PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor

BadFishy
10-25-2008, 09:48 AM
He is going in for 2nd surgery on calf i love the way he played here for years but kinda glad he's gone now. Anyone else drinking the kool-aid??

feelthepain
10-25-2008, 10:02 AM
The only problem I had with JT was his prima donna attitude. I feel bad for the guy and he's a helluva football player. He's on a good team that has a chance to at least make the playoffs and he can't stay on the filed and help them. It's a shame.

WVDolphan
10-25-2008, 10:13 AM
The only problem I had with JT was his prima donna attitude. I feel bad for the guy and he's a helluva football player. He's on a good team that has a chance to at least make the playoffs and he can't stay on the filed and help them. It's a shame.

Actually, he hasnt helped them even when he has been on the field. But, I think I can speak for others when I say we appreciate the draft picks. What a fleece job. I was getting ready to make a post in the coming days regarding this.

Gonzo
10-25-2008, 10:15 AM
He is going in for 2nd surgery on calf i love the way he played here for years but kinda glad he's gone now. Anyone else drinking the kool-aid??I'm drinking coffee.

As for JT, I wish him the best and Washington the worst so we can get a better pick. Neither wish is going very well.

enduro
10-25-2008, 10:23 AM
He is going in for 2nd surgery on calf i love the way he played here for years but kinda glad he's gone now. Anyone else drinking the kool-aid??

i guess dancing is not a suitable off season training regiment. i think we should stick to bills plan. :lol:

Chi-Town FinFan
10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
The way Porter is playing this season makes the loss of JT a lot easier to swallow. If Joey can keep up his level of play, he may be a candidate for DPOY..

GoonBoss
10-26-2008, 02:34 AM
I wish him well. Washington got skunked though. TunaCO awesome trade.

shula_guy
10-26-2008, 02:55 AM
I did not like how he forced his way out of miami. I think his injury could very well be a symstpem of lazy and poor conditioning on his part. He gave us alot of good years here and even though i lost rrszpect for him at the end i still respect his younger days here

GoonBoss
10-26-2008, 03:51 AM
I did not like how he forced his way out of miami. I think his injury could very well be a symstpem of lazy and poor conditioning on his part. He gave us alot of good years here and even though i lost rrszpect for him at the end i still respect his younger days here

His head wasn't in the game. That was clear at the point when he was traded.

Rdskn4lyf21
10-26-2008, 09:24 AM
He's had some timely batted balls but hasn't been healthy enough to be a huge impact. That said he is always drawing a double team so it makes it easier for the rest of our guys.

I can't wait til he's healthy. Our defense is ridiculous right now and a healthy JT would make it damn scary. Either way, he'll get his ring ;)

SpurzN703
10-26-2008, 05:04 PM
He's had some timely batted balls but hasn't been healthy enough to be a huge impact. That said he is always drawing a double team so it makes it easier for the rest of our guys.

I can't wait til he's healthy. Our defense is ridiculous right now and a healthy JT would make it damn scary. Either way, he'll get his ring ;)

Did he lose his wedding ring or something and it's been found?

WVDolphan
10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Jason Taylor is a loser.

feelthepain
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Jason Taylor is a loser.

Is this sarcasm?

flipper12
10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
damn

Rdskn4lyf21
10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
He isn't putting up in the sack category much yet, but he has 7 tipped passes through 6 games played, 5 started. His career high is 9....he's making an impact.

dlockz
10-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Players get injured. Taylor was a great player for us. Joey Porter could have the same scenario next year. it was time to let him go. even with bad play he still might end up with a ring though.

X-Pacolypse
10-27-2008, 05:31 PM
The Dancing Queen never wanted to be a Miami Dolphin this year. The team is better off without him.

X-Pacolypse
10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Keep this in mind also.

LB Joey Porter = 10.5 sacks

- He spent all offseason working in the offseason conditioning program, hasn't missed a game, and is having DPOY type of year.

DE Jason "Dancing Queen" Taylor = 1.0 sack

- Spent all offseason promoting himself as the new "San Francisco Treat" by prancing around on the nationally televised fairy fest known as Dancing With The Stars. Thus, Jason missed out on a great offseason conditioning program, which has led to injuries, and poor numbers.

Just food for thought.

dlockz
10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Keep this in mind also.

LB Joey Porter = 10.5 sacks

- He spent all offseason working in the offseason conditioning program, hasn't missed a game, and is having DPOY type of year.

DE Jason "Dancing Queen" Taylor = 1.0 sack

- Spent all offseason promoting himself as the new "San Francisco Treat" by prancing around on the nationally televised fairy fest known as Dancing With The Stars. Thus, Jason missed out on a great offseason conditioning program, which has led to injuries, and poor numbers.

Just food for thought.

The offseason conditioning could have something to do with it or just age and bad luck. Players get injured all the time.

DolfanDonny
11-01-2008, 08:17 PM

I beg to differ on his attitude...

- In all his years with us, he (and Zach) were the first to step forward to restructure their contracts and free up money to help the team (although we didn't take advantage of that to secure many more good players through the years). That is a true measure of unselfishness. Other than that, he simply wanted to WIN like everyone else.

- When he made a good play (and there are a LOT of "whens"), he never beat on his chest anymore than any other player who makes a game-changing play. As a matter of fact, he (and Zach) showed the kind of heart, determination and intensity that served as a role model for the other players on an otherwise mediocre defense, who could have and should have followed his lead.

- He always gave his heart and soul to the Miami community, still calls S. Fla home, and never asked for anything in return. I was happy to see him recognized though late in his tenure with the Dolphins as the NFL Man of the Year for his contributions.

It's REALLY unfortunate that he is injured. I doubt the conditioning program could have prevented that due to the nature of his injury.

Why not just wish him well, then cheer him on when he enters the HOF as a Dolphin five years or so from now. I, for one, will.

djfresh47
11-02-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't get why people would feel as it Taylor betrayed them or the team. He felt that another team gave him a better chance at winning a championship. He wasn't part of the future which is what the team is building for. I don't think he'll retire after this season which he said he would do.

He's in a better situation to win a SB ring this season because of the move. The Dolphins will be better in the future if the draft picks pan out. Bill Parcells wasn't a saint in whatever feud they had going either.

thekingrobert
11-02-2008, 03:25 AM
being a Redskins fan im feeling his pain first hand, he is playing at 60% and still getting doubled