Against Houston:
5 runs for 19 yards. 3.8 ypp
1 pass for 53 yards, 1 TD. 53 ypp

Against Baltimore:
6 runs for 4 yards. .66 ypp

In total:
26 runs for 171 yards and 4 td's. 6.57yyp
2 passes for 72 yards and 2 td's. 36

This just shows what happens when teams get film on a gimmick offense.

houtz
10-25-2008, 06:56 AM
It's far from a gimmick it's nothing more then another formation. Analysts and anyone else for that matter that thinks the Wildcat is the reason our offense is doing so well knows nothing about football. Aside from the Wildcat we still have been scoring on opposing defenses and been doing it pretty convincingly.

The Wildcat is nothing more then a formation. I'm sure you will see it this Sunday and I'm sure it will work a lot better then it did last week.

BillsFanInPeace
10-25-2008, 07:02 AM
It's far from a gimmick it's nothing more then another formation. Analysts and anyone else for that matter that thinks the Wildcat is the reason our offense is doing so well knows nothing about football. Aside from the Wildcat we still have been scoring on opposing defenses and been doing it pretty convincingly.

The Wildcat is nothing more then a formation. I'm sure you will see it this Sunday and I'm sure it will work a lot better then it did last week.

Ok my bad I mis-spoke. nothing more than a Gimmick formation

Etuoo33
10-25-2008, 07:35 AM
I'd hate to have to tell my fans that we were beaten by a 'Gimmick Formation'.

dolpns13
10-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Against NE:
5 runs for 100 yards, 3 TD. 20 ypp
1 pass for 19 yards, 1 TD. 19 ypp

Against SD:
10 runs for 48 yards, 1 TD. 4.8 ypp

Against Houston:

Against Baltimore:

In total:

Gee, I wonder where you got this from? Real classy. Youre a good poster on here. I would expect more from you than plagurizing posts/threads from other people

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/wildcat-effectiveness-over-the-last-4-games-231976.html

Dolfandenny
10-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Oooops Billfaninpeace, you have been exposed! Will be very embarassing if the Jills lose too the wildcat.

dolpns13
10-25-2008, 08:52 AM

I find it hilarious when people try to call the formation a gimmick play. It truly shows how little they understand about offensive formations... Refer to the anaolgy, kids should be seen but not heard.

Disnardo
10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
No disrespect to the Bills fans...

The Wilcat Formation is mostly a "Running Formation," it can work well against Defenses that are "NOT" effecient against the run...

Baltimore's Defense LEADS ALL 32 TEAMS against the RUN... They are # 1 on all run categories....

We just need to see where Buffalo's run D is against the run to give you an idea if the Wildcat will work or not....

3rdandinches
10-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Against NE:

Against SD:

Against Houston:

Against Baltimore:

Against Buffalo:
8 runs for 80 yards. 4TDs 10 ypp
3 passes for 150 yards. 1TD 50 ypp

In total victory for the Fish.....

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Against NE:

Against SD:

Against Houston:

Against Baltimore:

In total:

This just shows what happens when teams get film on a gimmick offense.What's your point with this unoriginal post? We didn't win or lose any of those games because of that formation. We won and lost based on whether our D decided to show up and clock management. The wildcat is just another formation, and a fairly successful one against all but the best rush defense in the league. I'm glad other teams are so concerned about a formation that accounts for exactly 7.8% of our plays.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 10:32 AM
oh, and 40% of our TDs.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 10:35 AM
What's your point with this unoriginal post? We didn't win or lose any of those games because of that formation. We won and lost based on whether our D decided to show up and clock management. The wildcat is just another formation, and a fairly successful one against all but the best rush defense in the league. I'm glad other teams are so concerned about a formation that accounts for exactly 7.8% of our plays.
that's untrue. You beat New England because, and only because of the wildcat.

BillsFanInPeace
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
My Bad I did not see it already here, and I apologize that the posters name from BB.com did not make it here, working on the NIPR here in the gulf is troublesome at times
Nasty Marshawn wrote this on the BB.com, and thought the decline is interesting when you get film on something I apologize if it looks like I was stealing an Idea, I did not see it on here already, and like I said I thought the posters name made it in the post My bad all

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 10:43 AM
that's untrue. You beat New England because, and only because of the wildcat.We beat the pats because we were able to drive down the field at will, hold them to 13 points, and hold them to just over 200 yards, with only 27 coming from Morris and 22 from Jordan. How we got into the endzone at the end of the drives doesn't matter as much as how we got down the field, which had a lot to do with Pennington hitting on 17 of 20 and Brown and Williams accounting for over 200 yards of rushing. So, yeah, it is true.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
My Bad I did not see it already here, and I apologize that the posters name from BB.com did not make it here, working on the NIPR here in the gulf is troublesome at times
Nasty Marshawn wrote this on the BB.com, and thought the decline is interesting when you get film on something I apologize if it looks like I was stealing an Idea, I did not see it on here already, and like I said I thought the posters name made it in the post My bad allNo worries.

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 10:46 AM
that's untrue. You beat New England because, and only because of the wildcat.

Then clearly you didn't see the game. We beat them on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Now, having said that....if the Pats couldn't adjust to the formation, then there was no reason to stop running it on them. I suppose if your Bills were having success with the playaction against a team your coach would suddenly give up playaction despite the fact that the other team showed no signs of stopping it? If you say yes, you are either a moron or a liar.

The bottom line is that the Wildcat formation accounts for a miniscule part of our total offense yet you guys, as well as the rest of the league, insist that it is somehow our primary gameplan week in and week out. Wake up.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Then clearly you didn't see the game. We beat them on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Now, having said that....if the Pats couldn't adjust to the formation, then there was no reason to stop running it on them. I suppose if your Bills were having success with the playaction against a team your coach would suddenly give up playaction despite the fact that the other team showed no signs of stopping it? If you say yes, you are either a moron or a liar.

The bottom line is that the Wildcat formation accounts for a miniscule part of our total offense yet you guys, as well as the rest of the league, insist that it is somehow our primary gameplan week in and week out. Wake up.
2 things: First, I posted this on BB.com but I certainly didn't copy it from anybody. Out of sheer boredom I went through the play by play on NFL.com for each of your games to see when it was run and what was the outcome of each play. Just because another finheaven board member did it too doesn't make it plagerism. The info is right there at NFL.com all you gotta do is use it.... I didn't know I had to go through old threads to find out if it has already been posted. I didn't post it here because I assumed you guys already know that the wildcat has run its course.

OK, second thing, I didn't say that you should have stopped running it against the Pats, you guys said that the Phins didn't win a game because of the wildcat... without the wildcat the Phins do NOT win the Pats game.

#13 Rulz
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
You beat New England because, and only because of the wildcat.
We'll see how you do against them soon enough. :rolleyes:

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 10:56 AM
We'll see how you do against them soon enough. :rolleyes:
OK... if the Phins can beat them then I have no doubt that the Bills can beat them.

And the Bills won't use gimmicks and trickery to win. They'll just play solid football.

#13 Rulz
10-25-2008, 10:57 AM
OK... if the Phins can beat them then I have no doubt that the Bills can beat them.

And the Bills won't use gimmicks and trickery to win. They'll just play solid football.
Let us know if the bills ever win anything, OK? :rolleyes:

DoLPhiNsDyNaStY
10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
out of my own personal curiosity...if it were the bills or the patriots running the Wildcat instead of us, would we as dolphin fans be calling it a gimmick formation or a college play, or any of those things instead of defending their choice of using it?

Cocelesti
10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
haha, well said!:beer1:

#13 Rulz
10-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh, and hope your team enjoys their new digs in Canada.

LOL!

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:03 AM
OK, second thing, I didn't say that you should have stopped running it against the Pats, you guys said that the Phins didn't win a game because of the wildcat... without the wildcat the Phins do NOT win the Pats game.
And you have absolutely nothing to back that up, obviously. You fail to account for our holding them to 13 points and 215 yards and our ability to drive the field at will. Did you even watch the game, or are you going by nfl.com stats alone? If we had kicked field goals each of those times we scored with the wildcat, guess what? We still would have won. It's fairly simple math. So, keep worrying about 7.8% of our plays. And keep thinking that just because the best rush defense (and 4th best pass D) in the league could stop it, you can. Please.

BillsFanInPeace
10-25-2008, 11:04 AM
out of my own personal curiosity...if it were the bills or the patriots running the Wildcat instead of us, would we as dolphin fans be calling it a gimmick formation or a college play, or any of those things instead of defending their choice of using it?

Good question fans are funny that way arent they

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:07 AM
you mean like 5 back to back division titles, and 4 back to back conference titles, or a few AFL championships.

See, the problem is, your living in the past. I guess it makes you fell better because your phins are so bad, I mean, you have only won 3 of your last 22 games.

The problem is your not even close yet. You have a stop gap solution at QB, a guy with a weak arm that cant throw in cold weather... good luck in the playoffs. You have no wide receivers except Tedd Ginn who is looking much like a bust. Your running backs are good but by the time the rest of the team catches up to them they will be past their prime.

Your secondary is so bad its scary, they will be exposed by Trent, Lee, and Roscoe this weekend.

See, The Bills are close to being complete. One guy here, one guy there...but they are setup to be a winning team for a long time because the best thing about this team is that they are young. Marv Levy came in and got the team back on track much like Parcells is doing with the phins. The phins though, have a few more years of drafts before they are competitive again (sure you'll win a few fluke games here and there but your team is not consistently good).

That said, a few years down the road the ever aging Patriots will be at the bottom of the east while the Bills and Phins are once again fighting for the number 1 spot in the east.

Now, since your living in the past... The phins havent beat the Bills since 2005.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:07 AM

So they're not going to run any playaction, stunts, or reverses? :lol: Jeebus.

DoLPhiNsDyNaStY
10-25-2008, 11:08 AM

yeah and it works both ways too. if the bills were using it, u would not call it a gimmick formation and u would be defending it against us fin fans who would be calling it a trick play

BillsFanInPeace
10-25-2008, 11:12 AM
yeah and it works both ways too. if the bills were using it, u would not call it a gimmick formation and u would be defending it against us fin fans who would be calling it a trick play

Well I would still call is a trick formation and gimmick play but yeah I still would be defending it. Heck Berman has made a lot of money over the years with "Those Tricky Bills"

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:13 AM
And you have absolutely nothing to back that up, obviously. You fail to account for our holding them to 13 points and 215 yards and our ability to drive the field at will. Did you even watch the game, or are you going by nfl.com stats alone? If we had kicked field goals each of those times we scored with the wildcat, guess what? We still would have won. It's fairly simple math. So, keep worrying about 7.8% of our plays. And keep thinking that just because the best rush defense (and 4th best pass D) in the league could stop it, you can. Please.
I can back it up by using FACTS.

Fact: You stopped them to 13 points (congrats on stopping an offense with a QB in his second start)

Fact: You scored 4 TD's out of the wildcat formation

Fact: You won 38 to 13

Fact: subtract those 4 TD's from your final score... since your from Florida I will do this for you 38-28 equals 10.

Thats 13-10 in the Pats favor.

Fact: You beat them BECAUSE OF THE WILDCAT.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:14 AM
These "in their shoes" scenarios are absolutely retarded, but I'll bite. If we were in NE's shoes and NE did to us what we did to them in that game, I'd be more concerned with our inability to stop their drives, the inability to establish drives of our own, and the fact that Cassel isn't Brady. Sure, I'd also be a little concerned about our inability to adjust to a formation that's been around for, what, 80 years?

I love the play just because it makes people whine so much. :lol:

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Not quite as funny as when they cry about one rarely used formation.

Lungoystr
2 things: First, I posted this on BB.com but I certainly didn't copy it from anybody. Out of sheer boredom I went through the play by play on NFL.com for each of your games to see when it was run and what was the outcome of each play. Just because another finheaven board member did it too doesn't make it plagerism. The info is right there at NFL.com all you gotta do is use it.... I didn't know I had to go through old threads to find out if it has already been posted. I didn't post it here because I assumed you guys already know that the wildcat has run its course.

Sorry buddy, you're going to have to provide some proof to back that up. As I said (and as it was clearly shown) the Phins beat the Pats on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. That game was a classic case of total domination. You guys seem to think of the Wildcat as some "gimmick play" when it is a a single wing formation that has been used with much success in the history of football. Ever heard of the phrase, "everything old is new again"? Well, the Phins dug it up and it is no different than them changing from a "splitback" formation to a "spread" formation. Sure, it was a matter of time before teams would adjust to the formation, but don't think that it has run its course. There are still teams (college of course) that run a complete single wing formation and thereby have mastered it. Don't think for a second that the league has seen everything the Phins can do with it.

Nasty Mcgahee
So they're not going to run any playaction, stunts, or reverses? :lol: Jeebus.
Reverse is the only trick play in that list... the others are misdirection plays.

That said, have you watched a Bills game this year? I wish they would use more play action... they probably do it 2 times a game.

anyway... the difference is, the Bills don't have to rely on the trick plays to win, the phins do.

DoLPhiNsDyNaStY
10-25-2008, 11:19 AM
i dont think the scenarios are retarded i think the double standards we all have are whats retarded. obviously we would all be calling it a gimmick play if someone else did it against us and it was effective, including myself, but since its us thats using it, we defend it and some even get offended when its called a trick/college/desperation play. thats retarded

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:19 AM

Sorry buddy, you're going to have to provide some proof to back that up. As I said (and as it was clearly shown) the Phins beat the Pats on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. That game was a classic case of total domination. You guys seem to think of the Wildcat as some "gimmick play" when it is a a single wing formation that has been used with much success in the history of football. Ever heard of the phrase, "everything is new again"? Well, the Phins dug it up and it is no different than them changing from a "splitback" formation to a "spread" formation. Sure, it was a matter of time before teams would adjust to the formation, but don't think that it has run its course. There are still teams (college of course) that run a complete single wing formation and thereby have mastered it. Don't think for a second that the league has seen everything the Phins can do with it.
sorry bud, you must not have read the whole thread, it's on page 2 but I'll post it again just for you:

Fact: You stopped them to 13 points (congrats on stopping an offense with a QB in his second start)

Fact: subtract those 4 TD's from your final score... since your from Florida I will do this for you 38-28 equals 10.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Reverse is the only trick play in that list... the others are misdirection plays.

That said, have you watched a Bills game this year? I wish they would use more play action... they probably do it 2 times a game.

anyway... the difference is, the Bills don't have to rely on the trick plays to win, the phins do.:lol: Please, describe the difference in your world between a trick play and a misdirection play. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a misdirection play is a form of trick play.

You have still yet to counter my points (backed with statical facts) about how our wins and losses did not depend on the wildcat. No worries, it's because you can't.

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
[quote=Lungoystr;1062677965]
sorry bud, you must not have read the whole thread, it's on page 2 but I'll post it again just for you:

And yet you STILL show no proof.....only speculation. We scored 10 points without the Wildcat so you really don't know what would have happened on the plays had we run our standard formations. Tell ya what, if you want to play this game.....you guys don't win games without (insert Bills formation here).

SwimminInIndy
10-25-2008, 11:25 AM

The Wildcat definatly helped, don't get us wrong, but you said in your original post that we won ONLY because of the Wildcat. That, my enemy, is simply not true. We killed the Patriots in New England, and even if Mr. Perfect wasn't injured we still would have won. The score might have been different, but there was no team beating us that day.

And besides, I don't care about it being Matt's 2nd start. That for the longest time (and still is) what everyone is swinging off the Patriots for, is the way they can "get over" injuries and play like the great team they are.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
[quote=Nasty Mcgahee;1062677970]

And yet you STILL show no proof.....only speculation. We scored 10 points without the Wildcat so you really don't know what would have happened on the plays had we run our standard formations. Tell ya what, if you want to play this game.....you guys don't win games without (insert Bills formation here).
All you can use is what your given. Give me a few minutes, I'll be back here with an answer.

BillsFanInPeace
10-25-2008, 11:27 AM
As another poster on the BB.com about with the QB lining out in WR and having one of our guys just level him.

It made me wonder. I wonder why no team has done that yet. Everyone knows Penny is not the most durable QB, and lining him out at WR you can get many free shots on him, with no "QB Protection" wonder why that has not happened yet

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:27 AM
i dont think the scenarios are retarded i think the double standards we all have are whats retarded. obviously we would all be calling it a gimmick play if someone else did it against us and it was effective, including myself, but since its us thats using it, we defend it and some even get offended when its called a trick/college/desperation play. thats retardedExplain how one of the oldest formations in the game is a gimmick play. Please.

And those scenarios are asinine. The positions don't have to be reversed. There are obviously plenty of Phin fans whining about it as well, for some reason.

DoLPhiNsDyNaStY
10-25-2008, 11:33 AM
if your actually sitting in ur chair right now and 100% certain that you would not call it a trick or gimmick play if the bills or pats ran it against us and it was effective against us...THAT is asinine.

Nublar7

Fact: You beat them BECAUSE OF THE WILDCAT.Miami scored out of the wildcat from the 19 yard line, the 5 yard line and the 2 yard line. You are telling me that even though they had the ball on those yard lines, Miami would not have scored any points if they didn't use the Wildcat? Come on now.

The wildcat is a formation. Saying a team only wins because of that formation is ridiculous. It is like saying a team only won because they had a kick return for a touchdown or a block punt for a touchdown. It is all part of the game. Miami dominated the Patriots and they were moving the ball up and down the field on them with plays other than the wildcat.

Lungoystr
As another poster on the BB.com about with the QB lining out in WR and having one of our guys just level him.

It made me wonder. I wonder why no team has done that yet. Everyone knows Penny is not the most durable QB, and lining him out at WR you can get many free shots on him, with no "QB Protection" wonder why that has not happened yet

Because on those plays he has been instructed (if the play doesn't directly involve him) to get out of bounds asap. I believe that Sparano actually commented on it during one of his interviews and it was also brought up by some sportswriter as a way to stop the formation (due to threat of a QB injury).

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 11:38 AM
if your actually sitting in ur chair right now and 100% certain that you would not call it a trick or gimmick play if the bills or pats ran it against us and it was effective against us...THAT is asinine.

The single wing is a single wing no matter WHO runs it. Repeat after me...IT IS A FORMATION.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:39 AM
OK, so the phins offense had the Ball 10 times. Of those 10 times they used the wildcat in 5 of those drives... the other 5 drives looked like this:

1-10-MIA 15 (13:30) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 83-G.Camarillo to MIA 21 for 6 yards (37-R.Harrison).
2-4-MIA 21 (12:51) 23-R.Brown right guard to MIA 23 for 2 yards (50-M.Vrabel, 51-J.Mayo).
3-2-MIA 23 (12:05) 10-C.Pennington pass incomplete short right to 88-D.Martin (93-R.Seymour).
4-2-MIA 23 (12:02) 2-B.Fields punts 53 yards to NE 24, Center-92-J.Denney. 33-K.Faulk to NE 39 for 15 yards (29-T.Culver

3-S.Gostkowski kicks 73 yards from NE 30 to MIA -3. 15-D.Bess, Touchback.
1-10-MIA 20 (15:00) 23-R.Brown up the middle to MIA 20 for no gain (51-J.Mayo, 50-M.Vrabel).
2-10-MIA 20 (14:18) 23-R.Brown up the middle to MIA 25 for 5 yards (94-T.Warren, 75-V.Wilfork).
3-5-MIA 25 (13:37) 10-C.Pennington pass incomplete short left to 19-T.Ginn (96-A.Thomas).
4-5-MIA 25 (13:33) 2-B.Fields punts 60 yards to NE 15, Center-92-J.Denney. 33-K.Faulk to NE 34 for 19 yards (38-P.Cobbs, 33-N.Jones).

1-10-NE 49 (14:08) 34-R.Williams up the middle to NE 45 for 4 yards (75-V.Wilfork, 54-T.Bruschi).
2-6-NE 45 (13:24) 34-R.Williams up the middle to NE 42 for 3 yards (94-T.Warren, 50-M.Vrabel).
3-3-NE 42 (12:37) 23-R.Brown right end to NE 46 for -4 yards (50-M.Vrabel, 21-D.O'Neal). NE-31-B.Meriweather was injured during the play.
4-7-NE 46 (12:19) 2-B.Fields punts 38 yards to NE 8, Center-92-J.Denney, fair catch by 33-K.Faulk.

1-10-MIA 38 (10:42) 34-R.Williams right guard to NE 40 for 22 yards (37-R.Harrison, 27-E.Hobbs).
1-10-NE 40 (9:57) 34-R.Williams left tackle to NE 31 for 9 yards (58-P.Woods, 51-J.Mayo).
2-1-NE 31 (9:14) 34-R.Williams left tackle to NE 25 for 6 yards (58-P.Woods).
1-10-NE 25 (8:28) 34-R.Williams right guard to NE 25 for no gain (94-T.Warren, 93-R.Seymour).
2-10-NE 25 (7:42) 34-R.Williams right end to NE 22 for 3 yards (54-T.Bruschi, 37-R.Harrison).
3-7-NE 22 (6:55) 34-R.Williams left guard to NE 21 for 1 yard (58-P.Woods, 75-V.Wilfork).
4-6-NE 21 (6:13) 5-D.Carpenter 39 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-92-J.Denney, Holder-2-B.Fields.

Thats punt punt punt FG

The phins won that game because of the wildcat, don't let it fool ya.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:39 AM

Fact: You beat them BECAUSE OF THE WILDCAT.Ah, now they have an excuse (Cassel). Convenient. As for the TD's, it's also convenient how you assume that we wouldn't have scored in any way on those drives if we hadn't run the wildcat, despite the fact that we drove down the field at will on each of those drives. Worst case scenario, we kick field goals. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that we don't get into field goal range on the drive with the 62 yard wildcat run by RB. That's three field goals within the 20 yard line.

Now, I'll help you with the math because I know 6th grade is a luxury in Buffalo. Field goals are worth 3 points. 3x3 (that's 3+3+3)=9. Here's the hard part for you because it requires double digits: 9+7=16. 16>13. That means 16 is greater than 13. Think of an alligator eating the biggest number because it's really hungie.

BillsFanInPeace
10-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Because on those plays he has been instructed (if the play doesn't directly involve him) to get out of bounds asap. I believe that Sparano actually commented on it during one of his interviews and it was also brought up by some sportswriter as a way to stop the formation (due to threat of a QB injury).

Tracking that but you cannot tell me that ia Safety gets in his face bump and run, that person will not get a shot on him prior to getting out of bounds

dolpns13
10-25-2008, 11:43 AM

:lol: Funny how posters on BB.com need to come to finheaven to steal material other people have written and pass it off for themselves...ie, this thread

durable because he is getting hit and sacked by 275 - 330 lb DL's. A 5-11 190 LB corner WOULD NOT hurt a 6-3 225 lb Pennington... Actually, the corner would probably hurt

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 11:43 AM
:lol: I didn't think you could.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 11:46 AM
[quote=Nasty Mcgahee;1062677970]Ah, now they have an excuse (Cassel). Convenient. As for the TD's, it's also convenient how you assume that we wouldn't have scored in any way on those drives if we hadn't run the wildcat, despite the fact that we drove down the field at will on each of those drives. Worst case scenario, we kick field goals. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that we don't get into field goal range on the drive with the 62 yard wildcat run by RB. That's three field goals within the 20 yard line.

Now, I'll help you with the math because I know 6th grade is a luxury in Buffalo. Field goals are worth 3 points. 3x3 (that's 3+3+3)=9. Here's the hard part for you because it requires double digits: 9+7=16. 16>13. That means 16 is greater than 13. Think of an alligator eating the biggest number because it's really hungie.
Careful... you'll get an infraction for that... but, what is hungie?

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 11:48 AM
OK, so the phins offense had the Ball 10 times. Of those 10 times they used the wildcat in 5 of those drives... the other 5 drives looked like this:

Thats punt punt punt FG

And I refer you to Nublar's post.

"Miami scored out of the wildcat from the 19 yard line, the 5 yard line and the 2 yard line. You are telling me that even though they had the ball on those yard lines, Miami would not have scored any points if they didn't use the Wildcat? Come on now.

The wildcat is a formation. Saying a team only wins because of that formation is ridiculous. It is like saying a team only won because they had a kick return for a touchdown or a block punt for a touchdown. It is all part of the game. Miami dominated the Patriots and they were moving the ball up and down the field on them with plays other than the wildcat."

Again, you can't predict what would have happened had we stayed in our standard formations, but I would venture to say that had we not scored using the "Wildcat" from the 19, 5, and 2 yard lines, we could have mustered at least 2 or 3 FGs from it so.....there is 6 points....end score Phins 16 - Pats 13.......you and your excuses lose. We have some lovely parting gifts for you. Chip tell him what he could have won. :up:

Detonate
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Bills win 31-17!

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 12:08 PM

Thats punt punt punt FG

Of course, you conveniently leave out all the facts. You fail to include the drives that did include the wildcat, even if it was only one play to get into the endzone.

1-10-MIA 26 (6:13) 10-C.Pennington pass incomplete short left to 83-G.Camarillo.
2-10-MIA 26 (6:08) 23-R.Brown up the middle to MIA 30 for 4 yards (51-J.Mayo, 96-A.Thomas).
3-6-MIA 30 (5:27) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 80-A.Fasano to NE 46 for 24 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 37-R.Harrison).
1-10-NE 46 (4:50) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 19-T.Ginn to NE 31 for 15 yards (37-R.Harrison). FUMBLES (37-R.Harrison), ball out of bounds at NE 32. Penalty on NE-50-M.Vrabel, Defensive Offside, declined.
1-10-NE 32 (4:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 23-R.Brown right tackle to NE 27 for 5 yards (94-T.Warren, 51-J.Mayo).
2-5-NE 27 (3:52) (No Huddle) 10-C.Pennington pass deep right to 80-A.Fasano to NE 4 for 23 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 36-J.Sanders).
1-4-NE 4 (3:12) 23-R.Brown right guard to NE 2 for 2 yards (94-T.Warren, 54-T.Bruschi).
2-2-NE 2 (2:32) 23-R.Brown right guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to Brown

Summary: 8 plays, 74 yards. Wildcat only accounting for final 2 yards on 1 attempt.

1-10-MIA 21 (11:26) 10-C.Pennington pass deep left to 83-G.Camarillo to NE 46 for 33 yards (51-J.Mayo).
1-10-NE 46 (10:47) 34-R.Williams left guard to NE 44 for 2 yards (97-J.Green).
2-8-NE 44 (10:04) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 88-D.Martin to NE 23 for 21 yards (36-J.Sanders).
Timeout #2 by NE at 09:27.
1-10-NE 23 (9:27) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 19-T.Ginn to NE 19 for 4 yards (27-E.Hobbs).
2-6-NE 19 (8:52) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 15-D.Bess to NE 15 for 4 yards (31-B.Meriweather).
3-2-NE 15 (8:23) 23-R.Brown left guard for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Summary: 6 plays, 79 yards. Wildcat accounting for zero yards on zero attempts.

1-10-MIA 23 (4:49) 34-R.Williams right end to MIA 26 for 3 yards (50-M.Vrabel). direct snap to 23-Brown
2-7-MIA 26 (4:18) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 19-T.Ginn to MIA 33 for 7 yards (21-D.O'Neal, 37-R.Harrison).
1-10-MIA 33 (3:36) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 34-R.Williams to MIA 42 for 9 yards (54-T.Bruschi, 37-R.Harrison).
2-1-MIA 42 (3:03) 34-R.Williams left guard to MIA 44 for 2 yards (51-J.Mayo, 54-T.Bruschi).
1-10-MIA 44 (2:20) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 83-G.Camarillo ran ob at NE 45 for 11 yards.
Two-Minute Warning
1-10-NE 45 (2:00) 34-R.Williams right end to NE 17 for 28 yards (37-R.Harrison). direct snap to 23-Brown
Timeout #1 by MIA at 01:42.
1-10-NE 17 (1:42) 23-R.Brown right guard to NE 15 for 2 yards (96-A.Thomas, 75-V.Wilfork).
2-8-NE 15 (1:09) (Shotgun) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 83-G.Camarillo to NE 5 for 10 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 51-J.Mayo).
Timeout #2 by MIA at 01:03.
1-5-NE 5 (1:03) 23-R.Brown right guard for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown

Summary: 9 plays, 77 yards. Wildcat accounting for 36 yards, under half of the total in the drive, but probably the most significant use outside of the 62 yarder.

1-10-MIA 21 (12:11) 10-C.Pennington pass deep left to 19-T.Ginn to MIA 39 for 18 yards (27-E.Hobbs, 36-J.Sanders).
1-10-MIA 39 (11:33) 34-R.Williams left guard to MIA 46 for 7 yards (51-J.Mayo, 36-J.Sanders).
2-3-MIA 46 (10:53) 34-R.Williams left guard to 50 for 4 yards (75-V.Wilfork, 54-T.Bruschi).
1-10- (10:10) 34-R.Williams right guard to NE 47 for 3 yards (37-R.Harrison, 50-M.Vrabel).
2-7-NE 47 (9:28) PENALTY on MIA-68-I.Ndukwe, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NE 47 - No Play.
2-12-MIA 48 (9:08) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 34-R.Williams to NE 40 for 12 yards (51-J.Mayo, 36-J.Sanders).
1-10-NE 40 (8:27) 23-R.Brown up the middle to NE 41 for -1 yards (54-T.Bruschi, 94-T.Warren).
2-11-NE 41 (7:49) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 18-E.Wilford to NE 26 for 15 yards (51-J.Mayo).
1-10-NE 26 (7:04) 34-R.Williams right end to NE 25 for 1 yard (21-D.O'Neal).
2-9-NE 25 (6:22) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 19-T.Ginn to NE 19 for 6 yards (27-E.Hobbs, 37-R.Harrison). NE-54-T.Bruschi was injured during the play.
3-3-NE 19 (5:51) 23-R.Brown pass deep left to 80-A.Fasano for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown

Summary: 10 plays, 79 yards. Wildcat accounting for final 19 yards on 1 attempt in the drive.

1-10-MIA 15 (3:15) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 23-R.Brown to MIA 24 for 9 yards (51-J.Mayo, 59-G.Guyton).
2-1-MIA 24 (2:31) 23-R.Brown left tackle to MIA 27 for 3 yards (97-J.Green, 59-G.Guyton).
1-10-MIA 27 (1:51) 23-R.Brown left end to MIA 35 for 8 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 96-A.Thomas).
2-2-MIA 35 (1:06) 23-R.Brown left guard to MIA 36 for 1 yard (37-R.Harrison).
3-1-MIA 36 (:22) 23-R.Brown left guard to MIA 38 for 2 yards (97-J.Green, 37-R.Harrison).
1-10-MIA 38 (15:00) 23-R.Brown up the middle for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown Penalty on NE-50-M.Vrabel, Unnecessary Roughness, offsetting. Penalty on MIA-34-R.Williams, Personal Foul, offsetting. MIA 23- Brown 4th rushing TD, team record for rushing TD in a game.

Summary: 6 plays, 85 yards, 3 first downs without wildcat before RB busted the 62 yarder with it.

Final drive: our backups are in, so who cares.

We won because they couldn't stop us on multiple drives regardless of the wildcat.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Careful... you'll get an infraction for that... but, what is hungie? :lol: What did you expect after your little swipe at Florida?

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Of course, you conveniently leave out all the facts. You fail to include the drives that did include the wildcat, even if it was only one play to get into the endzone.

1-10-MIA 26 (6:13) 10-C.Pennington pass incomplete short left to 83-G.Camarillo.
2-10-MIA 26 (6:08) 23-R.Brown up the middle to MIA 30 for 4 yards (51-J.Mayo, 96-A.Thomas).
3-6-MIA 30 (5:27) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 80-A.Fasano to NE 46 for 24 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 37-R.Harrison).
1-10-NE 46 (4:50) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 19-T.Ginn to NE 31 for 15 yards (37-R.Harrison). FUMBLES (37-R.Harrison), ball out of bounds at NE 32. Penalty on NE-50-M.Vrabel, Defensive Offside, declined.
1-10-NE 32 (4:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 23-R.Brown right tackle to NE 27 for 5 yards (94-T.Warren, 51-J.Mayo).
2-5-NE 27 (3:52) (No Huddle) 10-C.Pennington pass deep right to 80-A.Fasano to NE 4 for 23 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 36-J.Sanders).
1-4-NE 4 (3:12) 23-R.Brown right guard to NE 2 for 2 yards (94-T.Warren, 54-T.Bruschi).
2-2-NE 2 (2:32) 23-R.Brown right guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to Brown

Summary: 8 plays, 74 yards. Wildcat only accounting for final 2 yards on 1 attempt.

1-10-MIA 21 (11:26) 10-C.Pennington pass deep left to 83-G.Camarillo to NE 46 for 33 yards (51-J.Mayo).
1-10-NE 46 (10:47) 34-R.Williams left guard to NE 44 for 2 yards (97-J.Green).
2-8-NE 44 (10:04) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 88-D.Martin to NE 23 for 21 yards (36-J.Sanders).
Timeout #2 by NE at 09:27.
1-10-NE 23 (9:27) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 19-T.Ginn to NE 19 for 4 yards (27-E.Hobbs).
2-6-NE 19 (8:52) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 15-D.Bess to NE 15 for 4 yards (31-B.Meriweather).
3-2-NE 15 (8:23) 23-R.Brown left guard for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Summary: 6 plays, 79 yards. Wildcat accounting for zero yards on zero attempts.

1-10-MIA 23 (4:49) 34-R.Williams right end to MIA 26 for 3 yards (50-M.Vrabel). direct snap to 23-Brown
2-7-MIA 26 (4:18) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 19-T.Ginn to MIA 33 for 7 yards (21-D.O'Neal, 37-R.Harrison).
1-10-MIA 33 (3:36) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 34-R.Williams to MIA 42 for 9 yards (54-T.Bruschi, 37-R.Harrison).
2-1-MIA 42 (3:03) 34-R.Williams left guard to MIA 44 for 2 yards (51-J.Mayo, 54-T.Bruschi).
1-10-MIA 44 (2:20) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 83-G.Camarillo ran ob at NE 45 for 11 yards.
Two-Minute Warning
1-10-NE 45 (2:00) 34-R.Williams right end to NE 17 for 28 yards (37-R.Harrison). direct snap to 23-Brown
Timeout #1 by MIA at 01:42.
1-10-NE 17 (1:42) 23-R.Brown right guard to NE 15 for 2 yards (96-A.Thomas, 75-V.Wilfork).
2-8-NE 15 (1:09) (Shotgun) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 83-G.Camarillo to NE 5 for 10 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 51-J.Mayo).
Timeout #2 by MIA at 01:03.
1-5-NE 5 (1:03) 23-R.Brown right guard for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown

Summary: 9 plays, 77 yards. Wildcat accounting for 36 yards, under half of the total in the drive, but probably the most significant use outside of the 62 yarder.

1-10-MIA 21 (12:11) 10-C.Pennington pass deep left to 19-T.Ginn to MIA 39 for 18 yards (27-E.Hobbs, 36-J.Sanders).
1-10-MIA 39 (11:33) 34-R.Williams left guard to MIA 46 for 7 yards (51-J.Mayo, 36-J.Sanders).
2-3-MIA 46 (10:53) 34-R.Williams left guard to 50 for 4 yards (75-V.Wilfork, 54-T.Bruschi).
1-10- (10:10) 34-R.Williams right guard to NE 47 for 3 yards (37-R.Harrison, 50-M.Vrabel).
2-7-NE 47 (9:28) PENALTY on MIA-68-I.Ndukwe, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NE 47 - No Play.
2-12-MIA 48 (9:08) 10-C.Pennington pass short right to 34-R.Williams to NE 40 for 12 yards (51-J.Mayo, 36-J.Sanders).
1-10-NE 40 (8:27) 23-R.Brown up the middle to NE 41 for -1 yards (54-T.Bruschi, 94-T.Warren).
2-11-NE 41 (7:49) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 18-E.Wilford to NE 26 for 15 yards (51-J.Mayo).
1-10-NE 26 (7:04) 34-R.Williams right end to NE 25 for 1 yard (21-D.O'Neal).
2-9-NE 25 (6:22) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 19-T.Ginn to NE 19 for 6 yards (27-E.Hobbs, 37-R.Harrison). NE-54-T.Bruschi was injured during the play.
3-3-NE 19 (5:51) 23-R.Brown pass deep left to 80-A.Fasano for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown

Summary: 10 plays, 79 yards. Wildcat accounting for final 19 yards on 1 attempt in the drive.

1-10-MIA 15 (3:15) 10-C.Pennington pass short middle to 23-R.Brown to MIA 24 for 9 yards (51-J.Mayo, 59-G.Guyton).
2-1-MIA 24 (2:31) 23-R.Brown left tackle to MIA 27 for 3 yards (97-J.Green, 59-G.Guyton).
1-10-MIA 27 (1:51) 23-R.Brown left end to MIA 35 for 8 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 96-A.Thomas).
2-2-MIA 35 (1:06) 23-R.Brown left guard to MIA 36 for 1 yard (37-R.Harrison).
3-1-MIA 36 (:22) 23-R.Brown left guard to MIA 38 for 2 yards (97-J.Green, 37-R.Harrison).
1-10-MIA 38 (15:00) 23-R.Brown up the middle for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown Penalty on NE-50-M.Vrabel, Unnecessary Roughness, offsetting. Penalty on MIA-34-R.Williams, Personal Foul, offsetting. MIA 23- Brown 4th rushing TD, team record for rushing TD in a game.

Summary: 6 plays, 85 yards, 3 first downs without wildcat before RB busted the 62 yarder with it.

Final drive: our backups are in, so who cares.

We won because they couldn't stop us on multiple drives regardless of the wildcat.
left out those plays because the analysis was of those drives that didn't include the wildcat.

the fact is: Your offense ONLY scored 10 points without the use of the wildcat...it is what got the phins to a W whether you like it or not.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-25-2008, 12:23 PM
:lol: What did you expect after your little swipe at Florida?
That swipe got me in an infraction... but I don't understand, I've read the code of conduct and it doesn't say anything about getting an infraction for telling the truth.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
left out those plays because the analysis was of those drives that didn't include the wildcat.

the fact is: Your offense ONLY scored 10 points without the use of the wildcat...it is what got the phins to a W whether you like it or not.
Exactly, you left out facts to support your extremely weak theory. The fact is: You don't have a clue what you're talking about and can't back any of it up, nor can you counter any of my points because they are based on ALL of the facts.

Irwin Fletcher
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
That swipe got me in an infraction... but I don't understand, I've read the code of conduct and it doesn't say anything about getting an infraction for telling the truth.:lol:

Loyal Fin
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
That swipe got me in an infraction... but I don't understand, I've read the code of conduct and it doesn't say anything about getting an infraction for telling the truth.

Forgive him guys, he's from buffalo! All they have to do on saturdays is talk garbage on a dolphins message board.. :(poor guy

look, kid. you have said it yourself... we scored 4 times out of the wildcat... if those 4 scores would have been field goals instead...what's the score then?
don't hurt ya self!
3+3+3+3(=12) + the TD Ronnie ran Hobbs over in "base" formation + another field goal = 22 points

That beats 13 in the rest of the country, i dunno about Buffalo.

I'll admit... it was an upset game. but it had more to do with the Pats lacking on defense, Brady out, and our defense stopping them.
The wildcat was a small part of the win.

feelthepain
10-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Against NE:

Against SD:

Against Houston:

Against Baltimore:

In total:

Well lets use a little logic here since I believe there wasn't any used in the concept of this thread,

NE- 58 Offensive plays run, 52 base offense, 6 wildcat.

SD- 68 Offensive plays run, 58 base offense, 10 wildcat

Hou- 49 Offensive plays run, 43 base offense, 6 wildcat

Bal- 46 Offensive plays run, 40 base offense, 6 wildcat

Total base offense-193 plays

Total wildcat offense- 28 plays

Now as anyone with an ounce of common sense would tell you we don't run a "gimmick offense". Here's yet another example of a Bill fan coming here and stirring the pot for trouble. As you can see by the numbers, Miami runs the wildcat an avg of 6.8 times a game, while they avg 48.25 base offense plays per game. This thread is a joke, hey lets find every little tiny thing we can find that isn't perfect about the Dolphins and make a thread on the Dolphins board about it.

Why aren't Bill fans here starting posts about how Trent Edwards only has 5 TD passes aginst three of the worst defenses in league in just 6 games? I would think thats far more of a concern then Miami not lighting the league up with their wildcat play once every 6.8 sanps, Oh wait cuase we're not allowed to talk neagtive about anything Bills it's just neagtive about the Dolphins only, ever!!! This **** is so frikin transparent.

feelthepain
10-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Hmmm, did you suddenly have a brain fart and forget aboiut the "No Huddle" how'd that formation work for the Bills?? Why aren't we talking about that "gimmick formation" and how it declined in each of their 4 SB LOSES?????

Lungoystr
10-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Well lets use a little logic here since I believe there wasn't any used in the concept of this thread,

NE- 58 Offensive plays run, 52 base offense, 6 wildcat.

SD- 68 Offensive plays run, 58 base offense, 10 wildcat

Hou- 49 Offensive plays run, 43 base offense, 6 wildcat

Bal- 46 Offensive plays run, 40 base offense, 6 wildcat

Total base offense-193 plays

Total wildcat offense- 18 plays

Now as anyone with an ounce of common sense would tell you we don't run a "gimmick offense". Here's yet another example of a Bill fan coming here and stirring the pot for trouble. As you can see by the numbers, Miami runs the wildcat an avg of 6.4 times a game, while they avg 48.25 base offense plays per game. This thread is a joke, hey lets find every little tiny thing we can find that isn't perfect about the Dolphins and make a thread on the Dolphins board about it.

Why aren't Bill fans here starting posts about how Trent Edwards only has 5 TD passes aginst three of the worst defenses in league in just 6 games? I would think thats far more of a concern then Miami not lighting the league up with their wildcat play once every 10.7 sanps, Oh wait cuase we're not allowed to talk neagtive about anything Bills it's just neagtive about the Dolphins only, ever!!! This **** is so frikin transparent.

Ya know man, you just can't reason with some people, lol. I say we stop running the "Wildcat" formation when the Bills stop lining up in that sneaky "Shotgun". :wink:

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Ya know man, you just can't reason with some people, lol. I say we stop running the "Wildcat" formation when the Bills stop lining up in that sneaky "Shotgun". :wink:
Serial. Can we get a list of acceptable formations please? We'll pass it on to Henning.

Detonate
10-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Wild Cat will not fool the Bills. We're ready for it. Even if you do score a TD or 2, it still won't be enough. We will SQUISH THE FISH!

#13 Rulz
10-26-2008, 04:30 PM

Care to try again? Muuuuuuhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Still think you'll beat the Pats? No doubt, right? Muuuuuuhahahahahaha!!!!!! :D

The problem is your not even close yet. You have a stop gap solution at QB, a guy with a weak arm that cant throw in cold weather... good luck in the playoffs. You have no wide receivers except Tedd Ginn who is looking much like a bust. Your running backs are good but by the time the rest of the team catches up to them they will be past their prime.
Thank God we're not any better than you said or you'd have lost by 4 TDs! Wow, you're really good at this! Care to tell me more? Muuuuuuhahahahaha!!!!! :lol: :D :woot:

See, The Bills are close to being complete. One guy here, one guy there.
You may need a few more players than you think! One here or there? Muuuuuuhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

The phins havent beat the Bills since 2005.
Time for you to update that! :D :D :D

Now run along little child, your daddy's calling you! :tongue:

Lungoystr
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow! 2.5 hours after the game and no sign of Nasty? LOL! I guess that's what you get from a bandwagon fan. Pathetic loser.

Gonzo
10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
:lol: