PDA

View Full Version : Golhston

Dr. Tomorrow
10-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Im just cause I havent heard anything on him so far this season. Does he even play or have any stats so far?

Dolfan5000
10-30-2008, 12:28 AM
*crickets chirping in the background*

The Jests make me giggle. lol

3rdandinches
10-30-2008, 12:31 AM
There's a very good reason why you haven't heard anything about Gholston.

phinfan33
10-30-2008, 12:32 AM
*crickets chirping in the background*

The Jests make me giggle. lol
:lol:..i like that,that's good....crickets chirping in the background..:sidelol:

Dolfan5000
10-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Gholston has only six whole tackles to contribute to the Jets D so far. Jake Long or Vernon who???? lolol

Gonzo
10-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Gholston has only six whole tackles to contribute to the Jets D so far. Jake Long or Vernon who???? lololJesse Chatman is only 2 behind him...

Dolfan5000
10-30-2008, 12:36 AM
:lol:..i like that,that's good....crickets chirping in the background..:sidelol:
thank you, i try :lol:

Dolfan5000
10-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Jesse Chatman is only 2 behind him...
Now that makes me feel good and all fuzzily warm inside. :lol:

phinfan33
10-30-2008, 12:43 AM
thank you, i try :lol:
:up:..on that one.

Dolfan5000
10-30-2008, 12:44 AM
I hope Nyjunc sees this so I can eat his tears of draft bust history.
Kyle Brady
O Brien
Freeman Mcneil
Roger Vick?
I'm going to stop before the floodgates of sadness open on the poor Jets fan that see this MWAHAHAHA

elandre
10-30-2008, 12:53 AM
So far Gholston has been the biggest BUST in the top 10 picks!

but ill wait till next year to consider him a big bust since he is new to 3-4...

cafinfan408
10-30-2008, 12:57 AM
im sorry but no way he is a 3-4 lb.
no instincts
he is a 4-3 DE.
why the jets drafted him there is beyond me.
They get rid of Vilma cause he is not a 3-4 guy
and they draft him...

phinfan33
10-30-2008, 01:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8783...that should be the link to see what he's done this season so far,and it aint a whole hell of alot...6 tackles in 7 games,and nothing else...

Cocelesti
10-30-2008, 02:29 AM
So far Gholston has been the biggest BUST in the top 10 picks!

but ill wait till next year to consider him a big bust since he is new to 3-4...

Yes I have heard talk of the they first really going to use him at the start of next season. Because maybe he should rotate between DE or LB.
But it must be disappointing to be a jets fan over the choice of him so far.

emeraldfin
10-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Way too early to be calling Gholston a bust yet, but when your high first round pick is barely getting on the field at this stage of the season you'd have to be concerned if your a Jets fan about his progress.

But as a Fins fan, cant say I'm too bothered :D

DaBills4life
10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Doesnt seem like a great draft class so far. Very quiet class this year. A couple good OL so far and RB's, but other than that pretty quiet.

The Bills 11th pick McKelvin couldn't even get on the field for McGee last week who coming off an MCL injury was wearing a huge brace on his knee and couldnt run.

Gonzo
10-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Doesnt seem like a great draft class so far. Very quiet class this year. A couple good OL so far and RB's, but other than that pretty quiet.

The Bills 11th pick McKelvin couldn't even get on the field for McGee last week who coming off an MCL injury was wearing a huge brace on his knee and couldnt run.You forgot WR's, a QB, and several defensive players that are doing quite well, including our own Langford. It's a little early, but I don't see how this can be considered a bad draft class, especially based solely on the bills pick.

mroz
10-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Way too early to be calling Gholston a bust yet, but when your high first round pick is barely getting on the field at this stage of the season you'd have to be concerned if your a Jets fan about his progress.

But as a Fins fan, cant say I'm too bothered :D

Jason <cough> Allen <cough> :D

nyjunc
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
I hope Nyjunc sees this so I can eat his tears of draft bust history.
Kyle Brady
O Brien
Freeman Mcneil
Roger Vick?
I'm going to stop before the floodgates of sadness open on the poor Jets fan that see this MWAHAHAHA

Freeman Mcneil would have been a HOFer if he was more durable, Brady was a good player as was O'brien. Check your drafts from the past 10-15 years and let me know what you see.

Jetsfan0099
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Glazer reported that Gholston talked with LT for help, and LT actually is going to take Gholston under his wing and try to help him become a good player. Hopefully he turns out to be something, his best game this year was probably week 1 where he had a few QB hurries.

But don't make fun of the Jets drafts, as they have been one of the top drafting teams lately. How about last years 1st round pick Darrelle Revis? Hes looking like maybe the best CB in football right now, definitely top 5. The guy shuts down everyone he faces.

And the other 2 first rounds D'Brickashaw Ferguson(who is having a stud like season, only allowed 1 sack and is playing lights out against pass rushers) and Nick Mangold (who is having a probowl type season) are both proven to be great picks and going to have great careers.

As long as Eric Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum are together, the odds are the Jets are drafting a good player.They definitely know how to find talent, my biggest problem was FA. This year they might of had the best FA frenzy out of any team. Everyone of their pick ups are doing good. Kris Jenkins in a trade ended up being one of the best moves this franchise made in a long time as Jenkins has been one of the best defensive players this year. Calvin Pace ended up being a great signing as he is a stud like LB. He plays the run extremely well and can rush the passer and drop into coverage. Perfect fit for a 3-4 OLB.
Alan Faneca ended up being a good move, he provided leadership and his run blocking is a huge asset to this team. He is really getting into a groove opening huge holes for TJ and Leon.
Damien Woody ended up being a good signing as he provides leadership and is a quality RT. Great run blocker, can really maul a DE out of the play. And a pretty good pass blocker, struggles with speed rushers but for the most part hes been good.
Tony Richardson has been a very good FB for us, throwing some key blocks out for runs.
This is all outside of the Favre move, people need to realize that the Jets had a good team coming into the season. Favre might actually be hurting us with his stupid INTs he throws, but he helps with the big time throws he can make and makes. Favre is also hurt right now from being hit so much as a 39 yr old.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Im just cause I havent heard anything on him so far this season. Does he even play or have any stats so far?
There's a reason you don't hear from him.He is playing behind TWO very good OLB's in Pace and Thomas.Look up there play during a game and you will see why he doesn't see the field much.

rainmaker1313
11-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I havent heard anything about him either, not 1 word!! OUCH for the Jets fans!!!

SpaceMountain16
11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Freeman Mcneil would have been a HOFer if he was more durable, Brady was a good player as was O'brien. Check your drafts from the past 10-15 years and let me know what you see.

You guys coined bad drafts, we're just doing our best to keep up with the Blair Thomas's....err the Jones's.

obxsnowboarderp
11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I know come on there is a Youtube video of Jets Draft Blunders hahah

GoonBoss
11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
You guys coined bad drafts, we're just doing our best to keep up with the Blair Thomas's....err the Jones's.

We're the last people that should be talking junk about draft picks.

Gonzo
11-08-2008, 10:30 PM
We're the last people that should be talking junk about draft picks.
Unless we're talking to a jets fan, like he was.

BettorFan
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
When the Jets meet the Fins again I bet he'll destroy Pennington.