PDA

View Full Version : Laurence Maroney placed on IR

Nublar7
10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80bcee43&template=with-video&confirm=true

The New England Patriots have put running back Laurence Maroney on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, ending his season.

Tough year for the Pats just got even tougher. Granted Maroney didn't do much this year or really his whole career, but it is tough when your main running back goes down for the year.

MR NFLFAN
10-20-2008, 07:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80bcee43&template=with-video&confirm=true

Tough year for the Pats just got even tougher. Granted Maroney didn't do much this year or really his whole career, but it is tough when your main running back goes down for the year.

Both Jordon and Morris are better backs than Maroney who's pretty much a bust. Atleast the "O" line will feel better knowing Laurence won't be running into the cracks of their A's anymore this year.

MattM
10-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Both Jordon and Morris are better backs than Maroney who's pretty much a bust. Atleast the "O" line will feel better knowing Laurence won't be running into the cracks of their A's anymore this year.

How's Morris's injury? Too bad, I always liked Sammy as a Bill. As for Harrison (sayonara to his career, I suspect), that's another story entirely.....

MR NFLFAN
10-21-2008, 12:00 AM
How's Morris's injury? Too bad, I always liked Sammy as a Bill. As for Harrison (sayonara to his career, I suspect), that's another story entirely.....

All that was reported is Morris injuried his knee and wouldn't return tonight.
I think Harrison will retire at the end of the season and even if he doesn't his contract is up and I don't think the pats will resign him anyway.

Audible
10-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Tough break

SpaceMountain16
10-21-2008, 01:01 AM
How did he get hurt getting 1 carry a game?

BuffaloSoldier2
10-21-2008, 01:22 AM

I remember watching Maroney his first year and jsut being terrified that the Pats now had a beast at running back to go with everything else. how quickly things change.

satz
10-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Maroney has so much talent put his skill and speed in faluk or morris and man what a beast he will be .

as far as rodney goes i am saddened but i hear the phone going ring ring at john lynch`s

MR NFLFAN
10-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Maroney has so much talent put his skill and speed in faluk or morris and man what a beast he will be .

as far as rodney goes i am saddened but i hear the phone going ring ring at john lynch`sp

I sure hope your right.

djfresh47
10-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I think it's tough for a RB to get a around 10 carries a game and be hugely successful. His numbers weren't bad the previous two seasons for the amount of times he touched the football. If Belicheck wasn't throwing hail mary's up by 40 last year he would've had many more yds.