PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG's

VanDolPhan
09-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Anyone play those at all and which ones have you played? As you've probably noticed from my sig I work for a small group of about 15 guys who are doing alright with our own.

Plus check out World of Warcraft.....man that has some sweet looking graphics :)

Chubby
09-18-2003, 10:07 AM
I Love MMORPG but My only means to PC is at work right now. My CPU is with My Bro while He finishes School. So I am sitting and waiting for XBOX to come out with one.

XoPhinsoX
09-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Played Ultima Online (it was so sweet when it was oldschool), short spurt of DAOC, and haven't found anything to hold my attention since. WoW does LOOK badass, but we'll have to wait and see. While I'm waiting for WoW..I may check out RoT (Realms of Torment). Till then I guess I have JK3 to hold me over I guess :D

Chubby
10-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Just bought my CPU and I am playing Everquest (excuse me EVERCRACK) this game is awesome as advertised. I think the best part of this game is the fact that It is so well balanced where there is not just one player that can play alone you need other people and noone race is dominant over another.

Also play Morrwind on the XboX great game logged in about 70 hours. and now that The expansion comes out today Should log in another 70hours

Chubby
11-14-2003, 11:26 AM
cant beleive no else on this plays Everquest

Baz
11-14-2003, 02:55 PM
I have played it before, but I don't have the time to play it regularly......

finattic79
11-14-2003, 04:34 PM
I play EQ, have a lvl 65 Halfing Ranger named Swiftkiller on tunare server, been playing MMORGPG's for a while, did a yr long stint in DAOC with a 50 bard and 50 Ranger and occansionly go back and talk to buds. Shoot me a PM on here or in game if you play.

Kamikaze
11-16-2003, 06:41 PM
I just picked up Final Fantasy XI, and I must say its dispelling all the bad and nasty reasons why I wouldn't touch an MMORPG with a ten foot pole before.

I'm actually looking forward to Horizons from Artifact Entertainment, whenever it comes out. I was lucky enough to be given a demonstration of the game by one of the developers at E3, and I was quite impressed.

XoPhinsoX
11-18-2003, 12:03 PM
EverQuest is LAME.

Unless you are on the PvP server I guess. I just don't enjoy spending 1800 hours to get a level 60 character :rolleyes:

I think Horizons will be the same. No PvP in the initial release, coming out with an expansion or some crap for it.

Only hope is WoW, RoT, or maybe Darkfall.

Dolfan54
11-19-2003, 02:47 AM
Anybody heard anything on Matrix Online besides the content on the home page. I saw a few screen shots, looks tight.

VanDolPhan
11-26-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Kamikaze
I just picked up Final Fantasy XI, and I must say its dispelling all the bad and nasty reasons why I wouldn't touch an MMORPG with a ten foot pole before.

I'm actually looking forward to Horizons from Artifact Entertainment, whenever it comes out. I was lucky enough to be given a demonstration of the game by one of the developers at E3, and I was quite impressed.

Yah I'm currently beta testing Horizons thru the europe test. Interesting, but again with the fantasy gaming. There's only so much they can do with the same theme. They need to mix it up with some different styles.

XoPhinsoX
12-07-2003, 03:51 PM
www.cityofheroes.com looks interesting..but I don't know what the PvP is going to be like. Atleast it's a diff kind of MMORPG.

Haven't heard much on Matrix.

I currently went back to UO on a player run shard and we actually have a guy in my guild called Wharf Rat :lol: