PDA

View Full Version : This is who the Phins are playing this week

Nasty Mcgahee
10-24-2008, 11:54 PM
One final point about Edwards this season -- he has been off the charts throwing the ball on first and 10. He is 41-for-50, which is 82 percent. Keep in mind that first down is the best down to throw. The reason -- you tend to get predictable defensive fronts and predictable coverages. That's not the case in long yardage, must-pass situations in which defenses clearly have the tactical advantage with their blitz packages and hybrid coverage schemes.

There is no question the Bills are an improved team in many areas in 2008, but they will compete for a division title and more for one reason -- Trent Edwards.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=477792

rainmaker1313
10-25-2008, 12:49 AM
ok Mrs Edwards!

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 12:57 AM
ok Mrs Edwards!
you read the entire article written by a respected film guru, and this is the only response you can think of?

Just Win Baby
10-25-2008, 01:03 AM
what did you really expect to get out of us when you posted this article....?

Roman529
10-25-2008, 01:51 AM
He sounds like he might be an upgrade over Losman, but only time will tell. The Bills are off to a good start but it is a long season.

Detonate
10-25-2008, 11:49 AM
He sounds like he might be an upgrade over Losman, but only time will tell. The Bills are off to a good start but it is a long season.

If you watch him, he is obviously an upgrade over Losman. Trent is the QB of the future, future Pro Bowler, and the one that will finally lead us to a SB victory.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Just to show you that Bills "homers" aren't the only people saying this guy is great.

Detonate
10-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Just to show you that Bills "homers" aren't the only people saying this guy is great.

Trent Edwards for MVP!

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Trent Edwards for MVP!

Sorry, I know you have a man-crush on Trent, but the media, analysts and experts are all on Brett Favre's jock. It would have been really insteresting to see who would have been prom queen this season had Brady not gotten injured.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry, I know you have a man-crush on Trent, but the media, analysts and experts are all on Brett Favre's jock. It would have been really insteresting to see who would have been prom queen this season had Brady not gotten injured.
really? watch sunday countdown tomorrow and tell me who boomer is interviewing.

hint: he's from the afc east, is a qb, and doesn't play for the Jets, Fins, or Pats.

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 12:38 PM
really? watch sunday countdown tomorrow and tell me who boomer is interviewing.

hint: he's from the afc east, is a qb, and doesn't play for the Jets, Fins, or Pats.

Oooooo, let me set the DVR. Sorry Skippy, who has gotten more air-time, highlight spots and headlines this year? Hint: he's from the AFC East, he's a QB and doesn't play for the Fins, Pats or BILLS. As I said, they are all on Brett Favre's jock.....but don't worry, eventually the novelty of Brett in a Jets uni will wear off and Trent will get his full 15 mins of fame. :up:

Detonate
10-25-2008, 02:18 PM

And yeah, we all know that Favre is overrated. He has not played well for the Jets, and yet they keep talking about him. Trent Edwards has been much better, honestly.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Oooooo, let me set the DVR. Sorry Skippy, who has gotten more air-time, highlight spots and headlines this year? Hint: he's from the AFC East, he's a QB and doesn't play for the Fins, Pats or BILLS. As I said, they are all on Brett Favre's jock.....but don't worry, eventually the novelty of Brett in a Jets uni will wear off and Trent will get his full 15 mins of fame. :up:
Im sorry... you said 15 minutes? You meant 15 years.

FinFrenzy
10-25-2008, 02:41 PM
If you watch him, he is obviously an upgrade over Losman. Trent is the QB of the future, future Pro Bowler, and the one that will finally lead us to a SB victory.

I thought you had a good QB when you played in the SB....:foundout:

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 02:41 PM
And yeah, we all know that Favre is overrated. He has not played well for the Jets, and yet they keep talking about him. Trent Edwards has been much better, honestly.

Hold on Sporto, the question was not who has been playing better, it was who has had the most press coverage.....the answer is <drum roll> Brett Favre. But, since you bring up the question of who is playing better, heres a lil something for you to digest.....plz don't choke.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

The numbers show that your boy isn't even the second best in the AFC East. :sidelol:

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Im sorry... you said 15 minutes? You meant 15 years.

Actually, I meant 15 mins. Trent won't take the attention from Brett until Brett finally retires......which should be in about 15 more years. :wink:

SABURZFAN
10-25-2008, 02:53 PM

excuses and BS......

mostly BS. :up:

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Actually, I meant 15 mins. Trent won't take the attention from Brett until Brett finally retires......which should be in about 15 more years. :wink:
trust me, unless you want to come off looking like you lack NFL knowledge, you meant 15 years.

feelthepain
10-25-2008, 04:47 PM

Uh huh, weren't Bill fans saying this exact same thing about JP coming off the 06 season?

Detonate
10-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Uh huh, weren't Bill fans saying this exact same thing about JP coming off the 06 season?

No, we weren't. If you actually WATCH you Bills games, you will see the difference immediately.

feelthepain
10-25-2008, 05:47 PM
No, we weren't. If you actually WATCH you Bills games, you will see the difference immediately.

BS, I know for a fact Bill fans were calling JP their next probowl QB and he was ready to take that next step in 07, blah, blah, blah. By the middle of the 07 season Bill fans were crying about how bad he sucked. Here we are a year later and Bill fans are calling Trent their futre probowler who's ready to take that next step!! Whatever!!

Detonate
10-25-2008, 06:13 PM
BS, I know for a fact Bill fans were calling JP their next probowl QB and he was ready to take that next step in 07, blah, blah, blah. By the middle of the 07 season Bill fans were crying about how bad he sucked. Here we are a year later and Bill fans are calling Trent their futre probowler who's ready to take that next step!! Whatever!!

Really. You know for a fact? What, are you psychic? Wow.

You have...to...watch...the...games. Should I speak slower?

Detonate
10-25-2008, 06:14 PM

Like, whatever! OMG, Brittany! We should, like, go dope up with Ricky Williams. He's, like, awesome! :lol: