team. They wont win a SuperBowl anytime soon so who really cares???

The AFC East is complete garbage this year.

kilgore Trout
10-19-2008, 07:58 PM
The Bills have a great running back, solid defense, and a very good QB. They are winning. I have no problem giving them their props. I hope they lose the next four games, but that is what I must hope for as a division rival.

I also enjoy reading Feel the Pain's posts, he fights the good fight and doesn't give up. He is one of the most tenacious posters I've ever seen.
He is just doing his job and he does it very well.

Now everybody cheer up...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/10/big_boobs-1.jpg

Crisis
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
anytime soon?

buffalo is one of the younger teams in the league, saying they have no chance of winning a superbowl anytime soon just sounds like a bitter dolphin fan trying to feel better that one of their division rivals is on the rise while his team is still in rebuild mode.

buffalo is still a really young team with young rising stars at a lot of skill positions and the defensive line has finally come together with the addition of stroud. who knows what the ceiling is.

SabanSucks
10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I also enjoy reading Feel the Pain's posts, he fights the good fight and doesn't give up. He is one of the most tenacious posters I've ever seen.
He is just doing his job and he does it very well.

You say that as if implying he's just having some good light-hearted fun. A couple weeks ago he moved a power ranking thread to the spam forum because it had the Bills ranked high. He's not messing around; the guy is sick.

kilgore Trout
10-19-2008, 08:21 PM
You say that as if implying he's just having some good light-hearted fun. A couple weeks ago he moved a power ranking thread to the spam forum because it had the Bills ranked high. He's not messing around; the guy is sick.
He is passionate in hatred of the Bills, what can I tell you.

Finch83
10-19-2008, 08:32 PM
anytime soon?

buffalo is one of the younger teams in the league, saying they have no chance of winning a superbowl anytime soon just sounds like a bitter dolphin fan trying to feel better that one of their division rivals is on the rise while his team is still in rebuild mode.

buffalo is still a really young team with young rising stars at a lot of skill positions and the defensive line has finally come together with the addition of stroud. who knows what the ceiling is.

Nope NOT bitter at all. I think the Bills will be fielding a good team this year and probably next year but come on dude, look who your coach is. Its still freakin Dick Jauron. He will blow it.:lol:

feelthepain
10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
anytime soon?

No, it sounds like a fan who's seen this Bill fans speech for years, a speech that always ends the same eventually. 6 games into the season and the best team the Bills have a win against, is 3-4, but we're all supposed to fall down with fear over the mighty Bill machine? Funny, I don't remember these "GREATNESS" threads when the Bills had their ***'s handed to them by the Cards. At the same time I don't remember anyone starting a thread saying how lousy the Bills were after that loss either, basically Bill fans are the only ones interested in coming here and talking Bills football and only after wins.

DaBills4life
10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
No, it sounds like a fan who's seen this Bill fans speech for years, a speech that always ends the same eventually. 6 games into the season and the best team the Bills have a win against, is 3-4, but we're all supposed to fall down with fear over the mighty Bill machine? Funny, I don't remember these "GREATNESS" threads when the Bills had their ***'s handed to them by the Cards. At the same time I don't remember anyone starting a thread saying how lousy the Bills were after that loss either, basically Bill fans are the only ones interested in coming here and talking Bills football and only after wins.

How is your record theory working out lately? Hit a few bumps, St Louis Rams beating up on the NFC East beasts that you say Buffalo needs to play like before you give them credit, whats going on? Cleveland beating up on the Giants last week?

I cant believe how much respect you give Buffalo. They are a young team learning how to win, yet you expect them to be a great team. Thanks for the respect, but I think buffalo still has a long way to go before I expect them to win every game.

feelthepain
10-19-2008, 09:22 PM
How is your record theory working out lately? Hit a few bumps, St Louis Rams beating up on the NFC East beasts that you say Buffalo needs to play like before you give them credit, whats going on? Cleveland beating up on the Giants last week?

I cant believe how much respect you give Buffalo. They are a young team learning how to win, yet you expect them to be a great team. Thanks for the respect, but I think buffalo still has a long way to go before I expect them to win every game.

I don't think I have to continue to defend my stance, it's obvious on a weekly basis, that team records don't determine the outcome of games. You're questioning my opinion by using an example of it. Isn't that rather silly?

Crisis
10-19-2008, 09:28 PM
eh it doesnt matter

when the playoffs come you can sit here watching the bills and talk about how overrated they are

Deep2Evans
10-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Hes bitter that the Bills will be better than the Dolphins, yet again.

DaBills4life
10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't think I have to continue to defend my stance, it's obvious on a weekly basis, that team records don't determine the outcome of games. You're questioning my opinion by using an example of it. Isn't that rather silly?

So you really think the Rams are better than the Redskins and Cowboys? Or the Browns are better than the Giants?

feelthepain
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
So you really think the Rams are better than the Redskins and Cowboys? Or the Browns are better than the Giants?

Did I say that? I think what I said and have been saying for quite a while now, is wins and loses don't determine the better team. I think the Cowboys have ten times the talent as the Bills, but the Bills have the better record. You seem to forget that the Bills are probably the only team in the league yet to play a divison game, you also see to forget that of the 6 games the Bills have played only one of the six teams has more wins then loses and of course that's the one the Bills lost.

I see who the Bills have played and the way the teams the Bills have played are playing so far this year and Buffalo has been tested just once so far this year. Is that because Buffalo is better then the teams they face? Maybe, but I think teams like the Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Jags and Chargers are all loaded with issues, it sure as heck doesn't look like the Bills have been tested but once this year.

Shall we ignore those facts and just stand around thinking how awsome the Bills are cause it would make Bill fans happy? No, I don't think so. Be happy your team is 5-1, but there's no guarantee they will make the playoffs and if they do there's no guarantee they'll do anything with it. I think Bill fans are here gloating over a whole bunch of nothing, but it's what they do well, so it isn't unexpected.

Deep2Evans
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I think Bill fans are here gloating over a whole bunch of nothing, but it's what they do well, so it isn't unexpected.

How dare Bills fans be excited about being 5-1 after we've been awful for the last 8 years. We should be ashamed of our play. I guess we could be the Dolphins, right?

Flip Tanneflop
10-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Did I say that? I think what I said and have been saying for quite a while now, is wins and loses don't determine the better team. I think the Cowboys have ten times the talent as the Bills, but the Bills have the better record. You seem to forget that the Bills are probably the only team in the league yet to play a divison game, you also see to forget that of the 6 games the Bills have played only one of the six teams has more wins then loses and of course that's the one the Bills lost.

I see who the Bills have played and the way the teams the Bills have played are playing so far this year and Buffalo has been tested just once so far this year. Is that because Buffalo is better then the teams they face? Maybe, but I think teams like the Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Jags and Chargers are all loaded with issues, it sure as heck doesn't look like the Bills have been tested but once this year.

Shall we ignore those facts and just stand around thinking how awsome the Bills are cause it would make Bill fans happy? No, I don't think so. Be happy your team is 5-1, but there's no guarantee they will make the playoffs and if they do there's no guarantee they'll do anything with it. I think Bill fans are here gloating over a whole bunch of nothing, but it's what they do well, so it isn't unexpected.

Says the guy with the John Beck avi. :rolleyes:

Get over it dude. Tip your hat to the Bills. They are playing good football right now and I dont know why you try and deny that. You cant go 5-1 over a 6 game stretch in this league without playing good football. I dont care who you play.

Now having said that, I of course despise the Bills. In fact, I hate the Bills so much, I wish they had John Beck.:lol: I think we can beat the Bills next week. If we play good football like we did for a couple weeks, we certainly can beat them. I dont think they are the best team in the league or anything, but they are pretty good.

And for you to say the Cowboys are so much more talented is ridiculous. The Cowboys are the most overrated team in the league. They are a bunch of names. Period. They have no defense at all. They have Ware and basically a bunch of scrubs, especially in the secondary. That has been obvious for a while. And even when their QB is healthy, despite his big play ability, he is a turnover machine. That holds them back. Offensively, they are as talented as anyone, but their defense isnt close to championship caliber.

Also, Trent Edwards is a beast and is 1,000 times better than Beck. In fact he is the total opposite. Edwards is one of the best young QBs in the league and has Buffalo in good shape at that position for years to come. Beck is total garbage and the worst QB in the league. Thats exactly why Edwards was the guy I wanted to draft that year. I also, as it is well known, wanted Matt Ryan this year. I wish we could get this right for once. But, we didnt and we left the far superior QB(probably the best in last years draft) to Buffalo for the taking. That was a huge blunder.

Anyways, dude you dont have to like Buffalo at all. In fact its good to hate the Bills. But, come on man. Give it up. How many wins will they rake up before you just admit they have a pretty good team going up there and have been making good draft choices while we keep taking sorry sacks of **** like John Beck?

sqad5
10-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Says the guy with the John Beck avi. :rolleyes:

Get over it dude. Tip your hat to the Bills. They are playing good football right now and I dont know why you try and deny that. You cant go 5-1 over a 6 game stretch in this league without playing good football. I dont care who you play.

Now having said that, I of course despise the Bills. In fact, I hate the Bills so much, I wish they had John Beck.:lol: I think we can beat the Bills next week. If we play good football like we did for a couple weeks, we certainly can beat them. I dont think they are the best team in the league or anything, but they are pretty good.

And for you to say the Cowboys are so much more talented is ridiculous. The Cowboys are the most overrated team in the league. They are a bunch of names. Period. They have no defense at all. They have Ware and basically a bunch of scrubs, especially in the secondary. That has been obvious for a while. And even when their QB is healthy, despite his big play ability, he is a turnover machine. That holds them back. Offensively, they are as talented as anyone, but their defense isnt close to championship caliber.

Also, Trent Edwards is a beast and is 1,000 times better than Beck. In fact he is the total opposite. Edwards is one of the best young QBs in the league and has Buffalo in good shape at that position for years to come. Beck is total garbage and the worst QB in the league. Thats exactly why Edwards was the guy I wanted to draft that year. I also, as it is well known, wanted Matt Ryan this year. I wish we could get this right for once. But, we didnt and we left the far superior QB(probably the best in last years draft) to Buffalo for the taking. That was a huge blunder.

Anyways, dude you dont have to like Buffalo at all. In fact its good to hate the Bills. But, come on man. Give it up. How many wins will they rake up before you just admit they have a pretty good team going up there and have been making good draft choices while we keep taking sorry sacks of **** like John Beck?
i don't post much here but finally someone from the same team.Post a reply to ftp.thank you go bills

Wagon Circler
10-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Even if you blindly hate the bills how can you not have them ranked at least top 5 in the league at this point???

The team plays like a team and we have young talented players at many key positions, offense and defense.

Our QB is on his way to league-wide stardom.

Makes you want to give Lane Kiffin some props...If the Raiders had taken Calvin Johnson 1 and Trent Edwards 2 like he wanted them to they would be in damn good shape right now.

35Ralph
10-20-2008, 07:16 AM
The Bills may be "for real" BUT like I said before, they are not an elite team. They wont win a SuperBowl anytime soon so who really cares???

Wow. That's some serious sour grapes.

I'm a Bills fan and I don't know if they are an elite team yet. I'd like to think so. But I don't go there until at least half the season has been played. It's my 30+ years of being a fan that compel me to think that way.

How do you know whether they are elite or not?

DaBills4life
10-20-2008, 07:29 AM

Your so tired of Bills fans, yet you provoke them. You talk about Bills fans in every post.

But when you do talk about the Bills you actually show them too much respect, like we are some dominant team every year, and your impressed if we beat average teams or bad teams.

I do get a kick out of your older posts a few weeks ago claiming the Giants and Cowboys are so good, yet these teams got blown out by BAD teams. Yet you still want to talk about our schedule.

But anyways, 5 wins never got any team anything except a top 10 draft pick so the Bills have to keep wining or it doesn't mean anything, I really don't care if they have 8 more 4th quarter comebacks I just want to see them continue to grow as a team.

chibully
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
so how many games do you think buf can win? I said preseason that they would win 8-9 games, but it looks like they will win more. If they keep going the way they are, they're on pace to do very well. and I don't see many "hiccups" in their schedule, except maybe a few road games in new england and denver.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
But anyways, 5 wins never got any team anything except a top 10 draft pick so the Bills have to keep wining or it doesn't mean anything, I really don't care if they have 8 more 4th quarter comebacks I just want to see them continue to grow as a team.

10 wins never got anybody anything but a top 20 pick. Winning playoff games is where it counts. Miami was 10-6 in 03, we had an 1800+ yard RB and didn't make the playoffs. Now you you can think whatever you like but my view of the Bills is what it is based on their history and how TO THIS DATE they have proven nothing.

You come here and act like it's offensive to you and your buddies that I don't respect the Bills, well boo frikin hooo, I really don't give a damn what Bill fans think. I follow this sport religiously and I know a good football team when I see one. The Bills have areas of serious weakness and they have been fortunate to get the teams they've gotten at the times they have this year. Good for them.

As soon as the Bills start playing football like they are a solid team in every aspect of their game, I didn't say GREAT, I said solid, then I'll give them their respect. But the Bills weaknesses are obvious and they've been fortunate to win dispite their weakneses. So don't come here expecting me to love all over the Bills cause that would make you happy, cause it ain't gonna happen. Deal with it and move on. It would seem to me you can't handle it if someone doesn't see things as you do.

Brassmonki14120
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM

Good to see you jumping on the bandwagon! You don't have to beg for love for our Bills, they are earning it through solid game play and wins!

Once again it's good to see you rootin for a winner.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Good to see you jumping on the bandwagon! You don't have to beg for love for our Bills, they are earning it through solid game play and wins!

Once again it's good to see you rootin for a winner.

What winner would that be? The Bills who've never won anything that matters? Make sure you stop posting here when the Bills start losing, cause they will start losing. They're simply not a very good team, sure they have 5 wins but NE had 17 wins last year and what did that get them? But you expect everyone here to respect your 5 win team? Whatever.

SpurzN703
10-20-2008, 01:12 PM

You can only win the games you're scheduled to play man.

Though I would still wait to see how Buffalo fares against the AFC East before calling them great, they're still a really good team.

SpurzN703
10-20-2008, 01:14 PM

I would think that if Dallas had 10 times more talent that they'd have a better record.

To me that is logical.

TheCommonMan
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
As soon as the Bills start playing football like they are a solid team in every aspect of their game, I didn't say GREAT, I said solid, then I'll give them their respect. But the Bills weaknesses are obvious and they've been fortunate to win dispite their weakneses..

Where are these areas of "weakness"?

Because i would argue that they are one of the most balanced teams in the NFL.

We have 2 very solid RB's who can both catch the ball, and who don't fumble.

We have an all world WR in Evans, and some capabale guys behind him.

We have a solid OL

We have a great young QB who doesn't make mistakes.

We have a dominant DL

We have playmaking LB's

We have a deep defensive backfield.

We have amazing return men, and great kickers.

We have a smart head coach.

One area of weakness would be our DE's and our pass rush... but blitzing has helped that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have no clue what you're watching when you sit down on a Sunday.

SpurzN703
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM

We have a solid OL

We have a dominant DL

We have playmaking LB's

One area of weakness would be our DE's and our pass rush... but blitzing has helped that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have no clue what you're watching when you sit down on a Sunday.

Every team has a weakness. Stop acting like the Bills are invincible man.

Who exactly is the amazing return man? McKelvin with his 24.6 yards per return?

TheCommonMan
10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Every team has a weakness. Stop acting like the Bills are invincible man.

Who exactly is the amazing return man? McKelvin with his 24.6 yards per return?

Who said invincible?

I would even venture to say that we haven't got any real superstars on the team outside of Evans.

But we're incredibly balanced.

I just wanted to know where are "serious weakness" is.

McGee, Parrish and McKelvin are probably the best stable of return men in the NFL.

soflabillsfan
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Bills are solid. Like I've said before on this board. The Bills are one good draft ahead of the dolphins.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM

We have a solid OL

We have a dominant DL

We have playmaking LB's

All the above is a Bill fans opinion!!

djfresh47
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
The Bills need to be able to run the ball more effectively down the stretch. They miss McGee because their secondary didn't look impressive yesterday. It wouldn't hurt them to get the power running at the Ralph also. Edwards was great but has never been able to stay healthy. As he goes so do the Bills. He simply doesn't look like a guy in his 2nd year.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I would think that if Dallas had 10 times more talent that they'd have a better record.

To me that is logical.

Why? What's logical about the 16-0 Pats losing to the 10-6 Giants? Or the 13-3 Packers losing to the 10-6 Giants? or the 13-3 Cowboys losing to the10-6 Giants? Nothing about any of those huge upsets is logical. Romo has a broken pinky, he didn't play Sunday, does this make a difference in their ability to win? I think so.

DaBills4life
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM

We have a solid OL

We have a dominant DL

We have playmaking LB's

The Bills have a long way to go before I can agree with this.

Maybe this is why FTP gets upset with Bills fans.

We are a growing team with potential to be really good.

SpurzN703
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Who said invincible?

I would even venture to say that we haven't got any real superstars on the team outside of Evans.

But we're incredibly balanced.

I just wanted to know where are "serious weakness" is.

McGee, Parrish and McKelvin are probably the best stable of return men in the NFL.

Who said invincible? Hell with adjectives like:

Solid
All World
Great and Young
Playmaking
Dominant
Amazing and
Smart

How do these adjectives not equate to invincible? I mean you then say DEs and Pass Rush is the weakness but what about the dominant DL you mention?

SpurzN703
10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
The Bills have a long way to go before I can agree with this.

Maybe this is why FTP gets upset with Bills fans.

We are a growing team with potential to be really good.

Agreed. I think at the current pace, Buffalo finishes 11-5, 9-7 at worst.

SpurzN703
10-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Why? What's logical about the 16-0 Pats losing to the 10-6 Giants? Or the 13-3 Packers losing to the 10-6 Giants? or the 13-3 Cowboys losing to the10-6 Giants? Nothing about any of those huge upsets is logical. Romo has a broken pinky, he didn't play Sunday, does this make a difference in their ability to win? I think so.

Well teams lose to other teams, it's how the league works. But Dallas doesn't have 10 times the talent of any team in the league, not even the Chiefs. Now they'd kick the Chiefs *** if they played but what would you say if KC actually upset Dallas?

Would that mean KC was better? Overall I'd say no. That day yes but over a period of time, no.

Buffalo > Dallas

John from Hemet
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM

I personally dont care if you love the bills.....It is good to see that the reasonable fans at least respect what they have done this year.

John from Hemet
10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
To give credit where credit is due.....miami is also much better then they were last year and it shows.

This isn't going to be an easy game.

John from Hemet
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM

I think the bills are much further along then any bills fans even expected. To win the division is a legit goal not winning the super bowl.

The bills are young and still need a couple more players.....not getting Tony Gonzo hurt as he would have helped us along even further. Hardy is coming along slowly and Evans needs a wr opposite now. Hopefully Hardy will start showing more and the season wears on.

But we do have our QB, RB, OL (except for center)

John from Hemet
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Your so tired of Bills fans, yet you provoke them. You talk about Bills fans in every post.

But when you do talk about the Bills you actually show them too much respect, like we are some dominant team every year, and your impressed if we beat average teams or bad teams.

I do get a kick out of your older posts a few weeks ago claiming the Giants and Cowboys are so good, yet these teams got blown out by BAD teams. Yet you still want to talk about our schedule.

It is also interesting that FTP says he doesn't have to defend his stance....yet does so at every turn.

Dude. You dont like the bills....we get it. WE GET IT.....:lol:

John from Hemet
10-20-2008, 04:28 PM
What winner would that be? The Bills who've never won anything that matters? Make sure you stop posting here when the Bills start losing, cause they will start losing. They're simply not a very good team, sure they have 5 wins but NE had 17 wins last year and what did that get them? But you expect everyone here to respect your 5 win team? Whatever.

FTP just so I understand what you are saying

At 5-1 the bills are "just not a very good team"

The Pats....because they lost 1 game last year "were not a very good team" either?

So what makes a good team? Undefeated?

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
FTP just so I understand what you are saying

At 5-1 the bills are "just not a very good team"

The Pats....because they lost 1 game last year "were not a very good team" either?

So what makes a good team? Undefeated?

The Bills: 5-1

O rankings: 17th

D: rankings: 10th

Passing O: 13th

Rushing O: 23rd

Passing D: 8th

Rushing D: 15th

I know many Bill fans are only interested in the credit they can give their team but the reality is the Bills have played simply the soughtest schedule to this point example,

Jags: 3-3 (21st O) (24th D)

Seahawks: 1-5 (28th O) (27th D)

Rams: 2-4 (31st O) (29th D)

Raiders: 2-4 (22nd O) (26th D)

Chargers: 3-4 (15th O) (28th D)

Totals: W/L 11-20 = 9 games below 500.

Avg. O ranking- 23.4

Avg. D ranking- 26.8

I know none of this means squat to Bill fans, cause then that would mean they still have to wait and win legit games, versus teams that aren't ranked near the bottom of the league in both offense and defense, but oh well.

This is why I find it amusing when Bill fans come here and say look at our 5-1 Bills team we're the class of the division, we're better then everyone. Well A) not one division game has been played by the Bills, the Bills have not beaten a team with an elite Offense or defense yet this year and the one time they played a top Offense the Cards, the Bills just couldn't do a damn thing to stop them. B) If the Bills are this great team, why aren't they a top 5 unit on both sides of the ball? They sure as hell have had a regular stretch of games where the teams they've played have been the very worst in the league in rankings. Not just one game here and three weeks later another team near the bottom of the league.

Keep in mind only one team has not had a bye week in those rankings. Which means the numbers most likely would be worse given the pattern if each team had played 7 games rather then 6 games.

Now obviously no team controls their schedule, no team can predict injuries. But Bill fans are all high on their team thinking they belong at the very top of the league with Teams like the Cowboys and Giants, but their statistics don't suggest anything of the sort. If the Ginats or Cowboys had faced that same stretch of teams the Bills have do you honestly believe either team woulds be ranked outside the top 3 in both offense and defense?

In the Bills 5 wins, they have faced not one Defense that ranks higher then 24th, In the Bills 5 wins they did not face one offense ranked higher then 15th yet in thier top 10 defensive ranking only 2 teams are giving up more points a game then the Bills. The Vikes and Eagles. The Bills have had such an easy start to this season it's unreal. I think the Bills aren't the worst team in the league obviously, but they sure as hell aren't a top 5 team right now.

This information can be had by anyone willing to spend the time to research it, you don't need top secret insider information to obtain this info. So it's not hard to simply look at the numbers and come to a reasonable conclusion.

John from Hemet
10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
The Bills: 5-1

O rankings: 17th

D: rankings: 10th

Passing O: 13th

Rushing O: 23rd

Passing D: 8th

Rushing D: 15th

I know many Bill fans are only interested in the credit they can give their team but the reality is the Bills have played simply the soughtest schedule to this point example,

Jags: 3-3 (21st O) (24th D)

Seahawks: 1-5 (28th O) (27th D)

Rams: 2-4 (31st O) (29th D)

Raiders: 2-4 (22nd O) (26th D)

Chargers: 3-4 (15th O) (28th D)

Totals: W/L 11-20 = 9 games below 500.

Avg. O ranking- 23.4

Avg. D ranking- 26.8

I know none of this means squat to Bill fans, cause then that would mean they still have to wait and win legit games, versus teams that aren't ranked near the bottom of the league in both offense and defense, but oh well.

This is why I find it amusing when Bill fans come here and say look at our 5-1 Bills team we're the class of the division, we're better then everyone. Well A) not one division game has been played by the Bills, the Bills have not beaten a team with an elite Offense or defense yet this year and the one time they played a top Offense the Cards, the Bills just couldn't do a damn thing to stop them. So if the Bills are this great team why aren't they a top 5 unit on both sides of the ball? They sure as hell have had a regulkar stretch of games where the teams they've played have been the very worst in the league in rankings.

Keep in mind only one team has not had a bye week in those rankings. Which means the numbers most likely would be worse given the pattern if each team was had played 7 games rather then 6 games.

Now obviously no team controls their schedule, no team can predict injuries. But Bill fans are all high on their team thinking they belong at the very top of the league with Teams like the Cowboys and Giants, but their statistics don't suggest anything of the sort. If the Ginats or Cowboys had faced that same stretch of teams the Bills have do you honestly believe either team woulds be ranked outside the top 3 in both offense and defense?

In the Bills 5 wins they have faced not one Defense that ranks higher then 24th, yet the Bills only avg. 19.7 points a game. In the Bills 5 wins they did not face one offense ranked higher then 15th yet in thier top 10 defensive ranking only 2 teams are giving up more points a game then the Bills. The Vikes and Eagles. The Bills have had such an easy start to this season it's unreal. I think the Bills aren't the worst team in the league obviously, but they sure as hell aren't a top 5 team right now.

This information can be had by anyone willing to spend the time to research it, you don't need top secret insider information to obtain this info. So it's not hard to simply look at the numbers and come to a reasonable conclusion.

