PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

FALCONS24-7-365
10-31-2008, 04:55 AM
If and when Vick comes back to the league, who do you think will be desperate enough to take a shot at him......I say the Lions.....

emeraldfin
10-31-2008, 06:18 AM
Bengals.

He would fit right in there.

FALCONS24-7-365
10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Bengals.

lol...

Noodle Arm
10-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Bengals.

Bingo. Do you think when Bengals management asks for a players career resume, the players just hand in their arrest record??

Farmer
10-31-2008, 10:18 AM
gotta put the cowboys in discussion there too. not as a QB though, unless a team is REAL desperate he'll be brough in as a back up Q and either slot WR/RB.

retired opfinistic
10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Hopefully no-one.

Cocelesti
10-31-2008, 12:09 PM
If everything goes as planned, he will not be back. Fortunately.

mroz
10-31-2008, 12:25 PM
No one...

mroz
10-31-2008, 12:26 PM
or maybe the Browns.... cause they have the Dawg pound... lol

djfresh47
10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
He'll get an opportunity. First I think he'll have to go through the Arena League or Arena League 2. I think the Raiders.

GoonBoss
10-31-2008, 01:34 PM
You mean, assumeing Goddell lets him back in?

dlockz
10-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Its asinine if Vick does his time and shows a willingness to rehabilitate that the NFL would not let him back in the league. This would be pure hypocrisy because these guys are not in law enforcement or other jobs where your background should eliminate you from playing. Vick is a horrible person but that does not mean he should be banned. Hell Joey Porter I know for a fact has fought dogs as have other players in the league. People are seriously naive if they think Vick is the only player in the NFL that has fought dogs. Besides that he is the perfect Qb for the wildcat offense(just kidding).

GoonBoss
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Its asinine if Vick does his time and shows a willingness to rehabilitate that the NFL would not let him back in the league. This would be pure hypocrisy because these guys are not in law enforcement or other jobs where your background should eliminate you from playing. Vick is a horrible person but that does not mean he should be banned. Hell Joey Porter I know for a fact has fought dogs as have other players in the league. People are seriously naive if they think Vick is the only player in the NFL that has fought dogs. Besides that he is the perfect Qb for the wildcat offense(just kidding).

Goddell is charged by the owners and enabled by the NFLPA to use his discression on reinstatement to protect the NFL brand. I will not shead one single tear if he is not allowed to play again, nor will I be upset if he is allowed to.

djfresh47
10-31-2008, 03:56 PM

Vick was the person caught so he's the scapegoat. I'm sure he's not the only guy in the league who fought dogs. He was the one who got caught so the NFL will make an example of him. I believe he shouldn't be banned. Though we're talking about a guy who would have sat out atleast two straight NFL seasons at the most mentally demanding position in professional sports. Physically I don't think he'll be ready either. IMO he'll go to the Arena League or the CFL and get them some attention.

dlockz
10-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Goddell is charged by the owners and enabled by the NFLPA to use his discression on reinstatement to protect the NFL brand. I will not shead one single tear if he is not allowed to play again, nor will I be upset if he is allowed to.

Im just saying it would hypocriticial to not allow him. There are quite a few athletes in the NFL that have engaged in dog fighting(not a high percentage but probably some from every team) Vick was just the one who was most stupid. if leonard little has been allowed to play all these years then Vick if he serves his time does no more a disservice to the league than him or the other non investigated dog fighters.

GoonBoss
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Im just saying it would hypocriticial to not allow him. There are quite a few athletes in the NFL that have engaged in dog fighting(not a high percentage but probably some from every team) Vick was just the one who was most stupid. if leonard little has been allowed to play all these years then Vick if he serves his time does no more a disservice to the league than him or the other non investigated dog fighters.

I respect your opinion...I got called a hyprocrite by my eldest child because I would not allow him to smoke, or to drink before he was of legal age. His response was.."You're a hyprocrite! You did it!" I smiled, and, said "Maybe I am, but, I don't care. Just because I was stupid does not give you the right to be stupid too." :lol:

dlockz
10-31-2008, 04:08 PM
I respect your opinion...I got called a hyprocrite by my eldest child because I would not allow him to smoke, or to drink before he was of legal age. His response was.."You're a hyprocrite! You did it!" I smiled, and, said "Maybe I am, but, I don't care. Just because I was stupid does not give you the right to be stupid too." :lol:

i just dont know of a moral stand to keep Vick from rejoining the NFL. he broke the law but he also is doing his time. I could understand not having a pedophile not working in day care but a convicted dog fighter from playing in the NFL is not the same. the has to be a clear reason to exclude people and to me that does not pass the test. So if your child smoked underage and you caught him would you ban him from the household or punish him and allow him to prove he has changed.

GoonBoss
10-31-2008, 04:29 PM
i just dont know of a moral stand to keep Vick from rejoining the NFL. he broke the law but he also is doing his time. I could understand not having a pedophile not working in day care but a convicted dog fighter from playing in the NFL is not the same. the has to be a clear reason to exclude people and to me that does not pass the test. So if your child smoked underage and you caught him would you ban him from the household or punish him and allow him to prove he has changed.

I'm not saying I disagree with you....I'm merely saying that just because somthing is hyprocritical doesn't make it wrong out of hand. These are big boys, and, they know what the stakes are. Just like with Adam Jones, etc..Goddell isn't playing around and, that message was sent early and often. I personally don't give a rip if you fight dogs or not....Or do drugs...or hit women...or whatever. I don't agree with any of thses things and I think it makes you a bad person, but, I really don't care. The NFL does, however care.

As far as my kid? I can't legally kick him out of the house underage, even if I wanted, to, which I didn't. He's 19 now, and he's aware that I've said if he smokes in the house, he's out. He's still a part of the family, and, I still love him, but, he can't stay in the house. Now, I may reconsider and give him another chance, or I may not...It's at my, and, Mrs Goon's discression. If he smokes once, and, I kick him out, and, the middle kid gets to 19 and does the same thing, I may or may not kick him out. It's at my and Mrs Goon's discression.

Perfect23
10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
He wont be back in