PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper maybe going to KC

hellsapoppin
10-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I heard this morning that KC has gotten in touch with Culpepper and may bring him in for a try-out. We play KC at the end of the season so it looks like the Dolphins may get one more shot at playing against him. I kinda of think that there may be some revenge to that game especially the way Culpepper mocked the fans and players durning that Oakland game. This could be one of those "What goes around comes Around"...

dlockz
10-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I heard this morning that KC has gotten in touch with Culpepper and may bring him in for a try-out. We play KC at the end of the season so it looks like the Dolphins may get one more shot at playing against him. I kinda of think that there may be some revenge to that game especially the way Culpepper mocked the fans and players durning that Oakland game. This could be one of those "What goes around comes Around"...

Maybe I missed something but I dont remember Culpepper mocking any fans. He pointed at his leg and said it was fine. For any dolphin fan to hold any grudge aagainst Daunte seems silly and illinformed. The dolphin front office made a mess of a situation and we make Daunte the bad guy, I guess people dont remember that Cam was an idiot. Culpepper has already been somewhat given a perception around the league which has already hurt his value. Trent Green is no better a qb yet he got a 3 million dollar contract while Daunte was being offered the minimum.

giz
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I really like the guy and i wish he had worked out here. Cameron/ mueller made another mistake in releasing him and bringing in green. Personally im kind of glad he crushed us last year, it puts it in cams face. I hope he does sign with kc, but we need to at least win that game anyway

retired opfinistic
10-21-2008, 12:17 PM
I really like the guy and i wish he had worked out here. Cameron/ mueller made another mistake in releasing him and bringing in green. Personally im kind of glad he crushed us last year, it puts it in cams face. I hope he does sign with kc, but we need to at least win that game anyway
:foundout:

Releasing him was the best thing they did. Bringing in Green was just another stupid shot at winning now with a broken down QB.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
:foundout:

Releasing him was the best thing they did. Bringing in Green was just another stupid shot at winning now with a broken down QB.

i dont agree. How were we any better by releasing him. He was the starting Qb in 3 of Oakland's wins last year which is like 2 more than we had as a team. The way our staff handled the Culpepper situation set the tone for a bad season.

retired opfinistic
10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
i dont agree. How were we any better by releasing him. He was the starting Qb in 3 of Oakland's wins last year which is like 2 more than we had as a team. The way our staff handled the Culpepper situation set the tone for a bad season.
There was so much bad blood built up with Culpepper and the (then) new regime that keeping him and Green on the same team would have been a nightmare. He's such a crybaby, can you imagine if we kept him and he had to back up Green?

Did he have a fair shot? Maybe, maybe not, I couldn't care less anymore, we should have pulled the trigger on Brees in the first place instead of wasting money, time and a draft pick on that big idiot. I was rooting for him, as I do for any member of our team, but my opinion soured sack after sack after sack after...you get the picture.

Like me and Stan, he's retired now and should stay that way.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
There was so much bad blood built up with Culpepper and the (then) new regime that keeping him and Green on the same team would have been a nightmare. He's such a crybaby, can you imagine if we kept him and he had to back up Green?

Did he have a fair shot? Maybe, maybe not, I couldn't care less anymore, we should have pulled the trigger on Brees in the first place instead of wasting money, time and a draft pick on that big idiot. I was rooting for him, as I do for any member of our team, but my opinion soured sack after sack after sack after...you get the picture.

Like me and Stan, he's retired now and should stay that way.

I see no reason for Culpepper to retire with Brad Johnson actually starting for the Cowboys last week. The only reason Culpepper retired is because teams showed so little interest and money. Hell if Trent green can get three million a year Im sure he is worth the same at least. I would not give either player that much right now but Culpepper was far from awful last year in Oakland. Our line sucked as well so they also had a big part in all those sacks. In fact we now have a solid oline and guess what, only one guy remains from that line and he has been moved to his true position RT.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I will say one key thing. With how bad Qb has been in KC, how could trying out Culepper be a bad thing. I mean who is he keeping you from developing.

retired opfinistic
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I see no reason for Culpepper to retire with Brad Johnson actually starting for the Cowboys last week. The only reason Culpepper retired is because teams showed so little interest and money. Hell if Trent green can get three million a year Im sure he is worth the same at least. I would not give either player that much right now but Culpepper was far from awful last year in Oakland. Our line sucked as well so they also had a big part in all those sacks. In fact we now have a solid oline and guess what, only one guy remains from that line and he has been moved to his true position RT.
I think the fact that he represents himself as an agent and has a seriously inflated opinion of his monetary value might have something to do with the lack of interest. I never watched too much of him with the Vikings, and saw way too much of him in Miami, esp in Silver and Black :oldman: KC would be better off luring Elvis Grbac out of retirement and leaving this Pepper alone.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I think the fact that he represents himself as an agent and has a seriously inflated opinion of his monetary value might have something to do with the lack of interest. I never watched too much of him with the Vikings, and saw way too much of him in Miami, esp in Silver and Black :oldman: KC would be better off luring Elvis Grbac out of retirement and leaving this Pepper alone.

I think your hate for him leads more to that last statement, because he was ok in Oakland last year.

I dont think he has an inflated value I think the league has blackballed him to a degree because he did not quitely let the Phins or Vikings do whatever they wanted with him. like I said before if going value for trent green is 3 million than Daunte is worth the same at the least.

CedarPhin
10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
KC couldn't get any worse with the QB situation there...so compared to Huard and Croyle...he's somewhat of an upgrade.

I think it's between them and the 9ers to see who gets Matt Stafford with the 1st pick next season.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
KC couldn't get any worse with the QB situation there...so compared to Huard and Croyle...he's somewhat of an upgrade.

I think it's between them and the 9ers to see who gets Matt Stafford with the 1st pick next season.

Which if if he is an upgrade over the Qb that took the job from Green he is definately not worse than Green lol.

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
We can only hope.

dlockz
10-21-2008, 04:19 PM
We can only hope.

Like facing Tyler Thigpen would be a more difficult challenge. I remember many licking thier chops last year when we played Oakland and he outplayed the guy we replaced him with.

shula_guy
10-22-2008, 12:05 AM
didnt see dc sighn a contract with sears and is in eligble to play in the nfl now?

shula_guy
10-22-2008, 12:11 AM
why hasnt cris simms gotten any offers to come back? is there something about him im missing?

dlockz
10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
why hasnt cris simms gotten any offers to come back? is there something about him im missing?

thats a good question and there were rumors that Tampa bay at one point turned down a late pick for him around draft time. You could say the same about Daunte though when trent Green is still finding work.

retired opfinistic
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I think your hate for him leads more to that last statement, because he was ok in Oakland last year.

I dont think he has an inflated value I think the league has blackballed him to a degree because he did not quitely let the Phins or Vikings do whatever they wanted with him. like I said before if going value for trent green is 3 million than Daunte is worth the same at the least.
The league didn't blackball him, he alienated himself. If I was in charge of a team I would hesitate to pick him up for several reasons. His high profile whining when he doesn't get his way. His rebuilt knee, which will always be an uncertainty. The lack of Randy Moss around to make him look good would also be a concern.

dlockz
10-22-2008, 12:49 PM
The league didn't blackball him, he alienated himself. If I was in charge of a team I would hesitate to pick him up for several reasons. His high profile whining when he doesn't get his way. His rebuilt knee, which will always be an uncertainty. The lack of Randy Moss around to make him look good would also be a concern.

Well for one Culpepper did just fine the season that Moss was injured. Moss also was not the same player without Culpepper in Oakland so I guess they benefited each other. even with all the flack that Culpepper gets there were much worse qb's in the league last year. He was also the starting qb in 75 percent of Oakland's wins last year even though he played less than half of the games. Culpeppper whines no more than any other player, he just did not let the morons that were running this team screw him over last year. You can best believe that if Green had not been traded when he did you would have had similar issues.I will say again if Trent Green has a job in this league than Daunte should have a similar job because Trent is no better a Qb at this point.

retired opfinistic
10-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Well for one Culpepper did just fine the season that Moss was injured. Moss also was not the same player without Culpepper in Oakland so I guess they benefited each other. even with all the flack that Culpepper gets there were much worse qb's in the league last year. He was also the starting qb in 75 percent of Oakland's wins last year even though he played less than half of the games. Culpeppper whines no more than any other player, he just did not let the morons that were running this team screw him over last year. You can best believe that if Green had not been traded when he did you would have had similar issues.I will say again if Trent Green has a job in this league than Daunte should have a similar job because Trent is no better a Qb at this point.
IMO neither should be playing. Green's a blind hit away from becoming a vegetable.

dlockz
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
IMO neither should be playing. Green's a blind hit away from becoming a vegetable.

Thats my only point is that if Green is getting paid 3 mill than Culpepper is worth no less. Honestly with the money he has made it makes no sense for him to play for minimum with guys like Green making this much.

djfresh47
10-22-2008, 03:05 PM

I think he's the Titans #3 Qb.

dlockz
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
I think he's the Titans #3 Qb.

Good job he signed with them and then was released and resigned early october.

dlockz
10-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Damn Carter being brought up geesh.

TooDrkPark
11-01-2008, 11:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3676865

not sure if this was posted. Sorry if it was already.

CedarPhin
11-02-2008, 12:02 AM
A misfit QB for a misfit team.

A perfect match.

shula_guy
11-02-2008, 12:08 AM
i think any player who retires should be forced to sit out one full season before being elligable to being reinstated. JMO

CedarPhin
11-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Wasn't Ricky forced to sit out b/c of the retirement papers in 04?

Cocelesti
11-02-2008, 05:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3676865

not sure if this was posted. Sorry if it was already.

the question is whether he can succeed here with Calvin Johnson as the sole super target?!
Lions is not going to make it better for that reason, in my opinion. They are a sinking franchise (surprise, for a long time).

CedarPhin
11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
At least they got rid of Millen.

Blackocrates
11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Man, Culpepper has had a weird career since his injury. I can't keep up with the guy.

Noodle Arm
11-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Detroit, along with Oakland, is where careers go to die. Amazingly Culpepper has managed to be on both teams. I'm not knocking Daunte, just find it oddly amusing.

CedarPhin
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Both cities are equally as miserable as well.

X-Pacolypse
11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
The Lions suck and so does Dumbte. A match made in heaven.

dlockz
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
i wonder if Daunte does well will we still get this spew of hate towards our former player. trent green sucked for us but I dont see continuous bashing of him.

Flip Tanneflop
11-05-2008, 07:23 PM
i wonder if Daunte does well will we still get this spew of hate towards our former player. trent green sucked for us but I dont see continuous bashing of him.

Dlockz. Dude. DAUNTE CULPEPPER BLOWS!!!!!!!!!

Come on man. Get real already. And you love to bash Green. Dude, Green wasnt great but, somehow you dont realize he was decent for us. True, he wasnt near as good as I had hoped, but he gave us a shot to win games. Daunte was a complete disaster for us. I dont see how you can compare the two. Daunte also cost us a 2nd round pick and more money. Youre easily the biggest Daunte lover around.

Did you seriously watch those games he played for us? The offense went NOWHERE. We couldnt move the ball at all with him in there. Then with JOEY ****ING HARRINGTON we went 5-6. Daunte cost us a decent season with the start we had with his pathetic play.

And I know youre going to throw Trents numbers out there, but face it, he threw 5 picks against that Dallas team that was 13-3. Most of those picks were late in the game when he was trying to force big plays to give us a shot. Get real man.

We couldve easily won 3 of the games Trent started for us. Booker dropped that key pass on is in the opener that cost us the game. The run D got shredded in that game too.

Trent was decent and Daunte completely blew. If you dont understand that then you dont know **** about the league. Why do you think Trent got a decent backups contract from another team and Daunte whined and went into retirement because he couldnt get a decent offer? Get real Dlockz.

Youre so good with alot of your other posts but, you continue to be completely lost about just how pathetic Daunte was with us. He BLOWS.

Flip Tanneflop
11-05-2008, 07:25 PM
And Culpepper is going to blow with Detroit too. I cant wait to see them finish off a winless season with him at QB. It would be great. I need to look at their schedule. I know the teams in their division blow and are beatable, but I wonder who else they play.

CedarPhin
11-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Daunte was terrible during his starts. I thought it'd be good at the time, even though I was a proponent of getting Brees.

Harrington was better than Daunte...Joey F'n Harrington!

FOr the record, I still call Trent Green "oatmeal brains"

dlockz
11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Dlockz. Dude. DAUNTE CULPEPPER BLOWS!!!!!!!!!

Come on man. Get real already. And you love to bash Green. Dude, Green wasnt great but, somehow you dont realize he was decent for us. True, he wasnt near as good as I had hoped, but he gave us a shot to win games. Daunte was a complete disaster for us. I dont see how you can compare the two. Daunte also cost us a 2nd round pick and more money. Youre easily the biggest Daunte lover around.

Did you seriously watch those games he played for us? The offense went NOWHERE. We couldnt move the ball at all with him in there. Then with JOEY ****ING HARRINGTON we went 5-6. Daunte cost us a decent season with the start we had with his pathetic play.

And I know youre going to throw Trents numbers out there, but face it, he threw 5 picks against that Dallas team that was 13-3. Most of those picks were late in the game when he was trying to force big plays to give us a shot. Get real man.

We couldve easily won 3 of the games Trent started for us. Booker dropped that key pass on is in the opener that cost us the game. The run D got shredded in that game too.

Trent was decent and Daunte completely blew. If you dont understand that then you dont know **** about the league. Why do you think Trent got a decent backups contract from another team and Daunte whined and went into retirement because he couldnt get a decent offer? Get real Dlockz.

Youre so good with alot of your other posts but, you continue to be completely lost about just how pathetic Daunte was with us. He BLOWS.

trent was just as bad, but i guess you have tunnel vision. Daunte was actually better than Green was last year. The reason for contracts have nothing to do with ability. Its like saying Deangelo Hall sucks because he got cut by the raiders. Cleo Lemon makes 3 mill a year and he sucks also and has never been better than Culpepper. we all know you hate Daunte but Green in reality was no better at qb than him and actually had a worse record.

Also as you can see Daunte stuck to his guns and did wait for a team that would give him a chance to start turning down backup offers from other teams so love him or hate him he is consistent.

emeraldfin
11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
trent was just as bad, but i guess you have tunnel vision. Daunte was actually better than Green was last year. The reason for contracts have nothing to do with ability. Its like saying Deangelo Hall sucks because he got cut by the raiders. Cleo Lemon makes 3 mill a year and he sucks also and has never been better than Culpepper. we all know you hate Daunte but Green in reality was no better at qb than him and actually had a worse record.

Also as you can see Daunte stuck to his guns and did wait for a team that would give him a chance to start turning down backup offers from other teams so love him or hate him he is consistent.

Hall sucks because he was getting constantly burned week in week out for the Raiders.

GoonBoss
11-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I can't believe we're still this fired up about a washed up loser.

retired opfinistic
11-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Pepper and Green came in with two different sets of expectations. Culpepper = Super Bowl, Green = Band Aid. Green never whined to the media after he overstayed his welcome and moped around like a stupid 10 tear old. Plus Green never punked us in Silver and Black and pointed at his knee like a smug jackass. I wish Duante nothing but a visit from Tonya Harding and another shattered knee.

X-Pacolypse
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Pepper and Green came in with two different sets of expectations. Culpepper = Super Bowl, Green = Band Aid. Green never whined to the media after he overstayed his welcome and moped around like a stupid 10 tear old. Plus Green never punked us in Silver and Black and pointed at his knee like a smug jackass. I wish Duante nothing but a visit from Tonya Harding and another shattered knee.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Say what you want about Trent, but Trent Green wasn't brought here to be the savior, unlike Dumbte. Trent was brought in to man the quarterback helm until Beck was ready. Dumbte was supposed to be the long term answer. Yes, Trent Green failed. But Dumbte, failed even worse. Hell, had Travis Daniels not picked off that Kerry Collins pass in the final moments of the game against the Titans, Dumbte would have been a winless quarterback as well.

nuttie_buddie
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
saban screwed culpepper...but he will do okay in detriot considering they have calvin johnson which is just a better randy moss detriot will still lose but with more points...

Cocelesti
11-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Daunte Culpepper will get his first start as a Lion against Jacksonville Jaguar this weekend. It will be interesting to see whether he can save a team already fallen completely apart. He has received at least 80% of all snaps on offence this week.

It also means again that the former Michigan State QB Drew Stanton will be overlooked. Is he really that bad as it could suggest? Thought he was their future starter for them!

shula_guy
11-09-2008, 02:55 AM

I find it intresting how you always avoid staying on topic you always feel the need to redirect the topic to trent greens performance like that somehow justifies the fact that DC sucked when he was here on and off the field. We all get it you like the guy and think he is a great QB and got a raw deal from miami. Can you possibly explain how trent green, cleo lemon, or any other QB's performance has any relevency in regards to the fact that this thread is about Dauntee going to Detroit? Be happy that your guy is getting another chance in the nfl and leave it at that. Theres no reason to start these attacks on trent green.

dlockz
11-10-2008, 07:52 AM
I find it intresting how you always avoid staying on topic you always feel the need to redirect the topic to trent greens performance like that somehow justifies the fact that DC sucked when he was here on and off the field. We all get it you like the guy and think he is a great QB and got a raw deal from miami. Can you possibly explain how trent green, cleo lemon, or any other QB's performance has any relevency in regards to the fact that this thread is about Dauntee going to Detroit? Be happy that your guy is getting another chance in the nfl and leave it at that. Theres no reason to start these attacks on trent green.

Green's performance is key to any arguement about Culpepper because thats who we replaced him with. Culpepper did nothing wrong off the field in Miami, he got a new staff that was basically going to cast him aside without any chance on his part, what should he have done or what would any other player do. Do you think Joey Porter or trent Green would have just shut up while they replace them without even letting them practice. Im not a Culpepper fan anymore than any other player but he gets unfair criticism on this board. Hell when we aquire him he was not supposed to play until a few weeks into the season and we all know how that turned out. Screw washed up Trent Green or broken down Culpepper neither player was good for us. To compare them off the field in Miami is moot since they did not sit around having Green wait while they made a decision but believe me if KC had waited longer on Green he would have been very similar to Daunte and he was far from quiet while he was waiting either. Im sure people will definately blast Daunte for not having a good game, even though he playing for Detroit and has not even had a full week of practice because thats par for the course here. I bring up Trent Green because he was essentially the same Qb for us here but we bash Daunte for playing at the same level.

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Green's performance is key to any arguement about Culpepper because thats who we replaced him with.

Really, Greens perormance is key DC being picked up by detroit only if Green is his agent. Just Green happened to be the one they choose to replace with but he was going to be replaced by someone either way.

Culpepper did nothing wrong off the field in Miami,

That is your opinion and your right to have. I respectfully disagreee with you on that. No real point in rehashing it all though.

he got a new staff that was basically going to cast him aside without any chance on his part, what should he have done or what would any other player do. Do you think Joey Porter or trent Green would have just shut up while they replace them without even letting them practice.

Like I said no real point in rehashing this, it's already been discussed till we are blue in the face. Allthough I do find it curious that you dont feel an overwhelming need to bring Jamarcus Russle's name into the conversation since DC was also replaced by him without any competition of any kind between them.

Im not a Culpepper fan anymore than any other player but he gets unfair criticism on this board.

Maybe you are not, I am not you nor do I know you outside of these rooms, but you sure do present an image as being a fan of his!

Hell when we aquire him he was not supposed to play until a few weeks into the season and we all know how that turned out.

Who made him play before he was ready?

Screw washed up Trent Green or broken down Culpepper neither player was good for us. To compare them off the field in Miami is moot since they did not sit around having Green wait while they made a decision

Unbielvable I actually found a part of your post that I can agree with you on.

but believe me if KC had waited longer on Green he would have been very similar to Daunte

you dont know that. You are stating your opinion like it is a fact. Things did not unfold for Green the same as they did for DC so there is nothing to compare there about thier personal behaviors.

and he was far from quiet while he was waiting either.

Yes its accurate that he made it known that he wanted out of KC and that is one area I will agree that they both were very vocal about thier desire to be traded. That goes on all the time in the NFL, more then a handfull of players just this season alone can be cited as examples. There is nothing unussaul about that at all.

Im sure people will definately blast Daunte for not having a good game, even though he playing for Detroit and has not even had a full week of practice because thats par for the course here.

Yes people will look to his performance in Detroit to critize him. He did nothing good for this team, showed the team and the fans no appriciation what so ever, he was paid very well to rehab here in Miami, and he returns to our house and snubs the organazation and all the fans pointing to his knee. (which I already know you dont view that as a snub but most of the rest of us, DO)

I bring up Trent Green because he was essentially the same Qb for us here but we bash Daunte for playing at the same level

You appear to me bring up Green because you dont like Trent Green, again only you know the answer to that one, but that is how you come off around here IMO. Again people do use DC's lack of productivity to critize him, but its more about his personal conduct then his playing. Look if he would of handled himself differently Saban would of been viewed as the culprit for making a bad call on him and the status of his health. He was the one out in the media playing it up like a big shot ready to go preseason. Then he stunk the joint up and made every excuse he could to justify it. He took no personal responibility and never appologized or at least shown a tiny bit of humility to the community. Instead he choose go out guns blazing. Writing letters to the media to publish, getting the nflpa involved, refusing to make contractual concessions to help facilutate miami to get some a trade and some value back on thier investment. Now I understand that all that is ok with you but it does not sit well with a great number of people around here.

Yes its true Trent Green did not live up to his billing here either, the difference however is that he left here gracefully and dignified. That is why he is treated with respect by this community and DC is not. You get what you give.

Now I cant wait to hear your spin on it, because you always do have some sort of creative spin to put on this situation. I do give you credit for being a creative guy. So please tell me how wrong I am about my assment of the difference between Green and DC and why Green's tenure here is relevant to DC's and why DC's tenure at Oakland isnt relivant to Jamarcus Russel's

dlockz
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Really, Greens perormance is key DC being picked up by detroit only if Green is his agent. Just Green happened to be the one they choose to replace with but he was going to be replaced by someone either way.

That is your opinion and your right to have. I respectfully disagreee with you on that. No real point in rehashing it all though.

Like I said no real point in rehashing this, it's already been discussed till we are blue in the face. Allthough I do find it curious that you dont feel an overwhelming need to bring Jamarcus Russle's name into the conversation since DC was also replaced by him without any competition of any kind between them.

Maybe you are not, I am not you nor do I know you outside of these rooms, but you sure do present an image as being a fan of his!

Who made him play before he was ready?

Unbielvable I actually found a part of your post that I can agree with you on.

you dont know that. You are stating your opinion like it is a fact. Things did not unfold for Green the same as they did for DC so there is nothing to compare there about thier personal behaviors.

Yes its accurate that he made it known that he wanted out of KC and that is one area I will agree that they both were very vocal about thier desire to be traded. That goes on all the time in the NFL, more then a handfull of players just this season alone can be cited as examples. There is nothing unussaul about that at all.

Yes people will look to his performance in Detroit to critize him. He did nothing good for this team, showed the team and the fans no appriciation what so ever, he was paid very well to rehab here in Miami, and he returns to our house and snubs the organazation and all the fans pointing to his knee. (which I already know you dont view that as a snub but most of the rest of us, DO)

You appear to me bring up Green because you dont like Trent Green, again only you know the answer to that one, but that is how you come off around here IMO. Again people do use DC's lack of productivity to critize him, but its more about his personal conduct then his playing. Look if he would of handled himself differently Saban would of been viewed as the culprit for making a bad call on him and the status of his health. He was the one out in the media playing it up like a big shot ready to go preseason. Then he stunk the joint up and made every excuse he could to justify it. He took no personal responibility and never appologized or at least shown a tiny bit of humility to the community. Instead he choose go out guns blazing. Writing letters to the media to publish, getting the nflpa involved, refusing to make contractual concessions to help facilutate miami to get some a trade and some value back on thier investment. Now I understand that all that is ok with you but it does not sit well with a great number of people around here.

Yes its true Trent Green did not live up to his billing here either, the difference however is that he left here gracefully and dignified. That is why he is treated with respect by this community and DC is not. You get what you give.

Now I cant wait to hear your spin on it, because you always do have some sort of creative spin to put on this situation. I do give you credit for being a creative guy. So please tell me how wrong I am about my assment of the difference between Green and DC and why Green's tenure here is relevant to DC's and why DC's tenure at Oakland isnt relivant to Jamarcus Russel's

The differance is we let Green leave gracefully instead of holding him hostage and not letting him practice in team drills. Culpepper got caught up in a change of administion and we have no clue what went on behind closed doors. he did what was best for him and never said anything bad about the fans of Miami, his knee reference I dont see how he was bashing us fans with that, he was just saying see my leg is healthy as they whooped our buts with the Qb we never gave a chance.

As for oakland they actually should have kept Culpepper around because he was a vet that might be needed but they chose to go with the rookie all the way. Also Culpepper was no longer under contract so very differant situation than the one in miami. Cam Cameron handled that situation much like every other one he did as coach and that was badly. I stand by that it was stupid to replace an ineffective qb coming off of injury with another older ineffective qb coming off of injury especially when we trade another draft pick. Neither Green nor Culpepper did anything positive in Miami between them they were 1-7. Im over the Daunte situation but I refuse to just let people trash him for no reason. i find it funny that we all know Cameron was a moron but dont believe he fouled this situation up.

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
The differance is we let Green leave gracefully instead of holding him hostage and not letting him practice in team drills. Culpepper got caught up in a change of administion and we have no clue what went on behind closed doors. he did what was best for him and never said anything bad about the fans of Miami, his knee reference I dont see how he was bashing us fans with that, he was just saying see my leg is healthy as they whooped our buts with the Qb we never gave a chance.

As for oakland they actually should have kept Culpepper around because he was a vet that might be needed but they chose to go with the rookie all the way. Also Culpepper was no longer under contract so very differant situation than the one in miami. Cam Cameron handled that situation much like every other one he did as coach and that was badly. I stand by that it was stupid to replace an ineffective qb coming off of injury with another older ineffective qb coming off of injury especially when we trade another draft pick. Neither Green nor Culpepper did anything positive in Miami between them they were 1-7. Im over the Daunte situation but I refuse to just let people trash him for no reason. i find it funny that we all know Cameron was a moron but dont believe he fouled this situation up.

Actually I am in agreement with you on as much as Cam being a moron and shares responsibility in the ugliness of how the DC experiment turned out. That does not absolve DC of his own personal responsibility in this. I think for as many times and as in depth its been hone through it is even a topic that still gets batted around here. I guess I am like you in that when I see his name pop up on a thread I cant resist throwing my two cents in. You and I have been through so many times I know we both have very clear understandings of the others postion on it, yet we still continue to talk about it :sidelol:

dlockz
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Actually I am in agreement with you on as much as Cam being a moron and shares responsibility in the ugliness of how the DC experiment turned out. That does not absolve DC of his own personal responsibility in this. I think for as many times and as in depth its been hone through it is even a topic that still gets batted around here. I guess I am like you in that when I see his name pop up on a thread I cant resist throwing my two cents in. You and I have been through so many times I know we both have very clear understandings of the others postion on it, yet we still continue to talk about it :sidelol:

Thus the beauty of message boards. At least this is still debatelable unlike all the Beck argueing we all did this offseason. That topic is almost totally dead. Im all for beating dead horses.

Never kick a man when he is down. What BS is this can you think of a better time to kick him.

Flip Tanneflop
11-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Daunte Culpepper is the absolute worst. I havent seen the QB position played so poorly..........well...........since last year, but nevertheless, :lol: until Daunte in a phins uni I havent seen anyone play so horribly at QB in the NFL. Its so sad that I saw an equally if not amazingly worse, performance just one season later from John Beck. Easily the two worst QBs I have ever seen play football in the NFL. **** Daunte.

dlockz
11-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Daunte Culpepper is the absolute worst. I havent seen the QB position played so poorly..........well...........since last year, but nevertheless, :lol: until Daunte in a phins uni I havent seen anyone play so horribly at QB in the NFL. Its so sad that I saw an equally if not amazingly worse, performance just one season later from John Beck. Easily the two worst QBs I have ever seen play football in the NFL. **** Daunte.

well back onto this dead horse. He outplayed Trent Green when they faced each other last year so what does that say for Trent if Culpepper is the worst. IS he the worstest lol.

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
How many games do you think its going to take before Detroit benches him?

dlockz
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
How many games do you think its going to take before Detroit benches him?

who knows. I mean there is no way a guy signed on Nov 3 should be starting on Nov 9 at qb the hardest position to play in midseason. Stanton should have been the starter as they gave Culpepper another week to prepare. i think it all depends on how he plays this week. Detroit was awful before Culpepper got there so they have to give him more than one game. No Qb could have came in on 6 days after being retired all year and done much with that detroit team. Thier starting Qb may be ready again soon.

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I honestly dont know detroits situation. Kitna got hurt? They had no b/u QB? Nothing to do with DC's abilities but its kinda odd to solicit a QB so late in the season.

dlockz
11-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I honestly dont know detroits situation. Kitna got hurt? They had no b/u QB? Nothing to do with DC's abilities but its kinda odd to solicit a QB so late in the season.

Oh I agree. Thier backup got hurt Olosky or whatever his name is. he had played fairly well up to his injury. He may be back soon. They had Drew Stanton last years draft pick who was hurt all year and Drew henson as the last qb on the roster.