With the exception of the Titans which teams this year have not shown weaknesses in the armour in at least ONE game? You use the cowboys as an example. Are you serious? the same cowboys that just lost to the Rams? (which we beat)

It is interesting that you throw the "no team can control their schedule" in a attempt for others to not use it in their arguements....but the fact is that a team can only play the teams that are put in front of them. The billsa are doing that...and beating them.

All this and we still have a lot of things to work on.....should we every REALLY get our running game going.....look out.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
With the exception of the Titans which teams this year have not shown weaknesses in the armour in at least ONE game? You use the cowboys as an example. Are you serious? the same cowboys that just lost to the Rams? (which we beat)

Did Romo play yesterday?? I can't remember:rolleyes2: The Cowboys have put up some sick numbers and they're not facing the bottom 25 offense and defense every week either. The same with the Giants, you really need to accept the fact that the Bills have looked far less impressive against some of the worst teams in the the league. Like I said, Bill fans only see what they can thump their chest about, NOTHING else exists. If that makes you feel better that's your business, but I guarantee you the Bills aren't what you think they are.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
It is also interesting that FTP says he doesn't have to defend his stance....yet does so at every turn.

Dude. You dont like the bills....we get it. WE GET IT.....:lol:

Yeah and you're a fan of the Pats, Jets and Dolphins!!:rolleyes2:

Deep2Evans
10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm so glad all stats except wins, mean absolutely nothing.

jp2lee783
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM

What do you think the Bills final record will be? Not here to argue, just want to see what your prediction is.

DaBills4life
10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Did Romo play yesterday?? I can't remember:rolleyes2: The Cowboys have put up some sick numbers and they're not facing the bottom 25 offense and defense every week either. The same with the Giants, you really need to accept the fact that the Bills have looked far less impressive against some of the worst teams in the the league. Like I said, Bill fans only see what they can thump their chest about, NOTHING else exists. If that makes you feel better that's your business, but I guarantee you the Bills aren't what you think they are.

Romo played against Arizona, Trent Edwards didnt.

I think winning against bad teams tops losing to bad teams. The NY Giants and Cowboys lost to bad teams.

Your stats are so useless. 30 yards separates the Bills from a top 10 offense. 20 yards separates us from a top 5 defense.

Only the Bills, Giants, and Titans are in the top 11 in both scoring offense and scoring defense.

feelthepain
10-20-2008, 11:55 PM

I think winning against bad teams tops losing to bad teams. The NY Giants and Cowboys lost to bad teams.

Your stats are so useless. 30 yards separates the Bills from a top 10 offense. 20 yards separates us from a top 5 defense.

Only the Bills, Giants, and Titans are in the top 11 in both scoring offense and scoring defense.

Yes your so right about my stats cause playing a team that's in the top 5 on both sides of the ball and a team that's in the bottom 30 on both sides of the ball is no different.:rolleyes2:

BuffaloSoldier2
10-21-2008, 01:17 AM

Why do people even care what his opinion is? He has been proven to be wrong time after time. He worships John Beck for crying out loud. :lol:

I hope everyone keeps sleeping on the Bills. We have a good young team being put together led by a 24 year old QB who has as good of a start to a NFL career as I could remember. Keep hating and the Bills will keep winning.

DaBills4life
10-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Yes your so right about my stats cause playing a team that's in the top 5 on both sides of the ball and a team that's in the bottom 30 on both sides of the ball is no different.:rolleyes2:
The Giants LOST to the Browns (30th ranked offense, 18th ranked defense). The Cowboys LOST to the Rams (31st ranked offense, 30th ranked defense).

The Bills BEAT all the bad team's you talk about.

Your telling me that the Bills need to play more like the Giants and Cowboys.

It makes no sense. The Giants got blown out by the Browns 35-14. The Cowboys got blown out by the Rams 34-14.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 08:09 AM
The Giants LOST to the Browns (30th ranked offense, 18th ranked defense). The Cowboys LOST to the Rams (31st ranked offense, 30th ranked defense).

The Bills BEAT all the bad team's you talk about.

Your telling me that the Bills need to play more like the Giants and Cowboys.

It makes no sense. The Giants got blown out by the Browns 35-14. The Cowboys got blown out by the Rams 34-14.

Are you telling me having the 30th ranked Offense and Defense is just as good as having the 5th ranked Offense and Defesne? Seriously, your taking individule games and using them as a barometer for your lame argument. I'll promise you, as a rule, the 5th ranked Offense and Defense, will win a lot more than the 30th ranked offense and Defense. But there's that common sense thing again.

Brassmonki14120
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM

What anyone here thinks about the Bills means very little compared to opposing players and their home town newspaper.

CHARGERS: Bolts can't rattle young gun Edwards

By LOREN NELSON - Staff Writer

He's one of the best young quarterbacks in the league, and he proved it on Sunday against the Chargers with a near-flawless game despite starting for the first time since suffering a concussion in an Oct. 5 road game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Edwards now has won 10 times in 15 starts, a .667 winning percentage that ranks fifth among active quarterbacks and puts him in the company of New England's Tom Brady (.784), Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (.721), Dallas' Tony Romo (.719) and the Chargers' Philip Rivers (.718).

Edwards went 25-of-30 for 261 yards and a touchdown. He was not sacked, and he did not throw an interception. He finished with a 114.0 quarterback rating... Edwards' .833 completion percentage is the single-game best (minimum of 20 attempts) in Bills history.

What went wrong: Chargers outside linebacker Marques Harris said the team's defensive schemes were no less aggressive than those employed a week ago when they sacked New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel four times en route to a 30-10 blowout victory

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/19/sports/chargers/z2939194ad7c1292a882574e700810db4.txt
CHARGERS: Bills' line doesn't skip a beat with Preston

By MATT SCHMIDT - For The North County Times

Battling hulking Chargers nose tackle Jamal Williams most of the afternoon, Rancho Penasquitos native Duke Preston made his first professional start at center a memorable one, helping his Buffalo Bills teammates to a 23-14 win on Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Williams was impressed with Preston's performance.

"He was great," he said. "I'm sure he was fired up to be playing against his hometown team."

Preston:
"We really marked this game as a critical game for us. I've been here for four years and our team has been so close to beating those playoff-caliber teams. We were really focused on getting over the hump today and trying to put ourselves up there in that upper tier of the AFC. Today was a real critical game for us because we had to prove we could beat teams like the Chargers."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/19/sports/chargers/z4a8b97f165978b03882574e7007e5d64.txt

WeAreMarshawn23
10-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Are you telling me having the 30th ranked Offense and Defense is just as good as having the 5th ranked Offense and Defesne? Seriously, your taking individule games and using them as a barometer for your lame argument. I'll promise you, as a rule, the 5th ranked Offense and Defense, will win a lot more than the 30th ranked offense and Defense. But there's that common sense thing again.

No dude, he's telling you that we beat the teams that were suppose to beat. Maybe the fins should take a page from the bills book and stick to this philosophy.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
No dude, he's telling you that we beat the teams that were suppose to beat. Maybe the fins should take a page from the bills book and stick to this philosophy.

Really, who did the Fins lose to this year that they were supposed to beat? We haven't faced the the very bottom of the league in offense and defense on a weely basis like the Bills. Maybe you should acknolwledge the fact that your teams schedule to this point couldn't possibly have been any softer.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
What anyone here thinks about the Bills means very little compared to opposing players and their home town newspaper.

CHARGERS: Bolts can't rattle young gun Edwards

By LOREN NELSON - Staff Writer

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/19/sports/chargers/z2939194ad7c1292a882574e700810db4.txt
CHARGERS: Bills' line doesn't skip a beat with Preston

By MATT SCHMIDT - For The North County Times

Preston:
"We really marked this game as a critical game for us. I've been here for four years and our team has been so close to beating those playoff-caliber teams. We were really focused on getting over the hump today and trying to put ourselves up there in that upper tier of the AFC. Today was a real critical game for us because we had to prove we could beat teams like the Chargers."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/19/sports/chargers/z4a8b97f165978b03882574e7007e5d64.txt (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/19/sports/chargers/z4a8b97f165978b03882574e7007e5d64.txt)

I know this really isn't what you want to hear, and I really don't care, but the Chargers are not that good this year in case you hadn't noticed. They have ONE aspect of their game that's clicking and that's their passing game, take out Chambers and that is a huge hit to that offense. Now you can act like your Bills just beat the 16-0 Pats, but that's hardly the case. Enjoy the win afterall it's still a win, but don't bring this stupid notion that the Bills accomplished something few teams have done by beating the Chargers, they've played 7 games this year and lost more then they've won, hardly an impressive feat.

directFX
10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I know this really isn't what you want to hear, and I really don't care, but the Chargers are not that good this year in case you hadn't noticed. They have ONE aspect of their game that's clicking and that's their passing game, take out Chambers and that is a huge hit to that offense. Now you can act like your Bills just beat the 16-0 Pats, but that's hardly the case. Enjoy the win afterall it's still a win, but don't bring this stupid notion that the Bills accomplished something few teams have done by beating the Chargers, they've played 7 games this year and lost more then they've won, hardly an impressive feat.

I am pretty sure that even if the BILLS were playing the Giants this weekend and beat them.....your answer would be almost exactly the same.

Dribble about how the Giants "aren't as good as they were last year" probably because they lost to the Browns.

So tell us big man....who do the BILLS have to beat for you to become a believer?

My guess?......even if they win the Superbowl for the next 15 years in a row, they still will be a garbage team and just seem to be getting really lucky.

WeAreMarshawn23
10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Really, who did the Fins lose to this year that they were supposed to beat? We haven't faced the the very bottom of the league in offense and defense on a weely basis like the Bills. Maybe you should acknolwledge the fact that your teams schedule to this point couldn't possibly have been any softer.

How bout an 0-4 Texans and Baltimore you have to beat on your home turf. Those two loses right there will cost the dolphins any shot at the playoffs.

know this really isn't what you want to hear, and I really don't care, but the Chargers are not that good this year in case you hadn't noticed. They have ONE aspect of their game that's clicking and that's their passing game, take out Chambers and that is a huge hit to that offense. Now you can act like your Bills just beat the 16-0 Pats, but that's hardly the case. Enjoy the win afterall it's still a win, but don't bring this stupid notion that the Bills accomplished something few teams have done by beating the Chargers, they've played 7 games this year and lost more then they've won, hardly an impressive feat.

Funny, you weren't saying this when the fins beat them. Dude this just in, John Beck sucks and Ricky Williams could be the most wasted talent in the last 25 years in the nfl.

WeAreMarshawn23
10-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Just so you know there feelthepain, the titians and steelers have had easier scheduels than us. Man the pain and suffering of being a dolphins fan is creeping into your brain and destorying any of this so called knowledge you talk of.

TheCommonMan
10-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Maybe you should acknolwledge the fact that your teams schedule to this point couldn't possibly have been any softer.

It could have been the Titans Schedule, or the Steelers Schedule.

Your arguement is so incredibly lame. You cherry pick some stats and then pretend that they somehow negate the record. You know, the record, the thing that determines playoffs, seeding etc.....

The thing that makes it even funnier is John Beck in your avatar. Because you could have Trent Edwards instead.... you know... the young QB who every national media outlet is blowing on a weekly basis.

SpurzN703
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM

Well for the Dolphins it's been the opposite really. Beating New England and San Diego wasn't supposed to happen. Hell, speaking of "beating teams you're supposed to", based on last year, the Dolphins aren't supposed to beat anyone.

SpurzN703
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
How bout an 0-4 Texans and Baltimore you have to beat on your home turf. Those two loses right there will cost the dolphins any shot at the playoffs.

Funny, you weren't saying this when the fins beat them. Dude this just in, John Beck sucks and Ricky Williams could be the most wasted talent in the last 25 years in the nfl.

Well Houston is 2-4 and will be 3-4 after beating the Bengals next Sun, if that means anything

:wink:

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 11:28 AM
So tell us big man....who do the BILLS have to beat for you to become a believer?

It's more than WHOM, it's how and for for how long. The Bills have no problem beating teams that they should beat, but they have a very hard time beating teams they shouldn't beat. To become one of the top teams in the NFL, to earn the respect Bill fans seem to think they have now, the Bills need to win against teams that are not injured in key positions, playing in the other teams house, beating a team coming off a 5 or 6 game win streak, beat teams that are ranked high on both sides of the Ball, beat teams that are more then 500 or 1 game above 500.

Ya know, you can think the Bills are one of the top teams in the league, but name one of the other top teams in the league, a team that's been a top team for more then a 6 or 7 game stretch and tell me how many of those teams don't have wins against teams with winning records??? The Bills are now 6 games into the 08 season and that would mean in the last 38 games the Bills have 2 wins against teams with a winning record, the 9-7 Redskins and the 9-7 Jets. But to listen to Bill fans no team in the league is safe when they play the Bills, if those teams are 500. or less you'd be right, but anyone with a winning record, the Bills simply haven't proven they can win those games at home or on the road. Now how can you say your team is one of the best in the league, knowing this??

WeAreMarshawn23
10-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Hell, speaking of "beating teams you're supposed to", based on last year, the Dolphins aren't supposed to beat anyone.

Haha, great line man, that is classic. The thing is I don't like the dolphins but I do think there a lot better. This team will be real good once Henne starts to come into his own.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
It could have been the Titans Schedule, or the Steelers Schedule.

Your arguement is so incredibly lame. You cherry pick some stats and then pretend that they somehow negate the record. You know, the record, the thing that determines playoffs, seeding etc.....

The thing that makes it even funnier is John Beck in your avatar. Because you could have Trent Edwards instead.... you know... the young QB who every national media outlet is blowing on a weekly basis.

Yeah I'm looking at the Bills and they've played just one team with a winning record and lost of course...badly, translation all the teams the Bills beat were ranked 15th or worse on Offense and 24th or worse on defense and I'm "cherry picking" stats? I guess of the 5 teams the Bill have wins against they are 11-20 overall in wins and loses (that's a 2 to 1 loss to win ratio just 7 games into the season...pretty sad) and that should simply be ignored cause Bill fans say so?:rolleyes2:

Tell me, if you had your choice, which would you rather the Bills have wins against? Choice1) Teams with the stats and rankings of the teams the Bills have played so far this year, OR choice 2)wins against teams with stats and rankings that are totally oposite? In other words, being 5-1 against teams that are 20-11 with offenses that are 10th or better and defensese that are 8th or better??

If you picked choice 2 would you feel your team is actually playing at a high level against the top teams in the league? If you picked choice 1 would you feel th same as choice 2? Hoenstly this isn't rocket science, what the Bills have done so far this year is beat a collection of the worst teams in the league, nothing more. Now if the Bills go the next 6 games and are 5-1 against the top half of the league, then Bill fans may have an argument but they won't face the schdule..sorta par for the course this year for the Bills, till then this 6 game stretch is hardly worthy of all this nonesense Bill fans are trying to pawn off on everyone and then getting offended some don't see what Bill fans see.

John from Hemet
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM

Did Edwards play against the cards? You can make that same arguement that had he played we beat the Cards because we score, chew up clock, convert first downs, and keep Kurt Warner off the field.

The fact is that a team is bigger then just one player. It is a TEAM.

John from Hemet
10-21-2008, 12:22 PM

No I am not....but I dont go after one of those teams over the others consistantly like you do.

WeAreMarshawn23
10-21-2008, 12:29 PM
It's really funny how sad you are. Your team is looking at another non playoff year and this is all you can say to make your self feel better. I don't blame you, your self esteem must be extremely low since you know absolutly nothing about football. Knowledge does equal power and you need to get some. THIS JUST IN JOHN BECK IS HORRIBLE.

John from Hemet
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
It's really funny how sad you are. Your team is looking at another non playoff year and this is all you can say to make your self feel better. I don't blame you, your self esteem must be extremely low since you know absolutly nothing about football. Knowledge does equal power and you need to get some. THIS JUST IN JOHN BECK IS HORRIBLE.

I honestly dont know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him. The thing is....we could lose this game this weekend and I still would not be down on my then 5-2 team because we are playing the phins on the road and divisional games are always tough.......

I dont think it will happen.....but it could...and it wouldn't mean that the bills are a bad team.

When I think back to before the season.....the jags and chargers were pretty much losses on everybody's estimations....and we won those games.

By the way.....GOOD TEAMS WIN THE GAMES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN

Finch83
10-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Buffalo still has Dick Jauron as their head coach. He will screw it up eventually haha.

SpurzN703
10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
It's more than WHOM, it's how and for for how long. The Bills have no problem beating teams that they should beat, but they have a very hard time beating teams they shouldn't beat. To become one of the top teams in the NFL, to earn the respect Bill fans seem to think they have now, the Bills need to win against teams that are not injured in key positions, playing in the other teams house, beating a team coming off a 5 or 6 game win streak, beat teams that are ranked high on both sides of the Ball, beat teams that are more then 500 or 1 game above 500.

Ya know, you can think the Bills are one of the top teams in the league, but name one of the other top teams in the league, a team that's been a top team for more then a 6 or 7 game stretch and tell me how many of those teams don't have wins against teams with winning records??? The Bills are now 6 games into the 08 season and that would mean in the last 38 games the Bills have 2 wins against teams with a winning record, the 9-7 Redskins and the 9-7 Jets. But to listen to Bill fans no team in the league is safe when they play the Bills, if those teams are 500. or less you'd be right, but anyone with a winning record, the Bills simply haven't proven they can win those games at home or on the road. Now how can you say your team is one of the best in the league, knowing this??

C'mon man, if the Phins were 5-1 with the same schedule as Buffalo you'd be sweating their nuts.

Admit it

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
C'mon man, if the Phins were 5-1 with the same schedule as Buffalo you'd be sweating their nuts.

Admit it

Well you can think whatever you want, but Miami had quite a few season early this decade where we would start 8-0 and 7-1 and we didn't even make the playoffs. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the soft schedule holds no water when it comes to facing teams that are legit.

John from Hemet
10-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Buffalo still has Dick Jauron as their head coach. He will screw it up eventually haha.

DJ has never had a QB like Trent Edwards.......

Its like candy fell from the heavens with this 3rd round pick.

John from Hemet
10-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Well you can think whatever you want, but Miami had quite a few season early this decade where we would start 8-0 and 7-1 and we didn't even make the playoffs. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the soft schedule holds no water when it comes to facing teams that are legit.

FTP,

Have you ever stopped to think that a young team like the bills beating up on a bunch of softies actually might give them the confidence to win the big games later on in the season.

The bills team is not without talent.....keep in mind we are 5-1 and we haven't truly even dominating a game with the run even though we have a very good one two punch at RB and one of the largest lines in the league.

- Our pro bowl LT missed all of training camp and is just now rounding into shape.

- The our rookie WR Hardy was not expected to hit the ground running and it was thought our offense would come out of the game slow and pick up as the season went on.

- Trent Edwards is still a inexperienced QB and should also improve as the season goes on.

My opinion is that while we have NOT faced the NFL's best by the time we do this team could be on a serious role with big time confidence and playing well.

This is not a team that is playing its best football that could start going backwards towards the end of the season.

Just something to consider.

SpurzN703
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM

Trust me, I remember going 7-1 only to finish 9-7. But teams who are worth a damn don't do that. I don't recall the Phins going 9-7 b/c of the schedule, it's b/c they didn't have the balls to get the job done.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Trust me, I remember going 7-1 only to finish 9-7. But teams who are worth a damn don't do that. I don't recall the Phins going 9-7 b/c of the schedule, it's b/c they didn't have the balls to get the job done.

What? How about the fact the more games you win the harder teams prepare for you? Or the fact that Miami would play tough in warm weather and struggle in cold?

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 05:45 PM
FTP,

Have you ever stopped to think that a young team like the bills beating up on a bunch of softies actually might give them the confidence to win the big games later on in the season.

The bills team is not without talent.....keep in mind we are 5-1 and we haven't truly even dominating a game with the run even though we have a very good one two punch at RB and one of the largest lines in the league.

- Our pro bowl LT missed all of training camp and is just now rounding into shape.

- The our rookie WR Hardy was not expected to hit the ground running and it was thought our offense would come out of the game slow and pick up as the season went on.

- Trent Edwards is still a inexperienced QB and should also improve as the season goes on.

My opinion is that while we have NOT faced the NFL's best by the time we do this team could be on a serious role with big time confidence and playing well.

This is not a team that is playing its best football that could start going backwards towards the end of the season.

Just something to consider.

Is it beyond reasonable to ask Bill fans to give the world a break till their team actually does something that has meaning? Seriously why must everyone love and respect the Bills before they prove anything? Everything I've said about the Bills, basically what my opinion of the Bills is, is based on facts! Bill fans come here and question our opinions beased on the Bills playing one of the softest schedules in the league so far this year. You people act as if what the Bills have done through six games is something very few teams could have done. Give it up!!!

John from Hemet
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
LOL FTP

That hate is gonna eat you up man....:)

DaBills4life
10-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Is it beyond reasonable to ask Bill fans to give the world a break till their team actually does something that has meaning? Seriously why must everyone love and respect the Bills before they prove anything? Everything I've said about the Bills, basically what my opinion of the Bills is, is based on facts! Bill fans come here and question our opinions beased on the Bills playing one of the softest schedules in the league so far this year. You people act as if what the Bills have done through six games is something very few teams could have done. Give it up!!!

Are you going to do this all year, the Bills really don't play any good teams according to your criteria all season long.

Wont it get tiring repeating the same stuff?

Finch83
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I think the Bills team is solid BUT Dick Jauron will screw it up.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Are you going to do this all year, the Bills really don't play any good teams according to your criteria all season long.

Wont it get tiring repeating the same stuff?

Ummm, is this bizzaro world again?? The Bills 5 wins happen to be against 5 teams without a winning record, their one loss was to a team with a winning record who just happens to be a division leader. Now if the Bills continue to play teams that are as bad as 5 of the 6 teams they've played so far...then YES I'm going to do this all year.

feelthepain
10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
LOL FTP

That hate is gonna eat you up man....:)

I don't think so, cause I watch the same games you watch and I know my opinion of the Bills is a heluva lot more realistic then Bill fans opinion.

soflabillsfan
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't think so, cause I watch the same games you watch and I know my opinion of the Bills is a heluva lot more realistic then Bill fans opinion.You don't know football. Sorry.

DaBills4life
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Ummm, is this bizzaro world again?? The Bills 5 wins happen to be against 5 teams without a winning record, their one loss was to a team with a winning record who just happens to be a division leader. Now if the Bills continue to play teams that are as bad as 5 of the 6 teams they've played so far...then YES I'm going to do this all year.

Wait, you confusing me, you told me a few days ago records don't matter to you.

Hopefully Dallas and the NY Giants don't play those bad teams anymore also.

It is funny to see you doing all this work, and then the Giants and Cowboys get beat by the same teams you criticize Buffalo for losing to, bad teams.

You just go too far sometimes. I agree with you that the Bills haven't proven anything, but come on, the Giants and Cowboys didn't just lose to bad teams they got blown out. The games weren't even close.

Like I said a bunch of times, we will see what happens. The Giants won the Super Bowl last year with the 7th ranked defense and the 16th ranked offense. The Bills sit at 9th on defense and 17th on offense, so they are close.

Brassmonki14120
10-22-2008, 09:03 AM

It does seem like Bizzaro world. Wins now matter?

Buffalo is a team with a winning record who just happens to be a division leader.

NOW LOVE THEM!

WeAreMarshawn23
10-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Really though to keep bringing this up is pointless cause two of those wins, Jax and SD will be over in the playoffs hunt come week 17. Guess what so will the bills but not the dolphins who can't even beat these teams that your banging on the bills for beating. HAHA you guys let Joe freakin Flacco come to your house and give you an *** whooping. :sidelol:

Brassmonki14120
10-22-2008, 09:31 AM

Rejoice, Bills fans! The respect you all knew was coming has finally arrived after a solid win over the Chargers. Especially impressive is how Buffalo continues to roll on despite several injuries -- its depth is much stronger than in years past. Now the Bills begin a three-game stretch against all of their AFC East rivals. With three wins they could cement their status as division frontrunners. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Beating the Chargers made a strong statement that the Bills are among the AFC's elite. Now they have a chance to do some damage in their division. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80bd3d50&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

WeAreMarshawn23
10-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey there chief I still think the bills have a lot to prove but to discount a 5-1 record is ridiculous. I will come back here and eat crow if we hit skid row but you keep saying when we go south like we always do. The last two years we started poor and finished strong, sure this may have been the case with two headcoaches who had no right to be. Fact is were 5-1 will hit some bumps in the road but have positioned ourselves for a playoff run. With also the possiblility of a division title has a lot of bills fans excited, hey whens the last time Miami lead the division 7 weeks into the season.

Phin-o-rama
10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
i would rather the bills win the east than favre or the brady less pats.........

so if its not us? then go bills

Brassmonki14120
10-22-2008, 12:06 PM
i would rather the bills win the east than favre or the brady less pats.........

so if its not us? then go bills

You just passed Opie for my favorite fin fan.

SpurzN703
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
What? How about the fact the more games you win the harder teams prepare for you? Or the fact that Miami would play tough in warm weather and struggle in cold?

Did John Beck tell you this?

Phin-o-rama
10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
You just passed Opie for my favorite fin fan.

It's true though...envision this...

Jet's win division = OMFG folks! Brett Favre has done it again. He has carried this team from the slums of 4-12 to the AFC East Title, etc etc

Pat's win division = OMFG folks! The Patriots have shown resiliency throughout this season. Bill Belichek is a GENIUS for winning with MATT CASSEL and keeping his team focused after losing brady in game 1 etc etc etc.

no ****ing thanks...

WeAreMarshawn23
10-22-2008, 02:30 PM
It's true though...envision this...

Jet's win division = OMFG folks! Brett Favre has done it again. He has carried this team from the slums of 4-12 to the AFC East Title, etc etc

Pat's win division = OMFG folks! The Patriots have shown resiliency throughout this season. Bill Belichek is a GENIUS for winning with MATT CASSEL and keeping his team focused after losing brady in game 1 etc etc etc.

no ****ing thanks...
Haha, yo man I was thinking the same thing with the fins. If it aint the bills let it be the fins. Plus, I really want both these teams a top of it again so this rivarly can get in full swing once more. Sux, Farve was my non-favorite bill but after the **** with the packers and then becoming a jet I cant stand the guy.

Finch83
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
I do find it funny that all these Bills fans are coming over to a DOLPHINS WEBSITE and fishing for compliments haha.

DaBills4life
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I do find it funny that all these Bills fans are coming over to a DOLPHINS WEBSITE and fishing for compliments haha.

I guess we are not used to winning, one day maybe you can come to a Bills site and fish for compliments.

It is refreshing to read posts on why the Bills won instead of why we lost.

I think so many Bills fans are here because misery likes company, don't worry, if we keep winning we will leave.

Mr. Carter
10-22-2008, 06:02 PM
The bills are going to come into our stadium and embarras us yet again unfortunately.

Deep2Evans
10-22-2008, 06:52 PM

I enjoy this site because of the AFC East forum that were in now. Theres not many boards where you can go and discuss the whole division, with other fans from Miami, New England and New York. It's pretty unique.

DaBills4life
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I enjoy this site because of the AFC East forum that were in now. Theres not many boards where you can go and discuss the whole division, with other fans from Miami, New England and New York. It's pretty unique.

I said the exact same thing a few weeks ago, Its the best AFC East forum I know of where Dolphin, Jets, Patriot, and Bills fans all post.

They don't want to believe me when I say its a good forum which is why I come, they want to believe Im here to get patted on the back because the Bills are actually wining games this year.

Honestly If something happens to the Jets or Patriots, this is the 1st board I go to besides Bills boards. Its a great site. If something happens in the NFL, I go to the NFL section.

The 1st reason I come here though is for my own scouting report. I want to know who is playing good for Miami or who is playing bad. SO I read the main board mostly, but I try not to post there much because that is where you can get into trouble.

Flip Tanneflop
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM

Id like you to find how many teams go 5-1 over a 6 game stretch in the NFL. And you can take any schedule into consideration. Go find a team that has gone 5 wins out of 6 games in the NFL over the last few years and take the one with what you feel was the worst schedule of the group(if you can find more than a few teams that go on a 5-1 run in 6 games) and I guarentee you wont find a team that wasnt a good team.

And besides, the phins play 14 of the same games Buffalo does. So if and when we rip off 5 out of 6 this year, I dont think it would be fair for you to be talking about how good the phins are. BTW, I think we will win more games than we lose out of this last 10. Just gander at our schedule. The AFC east is playing the NFC Worst and the AFC Worst in non division games. Those are clearly the worst two divisions in football.

I hate the Bills too, but they have a pretty good team man. I dont think its unreasonable to think they will go at least 5-5 in their last 10. That should get them in.

And I saw an interview on NFL Live with that Edwards kid. Ive been impressed with his play all along. After watching him interview, Im definately impressed with how he goes about things. He says all the right things. He has his head on straight. The guy is legit. Buffalo got the best QB in that whole draft last year. He was ours for the taking, yet we chose the worst QB available in the draft and took him even before Edwards went off the board no less.:rolleyes:

Just give Buffalo some credit when its due man. Geez.

Flip Tanneflop
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I guess we are not used to winning, one day maybe you can come to a Bills site and fish for compliments.

I think so many Bills fans are here because misery likes company, don't worry, if we keep winning we will leave.

But, then who will FTP spout off to about how bad the Bills are despite having success??? Cause during the time HE banned me here, I was hanging out over on Billszone and from what I understand he is banned for life over there.

Perhaps if you guys leave he will be forced to get himself a dog. It will have to be a female so he can name it BECKy. :lol: Then he can talk to BECKy all day about how terrible the Bills are and no one understands that fact execpt him.

Now I understand that I could be accused of having an obsessive hate for John Beck on these boards. Difference is there are plenty of people who would listen and agree that John Beck is the absolute worst. FTP on the other hand is going to have a hard time finding someone to buy into his idea that the Bills arent any good if they continue to win. Well maybe BECKy. But, we all know, dogs arent too bright.

T.K.O.
10-22-2008, 11:01 PM
"You are what your record says you"

I wonder who said that?

Lee evans83
10-22-2008, 11:24 PM
why doesnt he bring up that fact that SD scored the most ppg in the NFL before they played the Bills and they held them to 14 points. Also they made the top rated passer in the league who hasnt turned the ball over in three games turn it over three times...why not bring those stats up?

SpurzN703
10-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Buffalo has had a great year so far, anyone denying that is just trying to hide under the covers.

5-1 is an awesome record. I remember the days..........:d-day:

SpurzN703
10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
why doesnt he bring up that fact that SD scored the most ppg in the NFL before they played the Bills and they held them to 14 points. Also they made the top rated passer in the league who hasnt turned the ball over in three games turn it over three times...why not bring those stats up?

Well uh, the Chargers did only score 10 points against the Dolphins. Sure Rivers turned the ball over but he still lost both games.

feelthepain
10-23-2008, 10:26 AM
"You are what your record says you"

I wonder who said that?

Someone who isn't coaching anymore cause no one is paying him to do so.

feelthepain
10-23-2008, 10:28 AM

Both Buffalo and Miami got the Chargers off their bye week. I don't care what your record is, that's a huge advantage for the team coming off the bye.

Brassmonki14120
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Someone who isn't coaching anymore cause no one is paying him to do so.

You are 100% correct.

He is now being paid to be the current Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins, Bill Parcells.

feelthepain
10-23-2008, 11:35 AM
You are 100% correct.

He is now being paid to be the current Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins, Bill Parcells.

So tell me, if you are what your record says, what did 16-0 say about the 07 Pats??? And what did 10-6 say about the 07 Giants?? My guess is that it would say the Pats are a whole lot better then the Giants! And how did that help the the 16-0 Pats in the SB? Gotta love how wins and loses are all that matter, I'm sure the Pats were thinking the same thing as they walked off the filed SB losers. 18-1 and the Pats 07 season will be remebered more as the biggest upset loss in SB history then a truly remarkable season. While the 1-15 07 season of the Dolphin will simply be forgotten.

One more question, how does being 18-1 in 07 help the Pats in 08? It doesn't, and since the 07 season is over and the Pats didn't get it done, how did winning 18 games help the Pats achieve the ultimate goal in 07? It didn't, so wins and loses only matter if you're standing on the podium at the end of the season holding the silver trophy with a big fat grin.

Brassmonki14120
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
So tell me, if you are what your record says, what did 16-0 say about the 07 Pats??? And what did 10-6 say about the 07 Giants?? My guess is that it would say the Pats are a whole lot better then the Giants! And how did that help the the 16-0 Pats in the SB?

It didn't, so wins and loses only matter if you're standing on the podium at the end of the season holding the silver trophy with a big fat grin.

Don't ask me to answer for what your Executive Vice President of Football Operations said.

What did the Giants and Pats regular season record say? That they made the Postseason. Why not ask what the stats meant?

Why did the Colts who statistically lead the post season in Total Offense not even make the Big Show? How about why the Steelers, who were statistically the Defensive Leaders of the Postseason, didn't make the show either?

Wins and Losses also matter when you're sitting in front of your TV at the end of a regular season game with a big fat grin.

John from Hemet
10-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey there chief I still think the bills have a lot to prove but to discount a 5-1 record is ridiculous. I will come back here and eat crow if we hit skid row but you keep saying when we go south like we always do. The last two years we started poor and finished strong, sure this may have been the case with two headcoaches who had no right to be. Fact is were 5-1 will hit some bumps in the road but have positioned ourselves for a playoff run. With also the possiblility of a division title has a lot of bills fans excited, hey whens the last time Miami lead the division 7 weeks into the season.

Doesn't matter man.....because even if we were to win the East....heck even if we won our first playoff game....heck even if we made it to the AFC Championship game....heck EVEN IF WE MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL

but lost.....

We still would not be a good team by FTP's standards......:)

John from Hemet
10-23-2008, 02:06 PM

I actually come here just for FTP's comments.....well that and the ladies lounge

John from Hemet
10-23-2008, 02:08 PM
So tell me, if you are what your record says, what did 16-0 say about the 07 Pats??? And what did 10-6 say about the 07 Giants?? My guess is that it would say the Pats are a whole lot better then the Giants! And how did that help the the 16-0 Pats in the SB? Gotta love how wins and loses are all that matter, I'm sure the Pats were thinking the same thing as they walked off the filed SB losers. 18-1 and the Pats 07 season will be remebered more as the biggest upset loss in SB history then a truly remarkable season. While the 1-15 07 season of the Dolphin will simply be forgotten.

One more question, how does being 18-1 in 07 help the Pats in 08? It doesn't, and since the 07 season is over and the Pats didn't get it done, how did winning 18 games help the Pats achieve the ultimate goal in 07? It didn't, so wins and loses only matter if you're standing on the podium at the end of the season holding the silver trophy with a big fat grin.

And there you have it in the world according to FTP:

Super bowl winner - Good team
All other teams - Bad team

Finch83
10-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Still not sold on Jauron. Dont think he has what it takes to lead a team to the Super Bowl.

He had that ONE good year for Chicago when they went 13-3...and thats it.

feelthepain
10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
And there you have it in the world according to FTP:

Super bowl winner - Good team
All other teams - Bad team

Not bad teams, just "don't matter" teams!!

WeAreMarshawn23
10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Well I would like to commend your squad today on giving us an old fashion *** whooping. This team was to focused on stopping the run and let chad kill us. I'd have to say that Porter could be defensive player of the year. Good win guys, you now have a chance to sneak into the wildcard. Can't wait for the rematch and more important the Jets game next week.

FLABillsFan
10-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Well I would like to commend your squad today on giving us an old fashion *** whooping. This team was to focused on stopping the run and let chad kill us. I'd have to say that Porter could be defensive player of the year. Good win guys, you now have a chance to sneak into the wildcard. Can't wait for the rematch and more important the Jets game next week.

pretty damn much what I've got to say too.

feelthepain
10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Doesn't matter man.....because even if we were to win the East....heck even if we won our first playoff game....heck even if we made it to the AFC Championship game....heck EVEN IF WE MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL

but lost.....

We still would not be a good team by FTP's standards......:)

The Bills need to do all that first, I haven't seen the Bills do any of that for what 12 or 13 years now? But you want everyone to just say, the Bills beat a bunch of 2-6 and 3-4 teams wow they're awesome!?!

DaBills4life
10-26-2008, 11:38 PM
The Bills need to do all that first, I haven't seen the Bills do any of that for what 12 or 13 years now? But you want everyone to just say, the Bills beat a bunch of 2-6 and 3-4 teams wow they're awesome!?!

What Bills fan says the Bills are awesome?

You keep saying that.

djfresh47
10-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Jason Peters was abused by Joey Porter today. I don't see a dominant team in the NFL. The Titans are undefeated but they've got Qb issues. Unlike any year I really can remember it's wide open. If the Dolphins can beat the Broncos and the Jets beat the Bills it's a 4 team race.

What I think will hurt the Bills is not having a real home-field advantage against Miami next game. I think the NFL going to Europe won't help. The Bills in Toronto, IMO won't work also.

John from Hemet
10-27-2008, 12:27 PM

What is it with the "awesome" crap......is any bills fan coming here saying that the bills are a awesome team?

They are improved.....that are (well were) on top of the division......they could make the playoffs this year after a long long drought.

but I dont remember any bills fan here talking about a "awesome" team.

Congrats on the win by the way.....I knew this was going to be a tough game.

ih8brady
10-27-2008, 04:34 PM
What is it with the "awesome" crap......is any bills fan coming here saying that the bills are a awesome team?

They are improved.....that are (well were) on top of the division......they could make the playoffs this year after a long long drought.

but I dont remember any bills fan here talking about a "awesome" team.

Congrats on the win by the way.....I knew this was going to be a tough game.

Ever since the win over Seattle, chatter about being contenders has been nearly nonstop.

Iroquois Joe
10-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Ever since the win over Seattle, chatter about being contenders has been nearly nonstop.

Theres "chatter" on every message board. I come to this one often as well as visit a lot of other team's sites. Everyone is talking about being a contender for a while.

Oh, and did I mention Congradulations On Your Win Sunday.

Of all the AFCE teams who arn't Buffalo, I can stomach the Fins easiest.

Plus I play the spread and took the points with Miami.

Farve and his interception circus caused me some grief.

Seriuosly. Fewell was out coached, or at least had no answer for Ginn. He could have moved Greer off Camirillo and slid McGee over to that side, or replace him with McKelvin.

Miami did a good job of taking what was given them on d as well as a lot of lost balls in the fourth.

Talks cheep and fans like to talk and chatter so no excuses or would uvs could uvs.

The big thing is that the division is suddenly pretty interesting.

John from Hemet
10-29-2008, 12:23 PM

Any team that makes the playoffs is a "contender"

Any given Sunday you know

kilgore Trout
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, I was wrong!!

Buffalo is still a good young team, but if they were for real (as in, one of the better teams in the AFC) they wouldn't have lost back to back division games.

Finally got to watch an entire Bills game and they have some problems. The Jets have their own problems, but a few weeks ago I thought Buffalo had a better team than NYJ and that is just not the case.

On a side note, The Dolphins are getting better and better each week and that just sucks. I like the inept dolphins, the team that was so easy to beat. Now, they just might give The Jets a problem in week 17.

Anyway, Feel The Pain was right about this Bills team. Very appropriate screen name...

djfresh47
11-03-2008, 07:38 PM
As bad as the Bills have been the last two weeks they're still 5-3 tied for the division lead. The East looks to end up being a very close race down the stretch. A huge benefit for the Dolphins is they play the Bills @ Toronto not outside @ Orchard Park.

Everybody is flawed in the AFC so while it seems when the experts handed the Bills the division it was premature them being buried is also premature.

feelthepain
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
As bad as the Bills have been the last two weeks they're still 5-3 tied for the division lead. The East looks to end up being a very close race down the stretch. A huge benefit for the Dolphins is they play the Bills @ Toronto not outside @ Orchard Park.

Everybody is flawed in the AFC so while it seems when the experts handed the Bills the division it was premature them being buried is also premature.

The Bills are third in the division, not tied for the lead.

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 01:29 AM

Yeah but it's too early for me to start looking at tie-breakers. The East will be won by beating teams inside the division. Week to week it'll probably change just inside the division. Baltimore is in a wild card spot right now but I don't think they're going to make the playoffs. I think the East will send 3 teams in.

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Yeah but it's too early for me to start looking at tie-breakers. The East will be won by beating teams inside the division. Week to week it'll probably change just inside the division. Baltimore is in a wild card spot right now but I don't think they're going to make the playoffs. I think the East will send 3 teams in.

You're not serious, are you?

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
You're not serious, are you?

They've got games left vs the Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Steelers, and vs Dallas. The Cowboys are awful right now. Romo will be back by that game. They're 5-3 right now. Miami has 3 games left against teams over .500 and their all in the division. Jets got New England, Titans, Buffalo, Miami as the toughest games remaining. New England has the Bills twice, Miami, Pittsburgh, Jets, and 'Zona. The Bills toughest games are all within the division with 2 against New England and the Jets and Phins. Miami benefits from not having to play in Buffalo in December.

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 12:08 PM
They've got games left vs the Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Steelers, and vs Dallas. The Cowboys are awful right now. Romo will be back by that game. They're 5-3 right now. Miami has 3 games left against teams over .500 and their all in the division. Jets got New England, Titans, Buffalo, Miami as the toughest games remaining. New England has the Bills twice, Miami, Pittsburgh, Jets, and 'Zona. The Bills toughest games are all within the division with 2 against New England and the Jets and Phins. Miami benefits from not having to play in Buffalo in December.

Miami's weak schedule is a bigger road to travel then the the Ravens tough schedule. Why? Cause Miami still has a lot of issues they have not fixed. Like the ST, Running game, third and long. The Ravens have the best defense in the league and all they've ever needed was an offense, well they have that now. IMO the Ravens will winn more games through the next 8 weeks than he Dolphins. We just aren't ready to win games we should right now. I know we look good from time to time, but we also look bad from time to time. I'll be happy with 6 to 8 wins and knowing we are headed in the right direction. The Ravens will make the playoffs cause they have that kind of talent.

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 12:21 PM

Worthless at this point. They are all 5-3 and tied for first. If teh Bills beat the Pats*, they are at worst tied for first. They all get to play 2 home games against division rivals, and while the Jets were the better team on Sunday, I could see the Bills winning at Giants stadium in New Jersey. Plenty of season left. Bills fans shouldn't have overreacted to our start (which we did). They also shouldn't overreacted to the last few games either.

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Worthless at this point. They are all 5-3 and tied for first. If teh Bills beat the Pats*, they are at worst tied for first. They all get to play 2 home games against division rivals, and while the Jets were the better team on Sunday, I could see the Bills winning at Giants stadium in New Jersey. Plenty of season left. Bills fans shouldn't have overreacted to our start (which we did). They also shouldn't overreacted to the last few games either.

Gee, I seem to remember many posts on here where I was saying the Bills fans were overreacting to what the Bills were doing. Funny how some of us actually watch the games and others only watch the final score. I also seem to remember telling Bill fans before the season satrted that I don't think the Bills are better then the Dolphins, I think I'm right with pretty much everything I've said. Long season ahead, but one things for sure, the Bills are in no way shape or form the best team in the division.

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Miami's weak schedule is a bigger road to travel then the the Ravens tough schedule. Why? Cause Miami still has a lot of issues they have not fixed. Like the ST, Running game, third and long. The Ravens have the best defense in the league and all they've ever needed was an offense, well they have that now. IMO the Ravens will winn more games through the next 8 weeks than he Dolphins. We just aren't ready to win games we should right now. I know we look good from time to time, but we also look bad from time to time. I'll be happy with 6 to 8 wins and knowing we are headed in the right direction. The Ravens will make the playoffs cause they have that kind of talent.

The Ravens defense has never been their problem. They'll be in games but i'm not sure they can score enough. They don't put much pressure on Flacco but we'll see how it plays out. Baltimore plays 5/6 games vs the teams I mentioned in a previous post. That's a tough stretch for any team. They maybe better than some teams but the schedule does not favor them.

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Gee, I seem to remember many posts on here where I was saying the Bills fans were overreacting to what the Bills were doing. Funny how some of us actually watch the games and others only watch the final score. I also seem to remember telling Bill fans before the season satrted that I don't think the Bills are better then the Dolphins, I think I'm right with pretty much everything I've said. Long season ahead, but one things for sure, the Bills are in no way shape or form the best team in the division.

Actually, the Bills are 5-3 and the Fins are 4-4. So the Bills are the better team. And before you say the Fins beat the Bills (the Bills beat themselves), are teh Browns better than the Giants?

The Fins are much improved, I will give you that. But I still believe the Bills are a playoff team and will prove this by teh end of the season. 2 games doesn't make a season.

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Actually, the Bills are 5-3 and the Fins are 4-4. So the Bills are the better team. And before you say the Fins beat the Bills (the Bills beat themselves), are teh Browns better than the Giants?

The Fins are much improved, I will give you that. But I still believe the Bills are a playoff team and will prove this by teh end of the season. 2 games doesn't make a season.

Here we go again with the record thing, NOOOOO the Bills aren't better than the Dolphins....at all. Miami has three wins this year aginst teams that were/are above 500. the Bills have no wins against teams that are above 500. The Dolphins have 2 division wins the Bills have 0 division wins. the Dolphins have the better QB, RB's, coaching staff, and we have a +9 TO margin while the Bills have a -5 TO margin. Joey Porter has 11.5 sacks, what you got??? Nuthin!!!! Sorry, but the Bills are not better than the Dolphins.

SpurzN703
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM

The Fins are better then the Bills more then the Browns are better then the Giants because only a game separates them.

Cleveland and the Giants are 4 games apart.

Now I'm not saying the Dolphins are better then Buffalo. They were when they played but season wise, obviously the Bills have been 1 game better. But that's it.

SpurzN703
11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Here we go again with the record thing, NOOOOO the Bills aren't better than the Dolphins....at all. Miami has three wins this year aginst teams that were/are above 500. the Bills have no wins against teams that are above 500. The Dolphins have 2 division wins the Bills have 0 division wins. the Dolphins have the better QB, RB's, coaching staff, and we have a +9 TO margin while the Bills have a -5 TO margin. Joey Porter has 11.5 sacks, what you got??? Nuthin!!!! Sorry, but the Bills are not better than the Dolphins.

Folks need to look at head to head matchups and overall season record.

The Giants are clearly better then the Browns, as exampled in this thread.

The Bills, one up on the Dolphins in the wins column, could be considered a wash when talking about who's better.

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM

You're right. Who cares about records? Oh wait, this isn't college football. Newsflash, if one team finishes 10-6 and makes the playoffs and another finishes 9-7 and misses, I guess records matter. But I'm sure you'll spend the whole offseason saying how a non-playoff team was better than a playoff one.

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
The Fins are better then the Bills more then the Browns are better then the Giants because only a game separates them.

Cleveland and the Giants are 4 games apart.

Now I'm not saying the Dolphins are better then Buffalo. They were when they played but season wise, obviously the Bills have been 1 game better. But that's it.

Fair and level-headed response. You must be rooting for Obama. :wink:

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
You're right. Who cares about records? Oh wait, this isn't college football. Newsflash, if one team finishes 10-6 and makes the playoffs and another finishes 9-7 and misses, I guess records matter. But I'm sure you'll spend the whole offseason saying how a non-playoff team was better than a playoff one.

I seem to remember a few years back that Miami finished 10-6 and the Ravens finished 9-7. Miami missed the playoffs and the ravens got in, how did having more wins help the Dolphins in that situation?? You know what the wins mean to people like you? It's the only stat you can look at that gives your team the advantage, so you cling to it and try to convince yourself it't the only stat taht matters but in the division race we have the upperhand and that by far is the more important stat.

burger13
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I seem to remember a few years back that Miami finished 10-6 and the Ravens finished 9-7. Miami missed the playoffs and the ravens got in, how did having more wins help the Dolphins in that situation?? You know what the wins mean to people like you? It's the only stat you can look at that gives your team the advantage, so you cling to it and try to convince yourself it't the only stat taht matters but in the division race we have the upperhand and that by far is the more important stat.

you remember wrong...in 03 when the Phins missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record, the Ravens were 10-6 and won their division.

But your point is not lost on me.....the Bills have beaten weak teams, and overall played a weak schedule. The only semi-impressive win they have is agaisnt SD, who Miami beat as well. So it is perfectly reasonable to think that 4-4 Miami is better than 5-3 Buffalo, considering the heard-to-head matchup and their respective strength of schedule.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Having watched every game that Buffalo and Miami have played this season I can say with a lot of confidence that I believe Miami is the better team at this point and are still improving.I think Buffalo has already peaked and the Jets and Miami are still on the rise.When Buffalo plays the rest of the division I just don't see them winning a game.That will put a nail in their coffin this year for sure.You have to be able to beat the teams in your division if you hope to be in the playoffs,period.............

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 06:27 PM
you remember wrong...in 03 when the Phins missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record, the Ravens were 10-6 and won their division.

But your point is not lost on me.....the Bills have beaten weak teams, and overall played a weak schedule. The only semi-impressive win they have is agaisnt SD, who Miami beat as well. So it is perfectly reasonable to think that 4-4 Miami is better than 5-3 Buffalo, considering the heard-to-head matchup and their respective strength of schedule.

Hmmm, I though we won more games that year, I knew they won their division, but I thought they were 9-7. Did we beat them that year? Maybe that's why that year stuck in my head.

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Having watched every game that Buffalo and Miami have played this season I can say with a lot of confidence that I believe Miami is the better team at this point and are still improving.I think Buffalo has already peaked and the Jets and Miami are still on the rise.When Buffalo plays the rest of the division I just don't see them winning a game.That will put a nail in their coffin this year for sure.You have to be able to beat the teams in your division if you hope to be in the playoffs,period.............

Yeah, but, but, but they have more wins....and Trent Edwards!!:lol:

Look, No disrespect to Trent he's a good young QB, but he isn't what Bill fans think he is, yet. I'm not Ms.Cleo so I'll not try to predict what will be. Maybe the Bills settle down and figure out a way to win games against everyone, not just teams with losing records, who knows. I mean, Miami started out bad then had a 2 game win streak, then lose 2, then win 2 again, but I agree we're getting better.

But we still have an awful ST unit, we can't run the ball and we can't pick up 3rd and longs to save our lives. So IMO Miami just isn't there yet. I do think the Jets could very well be in great postion come the end of the season, IF Brett's shoulder isn't seriously injured and he needs to stop it with the INT's. You aren't going to win in the playoffs if you continue to turn the ball over.

I think Miami has a shot at 3rd in the division and I think the Jets or Pats will win the division. The Bills? Sorry, but they look like the exact same team we've seen the last three years.

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
As people bury the Bills. They still got a cake schedule. If they lose this week then I think they'll be 8-4 going into the final four games of the season. Miami should be at worst 7-5. New England probably will be 8-4. I think the Jets will be 7-5.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but, but, but they have more wins....and Trent Edwards!!:lol:

Look, No disrespect to Trent he's a good young QB, but he isn't what Bill fans think he is, yet. I'm not Ms.Cleo so I'll not try to predict what will be. Maybe the Bills settle down and figure out a way to win games against everyone, not just teams with losing records, who knows. I mean, Miami started out bad then had a 2 game win streak, then lose 2, then win 2 again, but I agree we're getting better.

But we still have an awful ST unit, we can't run the ball and we can't pick up 3rd and longs to save our lives. So IMO Miami just isn't there yet. I do think the Jets could very well be in great postion come the end of the season, IF Brett's shoulder isn't seriously injured and he needs to stop it with the INT's. You aren't going to win in the playoffs if you continue to turn the ball over.

I think Miami has a shot at 3rd in the division and I think the Jets or Pats will win the division. The Bills? Sorry, but they look like the exact same team we've seen the last three years.
This is what our season hinges upon.If he can limit the turnovers,I think we can do something because the other two phases(defense and special teams)are doing pretty well.If he continues to turn it over we won't beat good teams.It really is all on Brett at this point.It's time for the offense to get it going and keep it going because he is being given support from the other two phases,he just needs to do his part.

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 07:53 PM
As people bury the Bills. They still got a cake schedule. If they lose this week then I think they'll be 8-4 going into the final four games of the season. Miami should be at worst 7-5. New England probably will be 8-4. I think the Jets will be 7-5.

The Bills have played the worst in the weakest part of their schedule. They could just as easily be 2-6 as they could be 5-3. They won several EASY games by the skin of their teeth. I think the Bills have more issues then anyone in the division.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
You're right,they do have the easiest schedule,but they have to play the rest of the division before the season ends,and I just don't see them beating anyone in the division.Every team in our division with the exception of the Bills are built upon a 3-4 defense with big lineman and big linebackers and Buffalo gets overpowered against this type of defense because they are built for speed.When you build for speed you sacrifice size,and they need size to compete against these defenses.Yes,they have a large offensive line,but they have them playing a zone blocking scheme that usually relies on smaller,quicker offensive linemen who have agility to move and block in space and the Bills linemen are too big and too slow to carry out this blocking scheme.Personally,I hope the coaches they have stick to their guns because that means another fairly easy victory later in the season.The other teams they play won't outweigh being demolished in their division in my opinion.That will be six losses right there.

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Fair points but how can you say Buffalo peaked? They are teh 2nd youngest team in the NFL and have a 25 year old QB. If anything, they are ahead of schedule. Pennington is playing well, but really what is his ceiling? Edwards has room for a lot more growth than either Farve or Pennington. He may never get there but you know Pennington and Farve have already peaked.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Fair points but how can you say Buffalo peaked? They are teh 2nd youngest team in the NFL and have a 25 year old QB. If anything, they are ahead of schedule. Pennington is playing well, but really what is his ceiling? Edwards has room for a lot more growth than either Farve or Pennington. He may never get there but you know Pennington and Farve have already peaked.
I'm not talking about individual players,and I believe Edwards is going to be a very solid QB in this league.I just don't believe the players are as good as many thought early on in the season.I like the linebackers you have in your speed based defense,but you need some bigger linemen if you"re ever going to compete on equal footing with the other teams in the division.It doesn't matter how good the skill players are(and they are pretty good)if the QB is getting pounded on every throw.That will ruin a QB quicker than anything else in football.The teams Buffalo has to beat in the division are all huge on defense.They are built to stuff the run and rush the passer when you become one-dimensional.So far,it doesn't look like Buffalo has any answer for that style defense.They have gotten mauled against the Fins and Jets.

Finch83
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
The Bills will still have Dick Jauron haha. That will only hurt them.

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm not talking about individual players,and I believe Edwards is going to be a very solid QB in this league.I just don't believe the players are as good as many thought early on in the season.I like the linebackers you have in your speed based defense,but you need some bigger linemen if you"re ever going to compete on equal footing with the other teams in the division.It doesn't matter how good the skill players are(and they are pretty good)if the QB is getting pounded on every throw.That will ruin a QB quicker than anything else in football.The teams Buffalo has to beat in the division are all huge on defense.They are built to stuff the run and rush the passer when you become one-dimensional.So far,it doesn't look like Buffalo has any answer for that style defense.They have gotten mauled against the Fins and Jets.

Really mauled??? They were up 9 points in the 2nd half against the Fins and basically had the same exact yards as the Jets. I tip my hat to those teams being better than the Bills on the past 2 Sundays, but the Fins and Jets aren't exactly world beaters. Add to the fact, the Bills were without 3 starters, I still think the Bills are the better team. I guess we'll see at the end of the season.

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 10:37 PM

I think Miami is getting better. I just don't see it with the Jets. Brett Favre looks more like the version circa '06. He's not pathetic like he was in '05 but he's not great like he was last season.

The division IMO will be really close. The teams are too close for me to expect one to go 0-6.

feelthepain
11-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Really mauled??? They were up 9 points in the 2nd half against the Fins and basically had the same exact yards as the Jets. I tip my hat to those teams being better than the Bills on the past 2 Sundays, but the Fins and Jets aren't exactly world beaters. Add to the fact, the Bills were without 3 starters, I still think the Bills are the better team. I guess we'll see at the end of the season.

Besides winning 5 games in 8 games what exactly impresses you about the Bills? Their QB is going south, they have no running game, their Oline is getting Trent killed and couldn't open a hole for a mouse much less a RB, your Dline is sad, you have no one on that line that can get to the QB with any regularity, your secondary is beat up and not very talented to begin with. Heck even the ST for the Bills aren't so special. Your coaching stff is not good. What exactly is better about Buffalo??

John from Hemet
11-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Interesting how FTP is out in force now...LOL

Before the bills lost a couple of games it is "its my opinion and I am entitled to it" now its "I told you so"

Teams that are not the patriots the last couple of years hit rough patches in the middle of the season especially when they take injuries. The bills aren't stressing they will still make the playoffs.

Flip Tanneflop
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Gotta hand it to FTP on this one. Just made a post in the depths about this topic.

Gotta say, this thread title makes me :lol: now when I read it. I cant believe I said the bills would shock me the most of all the teams in the division if they finished last. OOOOOOOOPS!!! I was WAY off there. :lol: Looking at it now, it would completely shock me if the bills DIDNT FINISH LAST. :lol: The bills are a joke.

houtz
11-06-2008, 07:54 AM

Before the bills lost a couple of games it is "its my opinion and I am entitled to it" now its "I told you so"

Teams that are not the patriots the last couple of years hit rough patches in the middle of the season especially when they take injuries. The bills aren't stressing they will still make the playoffs.

The Bills rough patch was playing decent teams. Anyone could've beaten those 5 teams they started off against. They play three division opponents in a row and by sun down on Sunday they will be in the cellar.

Buffalo and New York have both looked like garbage. New York more so then Buffalo. LMAO at Brett Favre. This guy needs to retire sooner rather then later.

feelthepain
11-06-2008, 08:42 AM

Not as interesting as you not having anything else to say. You can't tell anyone how good the Bills are when they lose games constanly to teams with winning records and struggle to beat teams with losing reocrds. All along I've maintained my feelings about the Bills and it has nothing to to with how much I dislike them, you think I like the Jets and Pats, and simply hate the Bills?

I hate all three teams, but at least I know when the Jets and Pats take the field they can win at any time, I know if the Bills take the field agaisnt a team with a winning record, there's a very good chance they'll lose. It's going on three years now and the Bills are not bucking that trend. You may not want to admit it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a serious problem for the Bills.

You say I'm out in force and what I'm saying is no longer my opinion, wrong!!!! It's still an opinion, it's just an opinion that's being proving to be true. You think I just write things for the heck of it? A lot of research goes into my opinion, it's not just some childish blind hate. I'll respect the Bills when they start winning like a team that has their act together, Running the ball efficiently, good solid stout defense, and smart coaching.

Start winning games agaisnt teams that don't have major issues across the board and make a statement. The Bills so far this year have done none of this and they haven't been a playoff team in years, what exactly is there to respect??

Deep2Evans
11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Start winning games agaisnt teams that don't have major issues across the board and make a statement.

Yet you've been asked on numerous occasions who those teams are the Bills schedule, and you don't answer it.

So I'll ask again, who on the Bills remaining schedule doesn't have major issues across the board? Just so I know if we beat them, it would prove you wrong.

I doubt you'll list the teams though.

chibully
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Let's agree both teams are awesome.

I'm a dolphins fan, but I can appreciate the Bills and their fans, since most of my family and friends are bills fans. Including my dad, whose quite serious when it comes to the bills losing. He says they're done, but I don't think they're done at all.

They only lost 2 straight games, albeit to division opponents, but they were on a roll. I think they can bounce back, but this is a big game in new england.

Deep2Evans
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I can't see us winning at New England Sunday, especially with all the key players that are ruled out, such as Schobel, Whitner, Youboty, Reed and Butler. All starters, except Youboty who is the #3 corner, which we could really use with the WR depth of the Pats.

chibully
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Well, I'm not a defender of the bills or a fan, but, I don't think they are done. All they did was lose three games in a row, ok it was to division opponents. But there must have been teams throughout NFL history to lose their first three division games and go on to make the playoffs.

They do kinda have to win monday night, though. I think they'll come out on fire, like they did on the monday night game last year. Although, I think the Browns will come with a lot of confidence as well, as they get to showoff their new QB on national TV.

But I do think this is a chance for the Bills to take advantege of a browns defense that isn't really good against the pass. The pats, jets and Dolphins are all good defenses, but the browns aren't all that great against the pass, which is where I think buffalo has a good passing attack. I think trent edwards and lee evans will get back on track.

Finfang
11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, I'm not a defender of the bills or a fan, but, I don't think they are done. All they did was lose three games in a row, ok it was to division opponents. But there must have been teams throughout NFL history to lose their first three division games and go on to make the playoffs.

They do kinda have to win monday night, though. I think they'll come out on fire, like they did on the monday night game last year. Although, I think the Browns will come with a lot of confidence as well, as they get to showoff their new QB on national TV.

But I do think this is a chance for the Bills to take advantege of a browns defense that isn't really good against the pass. The pats, jets and Dolphins are all good defenses, but the browns aren't all that great against the pass, which is where I think buffalo has a good passing attack. I think trent edwards and lee evans will get back on track.

A Dolphin fan defending the Bills?

What the hell planet are you from?

The Bills are toast!

chibully
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
well I don't have the hate for the bills as most dolphins fans do. As I said before, most have my family and friends are bills fans, so I can appreciate the team. Plus, I like to analyze football, I just think it's neat.

but I do think the Bills will bounce back against the browns.

Deep2Evans
11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm hoping for a Pats win tonight, so hopefully the Jets lose tonight, and then against Tennessee next weekend, since our next two are very winnable for the Bills. Nothings over yet.

djfresh47
11-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm hoping for a Pats win tonight, so hopefully the Jets lose tonight, and then against Tennessee next weekend, since our next two are very winnable for the Bills. Nothings over yet.

The Bills have to win the next three for sure. Everybody in the East still plays each other. I've said it in numerous other posts but not having the game vs the Dolphins at home really hurts them. The team is getting money from the deal but for the city of Toronto it's a failure. I don't think it's sold out and has 30,000 less seats. A neutral site game in a close race against a division rival is not good for any team. Let alone one that started 0-3 in the division. I don't get the logic of that game in Toronto and not the 9ers game. If nobody wants to go either way atleast send the 9ers.

dolfan06
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Your blind hate is truly sad.

The Bills are 5-1.and now they have lost 3 in a row and the fins have won three in row. you're right, it is amazing!

jetsman
11-14-2008, 03:51 AM
I don't care if the Jets give up 1,000 yards every game,as long as we win and we won decisively against Buffalo.I don't know what game you watched but you got manhandled in the trenches.How many rushing yards did you have again???It was 30 yards,right?We are on a different level than the Bills and every team in this division is better than the Bills.This is not bias talking because I like the Bills better than the I like the Pats* or Fins.It's just my opinion based on what I've seen from all the teams in the East.You guys ARE the weakest......

laxs1308
11-15-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't care if the Jets give up 1,000 yards every game,as long as we win and we won decisively against Buffalo.I don't know what game you watched but you got manhandled in the trenches.How many rushing yards did you have again???It was 30 yards,right?We are on a different level than the Bills and every team in this division is better than the Bills.This is not bias talking because I like the Bills better than the I like the Pats* or Fins.It's just my opinion based on what I've seen from all the teams in the East.You guys ARE the weakest......

The Jets suck. Everyone from New York CITY has an annoying voice and a cocky attitude...it's that simple. It sucks to be THE OTHER TEAM from NYC, sorry guys.

MIAMI WILL WIN THE DIVISION.:lol:

shula_guy
11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
It appears as though the wheels fell off the cart on the Bills but the afc east is a very tight race and they are not eliminated from it yet. Dont take it for granted that they are down and out. They could play the part of being the spoiler by winning one of their division games :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

jetsman
11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
The Jets suck. Everyone from New York CITY has an annoying voice and a cocky attitude...it's that simple. It sucks to be THE OTHER TEAM from NYC, sorry guys.

MIAMI WILL WIN THE DIVISION.:lol:
You keep dreaming.I thought personal attacks were against the rules on this board,or is that just for everyone not wearing faggy orange and teal???

jetsman
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
It appears as though the wheels fell off the cart on the Bills but the afc east is a very tight race and they are not eliminated from it yet. Dont take it for granted that they are down and out. They could play the part of being the spoiler by winning one of their division games :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:
I just can't see it happening though..........:lol:

Al13
11-16-2008, 06:23 AM
what a difference 4 weeks make huh

please mods can someone change the thread title its very misleading..... :lol:

MattM
11-16-2008, 01:07 PM
I just can't see it happening though..........:lol:

While I admit that you guys have looked very good the last couple of weeks and are playing very well right now (I loved watching you beat the Pats*, BTW), you act like you blew the Bills out when in reality that game was close enough to have gone either way despite (a) the ton of injuries Buffalo had (Schobel, Butler, Reed, McGee, Youboty off the top of my head (not to mention Crowell, our best LB, on IR before week 1), versus Harris for you all) and (b) us rushing for 30 yards. One very simple example--take away Trent's pick that Elam took for 7 and give the Bills a FG and that's a 10 point swing in a 9 point game. There's less separating the AFCE teams than you think these days. Remember, momentum is a funny thing and can go two ways--we're a great example of that, but no one is immune to it.....

DaBills4life
11-16-2008, 06:47 PM
what a difference 4 weeks make huh

please mods can someone change the thread title its very misleading..... :lol:

Well the Bils are a real team, so they really are for real. Its not misleading.

If it said the Bills are a good team, then maybe you have a point.

But listen, no one get crowned at week 4, and no one gets crowned at week 10.

Still 6 games left and we get the easy teams once again the next 3 weeks.

jetsman
11-17-2008, 03:59 AM
While I admit that you guys have looked very good the last couple of weeks and are playing very well right now (I loved watching you beat the Pats*, BTW), you act like you blew the Bills out when in reality that game was close enough to have gone either way despite (a) the ton of injuries Buffalo had (Schobel, Butler, Reed, McGee, Youboty off the top of my head (not to mention Crowell, our best LB, on IR before week 1), versus Harris for you all) and (b) us rushing for 30 yards. One very simple example--take away Trent's pick that Elam took for 7 and give the Bills a FG and that's a 10 point swing in a 9 point game. There's less separating the AFCE teams than you think these days. Remember, momentum is a funny thing and can go two ways--we're a great example of that, but no one is immune to it.....
The thing is,the Jets aren't riding "momentum",they are finally gelling.All those new acquisitions are finally settling in and just reacting now instead of thinking so much about what they are supposed to be doing.The next game these two teams play is going to be ugly for Buffalo.

We had more injuries than just Harris.We have a Bellichick disciple releasing the injury report and if you're not crippled in the hospitable you may not even make the injury report.Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas are both nursing leg injuries which is slowing our pass rush considerably,but because they are participating fully in practice they don't get listed on the report.

You can't take away negative plays in a game just because they went against you to support your theory that this game was close.Buffalo was mauled on both lines all day and it wasn't even close.Jenkins ate your linemen's lunch every play.Get used to it because there is more of the same coming very soon.

Don't forget,that game was in Buffalo,the next one is on our home turf.:D:up:

djfresh47
11-17-2008, 08:22 AM
The thing is,the Jets aren't riding "momentum",they are finally gelling.All those new acquisitions are finally settling in and just reacting now instead of thinking so much about what they are supposed to be doing.The next game these two teams play is going to be ugly for Buffalo.

We had more injuries than just Harris.We have a Bellichick disciple releasing the injury report and if you're not crippled in the hospitable you may not even make the injury report.Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas are both nursing leg injuries which is slowing our pass rush considerably,but because they are participating fully in practice they don't get listed on the report.

You can't take away negative plays in a game just because they went against you to support your theory that this game was close.Buffalo was mauled on both lines all day and it wasn't even close.Jenkins ate your linemen's lunch every play.Get used to it because there is more of the same coming very soon.

Don't forget,that game was in Buffalo,the next one is on our home turf.:D:up:

I'm not sure if that's true. I'm not going to look it up but I thought Belicheck last year had Brady on the injury report virtually every week. The paranoia surronding an injury report is laughable, IMO. I don't think it really matters.

chibully
11-17-2008, 10:33 AM
This looks like it could be a win for the bills. I think this bills team also believes they can rebound after three tough losses.

But there's hope for bills fans, the next two games after this are at kc and san fran. They should win both those.

Hurricane_Shula
11-18-2008, 01:29 AM
How about now?

kilgore Trout
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
How about now?
You should have read the entire thread, I recanted already...;) :D :unsure:

SpaceMountain16
11-18-2008, 01:41 AM
the Bills even had me fooled, had i only realized we were talking about THE BILLS.

X-Pacolypse
11-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Oh yeah.... the Bills are for real. REAL BAD!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

feelthepain
11-18-2008, 02:09 AM
It's a damn shame how few fans actually watch football. My predictions of the Bills was nothing more than a realistic look at what the Bills did over the last two years, who they signed in the off season and where they drafted. The Bills answered so few questions with their FA signings and draft. They made some really bad decisions both in the draft and FA they run the tampa 2 or cover 2 whatever you want to call it they have under sized players all over the filed, did anyone see how big Quinn was standing next to Posluzny? He looked like a little kid next to Brady. The only place they have any size is the Oline and those guy's are just awful, so who cares how big they are.

I will say this about the Bills, they do have one of the best if not the best backfileds in the division, they have a good young QB even if it doesn't look that way right now and they have a great ST unit and coach. If the Bills ever get serious with their personnel moves, they could be scary good. Dick Juron is awful he needs to go, If they can lure Bill Cowher to Buffalo, that team could turn things around in one off season...guaranteed!!

Many here thought I was just talking trash about the Bills simply because I don't like them and let their be no mistake, I hate the Bills more than any team in the division....BY FAR!!!!!!! Simply because their fans are just too uneducated about the game of football to be take seriously, all the more reason to laugh at them now. But my opinion of the Bills the last three years was nothing more than an honest look at who they have and how they use what they have, it's no rocket science. It's simply football 101, hell a woman who watches football because their uniforms are pretty would have been able to tell the Bills were pretenders that's how sad they are.

Deep2Evans
11-18-2008, 02:25 AM
I give it up to you FTP. You were right. I totally agree that DJ, is a complete and utter loser. I hope hes fired in the morning honestly.

We're a joke, and I'm seriously heartbroken. This really sucks. I know other AFCE fans love it, and will make fun of the Bills, but go ahead. You can't hurt me any worse. I left the game in shock. Our seasons over already, unreal.

feelthepain
11-18-2008, 02:56 AM
I give it up to you FTP. You were right. I totally agree that DJ, is a complete and utter loser. I hope hes fired in the morning honestly.

We're a joke, and I'm seriously heartbroken. This really sucks. I know other AFCE fans love it, and will make fun of the Bills, but go ahead. You can't hurt me any worse. I left the game in shock. Our seasons over already, unreal.

Glad to see you take it like a man. Nothing really to say, accept it is what it is. I was totally flabbergasted at what it is Bill fans saw in their team. I remember all off season reading Bill fans talk to me as if the Dolphins were garbage and the Bills were vastly superior and years ahead in talent to the Dolphins. I mean, I gave them more then enough rope and they kept taking it. This coming off back to back awful 7-9 seasons...it was shocking to read. You never know, what will happen, the Bills always play better when teams don't take them seriously, so maybe the Bills make some noise before the season ends. I wouldn't be the least bit shcoked if we lose to the Bills later this year, it's a division game and they are tough to predict.

quinninin1
11-18-2008, 05:50 AM
It's a damn shame how few fans actually watch football. My predictions of the Bills was nothing more then a realistic look at what the Bills did over the last two years, who they signed in the off season and where they drafted. The Bills answered so few questions with their FA signings and draft. They made some really bad decisions both in the draft and FA they run the tampa 2 or cover 2 whatever you want to call it they have under sized players all over the filed, did anyone see how big Quinn was standing next to Posluzny? He looked like a little kid next to Brady. The only place they have any size is the Oline and those guy's are just awful, so who cares how big they are.

I will say this about the Bills, they do have one of the best if not the best backfileds in the division, they have a good young QB even if it doesn't look that way right now and they have a great ST unit and coach. If the Bills ever get serious with their personnel moves, they could be scary good. Dick Juron is awful he needs to go, If they can lure Bill Cowher to Buffalo, that team could turn things around in one off season...guaranteed!!

Many here thought I was just talking trash about the Bills simply because I don't like them and let their be no mistake, I hate the Bills more than any team in the division....BY FAR!!!!!!! Simply because their fans are just too uneducated about the game of football to be take seriously, all the more reason to laugh at them now. But my opinion of the Bills the last three years was nothing more than an honest look at who they have and how they use what they have, it's no rocket science. It's simply football 101, hell a woman who watches football because their uniforms are pretty would have been able to tell the Bills were pretenders that's how sad they are.

Right on...

I was agreeing with you, when the bills were 5-1. I did an analysis of there opponents win/loss record when they were 5- 3 and it was staggering, all there wins came against bad teams. They just got gifted an easy schedule early on. When the tough part came they folded like a house of cards. No smack meant in this, just speaking facts.

djfresh47
11-18-2008, 08:25 AM
That was the most gutless coaching display i've seen in awhile. Edwards looked terrible all game. Though you're basically going to giveup and think a 47 yd fg is a gimme? The Bills chances of doing anything are over. In a different forum people criticized Herm for going for 2 pts. Atleast he's got some balls.

LtDan
11-18-2008, 08:44 AM

typical FTP

SpurzN703
11-18-2008, 10:43 AM

It isn't over yet dude

feelthepain
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
typical FTP

Oh whatever, go back to Billszone and love your Bills.

emeraldfin
11-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm not going to pound the Bills until the Fins play them in a few weeks.

I would look rather stupid if they were to end the Fins hope of reaching the playoffs (if we are still in contention) after saying they are a bad team.

Now would have been the right time to play the Bills, as they are playing awful at the moment, however alot can change in a few weeks with injuries and that so I'm going to keep my mouth shut for the time being.

CedarPhin
11-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Buffalo is for Real

No theyre not...lol

djfresh47
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Just speculating but Edwards has not looked very good since being hurt. He doesn't have a gun but he had guys open and seemed to throw it to the Browns or 2 yd dumpoffs. Dick Jauron is not a winning coach. Few are in the league because nobody really has balls because everybody scrutinizes every move.

I don't think Cam last year would've ran the ball three times into the line last year when trying to drive for a winning score. That was a Wannstedtian moment.

Phanatical
11-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Right on...

I was agreeing with you, when the bills were 5-1. I did an analysis of there opponents win/loss record when they were 5- 3 and it was staggering, all there wins came against bad teams. They just got gifted an easy schedule early on. When the tough part came they folded like a house of cards. No smack meant in this, just speaking facts.

:up: