PDA

View Full Version : I Played Ricky in Madden

stan marino
09-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Had a game with ricky yesterday and won!!! I used the chargers he used the donkos and i took a quick lead and was leading 21-7 at half time..Then i barely held out through the second half for the 21-16 victory. I didnt talk to him other then to ask for a game and to say gg afterwards, didnt want to be a pest. I thought it was kinda cool not sure if this counts as fin talk but oh well:)

BillsNick
09-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Where did you play him, was he pissed?

stan marino
09-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Played him online, he didnt say anything so i have no idea. Hopefully he was pissed and he'll take it out on the bills this weekend:) First half i could move the ball second i couldnt move the ball at all and he was moving it all over the field, i just barely held on.

nyfinzfan
09-18-2003, 12:58 PM
whats his screenname?

stan marino
09-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Its at runrickyrun.com i dont remember it off hand.

Muck
09-18-2003, 01:02 PM
For our visiting Bills (and other) fans, Stan is the 3rd member of this board to play Ricky (that we know of). You can check the others out in the Gaming Forum (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46).

You can see Kamikaze's game (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22173) and Dolfan984's game (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22579) by clicking on those links.

Thanks to Stan Marino, Finheaven officially ownz Ricky Williams. :tongue:

stan marino
09-18-2003, 01:12 PM
I dont know about owning Muck just like Kamikaze's game in that second half he completley destroyed me, I just barely held on playing the bend but dont break kinda defense.

poppy
09-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Lucky you. I keep trying to get a gm with him when i see him online, but I keep getting ignored. Any tips about how to get a gm with him?

stan marino
09-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Not really, im not sure what the other guys did, but i just messaged "game?" and he challenged me right after.

Muck
09-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by poppy
Lucky you. I keep trying to get a gm with him when i see him online, but I keep getting ignored. Any tips about how to get a gm with him?

Don't act like a fanboy stalker. ;)

phinfan_1
09-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Man that is really cool You played Ricky Williams. Didn't even know other finheaven members played him till today. I have X-box and I was thinking about getting Madden 2004 just cause Ricky is in it. Right now I only have one game and thats Project Gotham Racing, and I love that game it's great on widescreen.
Hopefully next time someone plays him they tell him about finheaven.

Dolfan984
09-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey Stan Marino, what's your Madden name? I am ranked now heh, it was like the second day I had the online feature when I played him. I'm a lot better now. :)

stan marino
09-18-2003, 06:33 PM
My madden name right now is bwmldolphins

VanDolPhan
09-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Come on guys.........when you get him into a game INVITE him to finheaven.com ;p

Prime Time
09-18-2003, 10:01 PM
I know 3 people have played him and have said very little to nothing...come on guys talk Fins football go along the lines of "Sorry I do not want to pest you but It isn't everyday I can talk to Ricky" Then go from there.

MarinoFan4Life
09-19-2003, 12:42 AM
I Agree with PT. Ricky seems cool... maybe he'll understand... and THEN MAYBE HE'LL COME HERE AND TALK MADDEN SMACK WITH US!!!!

stan marino
10-04-2003, 02:07 AM
OH i should have said if u want to play madden against me thats fine but i play straight games i dont bs around. Kamikazee just challenged me to a game and came out with goalline offense for his first two plays and scored on a long run with ahman green. Congrats kamikazee. Well i play for some realizm thats why i play in leagues, where the rules ban such stupid things as Goin goalline on first down from ur 20 which is bs. So if u want a straight game where people punt on 4th down and actually dont come out and try to run goalline down the field(as if a 2 year old couldnt do that if they wanted to) then message me online i'll play a game for sure. If ur out to prove that uve learned all the great madden gadget plays that work all the time and use bs formations then find somebody else to have a bs game with. My madden name is BwmlDolphins. Oh and Kamikazee congrats on the great win, maybe try watching a game or two though.

iybex
10-04-2003, 04:22 AM
them fighting words

:cointoss:

:beerbang::chuckle:

stan marino
10-04-2003, 04:27 AM
Nope not fighting words at all, just some people play madden for different reasons. Having a sense of realism is why i play. Playing in a league with rules of fair play is what im about. Lineing up in goalline to run with ahman green on the first play of the game???? Too me thats not a real game. To some maybe it is, but not too me.

Prime Time
10-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by stan marino
Oh and Kamikazee congrats on the great win, maybe try watching a game or two though.

Don't be sore because he beat you.

Kamikaze
10-05-2003, 12:57 AM
Stan, I still fail to see how running my first two plays out of Jumbo-T (not goal line) is unrealistic. I could have just as easily thrown a screen pass to Green out of that formation if I had wanted to. I just happened to reel off a long TD run on the second play, a weak side sweep. You then come out on your drive passing, and I accordingly defended it with a Dime Flat package, then picked you off and returned it for a TD. Had you decided to stay in the game, you would have seen a multitude of formations from me, and yes, I do punt on fourth down, and yes, I do attempt field goals. I'm as straight a player as they come, but I'm sorry if I am unable to live up to your impeccable standards of Madden play. There are plenty of other people online who will gladly play a game with me. If you want to play me again though, feel free to challenge me.

Prime Time
10-05-2003, 02:41 PM
I wish I had online play :cry:

stan marino
10-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Oh i guess the jumbo T is used all the time right? Or is it just by the goalline? LOL do u even know the difference between the Jumbo T and Goalline in the GB offense? Well i guess i'll tell u. The differense is instead of having 3 te's and two rbs(which is the goalline offense) u have 2 te's and 3 rb's(which is the Jumbo T) wow ur right with both those having no wr's how could i have mistaken that for the goalline offense? Like i said some people play the game for different reasons and we obviously play it for different reasons.

Kamikaze
10-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by stan marino
Oh i guess the jumbo T is used all the time right? Or is it just by the goalline? LOL
I really don't know. Let me ask my Packer friends whether or not they've seen that formation run out of longer yardage situations.

do u even know the difference between the Jumbo T and Goalline in the GB offense? Well i guess i'll tell u. The differense is instead of having 3 te's and two rbs(which is the goalline offense) u have 2 te's and 3 rb's(which is the Jumbo T)
Thanks for telling me what I already knew.

wow ur right with both those having no wr's how could i have mistaken that for the goalline offense? Like i said some people play the game for different reasons and we obviously play it for different reasons.
I think you're way too picky. I also think you didn't like the fact someone was schooling you in the game, hence your whiny little outburst.

stan marino
10-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Whiny little outburst??? If u need the Jumbo T to run with Ahman Green in Madden how sad is that? Hey as far as im concerned u can take ur Jumbo T and shove it up ur Jumbo ***/hole...Schooling in a game full of BS maybe.

Kamikaze
10-07-2003, 12:40 AM
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

iceblizzard69
10-07-2003, 01:55 PM
It's freaking Madden! I have never played someone online where the game looked realistic at all. People take 10 seconds in the pocket and pass deep like crazy. I doubt this is the first time you have been in an 'unrealistic' game.

Scrap
10-07-2003, 03:51 PM
This arguement sounds kind of like if we would have argued with the Jets the time they passed to Jumbo Elliot for a touchdown. Where was the realism there? Either way, it's legal, and helped them to beat us.

Scrap
10-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
I wish I had online play :cry:

I'd beat you pretty bad if you did.

Disclaimer: ScrappyDew is only talking smack because he realizes that he doesn't play online either, and doesn't have to back up his words.;)

Baz
10-08-2003, 01:20 AM
Hey guys, I have comcast digital cable and I can't get my PS2 to recognize the internet, it won't find it. Is there anything you all know about it? I really want my updated roster, and I wouldn't mind extending my undefeated streak against some real opposition. Everyone around here sucks......

Scrap
10-08-2003, 08:13 AM
I'd beat you too!

Disclaimer: ScrappyDew is only talking smack because he realizes that he doesn't play online either, and doesn't have to back up his words.

Baz
10-08-2003, 12:32 PM
LMAO.

Whatever makes you feel better buddy......

Scrap
10-08-2003, 02:27 PM
You'ld probably kill me in it honestly. I'm getting there though.

Prime Time
10-08-2003, 05:06 PM
We would both beat each other! :lol: Maybe I'll get it for Christmas and dominate you then...:lol:

Scrap
10-09-2003, 07:32 AM
I'd like to play online, but I'm discouraged, since I running on 56k.

Baz
10-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I used to play on 56k. Its not too bad. I have 2 losses on my record, both from losing my connection, so thats the worst thing about it......

Prime Time
10-09-2003, 12:24 PM
I have 56K too...and my pc freezes constantly...I guess I would have to hook it up on my Bro's pc....his is 56K but it doesn't freeze.

Baz
10-09-2003, 12:25 PM
It had nothing to do with the PC. You hook the phone line into the PS2 directly, so it wouldn't matter where you do it......

Prime Time
10-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Oh Yeah? That's awesome...beware of me In December guys I will be a man on a mission/